Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I completed my first tour car, Volkswagen scirocco GT24-CNG.  Nice to have oil shocks and ball bearings standard with kit. A lot of stickers and was my first introduction to turnbuckles.  The FF03 is also a first for me.  Interesting build.  

83A846A6-ECD4-4D54-BDFF-C2B8C0B136BE.jpeg

0C607A88-C614-425D-96AA-2B1C7B47620B.jpeg

642DD9FD-91DE-4663-97E5-F953CF97F0EE.jpeg

• Like 15

Did some more postal racing practise with the Cougar on the lawn and developed a new camouflage....  :lol:

round7 (3).jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, mud4fun said:

Did some more postal racing practise with the Cougar on the lawn and developed a new camouflage....  :lol:

round7 (3).jpg

I once had a cougar on the lawn.  And it too was dirty...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Also fitted new black Schumacher slim front wheels onto middle Mudlets Sand Viper. She decided she preferred black wheels instead of the fluorescent yellow ones. Had to drill out the centres to 5.2mm to clear the axle and allow them to fit nicely on the fastrax hex adaptors. I fitted a lightly greased washer behind the adaptor and a lightly greased shim between wheel and nyloc nut which means they work fine for racing, zero slop in them at all. The wheel runs smoothly and the nyloc nut stays perfectly in place. I fitted Schumacher silver compound cut stagger rib tyres to the front wheels.  Rears are Tamiya DF03 black wheels with Schumacher yellow compound large pin spikes (which we use on all our buggies for grass racing)

The skinny front wheels and super soft sticky cut stagger tyres give far tighter turning under power than the Tamiya kit supplied wide ribbed front tyres.

Also fitted a Kyosho Magnetic Mayhem motor to this today as more torque is more important than outright high revs on these tight twisty postal racing track designs.

round7 (4).jpg

note: Picture shows front tyres with foams but I have now removed them after finding that my Cougar worked better without foams on our lawn.

• Like 10

Got up this morning made a strong coffee and decided to install some hop ups I've accumulated on some of my M cars while watching the sun come up. Me and the boy might head off to the beach soon with some RCs aswell since it looks like it's going to be another cracker of a day 😎

XckdfHH.jpg

• Like 10

17 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Fast eddy is ready to hop in the vanquish ! 

DFDD58A2-135B-430D-B5A4-8B007E645B61.jpegHe’s in !!

5556E0B0-DD55-4E29-89B9-F0DA0AA3D293.jpeg

Whats the driver so anxious about is the car to fast or do he not trust the builder ;)

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Whats the driver so anxious about is the car to fast or do he not trust the builder ;)

Lol too fast for sure 😉. I built over the course of about 3 days and made sure everything was good except for the center diff that needed tightened down all the way. 

I finally started an RC tire experiment, I got around to gluing the rubber tires. I bought gorilla glue super glue and 2 small tubes of Krazy glue. The gorilla glue was rather thick looking and the tip a bit big, it did have a brush on it. The tiny Krazy glue has a small tip perfect size, it ran well in the bead and I put some fabric elastic bands on the tire after applying glue. I did the inner side of the 4 rims and will see how well it holds. There was 1 part of the tire that didn't 100% sit against the rim but 95% and a bit extra glue should work. Only got a bit of glue on my finger as the rubber tread had a few areas the glue filled, otherwise I wore rubber gloves during the process.

I'm getting a set of aluminum RC shocks in with I a week or 2 and I don't know if they will provide oil with them. I still have half a bottle of 400 tamiya shock oil left and that's it. It might run just short for the new set, I can buy some more from RC mart if needed but what alternative oil brands come close to tamiya 400 soft oil?

Did a few RC things today.

I kept going with the stickering of the Terra Scorcher shell, and the driver is now all primed and ready to be painted, once I decide what colour the helmet is going to be.

I then took out the Boss for the usual spin, early enough because starting from today, ladies and gents, we have a frippin' corfew from 8 PM to 5 AM, with up to 6000 $ fine if you break it 😳

20210105-170100.jpg

Later on I fixed up my niece's little truck, and even drove it around for some rippin' indoors action :lol:

Screenshot-20210109-201324-Video-Player.

• Like 8

Tried to make 2 chassis out of 3, ended up not making any :lol: will try again tomorrow! Screenshot_20210110_013506.thumb.jpg.a7734af6070407aabd2358eb17fb41e3.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

I kept going with the stickering of the Terra Scorcher shell, and the driver is now all primed and ready to be painted, once I decide what colour the helmet is going to be.

I then took out the Boss for the usual spin, early enough because starting from today, ladies and gents, we have a frippin' corfew from 8 PM to 5 AM, with up to 6000 $ fine if you break it 😳

20210105-170100.jpg

Later on I fixed up my niece's little truck, and even drove it around for some rippin' indoors action :lol:

Screenshot-20210109-201324-Video-Player.

i wish i could run my TT02D indoors but my space doesnt have a sufficient area for that. im stuck to running it in an underground parking lot until spring comes along.

12 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Great photos as usual @Ferruz, feel your pain with the curfew, not too dissimilar here, we have strict lockdown, no leaving house unless for essentials. As most shops are shut from 5:30pm to 7am it equates to a curfew anyway. Can't even do recreation any more which means no RC driving unless in our own garden. I'm sure they'll find some excuse to ban that too soon....  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sourced a motor for my FTX Outlaw mod project. I'm going to have to learn to solder now!

• Like 1

Shoveled quite a lot of snow today in the attempt to restore my track, but realized it was way too powdery and floury to be compacted properly, so gave up half way and run the Manta on the driveway and the partially cleared section of the track. Will hopefully get better results when the snow gets better for the purpose. It's really interesting how much snow can change in texture, feel and consistency, it always amazed me since I was a kid.

20210110-230159.jpg

Hopped on the TS driver after, after the first coat of paint it now looks like he's wearing a pajamas ^_^ I'm confident he'll turn out fine eventually

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mud4fun said:

Can't even do recreation any more which means no RC driving unless in our own garden. I'm sure they'll find some excuse to ban that too soon....  :D

Only if those Mudlets keep beating me in the postal racing 😉

I just bougth my first rc truck, I was looking for something to build that takes a little more time then a few days, so decided to buy a truck so I can build something in the borring covid lockdown.

I bought the MAN truck, off the weekly deal from tamico, It was a nice deal,  and it comes with a pre painted body, normaly I want to paint the body myself, but I wanted a nice finished body and not having the chance to destroy the paint job.

so now going to search a light and sound unit, I think I am going to order the G.T power pro unit that cost 100 euro, i know it has some flaws, but the tamiya units are to expensive for me.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, Busdriver said:

Another project basically finished. This lockdown has lot to answer for. The rear deck of the Wrangler has been planked in coffee stirrers, stained walnut and varnished with yacht varnish . Also fitted an upstand around it to give it a little depth. Job done9F1CA1AB-0C2A-44A3-B7FA-EDB2BD6B58DB.jpeg.e90ae7acd82ff4f785ff027640241834.jpeg573EEEB9-2D10-437D-96A1-DBE9FC0FCE62.jpeg.94c4d9e29fc36255fef0ebd34a37da84.jpeg

No word of a lie - It's been so long since I was in the office I had forgotten that coffee stirrers were an actual thing! 

Looks awesome mate - really great job there ;) 

Starting this new year hard with quad parts.

apart from buying a transmitter, module, camera, mic's and batterys... a new frame arrived today so I assebled it just so I could play around with it... while month will pass until this beauty gets to see the sky... a bit childish but I like to become 1 with my chassis. carry it around the house... just wondering how light it is without electronics and alll.. what a inventon comes to my mind very often. basically a expirience only birds have...

SRO8G76.jpg

Cdr6qRN.jpg

NHfgCzY.jpg

On the up is the new frame, I thought its a Geprc Mark4 225mm but its actually a 'readytosky' frame, a aliexpress copy of the real thing... but very well made.

the down one is a zmr250 on the right is a quad that made fpv racing famouse, it does not look like it, but its huge compared to the mark4 225mm. I have silver standoffs comming that are 2.5cm height instead the red 3.5cm ones. 

Quick photo session before anyone woke up in the house ( tad dark still, and it´s winter. ) of my GL Racing 1:28 chassis and P1 Lexan runner :)

Highly recommend checking GL Racing if you haven´t already. Incredible what´s possible in this scale, about the size of a smartphone.

photo 2020-12-19, 13 56 32.JPG

photo 2020-12-19, 13 57 29.JPG

IMG-8318.jpg

IMG-8328.jpg

• Like 9

Just now, technics said:

Quick photo session before anyone woke up in the house ( tad dark still, and it´s winter. ) of my GL Racing 1:28 chassis and P1 Lexan runner :)

Highly recommend checking GL Racing if you haven´t already. Incredible what´s possible in this scale, about the size of a smartphone.

photo 2020-12-19, 13 56 32.JPG

photo 2020-12-19, 13 57 29.JPG

IMG-8318.jpg

IMG-8328.jpg

I welcome this a lot. can you supply a link please? o their website or where this an be bought

25 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I welcome this a lot. can you supply a link please? o their website or where this an be bought

I´ve had great experience with these shops. Fast and tracked shipping.

https://www.srcc-devils.de/GL-RACING-WORLDWIDE-SHOP.htm?a=catalog&p=1029

https://www.rcorange.com/categorie-produit/kits-et-chassis/kits-et-chassis-gl-racing/

http://gl-racing.com/store/

https://www.facebook.com/GLRCRACING

With micro receivers to run any radio of your choosing, I run my T4PM Futaba as all my 1:10 chassis.

My chassis is the first generation GLR ( RWD ) chassis, 5300kv motor, ceramic ball diff, stock electrics, unsensored. (  Programmable ESC with hobbywing box module )
Since then there is a imminent V2 chassis release of the GLR, sensored electronics ( there´s many brands to choose from if you want options ) and far more powerful motors, over 10,000kv, even with 5300kv I run out of space before the braking zone arrives.

My local indoor club runs GL Racing on equivalent mini z carpet track, there´s a 12-20 people, only one has a AWD version, check your local club what suits best.

Incredible!
Actually as funny as it sounds, it feels just like 1:10 touring, the cars might be far smaller but they react and drive equally good.

It just feels like their further away haha :)

• Haha 2