Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wow what a headache! i had news of my proline trenchers order from amazon a few days ago, the order wasnt shipped in a timely manner. the 2 tires sets were of low stock when i ordered them and a few days later they were out of stock. i tried to get a set of front and rear tires for the slash.

i sent a message to see if i got my order in on time and i got this reply

"Sorry for the late reply. No the order didn't go though in time to get the fronts but we can substitute 2 more of the 119021 sets or we can send you the new style with the adjustable inserts 1190-10 but they wont have the same wheel design. Let us know and we can get them out ASAP."

im sure there was a typo when the seller replied to me as the front axles need 119021 and the rears need 119022 of the proline trenchers. im presuming the order for the rear tires should be fine but it causes a headache for the front tires as the width is 1mm shorter??? if it was the other way around ie good front stock and no rear stock then a spacer to add that extra could work. 

the seller mentioned the Proline Trenchers 1190-10 which pretty much differ from the Proline Trenchers 119021 with different rim designs. im likely going to go with the 119-10 front and 119022 rear trenchers and **** the mismatched designs as the rubber compound of the tires is the more important aspect of it. a stroke of luck i just noticed is the 119022 tires were listed at $88CAD with shipping or something for a set when they were low stock. now it seems they will be back is stock MAR 8TH and they will only set me back a total of $57 with shipping. the stroke of luck is that since nothing was shipped yet they didnt charge my card at the time. now the rears are back in stock, the price has dropped down noticeably and its better on my wallet.

still this is a headache in the end... i just need to stop rereading their initial response. the syntax was confusing, im not sure how i would fit a 119021(or 119022 if they had typo) onto the rear with my current aluminum hexes without buying another set that would solve the issue... to heck with it, if the 1190-10 fit perfectly on my current 12mmx7mm  front wheel hexes then the rim designs can be mismatched... trying to figure this out on a tired brain isnt helping out my logic processing from being as efficient as they could be. why did they design the 2wd slash to have slightly different part numbers/specifications???  when it comes to the 119021 and 119022 tire part numbers?

incidentally, would these tires fit on a Thunder dragon? i have 12mmx5mm aluminum hexes i purchased for the 2021 TD and i was going to buy a set of modern tires for it when the spiked ones wear out. its either trenchers or badlands for the TD, i havent chosen with fork to go yet... im leaning to badlands as its 4x4 but i wont have a set that can handle pavement well. id have to decide if i designate the TD as "off-road only".

4 hours ago, nel33 said:

i have 12mmx5mm aluminum hexes i purchased for the 2021 TD and i was going to buy a set of modern tires for it when the spiked ones wear out. its either trenchers or badlands for the TD, 

If not mistaken trenchers and badlands are truck tires and those would not fit. You need buggy tires. The stock wheel is 2.0”and not 2.2” so if you want modern tires will need 2.2 buggy tires and 2.2 buggy wheels. Brands like jconcepts or schumacher make decent tires. Schumacher even has 2.0 tires if you want to keep the stock wheel. 

• Like 1

Did a second body for my Ultima Re Re some time ago.

I have since concluded that decals should be easy, but are in fact a right pain to get positioned. Not only that, but if they aren't positioned perfectly, it stands out like a sore thumb.

7 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

If not mistaken trenchers and badlands are truck tires and those would not fit. You need buggy tires. The stock wheel is 2.0”and not 2.2” so if you want modern tires will need 2.2 buggy tires and 2.2 buggy wheels. Brands like jconcepts or schumacher make decent tires. Schumacher even has 2.0 tires if you want to keep the stock wheel. 

Thank you very much, I wasn't sure which tire brand name to look at for buggies. I already have 12x5mm wheel hexes for the TD so I can go 2.0 or 2.2. As long as the tires have good grip on 4x4 conditions and can handle occasional pavement without getting scrapped in minutes it will do.

Just looked at Jconcepts and Schumacher tires for buggies, they don't seem to have any mid terrain tires or I just don't know which patterns will hold their thread. I guess I need to designate it for road conditions...

Coming along with my Super Sabre restoration. All I really need now is the plastic pin that holds the battery compartment closed (using a thick nail for that at the moment). Also need to detail the front tyres and I seem to have run out of driver figures 😫

Tamiya Super Sabre

• Like 9

Been flat chat with other things, so not getting much spare time but I’m calling my M05 (slash) Ver II done for the time being as a test run proved it’s a vast improvement to what it was, sadly not in time for the last Postal Racing round, not to worry there will be others I’m sure.

The bog stock M05 now has Ver II Chassis to take a Square battery pack, Yeah Racing Aluminium motor Mount, YR Carbon Shock Stays, YR Aluminium Steering Linkage, Tamiya Ver II  Reinforced Suspension arms & Stainless Steel Suspension Shafts, Super Mini CVA’s and a 3 Racing HiTorque Servo Saver as the Kit one wasn’t centring.

As the CVA’s were in fact a TT02 Pack of 4 they were 55mm eye to eye. Adding a spacer to the piston shaft has reduced that to 52ishmm. The Suspension arms are parallel with the ground at rest sitting under its own weight which is what I was after 👍🏻

The fan on the ESC is probably over kill but it’s been left on since it was transplanted from another car. The tyres are Stock still so I’ll probably try the Medium and Super Grips from the M08 to see how they go. 

A55D582C-560B-4BA7-A9A5-62C359E65D6F.jpg

Just need to get out for a good run with it now. It’s nice to know you can have fun with a silver can after all 😉

• Like 4

Today I put comical grasshopper wheels on my rising fighter. I think I might make my super G build a resto mod because I ended up buying new chassis, gears, shocks and trans cases.  Not that original... and follow the same principle of this rising fighter. 

20210303_233342.jpg

20210303_233258.jpg

20210303_233312.jpg

20210303_233239.jpg

• Like 12

6 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Marcus2116 That looks sooooo much better with comical wheels on it. Even the weird stock stance is mitigated. Top work. 

Thanks!  It does have the ampro shock relocation and trans brace. So that did lower the wierd stance too. 

• Like 1

Prepared and filled in a new shed / man cave base measuring 15 x 10.

In my head 14 x 9 will be for RC :lol:

EFA69-D5-D-5-B35-49-D5-9-E2-D-E320244-FC

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

A bit of paint clean up to do. Couldn’t resist doing the emblem to see if I was crazy to make the reliefs red. I like it. Need to play with the stickers to see what I will omit or use

image.jpg

• Like 7

$8 for these pens on Amazon. For my first try I’m pleased with the results. 

B53EAA89-19CC-493A-853F-B04915934FBC.jpeg

• Like 5

@Room335 0.7 tip to, let me know if it stay on if you are going to drive outside in wet weather.

My latest order in my Quest to find pen’s that are easy to apply and stay on is Sharpies 1mm (silver/gold). I also noticed that my new Tires have writing that is not hollow, so i think the Sharpie’s would be easy to use on these

16 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Marcus2116 That looks sooooo much better with comical wheels on it. Even the weird stock stance is mitigated. Top work. 

Agreed!  This is what Tamiya should do with the comical spares that eventually clutter up store shelves..

15 hours ago, 53HRA said:

Nice drift track would fit on there!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, 53HRA said:

You should be able to do Postal Racing indoors with that. I'm jealous. I rent so no chance to build a proper man cave.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, Maelstrom said:

Coming along with my Super Sabre restoration. All I really need now is the plastic pin that holds the battery compartment closed (using a thick nail for that at the moment). Also need to detail the front tyres and I seem to have run out of driver figures 😫

Tamiya Super Sabre

I just ordered that part for my boomerang. It was the only part I needed to make it complete and took forever to arrive. Nice super saber!!

• Like 1

Lots of little details need to addressed still. I cut out the white from the sticker sheet and used only the black molding for the front side windows to test the look. I need to pick up black pinstripe tape and redo. But most decals are affixed. 

F12DB864-6703-40C8-8E32-FC9F06DA76F6.jpeg

1E0C0434-C799-45D7-9005-5845C0E093D4.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1