Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Isnt P for Polycarbonat? Isnt the hard body out of polycarbonat

Polycarbonate is another term for Lexan, ie the clear type that you spray the inside. The Kei is made out of Polystyrene/ABS and has to be sprayed on the outside. The one in the picture is the body colour that I bought. The white parts are 3 d printed parts in white.

8 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Polycarbonate is another term for Lexan, ie the clear type that you spray the inside. The Kei is made out of Polystyrene/ABS and has to be sprayed on the outside. The one in the picture is the body colour that I bought. The white parts are 3 d printed parts in white.

Yeh.. idk why I thought the lunchbox body was out of poly... but its abs. I googled and found there are also plain white polycarbonat sheets. I think it must have been some of the revell static kits and paint.... where I have read it. But still I think tamiya paint will hold to the body good...

Tamiya TS and AS paints do but PS paints do not work that well on ABS. They dont have enough pigment and they dry matt.

• Like 1

I recently got a few more receivers so I could now add one and leave it in my Kyosho Scorpion, which I did today. A simple job but it’s nice to be able to use whatever model you want if you have enough equipment 

71DE022C-9B20-4B5F-B05E-4A68784BFEBC.jpeg.02c737cb598042d93cfbc7d6c878a283.jpeg

2AEB31D6-F39E-41F4-86D2-EED645F9B913.jpeg.13478fa527c13d201d660f6adcc9ec53.jpeg

• Like 2

Got the Scania into a rolling chassis so I could check steering and drive train. So far so good. Steering is reasonably straight, gears change and there seems to be no jams. I've even surprised meself getting all four wheels to turn the same way first time of asking!! 😂. Next step is deciding whether to paint the side tanks and wheel arches

IMG_20210130_195148.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Tamiya TS and AS paints do but PS paints do not work that well on ABS. They dont have enough pigment and they dry matt.

Usually but I once used a Fastrax pc paint on a black foot hard body that worked quite well. Did it the usual way I do them, primer paint lacquer and it all held together. Mind it was only light usage so don't know how it would hold up to full on looney bashing

On 27/01/2021 at 8:56 PM, Badcrumble said:

Went looking in my bedside drawers for some vitamin tablets and found two 29T pinions!

DSC_04802.jpg

I needed one more for the Agrios build and they are out of stock at Modelsport. Yay!

Do you need another 19t pinion? 

1 hour ago, svenb said:

Do you need another 19t pinion? 

No, that was a genuine 'yay'! I went from needing one to having one surplus. I must have bought the two with the Agrios in mind some time ago. Who knows why I bought the single one I found in the garage!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

No, that was a genuine 'yay'! I went from needing one to having one surplus. I must have bought the two with the Agrios in mind some time ago. Who knows why I bought the single one I found in the garage!

👍 Only ask coz I've found one 😅

• Thanks 1

Finished my LMT Roller today. Installed a Castle Mamba Monster, 2020 brushless, and a Hitec steering servo.  I'm only running this on 2s. I want to be able to keep it down to my Clod Buster speeds when running with the kids.

Painted it up as a Thunder Chicken. I hope to get some white wheels for it someday.  

RSwrnHI.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

Rocket League IRL

2487ABA0-3198-477D-811F-14A5F5CB5707.jpeg

where are the rockets??

im not personally a fan of rocket league  but it would be fun to have a bunch of RCs playing soccer.

Taking my Axe 550R2 3300kv system out of the TRX6  and replacing it with Fusion 1800kv all in one (540 motor with build in ESC all inside of 550 can) as with the scale Interior there is not enough space. Now I have everything in place now. 0F5C287B-FC0D-45E4-9077-3C3B9963DAE0.thumb.jpeg.6176cfd4ef855dff1b48439c5b6a6b51.jpegAxe 550R2 +ESC top, bottom Fusion all in one 

5E0075A0-CF3F-4C1C-BE7A-A29D7F0C50F7.jpeg.5d633a751c27ecc36caff143bea4c634.jpeg

now Arny  can have his Mercedes interior back 

• Like 4

Ditched the old FlySky FS GT2 single car receiver from my newly improved M05 and installed a BS6 receiver so I can now run it off a 4 battery FS GT5 Tx instead of 8 batteries.

I don’t know if it’s some of the upgrades on it, or the gyro in the Rx, or a bit of both, but after a quick test run feels like a new car.   Much better than it was before 👍🏻

Who would have thought you could have so much fun on a Silver Can. 

• Like 1

Between yesterday and today I took my DT03 back for the following modifications:

new front upright from F103 hop up

spacer.png

slightly modified to be able to use GPM hex adapters; so originally...

spacer.png

and so after modifying them with a simple cutter. The better you do the job, the better the wheel turns

spacer.png

Then I assembled the shocks from the DT-03 kit using the parts provided for the DF03 kit to improve them.

Parts from DT-03 kit

spacer.png

Extra parts from DF-03 kit ( bag #9400414)

spacer.png

then only 8 x 2 mm eclipses are needed

spacer.png

and here's how you can improve

spacer.png

spacer.png

and including a set of slightly longer and harder springs

spacer.png

and harder silicon oil

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, nel33 said:

where are the rockets??

im not personally a fan of rocket league  but it would be fun to have a bunch of RCs playing soccer.

I’m not personally a big fan either, but I think a bunch of real RCs playing car football would be a hoot 

I'm almost done with the Turbo Scorpion, the only thing left are the lights. I had to flip the end bell 180° on the motor so I could have enough length on the wires without having to resolder them, and the motor was extra sparky when I first tested it, turns out one of the brushes was missing a good chunk, so I replaced both of them with a new Tamiya set. Other than that it went fine, as expected with these awesome kits.

NDRDIyW.jpg

hKWDbD9.jpg

Pm8Mb9J.jpg

WuFdqRw.jpg

• Like 14

7 months since last doing anything on this project, I have managed to find the time to almost complete the build of my TA01 nitro conversion (thread all about it in the nitro section). Very satisfying progress 👍

81806976-F7B9-440D-B391-F9C1A811EC9D.jpeg

• Like 7

@VileQuenouille the turbo scorpion looks awesome! (as does the Optima)

I haven't done much today other than play a game of monopoly with kids and cook a roast duck with a port and orange sauce (home made).

I masked up and am in the middle of painting my new tri-colour team colours onto a Thundershot shell. That might be finished by midnight.....

On 1/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, Busdriver said:

Had a tinkering day. Tidied up my modelling space a bit. Put a few things in the loft for later. Boxed up my Willy parts to send to @toyolien , did some motor changes, goolrun brushless from M06 ( just too much)  into the Cayenne chassis and the sport tuned went the other way. Fitted the body kit to my kei truck along with some proper tyres to the c spoke wheels. Now I need to decide what colour to paint it . Fancy something garish like lime green or pink???00158884-8B8E-4D12-AC7B-74D4983BD78B.jpeg.7fb311371b9296299aabaca562f1d72b.jpeg

Trying to get my fleet ready for some spring time driving. I can’t be bothered with all the cleaning that is needed in this foul weather we are having in the UK .

Holy Cow poo these things suck you in. Just ordered some Kawasaki Green, Metallic orange and  Gunmetal for the wheels, or maybe twotone Green or Orange and Gunmetal?? Also ordered metal front axles, better hex converters and an all metal back axle. Really cheap my donkey!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, VileQuenouille said:

I'm almost done with the Turbo Scorpion, the only thing left are the lights. I had to flip the end bell 180° on the motor so I could have enough length on the wires without having to resolder them, and the motor was extra sparky when I first tested it, turns out one of the brushes was missing a good chunk, so I replaced both of them with a new Tamiya set. Other than that it went fine, as expected with these awesome kits.

NDRDIyW.jpg

hKWDbD9.jpg

Pm8Mb9J.jpg

WuFdqRw.jpg

I'm not generally a fan of buggies but these Old Skool Optimas look great. Pity the only Tamiya equivalent is the Wild One, IMHO.

As part of an on going clear our I posted a Holiday Buggy for sale and started putting together all the parts for a Cheetah chassis also to sell.

I had to really, I bought a NIP Porsche 936 body set as well as an old Countach body and wheels yesterday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alwb68 said:

As part of an on going clear our I posted a Holiday Buggy for sale and started putting together all the parts for a Cheetah chassis also to sell.

I had to really, I bought a NIP Porsche 936 body set as well as an old Countach body and wheels yesterday.

Did you post here or auction site?

Ordered 2x2s lipos , some m chassis tyres, paint from Modelsport 

• Like 1