Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, moffman said:

I forgot how long the decals on the super astute take! I like the design of the decals but just not keen really on the colour combination so I thought I'd try my own and I move the wing further back 

20210320_161815.jpg

fantastic color combo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I polished my bonnet today...which was nice 😉

429C0997-0DA2-468A-ADFB-047201A68314.jpg

tht reflection reminds me of the add from 1988 in the uk for some reason:lol:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Sir Crashalot said:

Finished the M959 carpet racer.

20210415_213707.thumb.jpg.c856fec3c3da364db67ab2c3f3a4b476.jpg

That is lovely!  Got more pics and a parts list?

Decided to drill some more holes to secure the servo in properly. One wasn’t quite in the right place so switched the servo mount round and voila!

Tested it with the receiver and ESC loose and all seems ok.

Next will be drilling a small hole in the cross support next to where the wires are curled up so I can loop the zip tie through to hold the wires down, then I’ll be fitting a standard sized Tamiya switch to the receiver and finally sticking the receiver and ESC in place.

1F29E266-7D0F-42C3-A7E1-C81C13D65EDF.jpeg

• Like 1

Decided to use 3Ms dual lock Velcro for the ESC and receiver. The receiver was a tight fit as the Velcro is quite thick but it just manages to squeeze in whilst leaving a small air gap once pushed in place.

611623BF-13E8-4B96-9AA5-AB74F6DE5582.jpeg

Had to trim down the jumper caps on the Quickrun 1060 as it was fouling the top of the tub and also slice some of the top hatch plastic part as it was fouling the prop shaft.

8A920CC2-FB0A-4B98-90A4-4BA3CD9BED4A.jpeg
The part has been previously split when the shell support had been screwed in. I’ve since drilled it out and slapped some Tamiya cement over the crack. Seems to be holding alright.

AB6ACC9B-682D-4F9D-A52A-79BF99D2B2CA.jpegDecided to pop some shocks I have spare and the final wheels to see how it was looking (with masking tape on the whee nuts so not to scratch them). 

20DB145A-85F2-4C8F-AE5E-31B56CA1973E.jpeg

The shocks I’ll be swapping for some Alu DF03s from Japan, along with some alloy knuckles. Oh and a switch spacer when rubber cover.

Just need to decided in the paint job!

• Like 3

Took a pic, I didn't realise I had this many, I'm not really a collector, 2 or 3 cars in the fleet usually. :unsure:

Screenshot_20210416_133032.thumb.jpg.5c9ec75965ad91e9e2546457199b5ab9.jpg

I sold two last week too :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Took a pic, I didn't realise I had this many, I'm not really a collector, 2 or 3 cars in the fleet usually. :unsure:

Screenshot_20210416_133032.thumb.jpg.5c9ec75965ad91e9e2546457199b5ab9.jpg

I sold two last week too :lol:

Very nice. I especially like the Subaru NBR - always wanted one of those but the stickers scare me - and the Button-ish NSX.

It's amazing how the fleet breeds when you turn your back!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Very nice. I especially like the Subaru NBR - always wanted one of those but the stickers scare me - and the Button-ish NSX.

Cheers, the Scooby NBR is just sat on a standardish TT02, might consider selling that one, and the TL01 celica once I've rebuilt it. 

Love the Nsx, my little TA04 racer ;)

• Like 1

Being a STI owner I should get that Subie NBR.. :D

For me just cleaned up my RC shop as I had not for a few weeks.   Also matted out a TS28 (drab green) painted jerry can on my SWB Willy as the semi-gloss finish was bothering me.  I may end up painting just the jerry can a darker drab (TS5 or 70)..

• Like 1

Added some fresh rubber to my M07. The previous set lasted an afternoon!

20210416_162027.jpg

20210416_162008.jpg

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

toyolien- Nice ride and love your tire rack and rest of your display setup!

Thank you. It's work in progress. Build here:

• Like 1

Finally received the Bruiser transmission caps aka SWB Willy resistor wire take off grommet so immediately installed to finish the car.  

IMG_Apr162021at22743PM.thumb.jpg.9c59b14fcdb2759bdb3d1febef27b1d6.jpg

• Like 2

Was sending the DF03RA earlier :D

Screenshot_20210416_210718.thumb.jpg.a5750008581d45c6d44cf0e342dfedc0.jpg

Screenshot_20210416_210732.thumb.jpg.de9112ecde939227a53b85b02d207920.jpg

Screenshot_20210416_210759.thumb.jpg.0a1f3c06cd571dbef18d034a016a6599.jpgexcuse the garden, my wolf is shedding :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Performed quite a delicate operation on the Manta Ray today.

I was dealing with the usual problem: rear gearbox cover lifting/starting to crack due to the brushless power. I ran it a lot last weekend and some dirt got into the gearbox so it was really time for some maintenance.

I firstly stripped and clean all the rear gears and gearbox. The touring gears actually got a little worn by the grinding dirt paste, but they were not too bad so I kept them going. I've then concentrated on addressing the problem where the gearbox cover was lifting: it was done quite simply on one side by just adding a longer screw for the shock tower (I bet everybody in need has done that already), but the other side close to the motor was a little more delicate due to the lack of space and actual gearbox material needed to perform such operations.

After some pondering, I decided to try and gently drill a hole in order to put a retaining screw in it after. I had a spare gearbox and cover in case of it going south, but fortunately the operation was successful! As a proper overkill I've also sealed the cover in with a shade of silicon sealant (literally just a shade, on the edges away from gears of course) and now the car sounds much much better. I mean, it's not exactly purring as there's still a brushless system in it, but at least now it doesn't sound like a bunch of angry witches is imprisoned inside the gearbox!

This first pic makes me cringe a little...

20210416-172439.jpg

..but fortunately it turned out fine.

The arrow indicated the extra retaining screw now into place, not too much of an eye sore. Hopefully that cover will now stay put!

20210416-181847.jpg

• Like 4

Had a follow up doctor appointment this morning and accidentally took the whole day off, so I figured I’d just take the whole day off anyway after the events of the last 2 months, so I got the new plate sticker for my 200, hit the hobby shop I got the battery, tires, and springs on my Jimny at, hit my favorite pretzel place to grab some lunch, the took my Telluride out crawling to get some exercise for it and more importantly, myself!

001(50).jpg
001(49).jpg

It hasn’t lost it’s short course roots in becoming a crawler though.........

001(51).jpg

😁😎😄

• Like 1

Went and picked up these old girls that have been on display at my LHS for 8-12 months! Swapped them over with my Grand Hauler and Knight Hauler. Might give them a dust off and have a play 😎

9K9ARhs.jpg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

STI Nurburgring is one of my favorite bodies. Doing my 2nd one now. 

20210414_000706.jpg

• Like 4

i got some Manta Ray wing dimensions from Ferruz and got a plan on some custom stickers i plane to put on the Manta when its time for it at a later on date. mid may is when some E parts should be available on Ebay which contain the body posts and wing mounting parts to name a few important parts. no sense in painting a body unless you know where the mounting hole are though i should be able to paint a a fair amount of body surfaces that dont include the body post holes.

• Like 1

Weekend RC fun with some RC buddies. Backyard on-road rallying and night trailing.

qYUuPdph.jpg

pKdZFR0h.jpg

oKjTj3jh.jpg

b3BV2XWh.jpg

7lkbLYBh.jpg

XpTtntxh.jpg

D1WqZ0Zh.jpg

mx52eM9h.jpg

• Like 12