Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Took little man to the buggy track. At least he actually got to race this time. 

• Like 2

@Nicadraus your night time pics of your expeditions always bring a smile to my face. They look like 1:1 vehicle expeditions with those lights installed and lighted up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

9yk0Dvs.jpg

I see you got one of those funky 'Southern Hemisphere' lunchboxes too 😄😄

ojc0Hwt.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Public service announcement. 

Don't drink and solder :rolleyes::ph34r::unsure::lol:

Screenshot_20210417_225932.thumb.jpg.442d1ee75f3a98bfc684f3b011629a61.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 5

In other news, which may or may not be related to the above post. I finished the TL01 Celica GT4. 

Screenshot_20210417_225827.thumb.jpg.755d781b9719d7b29cc5e85e53adbd48.jpg

Screenshot_20210417_225818.thumb.jpg.f2fb8be2814230431ae3a1e4d88cbb74.jpg

• Like 6

There used to be a thread here about our tools and toolboxes not long ago. Far from being able to give my contribution to it, I then realized how awfully miserable my tool/toolbox situation was.

I mean, I'm perfectly fine with the not-so-fancy tools I've got and when in need I just get whatever is needed, but it's the toolbox situation that really had to be addressed somehow.

Since I got back into RC around 3 years ago, my main toolbox has been a cardboard one! 

I'm sure the Hornet's inside-box wasn't engineered to see such intense and prolonged use:

20210415-161433.jpg

20210415-161449.jpg

Does it get any more ghetto than this? 😅

So, I've finally decided to treat myself to a proper toolbox. This thing cost me 4 bucks and I got to personalize it with all sort of little Tamiya stickers

20210417-174432.jpg

20210417-174450.jpg

Now every little thing is in order and harmony. What took me so long, I don't know. It felt real good to do that.

I think I had an organizingasm!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

There used to be a thread here about our tools and toolboxes not long ago. Far from being able to give my contribution to it, I then realized how awfully miserable my tool/toolbox situation was.

I mean, I'm perfectly fine with the not-so-fancy tools I've got and when in need I just get whatever is needed, but it's the toolbox situation that really had to be addressed somehow.

Since I got back into RC around 3 years ago, my main toolbox has been a cardboard one! 

I'm sure the Hornet's inside-box wasn't engineered to see such intense and prolonged use:

20210415-161433.jpg

20210415-161449.jpg

Does it get any more ghetto than this? 😅

So, I've finally decided to treat myself to a proper toolbox. This thing cost me 4 bucks and I got to personalize it with all sort of little Tamiya stickers

20210417-174432.jpg

20210417-174450.jpg

Now every little thing is in order and harmony. What took me so long, I don't know. It felt real good to do that.

I think I had an organizingasm!

I approve. A tidy tool box is a tidy mind... or something like that!

3 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Agreed 

Screenshot_20210417_231118.thumb.jpg.b74d0d5aa080125208a5859affe97b61.jpg

:ph34r:

• Haha 5

i got 2 plastic tool boxes, one of them being an older model is 2x-2.5x  bigger than a standard rectangular plastic lunch box. and another medium sized one for other tools. i got 3-4 large storage bins you can find in a dollar store or medium sized at tool/hardware store. the TT02 box just wasnt big enough to take the overflow of a TT02 and Slash set. i had to expand my set to accommodate TD 2021 parts and got another bin today at dollar store for the Manta. i think i have 2 more bins in my future easily...

1 hour ago, Wez-li said:

Public service announcement. 

Don't drink and solder :rolleyes::ph34r::unsure::lol:

Screenshot_20210417_225932.thumb.jpg.442d1ee75f3a98bfc684f3b011629a61.jpg

XYYoWJ0.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

XYYoWJ0.gif

I was soldering new motor wires on, put the iron down, had a drink, looked around for a bit, couldn't find the soldering iron I was just that second using... Then I found it, casually resting on the TL01 chassis :rolleyes:

Ferruz - That's a great start.  I'm kind of a tool freak myself and have a relatively small and yet very functional and portable tool box for my RC stuff.  I've been rebuilding old M38 Wild Willy's and I can immediately tell which owners had proper tools and which did not by looking at how damaged the screw heads and various parts are.  Proper (quality) tools are essential for this hobby and you are definitely on the right track.  Keep it up.

• Like 2

i got the stickers i hope to be made for the Manta sorted out and waiting for a reply from that company. i had them make some small vinyl stickers to put on my daily driver 1-2 years ago. hopefully they can scale down the stickers to a 1:10 RC body.

Finally had some time to look into some things...

- Fix the hex driveshaft on the B-Rat and set up the electronics with the new receiver (no pics but the test drive was a success!)

- rough sand the Grasshopper body and clean it up ready for glue and final sanding

- re-space the wheels on the Hawk for a wider track (actually just returning it to normal by installing bigger hexes for the TRX wheels)

- fabricate new shocks for the front of the Blackfoot and get the electronics ready for the new ESC

Also went for a bash with my cousin, wrecked the Sledgehammer upside down into a giant muddy ditch at my uncle's house but luckily the damage was only cosmetic :ph34r:

bf_frontshocks_update1.jpg

muddy_ditch.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, toyolien said:

Back in school may electronics teacher had a different take and sticker to match - a tidy desk is a sign of a sick mind :lol:

More bashing than fixing lately & the jobs mount up. Going to run some cars later so a few things to do 1st

51122477709_c6587e0f9f_b.jpg

The wide track konghead needs a wheel & the donor vehicle is my souped up Lunchbox shelfer which has WW2 wheels I can take plus they have foams in. Kong got Losi steering arms & we still managed to bend one! Easy fix bent back in line... ish! (This is the before photo :rolleyes: )

51122636318_db91fe9da5_b.jpg

another job is a 2nd fix on the most bashed of all our runners, might need more than glue this time 

51123529710_9aff60fa83_b.jpg

hmm maybe that’s a job for a another (less sunny) day 

have a good one fellas B)

• Like 1

Put in some laps for the Postal Racing in the back yard. The track is difficult - the backyard is only 12m wide, so the 10m long track only just fits. At one end is the Hedge of Death that will grab and eat any car that gets too close, the other end is the wife's pot plants that don't like getting slammed by a high speed car. I put in some laps with both the Comical Hornet and the Neo Scorcher; but I still didn't beat my record that I did in a park at Easter. The wider spaces of the park allowed higher speeds through the turns, our tight backyard is totally unforgiving of any corners taken too wide. The backyard is also not level, witha severe dip towards one side, and a concrete path crosses the track twice, just to mess things up a bit more. I mowed the grass extra low today to try to improve the track, but it only seemed to make the bumps and potholes worse. The most important thing was that we had fun; which we did.

• Like 1

I was supposed to be getting her ready to be sold, not soldered :ph34r:

Screenshot_20210418_113847.thumb.jpg.7edd6e313db20143fbc6cf3b85eb0aa9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cynan said:

Back in school may electronics teacher had a different take and sticker to match - a tidy desk is a sign of a sick mind :lol:

I see where that comes from! 

I enjoy a tidy desk/toolbox when I get to have one because my mind is usually all over the place and therefore not very tidy at all :lol:

Finished my hybrid avante some original parts some re-release parts got the cam-locks of Ebay they are made with 30 years of being nuts! Very well made👍 

20210418_095015.jpg

• Like 10

Lucky find, a Kyosho Vanning!!

I've just picked up this old glory from a local site. It looks so appealing and intimidating at the same time

20210418-132230.jpg

20210418-132111.jpg

20210418-132127.jpg

20210418-132142.jpg

20210418-132213.jpg

20210418-132250.jpg

At a first glance, it looks like it even has some upgrades like bigger shocks, the "one-touch" fuel cap and other spur gears in the spare bag for different gear ratios.

Feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, as this sudden addition to the fleet was not expected at all.

Not sure yet if I will let it go to help financing other, more down to earth, RC projects or if I will take this chance for a dive -a deep one, it seems- into the vintage nitro world. Most likely the second option as this thing is growing on me by the minute, though I want to get some information first, to make sure I'm not biting into more than I'm willing to chew at this moment of my life.

Whatever direction this will take, for now it's just a big Yay! I'm happy to be holding in my hands what feels like a rough, prehistoric mean machine, and to be able to study it a bit and most of all give it a little cleanup.

Cheers!

• Like 8

did a purchase despite the cost..., i like the body style alot and it was on my wishlish for a while. it was out of stock on RCMart and i found 1 on Ebay. the wheel base will be off by huge margin of 3mm for my 257MM TT02 wheel base. now i can just put to rest purchasing any extra body for the TT02 FOREVER (unless they release a Lanevo 7...) im not a big fan/victim of FOMO but this body does bring it up. its all Ebay's fault for sending a email today asking/tempting me to buy this body shell... there were only 2 shells left in stock when i chose to buy 1 shell so im sure that would nag me to the end of the world and this particular shell was hard enough to find as is...

i think i concocted a fair amount of bull to justify this purchase against my better judgement. 

sileighty.png

• Like 3

Broke my Losi Comp Crawler while crawling it for the first time in 8 years...............

001(351).HEIC

It was fun while it lasted though and I was very impressed with the Proline Hyrax as well!

001(53).jpg

001(52).jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1