Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got to try out the newly installed ZTW Beast 3450kv sensorless combo today while up in the Bunya Mountains for the weekend 😁
On first installation the motor was going in the wrong direction so I had 50% forwards and 100% in reverse. I swapped 2 bullet connections over and everything then went the right way. The rain started setting in making things a bit slippery for 2WD so couldn’t get a decent full throttle shot with one hand. The power comes on hard, a wheelie bar would be good as the back end of the body catches the ground and proceeded to pull the rear body post clips right through 😂. Great fun and the Blitzer still laps it up 👍🏻  The Hi Torque servo saver has dramatically improved the handling too.

• Like 11

I raided my RC supplies ie plastic juice container just now and selected 4 squares to serve and body mount reinforcement washers, got the 4 dremeled out nicely. Hopefully I can start washing the body then applying fiber tape and shoe goo later on today after some rest and a RC session in the park.

• Like 1

Some updates today...

• New set of rear tires
  • Front shock tower metal stiffener
2TJPzlih.jpg

JqilhNth.jpg

U7wx1rsh.jpg

kdJQVeLh.jpg
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, Nwc100 said:

Finally got this to wheels on, have jumped ahead a few steps as usual but it's about 90% done.

Has in insane amount of shims and screws compared to the TT02 and requires another level of concentration to get it built, looking forward to giving it a run though, and deciding what colour to do the body in Ferrari red or yellow seems to be the choices!

DSC_0020~2.JPG

DSC_0022~2.JPG

DSC_0025~2.JPG

DSC_0027~2.JPG

Nice👍 don't see many ta06`s about on here. 

• Like 1

Finally gotten round to filling in the surplus holes after drilling new ones to fit it on the TXT2, and as the weather seems to behave I started painting the body. So it’ll probably start to rain within the next 30 minutes but if not I might be able to finish it today. 

D47A7550-B3A2-499F-98C6-285ABB81A925.jpeg

• Like 9

Took the Dremel to the JK body today. I think I was a bit overzealous!

DSC_0585.jpg

I started by tidying up the rear bed area ready to box out the rear arches. That went well so I thought I would tidy up the sides under the doors by making them level. That's where it all went a bit wrong. 

I taped up the sides as per the GCM video like I did when I first trimmed it but afterwards, the body sat a few mm above the sliders. Oh no!

I then went on to cut out the front footwells, that was more successful but once again, I got a bit carried away!

I ran the new servo extension lead down the chassis rails to the rear area where I plugged it in to the new ESC. The battery sits in there too.

DSC_0586.jpg

I decided to use the central mount screws to hold the body and see how much I now needed to extend the sills by. That's when I realise that by trimming the sills I had lowered the body, bringing the transfer case into contact with it.

I probably should have left it well alone!

• Like 3

Put a brushless motor in and some new wheels and tires on my shortened DT-02 chassis and give it a go in the backyard. It's stupid fast and due to the short wheelbase it's permanently wheely-ing (don't know if this word exists). Had a lot of fun.

IMG20210403165541_compress39.thumb.jpg.dc959cb2b7caab992b71abd2045617ef.jpg

IMG_20210403_174923_compress60.thumb.jpg.a1fca4ece9031ced3dfa96fb0ae0ea30.jpg

• Like 7

@Re-Bugged that looks like A LOT of fun... thought you were going to chase the kangaroos at the end of the video :D

Nothing beats an insanely overpowered 2WD!

• Like 1

This was yesterday. 

First I set up my movable workbench station (a reversed bulletin board that keeps being moved around the house...) and started working on the Manta Ray. I revisited its camber and toe alignment, so I got the chance to use my new caliper. Sweet tool! How could I get this far without it?

I also installed the new servo, the nice blue color blends perfectly with the car though it will be covered by the driver eventually. I plan on installing and tuning the new 10BL60 ESC today.

20210402-171828.jpg

In the afternoon I took out the Hornet again and went to test the surrounding areas after snowmelt. It was as fun as always but pretty intense: this one below went right in my face! 😅

20210402-183420-1.gif

20210402-190406.jpg

A rare moment on all four wheels20210403-120749.jpg

20210403-120948.jpg

Hornetting around20210403-120920.jpg

Finally a smooth jump!

20210402-203506.jpg

• Like 9

Ran out of time today, will finish tomorrow.  

I am using laser printed decals my wife made and they require heat to adhere correctly.  The paint is not fully dry so will press them down tomorrow.

IMG_Apr32021at51630PM.thumb.jpg.b6be6747d766842c0585fe252f827775.jpgIMG_Apr32021at51644PM.thumb.jpg.4afcc6cd9e87fabc4f0924c67ef707a8.jpg

6 hours ago, Ferruz said:

@Re-Bugged that looks like A LOT of fun... thought you were going to chase the kangaroos at the end of the video :D

Nothing beats an insanely overpowered 2WD!

It is a hoot for sure 😃

You have Chipmunks, we have Roo’s and their smaller cousins the Pretty Face Wallabies. Not sure I’d let one sit on my RC car though like you do with the Chipmunks 😆

BC955779-2790-4E6B-836E-BB8706286D0B.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A busy Saturday: switched back to low ride height, installed new wheels, the missing bearings, aluminum motor mount, heat sink, Torque Tuned Motor, and Lightweight Mustang GT body. Picked up two oil differentials at Hobbytown, but that is tomorrow's project. 

C4A056F1-D492-4921-AECB-F101D65D5EDB.jpeg

1C017578-0478-4D43-8CF8-A41F8CB66506.jpeg

Took my slash for a run in the park. I bent the antenna tube in a roll over to where I had to bend it back, nearly had to order a LCG tray a bit earlier that expected. I left some kids chase after my slash at the end in the grassy area of the park. One kid took an unexpected short cut and had to jump over the slash. Both kid and slash are safe phew. One of the older kids around 13?? Asked to drive my slash I have him the run around that it's not a small toy they could handle at full capacity and thankfully the battery was near dead by that point. Cleaned the slash up after the run, some smaller areas need more minute details but it's overall clean. Need to remove wheels and clean that area of grass tangle. Too many branches in the park make for rough unpredictable terrain at distance...

I Then proceeded to destroy and crash my R33 and FD3S on Forza motorsports 3 on XBOX 360. Did some body alterations to both and played a few solo races. It's literally the first time I booted up the Xbox in at least 2 years... those dammed 3ds and switch make gaming more convenient providing I have enough interest to put some time on them.

Edit, just put the washers to reinforce the body posts and had to scrape a small bit of glue off. Took a tiny area of black paint off the she'll, it's an easy fix but annoying BC it's a small delay to finish reinforcement...

Took my Jimny out again, shot a couple pics and a good bit of video, which is now posted on that build thread.  Wouldn’t mind switching to a shorty LiPo pack, But I would want to figure out how to make skid plate shaped battery retainers  in a way that can be 3D printed first.....

Here it is with my daily.

001(39).jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Teddy Ruckspin said:

half an hour ago my to force was completely fine with no issues...

this is it now snapped in half 

crash!!!!!!.jpg

whats the story behind this... separation? did it clip a hard corner?

Painted the Evo X yesterday at last, it had been looking at me for about two months unloved, now the 599XX to start on!

And so predictably ran out half way through of white paint to back it!

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

• Like 2

I did some upgrades on the TT02B this afternoon. I added the Tamiya carbon suspension uprights and Yeah Racing aluminium steering link. Somehow I managed to forget to take photos of the steering link.

IMG_1307.jpg

All the bits for the suspension uprights.

IMG_1308.jpg

Initial fitting on suspension holes for maximum height - the shocks are touching the front bumper. I think this is a problem - the moment I run into something (inevitable) I'm going to end up with bent shocks.

IMG_1309.jpg

Yeah, thats too close. I don't recall the original parts having the shocks touch the bumper.

IMG_1310.jpg

Moved to some more conservative holes. I'm losing a bit of ride height but at least there is clearance to the shocks now.

IMG_1311.jpg

Rear shock tower doesn't have the clearance problems the front set had.

The steering install was fraught with initial error - I found I had ordered a GPM turnbuckle set for a TT02; lacking the 'B' meant it's the wrong parts. However I had also ordered GMP front and rear upper arm links, which turned out to be superfluous as the Tamiya uprights came with adjustable links; I didn't know this until I opened the package. As it happens the GPM rear upper links fit as steering rods, and I could still use the servo-to-link turnbuckle from the TT02 set. So all was well.

We're off for a burn around a park with @Trouserlord tomorrow so I have set up the TT02B with a little bit of front toe-out to see how it drives. The surface is medium grass so I suspect the subtlties of tuning will be moot. I want to set up the Postal Racing track with some cones and have a crack at that with the TT02B and the Comical Hornet and my wife's Comical Frog. Hopefully the rain will stay away and we get a good race day.

• Like 3

Been 3d printing like MAD , 3D printed Avante 2001 rims . Been trying to get it better finish . 

I'm getting there great guns now , got a few lol . 

Just finishing off the last white rim now , i used natural filament ( looks like white )  on the 2001 pic .

So i will change that :D .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

On 3/30/2021 at 10:25 PM, Willy iine said:

I got the chassis back together.  The left drive axle is slightly binding and that might explain why the long axle tube was broken on that side.  I will shim it later. 

IMG_Mar302021at41918PM.thumb.jpg.8cd03fcaea5abca872ff43bc11daff8c.jpg

Since this is a mild runner I am running a 1060.  The resistors are just for show.  I should be getting the Bruiser transmission caps in a couple of weeks so will swap that rubber tube out where the resistor leads come out of the lid.  The one on the car tore apart so could not use.   

To make access easier I made a jumper Tamiya battery connector between the lid and ESC.  Going to work on the wheels next..

IMG_Mar302021at41932PM.thumb.jpg.50d9169bd3aac7de144accdf26230301.jpg

I'm just about to start my rebuild of my wild willy m38 chassis the body is done but I have a few issues with the chassis and electrics primarily my fault I have to sort out the manual speed controller😕! Is that hump pack battery your own creation or can you buy them? I know when the SRB buggies reappeared you could buy hump packs again but I haven't seen them for a while?

20210404_112252.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, moffman said:

I'm just about to start my rebuild of my wild willy m38 chassis the body is done but I have a few issues with the chassis and electrics primarily my fault I have to sort out the manual speed controller😕! Is that hump pack battery your own creation or can you buy them? I know when the SRB buggies reappeared you could buy hump packs again but I haven't seen them for a while?

20210404_112252.jpg

Nice job on the body.  

I made the hump back using Sub-C cells I sourced from Amazon.  It is easy to make and cheap to assemble ($30-35 each).  

This is a diagram I made a while back. Let me know if you need more info.   Good luck with the Willy build!   I love M38 Willy’s. :D  

B589DEF7-811A-4DE1-838E-6788F6F0D630.thumb.jpeg.bc995e219af0fc45deceaf2b74e2f8d3.jpeg

IMG_Apr42021at55625AM.thumb.jpg.d1df76f3fd526d2dcfc674cf694397ad.jpg

IMG_Mar232021at53447PM.jpg.6bfcfef8dd1a3c18b27b2fb2a541e7dc.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I've cut some Carbontubes that i found at home to the right length and put it over tge Clod Steeringrods.

Then i've covered them with shrinkingtube.

1617535569411-99787924.thumb.jpg.31591bdc3c3ae8e23df81fba8d15e37b.jpg

1617535858308-1368168584.thumb.jpg.d075bc926ee446b49ac7ad359c69588a.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Nice job on the body.  

I made the hump back using Sub-C cells I sourced from Amazon.  It is easy to make and cheap to assemble ($30-35 each).  

This is a diagram I made a while back. Let me know if you need more info.   Good luck with the Willy build!   I love M38 Willy’s. :D  

B589DEF7-811A-4DE1-838E-6788F6F0D630.thumb.jpeg.bc995e219af0fc45deceaf2b74e2f8d3.jpeg

IMG_Apr42021at55625AM.thumb.jpg.d1df76f3fd526d2dcfc674cf694397ad.jpg

IMG_Mar232021at53447PM.jpg.6bfcfef8dd1a3c18b27b2fb2a541e7dc.jpg

That seems pretty straightforward I've just got to get a decent soldering iron my one doesn't get hot enough I think its had its life?

10 hours ago, nel33 said:

whats the story behind this... separation? did it clip a hard corner?

it clipped a bit of wood sticking out of a fence going full speed, I've ordered the parts but am to impatient so I've glued it back together. I think that it was mainly due to me using the Fastrax aluminium low er suspension arm mount.

image.png