Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

I realised today I haven’t driven a Tamiya since last August 🤦

Come here : 

• Like 2

Well the Evo is finally done but I'm not super happy with it. The decals were super PIA for some reason. Had a grip of paint errors too. 

20210224_172149.jpg

• Like 6

I re tapped the threads on my left side caster on the slash, the threads fit perfectly and I will try to attempt an installation Thursday when the sun is out. The caster block doesn't look perfect  but there are a few scratched areas. Its not ideal but it does serve as a warning for me to pay more attention. there are some areas where it shows i put the part in a vice to hold it even though i put some rags to minimize marks. i hope i dont knacker up the caster install.

IMG_4289.JPG

IMG_4288.JPG

I finished the None More Black BF body last week. Some of you might have seen the pix. This week I painted some Brat wheels to go with it. And today I received stainless hex bolts...

HBchj81.jpg

gdslvfU.jpg

X6wI4Pj.jpg

And I also went to a local Comics Store. “I want an action figure. About 6” tall. Must fully articulate. And be human.”

The kid behind the counter said, “Oh you need to check out the vintage toy store next door.”

$5 later...

iuxoByg.jpg

Now I’m designing a plate to mount in place of the usual BF driver figure that will let this guy wonder how much more black could this be...

Terry

ETA, here is the None More Black on the BarbieFoot chassis.  “It’s HUGE!!!”

Barbie was not impressed...

ET2dR3L.jpg

• Like 8

Not much, struggling with work load but packed up the Honda last night ready to send out to its new owner. 

Enjoying all the TC threads and input from new members as well as regulars. 

• Like 2

my RTR Hawaiian 2wd slash is almost ready to run now :)  did a few out of box upgrades to it aluminum caster blocks + wheel hexes, RPM front bearing carriers and i put some shoe goo/fiber tape on the underside of the shell to make it more durable. im fairly certain now that i didnt line up the pin on the exit hole on the left caster and stripped the caster block threads. a few tests with M3 x0.5 tap tool confirmed a low cost repair. that repair and extra attention to details when installing the parts worked well. i did have a WTH moment after installing the right tire back on. i guess the front tire setup has a decent toe out alignment but the first time i installed the right front tire it looked like i had a horribly loose worn out front wheel bearing from the angle of the wheel compared to the other front tire. i loosened the 2 screws with nylon lock nuts an 1/8th of a turn and it seemed to do the trick. i just need to find the me-time alone to charge the battery where i can keep an eye on it after i do all the RL daily shopping on my list today. tomorrow hopefully the park behind my old house/parents place will have good road conditions to finally enjoy the truck. dont mind the pic with the kleenex box, it has a 90 degree angle i was using to verify the wheel alignment/angles.

i also went and glued the front edge of my TT02 drift tires mounted on the purple 5 spoke aluminum rims. i dont know if i got another set yet to glue as its 5 sets total and i sort of did most of them and left he others for later on but it think i got all of them done.

IMG_4294a.jpg

IMG_4298a.jpg

IMG_4299a.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Willsls1 said:

Well the Evo is finally done but I'm not super happy with it. The decals were super PIA for some reason. Had a grip of paint errors too. 

20210224_172149.jpg

Is this the killer bod mitsubishi?

I think it looks very good, but just you need rims with not so much offset

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

I finished the None More Black BF body last week. Some of you might have seen the pix. This week I painted some Brat wheels to go with it. And today I received stainless hex bolts...

HBchj81.jpg

gdslvfU.jpg

X6wI4Pj.jpg

And I also went to a local Comics Store. “I want an action figure. About 6” tall. Must fully articulate. And be human.”

The kid behind the counter said, “Oh you need to check out the vintage toy store next door.”

$5 later...

iuxoByg.jpg

Now I’m designing a plate to mount in place of the usual BF driver figure that will let this guy wonder how much more black could this be...

Terry

ETA, here is the None More Black on the BarbieFoot chassis.  “It’s HUGE!!!”

Barbie was not impressed...

ET2dR3L.jpg

That is just darn cool!!!!

Here's what I did today

And yes frog jumper, those are your wheels and rollbar :ph34r:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Is this the killer bod mitsubishi?

I think it looks very good, but just you need rims with not so much offset

Totally hear that bro. Didn't know they were +9 offset when I got them online lol. 

It's a Tamiya body. Took over a month to get it. 

• Like 2

Painted the Top Cat body. Not sure what to do the wing in. The top surface is where you paint so black may be best, unless I peel off the protective layer and mask the top to paint underneath... I may have just answered my own question.. 

signal-2021-02-25-163437

Not perfect but good enough for a runner. 

• Like 10

I finally had some RC time today, after a pretty bad week at work due to Covid related shenanigans.

It was just a stroll around the block, but it felt good and scrubbed off some nasty feelings.

20210226-185121.jpg

20210226-185154.jpg

20210226-185239.jpg

20210226-185042.jpg

• Like 6

i had a nice 50-60 minute long walk with my 2 electronic pets today, one being a Furret on a Pokewalker (a pedometer/step counter) and my pet slash. i think i got him fairly dirty though it was 90%snow and only a few puddles in the park. most of the run was at 1/4 to a third throttle but i did let it rip a few times on snow and pavement and even a few donuts on pavement and snow :) it was only -2C with minor wind in the park so it was a day where gloves weren't 100% necessary. had a nice walk and did 5500 steps, rolled the truck once and noticed that some snow depths just made it stuck a few times. in a sense it getting stuck in the snow was a perfect RC stand to turn on/off the truck/transmitter as it didnt have traction to escape. i didnt manage to run the battery down, i got it to 8.6v but i wasnt pushing it too hard.

i didnt take a camera with me and because flip phone i asked my father to to take a pic of the truck after my run, i think he forgot to send the pics to my email, oh well im just going to remind him tomorrow :s

because i like a certain Russian comedy YT channel, i left the room and slash body shell  alone for a few minutes and returned to this sight. Boris Slav'd the truck up for me... i dont even have Russia blood though Polish is in my background so its not a total misrepresentation... its just electrical tape and im pretty sure i forgot to remove the protective film on the shell though its fine as is. the sacrifice of the bags the parts trees the models are packaged in will be remember in the history books. it was the only thing i had where the tape adhered to for cutting and still made for easy removal/installation on the shell.

IMG_4305a.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

• Like 1

Had a few nights this week to do bits and bat's. Got the beasty more or less finished spray wise, just a couple of niggly touch up bits required the let it harden for a week or so before a good polish up. Got her put together for now then it's remaining decals, and I'm dreading doing the Griffin's on the sides then seeing what extra lighting I want adding in. Roof spot bar for definate and mebbes looking at sideskirt running lights. We'll have to see what funds allow. The Esc is a temporary fixture hopefully to be replaced by an MFU. I really only put it in for now till I set the 3 servos up properly and make sure she behaves as she should

IMG_20210227_092300.jpg

IMG_20210227_092215.jpg

IMG_20210227_092135.jpg

• Like 7

Today I learned that Jconcepts sell wheels in pairs, not a set of four. So yay me! for not bothering to read the description on the website properly before ordering. Another pair ordered, still waiting for MCI decals ordered at the start of january, so it’s not a catastrophic hold up. 

A80DD4FE-BE37-4404-9FAC-14C7C532D9D6.jpeg

@Robert5000 are they a direct fit to the Agrios? The package indicates they come with adapters. What tyres are you running?  I’m looking for non-stock inspiration, struck out on finding adapters for Clod wheels so far.

Yeah, something non stock was my goal as well. If I remember correctly I have to use one of the included adapters, though I lost a bit of steam when I realised I’d ordered 2, not 4, so haven’t tried them on yet. I’ll be using Clod tyres, @Badcrumble

Thanks @Robert5000. I think I'll start stock and move to Clod tyres later. Good to know those Tributes are probably the way to go for wheels.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks @Robert5000. I think I'll start stock and move to Clod tyres later. Good to know those Tributes are probably the way to go for wheels.

And Oh my Holy Macarony it will cost us, its the same price as a new decent kitspacer.png

• Confused 1