Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I haven’t physically done anything today but my attention started to drift.

I’ve been working on the M03 Mini recently, got a plan and made some inroads into interior, driver and trimming the body. In hinsight, probably should have finished the interior plate before starting on the driver but it was fun!

Since my son asked about the unfinished trail rig in the garage at the weekend, I’m in a quandary.

Does the JK remain parked in the garage or do I park the Mini and finish the JK?

I’m torn! 

I’d say finish the JK 1st for quality time with your son and then the Mini is for quality you time. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Worked my way up to the much dreaded part of the TXT2 build where I have to figure out the four wheel steering shenanigans. 

C5A8A8B4-F093-476C-88A1-11C53DF1228C.jpeg

It isnvery simple, do you have a y cable? 

33 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I’d say finish the JK 1st for quality time with your son and then the Mini is for quality you time. 

Good shout. I can’t tell which he wants to see first - the Jeep running or the winch working!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

It does seem that there are two camps in ebay - one that thinks it is ok to ask stupidly high prices for things and those that think that you are doing them the favour by buying your items, so you should basically give them away.

To give a little anecdote: I was selling a part which was only £14, and considering there were others for almost twice that price for sale I thought it was very reasonable. I had this one guy offer me £10 including postage (I was charging £2 I think) to which I politely replied, no, it's a fair price as it is.

A week later he came back saying that as it had been up for sale for a while will I now accept his offer. I politely replied no, but thanks.

So he replied with "ok fair enough. Relist it for £11 inc P&P and I'll take it now, thanks"

:huh:

So about your Super Astute. I'll take it off you for £50 if you throw in the Top Force too. Sound fair? ;) 

Let me think about that🤔.......will my topforce evo do?.

I found an old scalextric set in my parents loft a few years  ago it had been up there for absolutely decades and it was in brilliant condition fully complete (2 Porsche 911 ) I put it on Ebay and someone offered me £15 if I delivered it to his house 30 miles away! I ignored the offer then he emailed me to basically tell me he was doing me a favour! (I can't say on this forum what I wanted to say to him!)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

In semi-related news I just gave a low offer on a nib Avante Black Special (via the make offer button just to clarify that.) To my surprise the chap accepted, so I guess I'll get to find out the differences, if any, between the first and second run.

Excellent well done👍 My avante black special is the second batch! I know the product code is different and I got black egress wheels as the bonus item but it didn't say anything on the box about a bonus item? Are you going to build it? I would happily just have avante's in my collection that's how much I'm fond of them! With an egress of course!

20200706_203449.jpg

• Like 3

There just might be a silver lining on my aluminum caster blocks, the pins are good but the caster threads  aren't. I tried my m3 x0.5 tap tool on the pins and they work perfect. I'm going to try re tap the caster tomorow and test it out. I will need the blue loctite anyway for both pins. I think I didn't line up the pins exiting the bearing carrier properly.

I got my slash suspension pin set today. Its the full set for the slash suspension. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

It isnvery simple, do you have a y cable? 

Yup, y-cable and servo extension leads, so I should be set. It's probably an irrational fear -but I feel destined to mess it up. Though finding the explanation for how to do it in the back of the instruction manual did help my confidence :) 

9 hours ago, moffman said:

Excellent well done👍 My avante black special is the second batch! I know the product code is different and I got black egress wheels as the bonus item but it didn't say anything on the box about a bonus item? Are you going to build it? I would happily just have avante's in my collection that's how much I'm fond of them! With an egress of course!

20200706_203449.jpg

What an absolute drool fest of a trio those buggys are! :D 

Yes, I'm probably going to find there's no real difference and it's my curiosity getting me into trouble again :) I intend to build every kit I buy, I'm just moving with the speed of tectonic plates at the moment. After the TXT2 a Super Astute re re is next in line, then it might be time for an Avante. 

Let's see... I swapped out the tble 02s speed control my "sweet 16" blackfoot came with for a quicrun 1060, swapped out the stock tamiya motor for a 12t titan, popped in a 7 cell hump pack and....

Screenshot_20210223-234658~2.png

Amazingly the stock diff has held together so far...

Next is a 3s battery...

We'll revisit that diff afterwards...:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

What an absolute drool fest of a trio those buggys are! :D 

Yes, I'm probably going to find there's no real difference and it's my curiosity getting me into trouble again :) I intend to build every kit I buy, I'm just moving with the speed of tectonic plates at the moment. After the TXT2 a Super Astute re re is next in line, then it might be time for an Avante. 

It doesn't matter how slow the builds are! Infact the slower the better! I'm on the same page as you I wouldn't by a kit if I wasn't going to build it I tried the keeping the mint in box thing with my metallic blitzer beetle but I just kept on looking at it thinking I want to build it and temptation took over and it got built........why keep a box of bits? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, moffman said:

It doesn't matter how slow the builds are! Infact the slower the better! I'm on the same page as you I wouldn't by a kit if I wasn't going to build it I tried the keeping the mint in box thing with my metallic blitzer beetle but I just kept on looking at it thinking I want to build it and temptation took over and it got built........why keep a box of bits? 

Precisely! The only kit I don't think I'll build is the original NIB Super Astute, since it's been re released -might as well stick with a re re for the build. Apart from that I don't think I could've denied myself the pleasure I get from building a kit. I had three NIB Terra Conquerors and building one of them was just so amazing with the blister packs and all. Tamiya certainly knew how to present a kit back in the day! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, moffman said:

Let me think about that🤔.......will my topforce evo do?.

I found an old scalextric set in my parents loft a few years  ago it had been up there for absolutely decades and it was in brilliant condition fully complete (2 Porsche 911 ) I put it on Ebay and someone offered me £15 if I delivered it to his house 30 miles away! I ignored the offer then he emailed me to basically tell me he was doing me a favour! (I can't say on this forum what I wanted to say to him!)

Sold to me - send me your paypal details ;) 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Worked my way up to the much dreaded part of the TXT2 build where I have to figure out the four wheel steering shenanigans. 

Manual is not very clear on this but the rear setup is actually on page 21. When following the manual its not even a note or reminder off this on page 17, it was a bit confusing for me

• Like 1

Started re-building my RC shelves and re-organizing all of my stuff after moving to a new home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

Manual is not very clear on this but the rear setup is actually on page 21. When following the manual its not even a note or reminder off this on page 17, it was a bit confusing for me

That is true, the only issue i had adding rear steering was I couldn’t fit my heavy duty rods and had to use the crappy stock ones.

5 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Yup, y-cable and servo extension leads, so I should be set. It's probably an irrational fear -but I feel destined to mess it up. Though finding the explanation for how to do it in the back of the instruction manual did help my confidence :) 

Yes it is very simple, just wish i could fit ky heavy duty rods 

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

Yeah, as luck would have it I stumbled across that, so now I'm thinking it's doable :) 

2 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Yes it is very simple, just wish i could fit ky heavy duty rods 

Does the stock ones flex? 

30 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Does the stock ones flex? 

Before i went with the heavy duty rods and only 2ws the stock rods did bend but i was able to bend them back until i changed to the heavy duty but i am sure after more use they wouldn't last. 

• Like 1

I run the Rock rey on the beach, after 5 months not using it I almost forget how much I like this car.

And did some carpark bashing with my tamiya m-05

I am happy that after months of rain and cold and snow, now finally it is nice dry weather so now I can drive my cars a lot more

50973349102_5dbc973d41_k.jpg

50976628747_e53a63bd74_k.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dannymulder said:

I run the Rock rey on the beach, after 5 months not using it I almost forget how much I like this car.

And did some carpark bashing with my tamiya m-05

I am happy that after months of rain and cold and snow, now finally it is nice dry weather so now I can drive my cars a lot more

50973349102_5dbc973d41_k.jpg

50976628747_e53a63bd74_k.jpg

I realised today I haven’t driven a Tamiya since last August 🤦

• Sad 2