Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i put my TBLE02S into the spare stock or somewhere i can just put it aside and maybe figure it out later on. it has its gremlins with the reverse functions being unpredictable and erratic. changing and putting back proper motor setting, trying to disable the reverse and reactivate it seemed to have make the gremlins mad. after trying to disable R not the motor setting work but either setting just keeps flashing on forever and cause the motor to be inactive because some fault. 

i went and installed the HW1060 onto the TT02, took 30 min +20 to choose the placement of it. couldnt for the life of me slid the switch onto the ridge of the ESC casing. i decided to just place the ESC clear of touching the motor wires and provide enough air flow potential. the mounting surface i put my transmitter receiver on served well for the on/off switch, the surface also serves as the steering servo as i couldn't find a place for bottom clearance on the on/off switch wires that i liked alot. i held back the wires in the pic to get a nice shot of them but will button up the loose wires nicely. apparently this ESC goes into limp mode if it hits 6.4 volts on the battery?? but HW does have a capacitor 86030030 that will prevent it from going into limp mode so early on? i havent had a chance to run down the battery properly due to winter but i will see how long it lasts until it will go into limp mode.

IMG_4257.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nel33 said:

couldnt for the life of me slid the switch onto the ridge of the ESC casing. 

Yeah, they are a tight fit, you have to press it hard against the case AND press it down really firmly at the same time to get it in. Works quite nicely when fitting like that though because it doesn't budge when turning it off or on ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

Yeah, they are a tight fit, you have to press it hard against the case AND press it down really firmly at the same time to get it in. Works quite nicely when fitting like that though because it doesn't budge when turning it off or on ;)

thanks, its too bad that my ESC had to go onto the bottom of the tray. that small connection tab exiting the body of the switch and the wires themselves just didnt have the bottom clearance to not pinch on the tray surface... my steering servo seems to be best buddies with all the electronics i put on the chassis. i like to have some nice gaps for air flow and avoid putting unnecessary contact on wires to areas that heat up to avoid heat/melt related issues. that and i just dont want loose wires too close to the driveshaft for obvious reasons.

if the old ESC has given up the ghost i wouldnt mind cutting off the on off switch and saving it for other ESCs. i like the size and design of it. the old one was big (not huge but clearances  and all) and tricky to place, the new one is small and takes some thought to place, where is the Goldilocks zone????????

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I bought my 10th and final Lunchbox 🤦

Last one.....

Is that until the next one??

Looks like I’ve got some catching up to do as I’ve never owned one 😉

• Like 1

I broke the rule I had set myself for a monthly budget for parts for my Rough Rider restoration. Thought I could make the project last by limiting to £30ish per month. The chassis arrived for ebay on Saturday, I have dismantled, cleaned and reassembled and have spent £160 on parts so far!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Is that until the next one??

Looks like I’ve got some catching up to do as I’ve never owned one 😉

You can get the same handling and general feeling of utter chaos by simply sticking a modified 14T motor and 8.4v in your Blackfoot.... :lol:

Trust me, my super Blackfoot wheelies every time I floor the throttle, drags it's bum along the ground for 30 feet and then crashes spectacularly at 30mph.....:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Put my m-05 back together, In the progress I put some more hopups on it carbon fiber shock towers, alloy front knuckles changed the servo, there was a real slow servo in it that I use now as a shifter servo for my MAN truck ,and put a faster servo in the m-05.

50901329712_d29f601117_k.jpg

50901329682_87d4fe770b_k.jpg

• Like 3

Dismantled the Kei truck ready for painting

3A928CA0-8261-464D-906E-EBB8F368C9C8.jpeg.624c1eaa95863a3ca840c61bd16590b9.jpeg

Also did a bit of suspension work on the Jeep. Bought some different shocks but when I got them I realised I’d mismeasured the originals so they were too short. So I bought some extensions off eBay and cut to fit. One issue with these trucks is they need a driver to look realistic but as they are softly sprung it leans on the driver’s side so I’m going to try some extra preload on that side2D5FD0FE-A99D-4E1D-9108-AD538FC91BD2.jpeg.54c7d56a4b01d965090dccb96044de95.jpeg

• Like 4

Inspired by the postal racing thread I decided to arrange a post race myself, pitting Tamico, Rcmart and Modellbau Seidl against each other to see who has lands the package at my door the fastest. Sadly it appears Modelbau Seidl won’t ship to Norway, so the field is down to RcMart and Tamico. 

Might have done a slight no no and added another Vqs kit to the order from Tamico, but I’ve done bigger errors in the past. 

• Haha 4

Hello Tamiya club! 

I had a break from all things rc for a little while whilst life got in the way, new home, new job etc.... Heaps of stuff that meant the rc collection was banished to the loft for what seemed like an eternity. My partners son asked for an rc car for Christmas so that restarted my love for them and I have been making up for lost time since!!! I restarted old projects, started new projects and even bought a few new kits! 

I've always loved beetles, now however it's turned into an obsession! Four bug projects on the go, a DT01, TL01B, CC01 and Grasshopper all with beetle bodies waiting for fresh paint, I'm collecting a monster beetle on Sunday and an M06 beetle ordered from Fusion this evening!!! 

It's good to be back! 

IMG_20210201_221751.jpg

IMG_20210130_135319.jpg

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Hello Tamiya club! 

I had a break from all things rc for a little while whilst life got in the way, new home, new job etc.... Heaps of stuff that meant the rc collection was banished to the loft for what seemed like an eternity. My partners son asked for an rc car for Christmas so that restarted my love for them and I have been making up for lost time since!!! I restarted old projects, started new projects and even bought a few new kits! 

I've always loved beetles, now however it's turned into an obsession! Four bug projects on the go, a DT01, TL01B, CC01 and Grasshopper all with beetle bodies waiting for fresh paint, I'm collecting a monster beetle on Sunday and an M06 beetle ordered from Fusion this evening!!! 

It's good to be back! 

IMG_20210201_221751.jpg

IMG_20210130_135319.jpg

Good to see you about again👍😉

• Like 2

So, some more boating is definitely on the agenda now, I picked up FOUR new boats on Sunday at the RC boat club.

Proboat UL19, Proboat Sprint Jet 23", Traxxas M41 and Proboat Valvyrn. This is the current fleet, but I doubt I'll keep all 4 additions...

• I really don't like the look of the Valvyrn, but it was a package deal. The motor is tiny, it looks toy grade and the canopy is a PITA to use,
  • The Traxxas M41 is quite intriguing - I thought it was just a Spartan in a different hull, but there's some interesting changes to the layout inside the hull, too. If it's noticeably more stable than the Spartans, well, one of the Spartans may just be kept as a spare hull,
  • The Sprint Jet looks incredible, and it's a completely different style of boat - I've wanted one of these for a long time, and it's self-righting, too, and
  • The UL19 - this has been something I've always loved the look of but never really considered actually buying. I think I'm most excited about this one.

IMG_20210201_211106_361.jpg.533c38e7e86ca1ceaffd169139b8b7c5.jpg

Also, the sailboat has a Kyosho receiver coming for it (from the USA) so I can use the radio from my Kyosho Trail King for it (I'm the only person at the club running a sailboat with a non-stick transmitter!).

Both the Spartans (the yellow and green boats) are currently without ESCs after some recent casualties so they're on their way from HK.

If anyone on here appreciates the name of the sailboat (on the bow) you have excellent taste in movies. B)

• Like 5

I have 20 cars in my collection.  But.. 20 radios?  Nah..  Up until this week, I've used 4 radios.  None of the high-end models at all.  3 Tamiya 2.4 radios and one Kyosho Ready-Set one..  which admittedly I like a lot.  I put velcro on the receivers and just switched the receivers from car to car when I wanted to run them..  but it was a hassle to center the steering servo, adjust endpoints etc.  So finally I got these two radios and 20 receivers.  I programmed all my cars and can run them at will now without fiddling with settings.  Yay!

1612270114569.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, pastimesteve said:

So glad to see you back @i_am_scarecrow! Is the last photo of your CC01 Bug or is that the Grasshopper chassis? Looks like he CC01? How does it run?

Thank you!

It is indeed the CC01 bug, it came on Saturday so it's only had a few laps of the kitchen so far, seems very smooth. Not sure if I'll use it as a crawler or keep the wheels and tyres that it has already, I really like the stance so chances are aside from some new paint it will stay pretty much as is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

So, some more boating is definitely on the agenda now, I picked up FOUR new boats on Sunday at the RC boat club.

Proboat UL19, Proboat Sprint Jet 23", Traxxas M41 and Proboat Valvyrn. This is the current fleet, but I doubt I'll keep all 4 additions...

• I really don't like the look of the Valvyrn, but it was a package deal. The motor is tiny, it looks toy grade and the canopy is a PITA to use,
  • The Traxxas M41 is quite intriguing - I thought it was just a Spartan in a different hull, but there's some interesting changes to the layout inside the hull, too. If it's noticeably more stable than the Spartans, well, one of the Spartans may just be kept as a spare hull,
  • The Sprint Jet looks incredible, and it's a completely different style of boat - I've wanted one of these for a long time, and it's self-righting, too, and
  • The UL19 - this has been something I've always loved the look of but never really considered actually buying. I think I'm most excited about this one.

IMG_20210201_211106_361.jpg.533c38e7e86ca1ceaffd169139b8b7c5.jpg

Also, the sailboat has a Kyosho receiver coming for it (from the USA) so I can use the radio from my Kyosho Trail King for it (I'm the only person at the club running a sailboat with a non-stick transmitter!).

Both the Spartans (the yellow and green boats) are currently without ESCs after some recent casualties so they're on their way from HK.

If anyone on here appreciates the name of the sailboat (on the bow) you have excellent taste in movies. B)

Be interested to hear what you think about the pro boat 23 . It’s on my wish list for 2021😷

While waiting on some parts I am short of what to do with RC cars, decide for some maintenance. Took apart all ball bearing of the F103 and cleaned.

bOql1EM.jpg
qPQcx9U.jpg

Once rhe blue motor mount is in stock at Tamico I might swap it out instead the Purple mount.

FPWCga1.jpg

very happy with this spur

SnvLWJG.jpg

Cleaned up the monster beetle last night, it was kinda dustyScreenshot_20210203_094847.thumb.jpg.81e9e9c723f19d1215a193bffe2948a6.jpg

Screenshot_20210202_221603.thumb.jpg.0665e72aed90ffae9baa2e0b9659b2d3.jpg

• Like 5

@i_am_scarecrow good to see you back on TC. Didn’t you have a car display in your loft? Was that in the old house?

Hope you get your cars back up on display, would be great to see them again.

And your new big infestation!

• Like 1

Decided I will paint my Fabia WRC I have in white, but first remove the silver paint.... yeaaahh not worth it. A new one is 15$.

I decided to back off the silver paint that has fallen off after all the beating it has got.

I hope I can post positive results on this one in an hour or two.

0ahXBKS.jpg

kNxrGr8.jpg

NZmwQlM.jpg

• Like 1

@Fabia130vRS Those Finish flags behind Toni actually looks more like Norwegian flags :), My next kit will we a Rally car, probably Subaru Impreza with Petter Solberg ;).

Fun Petter Solber Facts:

Solbergs bilsportkarriere startet med radiostyrte biler, og han vant Tamiya Open som tidlig tenåring.

Soberg Rally Cariere started with RC cars and he Won Tamiya Open as a early teenager ... 

• Like 1