Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, I got the original Super Champ ready and finished...except I'm missing the silver for the side air intakes :(

As you will see in the pictures, the Testors "Ruby Red" almost looks black on all bars-plastic and alu ones. It was the closest thing to red enamel that I had at hand. Still, it doesn't look totally off. I am liking the project, now only missing the silver detail. I never liked the original rear tires, so while I still have the orig ones, I like to use the old Scorcher paddles for this one. Also, in the future I plan to change the driver's colors for both, clothes and helmet. I'll let you see how it turns out. In the meantime here you have some pictures of the car:

q5v3ByD.jpg

PYVDi3R.jpg

OmyHb82.jpg

3LCC8Mr.jpg

And you know, I really like the quality of the MCI decals. It's only that sometimes you have to keep your eye on them. I thought their Gumout decal was a bit off, so I used instead Budweiser bowties for the sides. Also, see what's wrong with the "GO FOR IT" decal. If you've never seen the original decal you'll probably won't notice how different it is.

xhRNoen.jpg

I'm using a black bumper that @beefmuffin sent me years ago. It is not original, but it is still in tune with the buggy. You guys know the original is not really black.

Still, I am smiling, it took me LONG to reach this point, and I believe the car looks decent at last :)

5NaXlY3.jpg

Thank you @Cooltoys

• Like 17

Forgot to let you see I also got the Cibie decals for my Sand Rover :wub:

6ATSn4U.jpg

Y'all take care and have a good week! :)

• Like 10

so today, i was lucky enough to pick up this vintage yokomo haul, from a chap who only lived 10 miles from me,  consisting of a complete yz-870c, an incomplete yz-870c and a rather nice complete yz10. 

also came with lots of vintage goodies, and a couple of big bags full of spares. i bought the lot as i wanted the yz10 so have decided to sell the rest on, would love to keep them, but need to get some money in the bank. 

listed the 2 x 870c's on ebay and plan to list the spares once i get round to sorting exactly whats there..

yok1.jpg.743a7518a7ba78369b0a065b27fbe8e2.jpgyok2.jpg.22201266b5614e7965d82d09962ab53b.jpgyok3.jpg.33677a604b6b9dba5672daa5f23bae91.jpgyok4.jpg.249584368a21a8665d205d1e889271e4.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, nowinaminute said:

9yk0Dvs.jpg

my favourite picture of the year! 👏😍

Prepped my TT-02 for Wednesday Night Carpet Racing. Installed an oil differential in the front, packed the rear differential with grease, installed front and rear universals, adjustable upper arms, aluminum rear uprights (2.5 degrees), Mini CVAs, and Aluminum Hubs with 6mm offset. It took a very long time, but my first car is now fully upgraded for the track and I'll be racing now. My partner needs to assemble her TT-02R so we can really dig into racing.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, nel33 said:

I think i concocted a fair amount of bull to justify this purchase against my better judgement. 

sileighty.png

No justification required here, you like it, you can afford it, you buy it. It's that simple :)

• Thanks 1

One of our nephews turned 11 this Saturday. He was kinda bummed the pandemic was going to "ruin" two birthdays in a row for him so we figured we'd try to make his day OK even though he didn't get to run around causing mayhem with a bunch of his friends. So we spent the weekend building a WT01 Blackfoot. 

Must say it was a great experience. Props to Tamiya for making instructions so that an 11 year old with no prior experience was able to build it in the course of two days. He asked questions here and there, but I can honestly say that I didn't hold a tool at all, he managed brilliantly on his own. And he loved it. I facetimed his parents and siblings when it was time to give it its first spin, he was so proud holding it up and going 'I built this! I built this!' with sheer excitement and a ton of pride on his face. 

Best weekend in a while. 

tikibygger.jpg

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

toyolien- R2D2 approves!

I think that's an R5 astromech

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Did a bit of plastic welding today, getting rid of the unwanted holes in my MB shelfer shell.

2021-04-19_11-49-27

2021-04-19_11-48-40

There is a bit more sanding required before I move onto primer and paint, but the end result ought to be far more resilient than filler and shouldn't crack out with age.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wez-li said:

No justification required here, you like it, you can afford it, you buy it. It's that simple :)

I find it very hard to disagree with that statement... at the end of the day I will still have 4 shells for 1 tt02 chassis, a 2nd tt02 chassis is NOT a part of the correct solution LOL. my Wangan midnight maximum tune/Initial D collection still will be incomplete even after the 4th shell arrives. I still am missing a Lan EVO7, Mazda Cosmo JCESE  and Subaru SVX. neither of the last 2 were ever made into RC bodies... The SVX itch is partially dealt with as it was the inspiration for my 2nd slash body paint theme. 

I might even try to look for a Hachi-go 1985 Toyota Levin (Not AE86) to try and male it a "fast" looking car.

CXD-OC4a.jpg

JCESE-01-01a.jpg

@toyolien that WW2Willy looks comical on that chassis :).

10 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

One of our nephews turned 11 this Saturday. He was kinda bummed the pandemic was going to "ruin" two birthdays in a row for him so we figured we'd try to make his day OK even though he didn't get to run around causing mayhem with a bunch of his friends. So we spent the weekend building a WT01 Blackfoot. 

Pandemic birthdays are proving to necessitate unusual celebratory methods.  Well done on making his fun.  My son’s 2nd pandemic birthday in a row was almost lost as well, but a few family friends pulled some resources together: https://newsmaven.io/keynewsnetwork/losangeles/whittier-pd-drive-thru-birthday-party-lC69ahpOVUO3PAIvybaCkg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, toyolien said:

Tried a Willy body on my Comical Avante to see how it fits.

20210419_194458.jpg

That looks pretty good!! Thumbsup I presume it is a different chassis than WW2's, am I wrong?

Also, for some time I've been puzzled over your Shakespeare portrait on the back... why would you have it there, any stories?

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Did a bit of plastic welding today, getting rid of the unwanted holes in my MB shelfer shell.

2021-04-19_11-49-27

There is a bit more sanding required before I move onto primer and paint, but the end result ought to be far more resilient than filler and shouldn't crack out with age..

Good job!! Thumbsup

Tried masking and painting the lunchbox.. there was some leak unfortunately but that’s my fault I guess for using 10 year old masking tape!

Still this is a basher so it doesn’t need to be perfect.. and for my first time painting I think it’s quite good :lol:

4FA92083-6960-44CB-BE61-B5F42D68DED6.jpeg

88A9626F-17D5-4613-B734-43EE6B872426.jpeg

4FB6A99E-EF7E-489C-8249-AA6E4A31C215.jpeg

• Like 5

Started painting the Fiat 500 M Chassis side mirrors.

dont have any red spray paint, so i used some Revell email color SM330, I guess it will come out matte.

but yeah...what to do. :lol:

VycHlNI.jpg?1

WbKdfIv.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nel33 said:

I find it very hard to disagree with that statement... at the end of the day I will still have 4 shells for 1 tt02 chassis, a 2nd tt02 chassis is NOT a part of the correct solution LOL. my Wangan midnight maximum tune/Initial D collection still will be incomplete even after the 4th shell arrives. I still am missing a Lan EVO7, Mazda Cosmo JCESE  and Subaru SVX. neither of the last 2 were ever made into RC bodies... The SVX itch is partially dealt with as it was the inspiration for my 2nd slash body paint theme. 

I might even try to look for a Hachi-go 1985 Toyota Levin (Not AE86) to try and male it a "fast" looking car.

CXD-OC4a.jpg

JCESE-01-01a.jpg

@toyolien that WW2Willy looks comical on that chassis :).

Love jdm cars, think my obsession came from gran turismo in the 90's and a bit of initial d :)

Been lucky enough to have owned a Lanevo8 in my time, plus a few others. 

Don't know if you watch the hoonigan channel, but I'd love to do a 1:10 of this Levin 

B)

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Started painting the Fiat 500 M Chassis side mirrors.

dont have any red spray paint, so i used some Revell email color SM330, I guess it will come out matte.

but yeah...what to do. :lol:

VycHlNI.jpg?1

WbKdfIv.jpg

If matte bothers you, I'd ask your wife or girl if you can borrow her nail polish clearcoat.   Should work just fine.  

I too like side mirrors on my m-chassis! (mine are all Mini Coopers). 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Willy iine said:

TurnipJF - Interesting.. have you considered UV resins?

I have used them for other craft projects but I have not considered them for this application, no. I wanted to the body to be monolithic, as all of my attempts at filling body holes previously using materials other than on that of which the body itself was made eventually became visible with age due to different rates of expansion and contraction, different flex characteristics, etc.