Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cut the Audi V8 body shell which I've got for my birthday some weeks ago and sanded the edges. Turned out pretty good I think. Maybe tomorrow I will mask it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teddy Ruckspin said:

it clipped a bit of wood sticking out of a fence going full speed, I've ordered the parts but am to impatient so I've glued it back together. I think that it was mainly due to me using the Fastrax aluminium low er suspension arm mount.

image.png

Ouch, that sounds about right for the damage you took .Maybe the aluminum part sent the shock farther down on the chassis.

I guess I will need to be careful of my TD when it arrives and when driving, chose to go with aluminum part for the lower suspension arms.

1 hour ago, martinjpayne said:

@Willy iine Where did you get the battery jig from? And do you solder or spot weld the -ve tab?

Actually I bought the jig like over 20 years ago when I was still racing sedans using matched NiCD batteries.  I still have the batteries and they still work.  

The Sub-C's come spot welded with tabs.  I just wiggle and break off the ones I don't need and use a regular soldering iron to solder the cells.  It is always a good idea to first super glue the cells together..that is what is holding the cells together more so than the solder itself.  

moffman- I am using a 45 watt  soldering iron which gets the job done, but as you said, best you use a hot iron.  I think 20-30 watt iron will damage the cells.  

I got my SWB completed.  :D

IMG_Apr42021at15857PM.thumb.jpg.eda2da7f5f839d256e1625c17f973675.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

oh well, my day just took a turn for the worse. im fine but my conscience is a bit hurt. i did a google search and think i found a pic of the RC sprint car we had back in the day a Tyco Turbo Outlaw RC

33411974_1.jpg

• Like 1

Moved onto making the M38 Willy stand and wheel chocks for display.  The black one pictured is a finished one I use on the LWB.   I needed to make a SWB version.  With this stand the car appears to be on the ground but the rear is floating and front wheels are barely touching the surface to prevent flat stopping.  

Once the glue dries I will enamel it black and paint the wheel chocks in the orangish wood color to match the other ones I already made (matches the axe and shovel handle colors).

IMG_Apr42021at25304PM.jpg.a993b563ac3f88115d40f85a04832906.jpg

Update:  Finished the stand and chocks.  I also posted a few more pictures in the 'photos of your recent build' thread if you guys have a moment to take a look. 

IMG_Apr42021at52307PM.thumb.jpg.af3a94fbbd93f5a17aaa08c01a0e59dc.jpg

• Like 2

Took the slash for another run today, had sone fun with it and im sure some pepole likely posted on some sort of social media. They took a small speed run sprint with it so they likely shared it at least once.

Edit. Just finished reinforcing the side panels and the center area of the desert concepts body. It's currently 1 layer atm but I learned some tricks or areas that need more prep work to make the fiber tape hold in the right forms. I've also seen dirt get caught in the stock slash body after I reinforced it. It's just annoying to see the dirt discoloration but it's harmless overall. There is still alot left to reinforce but I will get it done.

Had a great day at the park with @Trouserlord running his 30-something year old Hornet, my Neo Scorcher, and the wife's Comical Frog. We even managed to have a go at the Postal Racing track. I set what I think is a pretty mediocre number of laps on track of medium length grass, lots of leaves and twigs. The wife wanted a bit more practice when we got home, and the 5000mah batteries still had juice, so we did some classic oval practice. The Tamiya Radio Control Guide Books always used to suggest setting up and oval or figure of eight using 'soda cans'. We didn't have soda cans I could only find these beer cans. We had to empty them first though.

IMG_1319.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Today I discovered I’m a moron as I discovered that there’s more parts needed for the Clodbuster shell than what I’d bought. So I’ve been waiting patiently for wheels and paint to dry while what I should’ve been doing was ordering tail gate, front bumper etc. 

Luckily I also had the wonderful "ping" of an e-clip launching into outer space instead of going on the Super Astute. So, I’ve got a lot of stuff going my way today :D  

0C115201-94E8-4C14-811F-313AB4CE9F0B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My partner used Easter Sunday to finish her Euro Truck rolling chassis and build a box stock TT-02 for the Ferrari F430 body to live on. 

I bored a couple of holes in my Mustang body and cooked dinner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

Today I discovered I’m a moron as I discovered that there’s more parts needed for the Clodbuster shell than what I’d bought. So I’ve been waiting patiently for wheels and paint to dry while what I should’ve been doing was ordering tail gate, front bumper etc. 

Luckily I also had the wonderful "ping" of an e-clip launching into outer space instead of going on the Super Astute. So, I’ve got a lot of stuff going my way today :D  

0C115201-94E8-4C14-811F-313AB4CE9F0B.jpeg

Very nice green color, which paint code is that? My daily driver is almost the same color bit with a hint of yellow in the paint.

• Like 1

Couldn't work today due to the Easter Monday holiday... so I rushed back home to finish my new ESC setup. 

Took me very little to set it up, but then it took me a good couple hours to tidy up the wiring. Pretty happy with how it turned out, functional and with everything firmly into place.

20210405-144545.jpg

Snug fit especially with the driver installed. Now time to head to a park to try it out!

20210405-144847.jpg

• Like 9

Took two very different rc’s  for a spin around the garden. The first was my Sheridan full option tank.6CF73D8B-AD7E-4A85-BAF3-88B016E7EA2E.jpeg.95d143caca26fe45f6920d0655f873c0.jpeg

I’m not sure what the neighbours think as it makes quite a racket especially when  the main gun is going off. The sound of Detroit diesels is also quite loud. Very different to drive from a standard car but good fun. Then all change and out came the Wild One. 2F765289-58CD-4EDE-80C7-AC761103F285.jpeg.cac0bd8c23fb251879185872850dad64.jpeg
or my version!! Strange to think I was considering selling this only a few weeks ago but something just niggled and I couldn’t part with it. To day I found out why. It’s just fun to drive. I’m running a torque tuned motor wit 7.2v NiMh’s and frankly that’s plenty. On grass the front end has no grip at all but the rear is pretty good. Pops little wheelies and generally careers around. I think both of these models epitomise what Tamiya rc’s mean to me. They are model cars that are radio controlled rather than the other way round. 
 Tomorrow may be a little different. I’m going to put my 3s lipos on charge to run the Losi Raptor and possibly the jet boat . Both high powered RTR thoroughbreds also tremendous fun but completely the other end of the scale.

• Like 7

Just back from the park. The car works great! The tweaking on camber and toe that I did the other day really made a difference, can't wait to try it out on a proper track of the Postal Racing. No much footage or pics as I was just really into driving.

The power hungry 13.5 bluebottle seems to get along with the new 10BL60 much better than it ever did with the TBLE02S, by now the only thing (blue)bottlenecking its potential is my 7.2 NiMh which have seen better days. More than enough power for now anyway :)

Screenshot-20210405-191105-Video-Player.

20210405-191602.jpg

At a certain point, somebody started creeping around with bad intentionsScreenshot-20210405-190845-Gallery.jpg

...fortunately, he lost interest!Screenshot-20210405-191327-Gallery.jpg

20210405-191241.jpg

• Like 9

I put a 2nd layer of fiber tape and shoe goo on the sides of the shell and a bit on the roof. I just noticed one thing about the paint job, I put the front window block out sticker a bit off to the side or the sticker they provided was a bit short.  Its a bit off to the left if you look at the hood from the front, Can't do much about that now...

16 hours ago, nel33 said:

Very nice green color, which paint code is that? My daily driver is almost the same color bit with a hint of yellow in the paint.

No idea to be honest, it's an off the shelf Duplicolor green metallic. 

6A29D85E-FBF0-47B8-B74D-53B4C465E481.jpeg.684bc1763954d05e6e62e8d2bd25a7cb.jpeg
can’t stop grinning!!! Running on 3s lipo with 100% throttle setting on hard packed dusty soil undulating track/ open space is just awesome. I have no idea actually how fast it goes but I really don’t care. The suspension acts like a real desert racer. Only shame is that it’s made by Losi and not Mr T☹️

• Like 4

I went to put those printed parts on my SCX24 last night and the electronics lowering pieces went on find, but had issues with the steering parts binding so I tried to put the stock pieces back on and lost the servo saver spring. Ended up ordering a Hot Racing servo mount for the E-Max servo, as well as some solder and flux paste.

Here’s the difference in the electronics though!

001(336).HEIC
001(335).HEIC

Not a Tamiya vehicle but using Tamiya paint so hopefully this is okay..(?)..beside this, I ordered a spare battery pack for the tricycle.  

Im going to be painting the plastic decorative engine, figure body, and also assemble one of the Willy heads today to use on this thing.  

IMG_Apr62021at102413AM.thumb.jpg.23689365ae55b77ff13f51e2dd114970.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

No idea to be honest, it's an off the shelf Duplicolor green metallic. 

Thank you for the reply, that brand of paint does have a color named spirited green metallic. It could be that one.

Mostly cleanup this morning from the trike build I did yesterday for Billy.  I am expecting a used Willy this week which I was just planning on taking apart for parts, but realized I had a bunch of TBLE02's laying around.. I already have servos, so ordered a receiver to, I guess, restore the LWB Willy.. lol

I replaced the Deans connector it already had, assembled a Tamiya connector and soldered it to the ESC to lengthen the wiring.  I also attached new Tamiya-bullet connectors for the motor.  Since I have a bunch of Willy figure trees I decided to assemble one in preparation for the restoration.  

IMG_Apr72021at95106AM.jpg.3e6fe6f4c1ce7e0a7fa74c8529e732b1.jpg

• Like 3

Got untethered from the CADD Pump and PICC Line removed this morning! Now I don’t have to go to the hospital every morning for a fresh bag of antibiotic, the. drag that around, and we can take my car places if Dad doesn’t need his buggy to get around!  Now it’s time to take the crawlers out and beat on them too😁

• Like 3

Busy work day today.. only had like 45 min but managed to paint the lollipops, NOS bottle, and black parts for the upcoming M38 LWB Willy restoration.   

IMG_Apr72021at30850PM.thumb.jpg.ce6041790f9c56135dad9182c8d8488a.jpg

• Like 2

While the Manta Ray is all ready to go and awaiting adventure, I kept choosing the Hornet this last couple days for a carefree after-work run. If it tumbles, I don't cringe!

The crappy park around the corner, usually unsuitable for RC, has proved to be a great spot for running in this window between snowmelt and the grass growing back. Dust, dirt and even some sand are present at that spot, along with the usual bunch of furry spectators. A squirrel actually chased after the Hornet yesterday and then I chased it back, it got so hilarious I had to stop driving for a moment

20210407-193623.jpg

Screenshot-20210403-192528-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210403-192059-Video-Player.

20210407-193534.jpg

20210407-193952.jpg

20210407-193726.jpg

• Like 9