Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Swapped the flimsy CChand sliders for Wertymade sliders.  This rigs been sitting, never driven, in the closet for a year due to Covid.  
440D642B-B10D-42C9-82EC-7BAFB9939AC6.jpeg

• Like 2

r7.thumb.jpg.5b8e469f3360ca53b584d8bfa3278ff8.jpgr4.thumb.jpg.48b64e3c366b00d156517a0ebfd56f9c.jpgr5.thumb.jpg.f9faa4235e68c6376acada61f473c0df.jpgr1.thumb.jpg.ab050d9acd84e257fdc297b2260981f1.jpg

Finished building the Fat Fox.  Now I have two cars to run on race day.  The truck itself was an enjoyable build and probably the most enjoyable Tamiya build I have had in a while.  The body...not so much.  This thing comes with THREE sticker sheets and has the most stickers of any RC car I have built.  What you see is about 75% of the total amount of stickers.  I just got burnt out of putting them on and stopped.

• Like 8

i did a bit of online shopping, ordered aluminum wheel hex for the Slash 2wd and TD 12mmx5mm wheel hex to run more modern tires. from RCmart i went for 500-700 CST Tamiya shock oil pack, 12 green rubber caps for shocks and 20x red oring shocks. my hopup aluminum shocks on TT02 came with teflon ones and i didnt have red orings on me... 

• Like 4

Ist bit of Tamiya for feels like a while, but not really...just relisted my Honda City Turbo for sale on eBay with better pictures and a revised price.

Just missed selling it by £5 last time round :rolleyes: !

Intense workload and packing for our house move along with several other spinning plates take priority right now, not complaining but definitely looking forward to less pressure and dramas asap!

• Like 2

Well bought a water proof (don't know why I picked a waterproof one) servo for my cat which I butchered the electrics out of it to put in my tomahawk build over xmas now that's back to running order although nothing is running in reality at the moment😕 BUT more importantly I've took the plunge and put an order in for the 2021 topforce evo with a heavy deposit so when it arrives it makes the cost of it a bit more easy to except......that's my theory anyway? So my original one will soon have it's new brother sitting next to it! So now I just sit and wait

20210220_134808.jpg

images.jpeg-1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, moffman said:

Well bought a water proof (don't know why I picked a waterproof one) servo for my cat which I butchered the electrics out of it to put in my tomahawk build over xmas now that's back to running order although nothing is running in reality at the moment😕 BUT more importantly I've took the plunge and put an order in for the 2021 topforce evo with a heavy deposit so when it arrives it makes the cost of it a bit more easy to except......that's my theory anyway? So my original one will soon have it's new brother sitting next to it!

20210220_134808.jpg

That’s such a good angle for a stunning looking piece of machinery! Nice tactic of going hard in on the deposit to soften the blow when it arrives! 

• Like 1

Am I able to **** up even the easiest of tasks? You bet! Have built and rebuilt a couple of times before I realised I’d used the wrong bearings which in turn made it impossible to fit the cover on the diffs or what they’re called. Good thing removing e-rings are my favourite activity in the whole world! 

In other words, my TXT2 build is going just as expected, if not completely as planned  

E008394E-1EC7-4023-80B2-A6E714D8C2D4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

A Solder job again today, first i changed the very last Tamiya-plug on a 5000mah nimh then i shortened the cables on 2 Hobywing 30*30 fans that will cool down the 540 motors in the summertime when using 3s Lipo (that extra power did really wake it up so to be honest nimh id not giving enough juice for Agrios), using max fwd 75% though as 100% would be to much for 540 motors i believe). I am waiting for covers for the fans. Also Agrios sound like a Drone now so i will look for a Fan control (anyone have a suggestion?), they are all connected to 1 three way y-cable. I will do a better job covering up the cables later:spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

That’s such a good angle for a stunning looking piece of machinery! Nice tactic of going hard in on the deposit to soften the blow when it arrives! 

Yeah I'm quite looking forward to it! The guy at my newly opened local hobby shop told me the orders for the evo at the hobby company (that's who the distributor is in the uk) has been the most popular re-release to date even beaten the sand scorcher back in 2008 which was the most successful one up until now? 

• Like 1

More Top Force updates today, have gone to a 10.5T motor from a 7.5T as it was a bit too fast for it. Running geared diffs now, however used the re-re kit diffs with the 7.5T a couple of years ago and it held up fine with some loctite on the splines.   

Fitted some Tamiya Carbon Shock Tower spacers as more support for the towers and more Tamiya blue on the car. I also replaced the Yeah racing metal motor mount with a proper Tamiya version. This fits better as it’s angled to match the gear box casing. I just need the weather to dry up a bit to use it...

E900EC55-557B-4B7F-9471-3A69A88BE6D8.jpeg

• Like 3

My 2.2” “Egress 89” wheels and tyres arrived today from JC Racing Products. I’m really impressed with the quality, especially when you compare the price against the Tamiya lightweight racing wheel set.

A quick dunk in the RIT dye and they’re on my Avante. (Possiblly a bit too long in the dye maybe).🧐

2712E6DB-D4F7-4F6C-86E2-00239C136525.jpeg

C1AC4246-BDF3-4B4F-A9D4-C11FED86538B.jpeg

• Like 10

Tidying Up Therapy today, turning 9 tubs of chaos into this

spacer.png

spacer.png

Feeling deeply Zen :)

• Like 11

Went to the park with my new track marker cones with the intention of doing some Racing By Post. Those tracks are tight! I took my Thunder Dragon and Ultra G and the track was pretty hard to drive being so small. Also, wet grass and mini spike fronts meant a lot of sliding and oversteer on regular mini spike rears. Was fun to try and get it right, but my lap counter app wouldn't work so i gave up and marked out a much bigger track that was way more fun to drive. I had some of the most fun driving in ages actually having a track to drive, rather than just blasting about in the park. So, whilst i won't be doing the racing by post, i can highly recommend buying some little soccer marker cones. Best thing i have bought for rc for ages! 

20210220_163918

• Like 9

3 hours ago, simalarion said:

A Solder job again today, first i changed the very last Tamiya-plug on a 5000mah nimh then i shortened the cables on 2 Hobywing 30*30 fans that will cool down the 540 motors in the summertime when using 3s Lipo (that extra power did really wake it up so to be honest nimh id not giving enough juice for Agrios), using max fwd 75% though as 100% would be to much for 540 motors i believe). I am waiting for covers for the fans. Also Agrios sound like a Drone now so i will look for a Fan control (anyone have a suggestion?), they are all connected to 1 three way y-cable. I will do a better job covering up the cables later:spacer.png

It's the second time I've seen velcro cable tidies, such a smart idea and saves on the zip ties, did you get them anywhere in particular or just using regular shop stuff?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Am I able to **** up even the easiest of tasks? You bet! Have built and rebuilt a couple of times before I realised I’d used the wrong bearings which in turn made it impossible to fit the cover on the diffs or what they’re called. Good thing removing e-rings are my favourite activity in the whole world! 

In other words, my TXT2 build is going just as expected, if not completely as planned  

E008394E-1EC7-4023-80B2-A6E714D8C2D4.jpeg

TXT2 nice👍 looking forward to seeing the finished model? I built a cr-01 a few years ago and it took me an age to build because I was constantly making stupid mistakes🤪 so now I always read the instruction manual and then read them again

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah I'm quite looking forward to it! The guy at my newly opened local hobby shop told me the orders for the evo at the hobby company (that's who the distributor is in the uk) has been the most popular re-release to date even beaten the sand scorcher back in 2008 which was the most successful one up until now? 

Oh, wow! Must admit I didn’t see that coming, thought for sure that the Scorcher, Avante or Egress would’ve been the most popular. Hope this serves as motivation for Tamiya to bring out more of the heavy hitters sooner rather than later. Avante 2001 would make an excellent fall 2021 release. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moffman said:

TXT2 nice👍 looking forward to seeing the finished model? I built a cr-01 a few years ago and it took me an age to build because I was constantly making stupid mistakes🤪 so now I always read the instruction manual and then read them again

With my skillset I’m not sure you’ve got much to look forward to 😄 
Building something that’s not a buggy raises a whole new set of challenges, that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nwc100 said:

It's the second time I've seen velcro cable tidies

I got them for free in every order form RC-Mart (through Ebay),  not sure if they send them any more, most off the time during Covid-19 their shipment prices to Norway has not ben in my favour so its a long time since i placed an order with them, its better again now i have seen. 

• Like 1

Had a bit of a productive day today. Got the arches and rear lights fitted to the chassis and the front bumper built up ready to fit. Weather permitting hopefully get the front arches and side skirts sprayed up ready to fit.

IMG_20210220_213902.jpg

IMG_20210220_213330.jpg

IMG_20210220_213301.jpg

• Like 6

As well as the Avante wheels, I painted the clodbuster body today. It’s a little bit too orange at the moment but I’m hoping the decals tame the colour a little.

24E97F5A-1826-4E34-9CB2-572873AC30D6.jpeg

• Like 6

i had to deal with a situation that was staring me in the face for a while, my lazy option to toss all my RC related stuff into my TT02 box wasnt gonna cut it anymore. a trip to Canadian tire, dollarama provided a solution. i got 1 plastic tool box new and got a good 2nd hand one from my dad that was hardly utilized, purchased 2 containers from dollar store and a small $4 fishing tackle box. i think things are slightly more organized now and i still got plenty of space left in the bigger tool box to toss in some tires and useful parts as a mobile tool kit. havent had to use the 2nd tool box yet but im sure i will find some RC related stuff to put in there eventually. there is a full gear metal steering servo in one of those boxes meant for the slash but its there until i go for a low CG tray or if the stock servo gives up the ghost.

i got my TRX aluminum caster blocks for the slash but will wait a day until the aluminum wheel hubs come in to install the stuff on the slash. so much for buying a slash to run asap as a RTR truck... im nearly done reinforcing the body shell and will be installing 3 hop up parts on it even before i charge up the battery and turn the truck/radio on. i blame RL and work for not giving me time to achieve some of these tasks. as for the pics the only new things are the 2 clear bins, fishing tackle box, 1 tool box, 2 bottles of shoe goo, the caster blocks and the electric tape. electric tape is infuriating IMO you know you have some somewhere but cant find it for the sake of your life that you need to buy more to be able to find some when in need.

IMG_4278a.jpg

IMG_4279.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

With my skillset I’m not sure you’ve got much to look forward to 😄 
Building something that’s not a buggy raises a whole new set of challenges, that’s for sure. 

Nah I'm sure its going to be superb! And like the old trusted saying goes "you learn by your mistakes"

• Like 2

Worked on “ghetto-fying” the Thunder Dragon I bought a couple years ago where the body clips attach. New chassis, gearboxes, bearings, and gave it a good cleaning. The body is a wreck as you can see. Since the front of it is broken/cut off, I’ll have to find a way to attach it.  

h74ePUF.jpg

These came from RCMart:

ZW7r3Yu.jpg

• Like 4