Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

@Willy iine I must admit I've been admiring every Willy you've been showing us, but I'm curious: what is special about the one that's in the glass case, vs the rest of the collection?

My RC'ing has been pretty quiet since the Easter long weekend - with the end of daylight savings it's dark when I get home, I lost my RDO because of the Easter Monday public holiday and then it rained, hailed and was just generally miserable on Sunday. I did run some boats (they don't care if it's raining) but I doubt I'll see some wheel time for a few days...

On another note, I have a Dump Truck (GF01 chassis, but heavy, hard plastic body) and a Konghead (G601 chassis, but light, lexan body). Would I benefit from having a GF01 Landcruiser as well? Is it a substantially different driving experience or just more of the same? I'm thinking it'll drive pretty similarly to my Lunchbox. But I really like the look of it...

spacer.png

Hey thanks for checking out my pictures, lsear2905!   The one in the display case is an all original made to box art Willy running mechanical speed controller, etc for preservation.  I have another one NIB that I have been waiting for a month now, but shipping is very slow these days.   That one I will display as is on my display shelf without building it.

Sorry to hear about not having enough RC time and hail!  It's been a tough season already for sure with adverse weather and volcanic action in other areas.. on top of Covid and political unrest.   I am just happy I have this hobby to concentrate on happy things in life.  :D

I love my GF01.  Especially with the polycarbonate Land Cruiser body the truck actually performs very well.  I painted mine classic orange with graphite bed.  My other GF01 runs a WW2 body.  Both run WW2 rear wheels on all 4 corners with oil dampers.   I think TamiyaUSA had the red prepainted one on sale for like $150...?

This morning I sanded one of the new old stock Willy heads to place on Billy's old torso..since Billy now runs Flamigo.   Will paint him later today.. hopefully.  I have to take one of my real cars to emissions today and NOT looking forward to it.

IMG_Apr132021at75947AM.jpg.1e196c225ff8eaed381f6dcfd3a55f0c.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

6 weeks yesterday until we move house, 7 weeks until the loft conversion starts.

Well excited, half our house is packed and. in storage already. 

Hopefully eBay will have the usual selling fee deal this weekend and I’ll put a couple of Tamiya up for sale.

I’ll have to continue to enjoy Tamiya for the foreseeable future  through the forum 👍

Good luck with the move Grumpy pants!!  

• Thanks 1

Sills re-profiled on the JK and I finished the top of the load bay cover

DSC_0598.jpg

Lot more styrene work to do plus hopefully pick up the new pinion (hopefully waiting in the post room at the office by now) so I can get it running properly. Though that means learning to solder!

• Like 6

a couple of parts turned up for the manta ray resto today hex pin adaptors and ball race 

yesterday the screws i orderd turn up so i go on with it 

replaced a 30 year old clear film i put on the underside of the bath tube when i built it and to my surprise it is still intact and replaced with a piece of leftover 1.1 headlight protector film i brought a while back.

so the front and rear gearbox's replaced with new all gears kept and cleaned and regreased most of the screws replaced still a few to find

all new ballrace installed

first pic is of chassis with the old protector film removed and the second is with the replacement one on the centre still has to dry has it still has a bit of moister under it 

and yes i am keeping the decals on the chassis as i put them on when i built it and it is part of the car history

you can see from the arms on how good the film did its job

IMG_20210413_133308.jpg

IMG_20210413_145259.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_Apr132021at75947AM.jpg.1e196c225ff8eaed381f6dcfd3a55f0c.jpg

Is that a Wild Wendy in the background? Didn't spot her in your previous photo! Has she been switched out or is one of guys wearing shorts?!

21 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Is that a Wild Wendy in the background? Didn't spot her in your previous photo! Has she been switched out or is one of guys wearing shorts?!

I was wondering the same!

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Must be Wild Wendy-I'd expect hairy legs detail if one of the guys wearing shorts :lol:

• Haha 3

Sorry edited this post numerous times! computer illiterate carpenter :unsure:

Finally subscribed and applied for tcphotos recently, still working out how to use it so pic heavy post :lol:

Random DB02 build updates as guinea pigs.

Im still waiting for some rear parts delivery to finish the rolling chassis but always stuff to tinker with.....

spacer.png

Rear cardans assembled ready to go

spacer.png

Exchanging more black O rings for TRF Urethane bushings

spacer.png

Undecided on the wheels/colours for this buggy so had a play around with standard and hex fit buggy wheels on the front. Interesting size differences

spacer.png

Also did the first cut on body. Needs modifications from standard because of upper arm mount hop ups.

Didn't win the Euro Millions (again) in case you were wondering

Greg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

You have good eyes!  Yes, that is Wild Wendy#3 and my other Willy in a camo pattern.   They are on another display away from the other Willy's.

• Like 3

gregdogghurst - Dual joint universals..nice~!

I did not get much painting done today.  Ended up driving my Willy's and adjusting the front alignment most of my free time today.

I have to hang the head up-side-down to dry to prevent run marks.  The paint is still very wet.  Will finish tomorrow..

image.png.27e90c94a795eb492b622f926d496aac.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

You have good eyes!  Yes, that is Wild Wendy#3 and my other Willy in a camo pattern.   They are on another display away from the other Willy's.

Does this mean you have 3 more jeeps hidden?  You must have a fair amount of jeep supply in your hands.

Today, yesterday and the day before I finally got the time to do some proper Postal Racing! I ran three cars, but it's the Manta Ray that was really put through her paces every single day. She definitely delivered! Gears sound a little noisy now but fair enough, after three  consecutive days and some 15 battery packs ran in anger on grass and dirt I think it's ok! 

Fun fact: during what turned out to be my overall best run, the usual chipmunk suddenly decided to be part of the show and started stalking the car and deliberately crossing the track. I decided to keep my concentration and that any collision would have been on him!

Shameless and naughty, how I love those little guys... and they sure have a thing for RC since they are always interested :lol:

20210412-170739.jpgit's been a long weekend (and beginning of week) for the Manta

• Like 5

against the best idea of driving in traffic today to make it to the LHS. took 35 minutes to clear the worst of it before (early part of rush) it was smooth sailing but i came back with some good things. i need to buy more PS12 silver but i still have some left of the first can, used it a fair amount for backing the colors on the body. i purchased metallic blue and purple for the Manta body and will also use silver on the body. the purple choices were a bit bleak on tones i was looking for but the metallic purple is very close to GTR midnight purple shade so i cant complain there. decided to go with metallic colors for the Manta body.

i also picked up my TD rims, the Jconcept sprinter tires are almost in, the rears are coming in a week but i think they would look good on box art scheme TD. i mocked up one wheel and rim to see the appearance and it looks good.

i ordered some of the usual electronics for the Manta that kits dont usually include, steering servo and HW1060.

IMG_4380A.jpg

IMG_4381A.jpg

IMG_4382A.jpg

• Like 3

Now the owner of a like new rtr super astute! Fitted with a Tamiya tble03s esc and Tamiya tblm 10.5t brushless motor. Also came with extra wheels and tires and brand new body set, servo, tx and rx ☺️

9C5979F9-19E3-49D8-BF3F-16876D5ADDD0.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nel33 said:

Does this mean you have 3 more jeeps hidden?  You must have a fair amount of jeep supply in your hands.

Yeah, I just love Tamiya's M38 Willy's.  I think I'm going to get a couple more.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, I just love Tamiya's M38 Willy's.  I think I'm going to get a couple more.

LOL i can see 2-3 more in your future easily. it would be rude to make your extra driver hoof it to their next posts... you definitely win that race for most of the same models. my weakness is the GATx-207 Blitz Gundam. i like to have multiples of that one though im usually happy to have one of each scale/size  though a few variants with other equipment are in my collection has 5 of them, the 100 scale master grade one hasnt yet been built yet and the proper 144 scale i dont have as i got one of that size already granted its a no grade cheap knock off. there is even a clear 1/100 scale that is just too rare and $$.

the 1/100 MG Blitz hasnt yet started the build as i got 3 more in line before i get to it the first 2 pics are min and the clear one is a google search but its and actual kit (it has a stealth mode) though i dont know if i would buy this one. i only have 25 kits in total of the Gundam series...

IMG_4383a.jpg

IMG_4384a.jpg

mc blitz.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

nel33 - Impressive!!

its been a .... obsession of mine for many years. its mostly under control due to space time and storage but the occasion purchase isnt odd at all...  disregard the short BB model paint, its one of the earlier ones where i used flat black, i soon moved over to gloss black and got a matt/semi gloss finish. like RC there are so many Gundam models on the market that i dont have the ability to own... that clear model is very tempting but the prices they are asking are high and try building your RC jeeps with clear plastic. im sure locating parts and where they fit would fit in with the other parts would be interesting. i dont think i can pull off a feat like yours to have multiple kits of the same size/grade, at most i could go for 2x but all the others in collection stop that option.

i can name +5-7 models id like from the top of my head to purchase at any given time...

20 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Good luck with the house move and subsequent conversion.

Hope it gives you some space for Tamiya! 

I wish I could take that FF03 off your hands but I'm out of space :(, especially for on-road cars. I need a new garage...

Thanks BC, we’ll end up with 6 bedrooms, but not quite sure where the Tamiya wil live at the mo. 

Far too many pesky kids 🤦

A garage would the dream but the house doesn’t have the space at the side to build one, so no hobby 1:1 cars or motorbikes either 😂

However my wife is very support of my Tamiya nerdiness, so I’d to think a couple could be on display and I’ll probably keep the Konghead for the occasional blast around the garden 👍

• Like 2

Painted Willy's helmet and NOS bottle.  Will matte out the helmet before placing on Billy's old torso. 

IMG_Apr142021at75834AM.thumb.jpg.5600baa54abdb51980f364277f9b4719.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/8/2021 at 5:25 PM, fwdjump said:

Show us this beauty! 

Today I've managed to finish painting the Audi. Still a lot of work to do and I'm a little bit worried about the huge amount of stickers. But so far I'm pleased with the result.

IMG20210414172738_compress65.thumb.jpg.eaee8080b315ac115c80f1e0a6295379.jpg

• Like 15

39 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

Today I've managed to finish painting the Audi. Still a lot of work to do and I'm a little bit worried about the huge amount of stickers. But so far I'm pleased with the result.

IMG20210414172738_compress65.thumb.jpg.eaee8080b315ac115c80f1e0a6295379.jpg

Looks stunning !!!

• Thanks 1

Finished Willy's head (one on right).  Also decided to sit them on NOS bottles.

IMG_Apr142021at40825PM.jpg.aedd5632d374f894c102dc574f4daacb.jpg

IMG_Apr142021at40848PM.jpg.65c8bc5b1549bd0a7d74dff4003ce83d.jpg

• Like 6