Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

@simalarion big thanks. Not done yet. I’m moving slow with it. Plenty to do still

That is looking absolutely fantastic!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

Lots of little details need to addressed still. I cut out the white from the sticker sheet and used only the black molding for the front side windows to test the look. I need to pick up black pinstripe tape and redo. But most decals are affixed. 

F12DB864-6703-40C8-8E32-FC9F06DA76F6.jpeg

1E0C0434-C799-45D7-9005-5845C0E093D4.jpeg

That colour combo is just perfect and slammed down to the ground just looks ace, just standing stil!!!

• Thanks 1

Really busy at work (at home) but grabbed some time at lunch to run my FTX Outlaw in the back garden. It ate through two 3300mah NiMH packs in no time and the motor got VERY hot, as they are known to do. Don’t think it will last long but I have an upgrade path planned. Except that I couldn’t find said upgrades in the garage! Wonder if I left them at the office...?

Also failed to find the mildly hopped up M04 I started building a while back but have misplaced. Need to check the loft.

• Like 2

so im horribly confused now, the modified order the seller for the slash trencher tires has cancelled the old order. it was supposed to be in stock in a few days. im not sure if they had other issues to cancel the modified order of 119022 and 1190-10 set of tires but hopefully they put up the modified order soon to correct it as the previous order had tires they couldnt get. if this falls through again im just going to try zoomroom for the 1190-10 tires... trying to find good tires for my slash is starting to become a sliiightly huge headache...

On 2/15/2021 at 3:55 PM, lsear2905 said:

Good day so far... 

I got my Mini back from the mechanic (luckily a mechanic is considered "essential service" and he's less than 5kms away) after a little bit of "fettling." Alta 15% supercharger reduction pulley and an Alta cold air intake. Annoyingly we dyno'd it before the work but the dyno place is not considered "essential service" so finding out the power gain will be something for another day. It certainly pulls harder and feels a lot quicker. Stay tuned.

So before the work was done I had it dyno'd to find out what power it had after 15 years and 113,000kms, and re-dyno'd after the work, too. So for the sake of the following numbers I'm assuming a 15% drivetrain loss on the dyno from flywheel to "at the wheels":

• Stock (claimed): 125kw (167hp)
  • Dyno run (pre-work): 124kw (166hp) (105kw at the wheels)
  • Dyno run (now): 143kw (192hp) (122kw at the wheels)

I'm exceedingly happy with those results! Also, I gained an extra 46Nm of torque (34ft lb).

I also had to rebuild the entire electrics in my Spartan - when the ESC went bang! a month ago it took the receiver and servo with it.. so it's ready to run on Sunday now. We have a public holiday on Monday so I may get a bit more RC'ing in over the 2 days (I work Saturday, so "long" weekend = 2 whole days).

Despite being in the hobby a few years, I’ve only applied a couple of stickers to a car - headlights on my Bowler shell.

What can I say? They scare me! Fear of failure has been so high but the only way I’ll improve is practice so....

EEF4BCBD-AF66-47D2-AE40-EFF59F41E4D4.jpg
Put two MCI decals on the front of my Hornet.

Learned two things - 

- Tweezers can damage the sticker

- go slowly or you can tear the sticker on a curve.

Phew. Time for a coffee and some breakfast. I might do a few more over the coming weeks. Once I can work out the placement. No numbers on the MCI decals and they aren’t in the same placement as the original sticker sheet!

• Haha 1

@Badcrumble Did you use Pearl before Black on that lexan spray job?.

I also recommend the Scotch tape method for applying bigger decals (found on youtube), to get a perfect finish you can melt in the decals with a hair dryer (this is very good tip) which also remove air bubles, just do not melt them to much ofc

• Thanks 1

Today I went to work (Saturday) expecting to work until dinner time, but things went awry and I only ended up going in for half a day. So I went to my LHS after work to see if he had any bits in stock for one of my 5 rc's that were broken. I ended up fixing 3 cars there, brought one home (a DT03) and found he had the bits for 4 cars, so went home and repaired those too.

Pretty happy day really 🙂

• Like 1

Stock Top-Force damper seems to fit Grasshopper pretty well, if i had 380 stock motor (on top, its much smaller than it looks on picture as you know). A bit suprised by it. Much better than the «Bronze» dampers on Ebay even if they do not get full strech, i think i will keep them on.

spacer.png

I've created a new build thread for more than 24 hours already but it's weird that it hasn't been approved yet. 

Anyway, I'll just share it here if the admin/mods won't approve it (yet).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wild One. This was my dream kit back in the 80s. I had hand-me-down kits from my dad which was the Ford F150 XLT and my older brother's Subaru Brat which I later converted to a Frog. But neither could keep up with my friends' RCs. When I saw the Wild One in catalogs, I wanted it so badly. Unfortunately, it wasn't available at our local hobby shops. Importing was very expensive at that time. So that wish stayed as a dream. 

Eventually, I got a newer kit. The Astute. I loved it. It was definitely way better than the Wild One on and off track. But the Wild One just kept haunting me. It was also unfortunate that I missed getting the re-re. I think I was too late when I resumed to this hobby (Sept 2018). My plan of getting just one kit and rebuilding my dad's CC-01 turned into addiction. I currently have six heavily modified running kits, one heavily modified shelf queen (and she still gets upgrades from time to time), a few micro and mini helis, and now an actual vintage Wild One. It was given yesterday by my friend and DJ student of mine. He has 3 of this (and about 100+ RCs). 2 vintage and a re-re. When we last discussed it two weeks ago, I mentioned that I always wanted the WO. It was such a surprise when he handed me this one. Now my mind can't stop thinking of what to do with it. Keep it all original or should I convert it into something that will perform better on and off track.

pkRjZOFh.jpg

nZ3F3Shh.jpg

So today I started disassembling the kit and cleaned everything. Shocks have been cleaned as well and put in new oil. I also cleaned the axles and re-greased them. Replaced all bearing to rubber sealed which I've had as extras since two years ago for my CC-01 and FF-01.

Yrwo18Eh.jpg

EUxR63jh.jpg

ODu67P8h.jpg

YmoWidkh.jpg

NTgV1xuh.jpg

Although I've decided to upgrade all four shocks and change the wheels. I'm wondering what wheel hex hub can I use for the rear to fit a DT--01/02/03 wheels.

• Like 6

As Oslo is more or less closed down yet again and we’re encouraged not to leave the county I’m separated from the unbuilt kits at my cabin. Luckily my LHS offers takeaway so picked another Super Astute so I have something to build when the TXT2 is finished. 

8D4EA013-A34F-447D-A5E9-38C6B1D7393A.jpeg

• Like 7

Bit of a clean up and light refurb job today on a FR-15S Nitro engine which I picked up recently - amazing how cleaning can be so absorbing! Note to self: get a life! I wasn't sure which engine this was (the listing didn't say), or the condition when I picked it up on a trading site. It wasn't quite what I thought it was, so will sell it on. Bit of a gem though, great condition, very good compression.

IMG_5811.JPG

• Like 1

Now I'm trying to figure out where to drill holes for the bodyposts on the Clodbuster body to get the best fit on the TXT2. But there's no denying it might be a tad too short, I guess my logic of the TXT2 being a monster truck and the Clodbuster being a monster truck wasn't exactly foolproof. 

clodbody.jpg

• Like 4

I had to test the Top-Force rear damper setup on The Grasshopper so i took one off my daughters out with me for a spin, on the picture she is spinning on Ice. After driving Agrios and Top-Force (with hop-up dampers) i now really see hos terrible the «Hopper» drive, and just Hopper is a name that suit it well:D. The Hopper can hardly handle anything it is also terrible un-stable on asphalt, also very «angry» with the Torque motor i have in it. Im thinking The Grasshopper is best on a big Lawn or on wet sand at a beach or very fine gravel fotball field etc. spacer.png

• Like 5

51009401741_d0a6463a0d_b.jpg

Took the putty out the rear ‘box on the Twin Detonator, serious goop was not adding to the driving experience. Took some adhesive cleaner & a toothbrush to the differential & got the thing back together with a liberal application of lithium grease. We charged up a new 2S & stuck it in the Konghead & took them both up the park for a bash. The Konghead has a goolrc brushless setup and speed gears, so it shifts! All told it made for a fun Saturday afternoon :D

• Like 6

Tried fitting my homebrew rear damper mounts to the JK. Holes in the right place but a tad tight. Stripped three screw heads and had to remove them with pliers. Then realised that the third layer interfered with the damper bodies. Two layers would work but it got too cold to continue outside so I have finished for the day with the truck in more pieces than I started :(. Again.

• Like 1

One of my RC mates gave me a fresh built DT02 Sand Viper for free. He never ran it. So tonight, just before the covid evening clock, I gave the DT02 a run and I now realise what a fun chassis this is. Underside is now full of scratches to proof that it was off road.

DT02 klein.jpg

• Like 8