Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally got the masking done on my Evo X body. For some reason it was an agro PIA compared to the Subbie Nuremberg. 

20210211_181438.jpg

• Like 3

Finished getting this Corally SBX-410 together. Interesting build. Had fun finding the Louise tires here in USA. 5200kv trackstar. A few little things to button up. 

image.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Finnsllc said:

Finished getting this Corally SBX-410 together. Interesting build. Had fun finding the Louise tires here in USA. 5200kv trackstar. A few little things to button up. 

image.jpg

Very nice, I like forward cab design personally.

Looking forward to seeing it finished 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got out some old Milliput and got to work on a driver figure.

Got some sanding to do once it hardens. If it hardens!

CE0D889D-9AA3-484D-8684-6B4AE69203B7.jpg

I've rotated his hands so he grips the wheel a little more naturally (I think) and added some body mass (not shown) so he sits flat on a styrene interior.

• Like 4

Started building these for the TT02 this week, and finally got a couple of dampers built last night.

Wasted a whole lot of time sanding the parts off the sprue before realising most of them are seperate pieces in bags 🤦🏼‍♂️

DSC_0079.JPG

• Like 3

Built and Fitted the metal axle upgrade in my Kei truck. Put it all together and guess what? I built it back to front. Back to the building board

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Have been pondering the cupboard of doom since last time I was at the cabin and tried to organise it. The tackle boxes work for a lot of stuff, but not part trees, and packets such as the avante torque splitter, shock  towers etc. With this in mind I brought some of the gazillion Bygglek boxes I've got at home when it was time to leave for the cabin this weekend. The largest are a nice fit for the part trees, and the smaller ones are almost tailor made for things like the Avante racing steering set, MIP Monster Beetle diff and so on. So from now on it might be possible for me to navigate the cupboard and finding what I'm looking for without having to toss it all over the floor while shouting swear words. 

I've also pulled out the Vajra, decided to give up on the Nissan Titan shell, ordered a TBG King Cab shell and some decals from MCI. The wheels and tyres still annoys the living daylight out of me so need to find some alternatives to the ones I've got. 

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

• Like 2

Wanted to take the Blitzer Beetle for a spin in the snow. But it was way too powdery, so Blitzer got stuck after 2 meters even with sand paddles. So I decided to give the Bullhead a go, but it also struggled and got stuck a few times so I stopped it. But at least I've got some nice picturese of it in the snow.

IMG20210213155737_compress77.thumb.jpg.37d9461fb770cac77b3bd04ced94a990.jpg

IMG20210213155727_compress8.thumb.jpg.aa6685d65387491ef85b246e77fd111b.jpg

• Like 8

We took the CC01 trail truck for a wintery walk in the forest. Not much snow left here but plenty of ice.🧊🧊

F0135EB6-C09F-47C9-B79A-BC8EED5AF121.jpeg

291F7B36-235D-40AC-AD82-A1EA16DCC80C.jpeg

• Like 11

You know that expression "beat within an inch of its life"...

20210212-180319.jpg

This was the last straw yesterday. Time for some workbench love!

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

55 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Agrios on ICE

548DB904-501A-460A-8B1C-2FE33E938B31.jpeg

My son and I watched Matteo’s ‘Burnin’ Sand’ Agrios video last night, I’ll show him this pic later. I’m planting the seed for our forthcoming Agrios build...

...in the meantime, I’ve been sanding the driver figure I modded yesterday.

I also attempted the front arches on my Mini shell with my circle cutter but the lexan on the knock-off body was too thick. I resorted to curved lexan scissors and now they need some tidying up. 

So unpretty that I’m not sharing photos but that was the pint of my ‘development hack’! I’m not going to attempt the rear arches until I have finished the interior plate and got the body position sorted.

• Like 1

Took the little guy for his first trip to the buggy track. 

Folks there were welcoming and tolerant of newbie mistakes.

He had a blast.

• Like 3

Replaced my snapped chassis and modified a DF03 wing to fit my Neo Fighter DT03. Besides the wing and chassis it's been over a year of problem free running. This was also my first RC kit so I might be biased when I say it's one of my favorites. 

20210213_131213.jpg

20210213_131223.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks to a careless coworker that didn't respect the safety measures, I had to ditch the weekend plans to go get tested for Covid. I saw on the map that the testing facility I was going to has a park beside, so I brought a buggy along in the hope of getting some post-tampon RC time. And I did! The park proved to be quite a good spot for some winter running, I didn't last too long as it's really freezing lately, but it was fun to run the car somewhere new for a change, and it gave a much better purpose to my outing.

Screenshot-20210213-173611-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210213-173716-Video-Player.

20210213-150135-1.gif

Screenshot-20210213-173302-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210213-173034-Video-Player.

• Like 10

Picked up a bunch of paints in preperation for a marthon week/weekend of body prep and painting (5 bodies) ... only to yet again be disappointed in that both black and white are still OOS and not due back in, until mid next month :( So it may end up being a week/weekend of ALL prep and NO paint, or at least not full body paint, may use this extra time to perfrom some test colors and combinations.

Went racing today, onroad this time. The FF04 had its first outing and went well but I was off the pace. The car was noticably slower with a Surpass V5R compared to my TA07 with the new spec motor, R1 Werks V16. I expected the Surpass to be faster. Took a hard hit and rhe battery came out, need to sort that out before racing again.

The TRF102 was flawless as usual. A clear second for me and i have some headroom on the gearing since swapping motor. Went up 2 pinion sizes and still came off at 40deg. The TA07 ran well, had some bad luck in the 1st quali and 2nd wasn't much better. A clear 2nd in the b main, thats not bad of 20 cars and first meet of the season.

My son broke an Ae B6D rear shock tower too, who knows, i guess being 7 means you can do anything. He did ok in the TT02 class too.

Yesterday did a lot of soldering to swap ESC and motors around. A new spec motor for 21.5T touring meant the old spec motor into the F1. 

The neighbours kids are really into rc atm and have been over a lot lately. I've had to order TT02B parts to get the other one going and swap a few ESC around as i want to encourage this.

• Like 5

Sprayed a Metallic silver base coat on the Knight Hauler yesterday, posted today as TC seemed to be broken all day?

Anyhow the Montana Spray is nice stuff to use. A lovely finish straight out the can, very smooth, no orange peel at all. The paint is nice and thin much like Tamiya paint, so much so it took a build up of 4 coats as the grain of the plastic (the sort of swirly injection pattern) was ghosting through. All good now though. Just got to decide on the finished paint job now, not that I can do much for another week. I wasn't going to go Box art but the Montana Metallic Black is very nice 🤔

55F51854-3A71-4035-BF7D-66ABFB4A9CB6.jpg

• Like 10

So I'm lucky enough that within 5 kms there's plenty of solo RC activities to keep me entertained and socially distanced.

This was yesterday:

Saturday.thumb.jpg.e7bc786819e07c660fbb54fd26525887.jpg

......and this is today (so far - I'm planning on running either the Summit and/or the Kyosho Mini-Z after dinner):

Sunday.jpg.4513601178c4b2647dc1f1bccf7d86f9.jpg

I've set myself a challenge to see how many different RCs I can drive this week.

• Like 11

I continued sanding my driver figure.

My son has rediscovered his Dickie Lightning McQueen so we have some RC activity indoors!

• Like 2

So many good threads to catch up on 👍

However,  it is Valentines and we are going to do some packing today, so TC will be a treat for later 😊

• Like 1

Wife/Kids are driving Top-Force in the sun while i take pictures, right now they are off into the woods but nimh battery is drained now either way :).

Happy Valentines day all ;)

981B5AAC-28F7-46CC-B9D4-79D49F4351D0.jpeg

• Like 7