Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

raining all day here so spent some time in the man corner this morning. Replaced the body posts on M07R project after I cut them too short :rolleyes:.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Built the M07 today....

vgP8GOg.jpg

dVZUQAr.jpg

Will probably write a new grocery list for them and start hunting for parts now 😏

• Like 9

3 hours ago, gregdogghurst said:

spacer.png

Nice man corner you got there 👍 wow, it's super tidy! Looks almost minimal chic if compared to mine, thanks for the inspiration 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, berman said:

dVZUQAr.jpg

Will probably write a new grocery list for them and start hunting for parts now 😏

Cool, now I don't feel so weird.  Thank you.  :lol:

@greggdoghurst - Your RC space reminds me of the time I visited HPI's HQ in Socal.   Looks real nice.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Nice man corner you got there 👍 wow, it's super tidy! Looks almost minimal chic if compared to mine, thanks for the inspiration 

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

@greggdoghurst - Your RC space reminds me of the time I visited HPI's HQ in Socal.   Looks real nice.

Thanks! We moved house in January and the new place has a basement which I've kind of taken over with RC space/home office and cinema. Wasn't too hard to convince the mrs as I used to have everything on the dining table...

Theres also some built in cupboards to put all the boxes and parts etc. so keeps it tidy

• Like 2

i DL'd Inkscape yesterday and got around to tinkering around with it. i ordered a Lunchbox from Tamiya and plan to give it a movie theme and that included getting some custom text and modded JPG pic to a vector format. the text is easy, the image is average result for a newb tinkering around with some YT instructions help. still havent figured out how to unbind the layers on it but will tinker around more later on to see what i can stumble across.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Cool, now I don't feel so weird.  Thank you.  :lol:

Weird? Nobody's weird here man, we're all just a bunch of grown *** men playing with toy cars, nothing weird about that.. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

berman - Haha, my wife pets me on the head knodding while I talk enthusiastically about Willy.. 

I took the electronics off the 1:18 I recently finished and installed it on Billy's trike so that I can use my DX5Pro.  It was a tight fit.  

IMG_May12021at54513PM.jpg.611b9d739eb23a2f3a83f91e3f81596a.jpg

Then took the X-Rider receiver/ESC combo and installed on the 1:18.  

IMG_May12021at43317PM.jpg.b9550ed7d82b90db89aa37baa4aca452.jpg

• Like 4

Change of clothes for my Hornet today. I've painted this body years ago and only used it for the shelf, it was time for this purple helmeted guy to finally see some action. 

20210501-183206.jpg

20210501-190817.jpg

20210501-190848.jpg

I wish I could say that everything went smoothly, but the shell got baptized :rolleyes:Screenshot-20210501-190458-Video-Player.

Fortuntely not much damage!

Screenshot-20210501-190533-Gallery.jpg

A mallard came out of the blue and landed in the garden, which was pretty cool 😃

20210501-195851.jpg

She expected to be fed, so a few crumbs and seeds were promptly provided. After a while she kept sticking around so I thought I'd double up.  Ps notice the blue bling hop-ups on the side 

20210501-200355.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Change of clothes for my Hornet today. I've painted this body years ago and only used it for the shelf, it was time for this purple helmeted guy to finally see some action. 

20210501-183206.jpg

20210501-190817.jpg

20210501-190848.jpg

I wish I could say that everything went smoothly, but the shell got baptized :rolleyes:Screenshot-20210501-190458-Video-Player.

Fortuntely not much damage!

Screenshot-20210501-190533-Gallery.jpg

A mallard came out of the blue and landed in the garden, which was pretty cool 😃

20210501-195851.jpg

She expected to be fed, so a few crumbs and seeds were promptly provided. After a while she kept sticking around so I thought I'd double up.  Ps notice the blue bling hop-ups on the side 

20210501-200355.jpg

That blue patch on the duck is just slightly darker than your Manta. Great that it stuck arpund for more pics.

Today I got around to the 2nd slash body reinforcement after procrastinating.roof and front fender were done, letting it cure and dry so I can add a bit more to the roof and do the rear body reinforcement and find any spots I missed today. I mucked around with inkscape to get a better pic vectorized of the image I want to put on a lunch box.

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

it was time for this purple helmeted guy to finally see some action. 

Good to know that this is a RC Forum :D

• Haha 5

On 4/30/2021 at 11:44 PM, Ferruz said:

I was deleting stuff on the phone today when I stumbled upon this picture that I saved a while ago, I don' even remember where I found it

Thought I'd share it, because well...

...you know when a friend says "I got a couple rc cars in the shed".. :blink:

RC-CARS.jpg

Food for thoughts 🤔

Hi there, my vote for Mantua Model site, here in Italy. They made a campaign of scrapping for the purchase of new models. They had more than one box like that.

Over the last couple of days I cut 82 decals for the Audi V8, sold my Bullhead and bought a used Wild Dagger.

IMG20210502120133_compress76.thumb.jpg.7d5e4b8df6e6187c78767452d36626c0.jpg

btw: do I have to cut the dotted lines on the stickers? It's long ago that I have build a new shell and I can't find anything in the manual.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mastino said:

Hi there, my vote for Mantua Model site, here in Italy. They made a campaign of scrapping for the purchase of new models. They had more than one box like that.

Oh yes Mantua Model, I'm Italian too so I remember that brand from back in the day! At a closer look, many of the wheels are exactly like the Mantua ones so I'm sure you are right. They were mostly into gas engine models if I remember correctly but they also had one or two electric buggies in their fleet, right? Anyway how sensitive of them to promote scrapping for getting new stuff. 

I'm sure we'd all like to know where that shed is ;)

After @mastino mentioned Mantua Models in his post I got curious and started looking up electric buggies from them. I remember their ads on Topolino (Italian Michey Mouse comic magazine) like it was yesterday, but they were mostly about 1/8 nitro models if I remember correctly?? Mantua Models has been relatively successful for a decade or so back in the day.

Anyway here are a couple electric buggies from them, the Dakota

228768d1333189453-dakota-elettrica-retro

And another one, the Proxima! This one I remember seeing once at my LHS.

They both remind me of other buggies and were probably sharing some components with other brands though not sure.image.png.7ae0bb08693d58766ba46fe243905ae7.png

Anyway cool vintage oddball buggies and it was a nice trip down memory lane (never owned any of these, but drooled over their ads enough to feel the nostalgia!).

• Like 1

I finished reinforcing the 2nd slash body just now, I'm just waiting for it to cure tomorrow. It's been a stick in the mud for me that's been preventing me from working on the other bodies: RX7 FD3S, RSP13 Sileighty and the Manta. I got around to charging the new 4200MAH NIMH Traxxas battery. Gonna take it for a spin today.

• Like 1

Started to fix the OG Clod. It’d lost a wheel during a session at Caesars Camp, local spot which is great for RC. I’d ordered the axle tubes but we needed a hub so progress ground to a halt. 

• Like 1

Took the slash for a run in the park. Half the time I tore up grass the rest were speed runs on asphalt. Droce it agresively and didn't keep track of how long the 4200MAH battery lasted but I went through both 3000 and 4200 capacity batteries. The 2 batteries lasted long enough and the bigger grassy areas were cleared of most stray branches though the grass was a bit moist at times from the rsin 2 days ago. I somehow managed by luck to hit a angled branch near full speed and did a short mild wheelie with the slash :). Played a bit of RC soccer with a ball that was nearby it's owners that wasn't being used at the time.

• Like 1

I spent most of the afternoon fixing a tweaked LWB M38 chassis that had a stubborn alignment problem.  I remember while I rebuilt this chassis that whoever assembled it originally did not assemble the rear suspension/drivetrain properly which caused some parts to bind.    I got it to where it's nearly perfect so I was happy about that.  

Also got my second banner for the table so took a quick snap of my RC shop.  

IMG_May22021at55541PM.jpg.a9f34a319e217fdf004fa62a984695d0.jpg

IMG_May22021at55602PM.jpg.543c6fb212d1d58b1a7516092bc0d59e.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ferruz said:

20210501-190848.jpg

Great photo!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ferruz said:

it was time for this purple helmeted guy to finally see some action

17 hours ago, J@mes said:

@blofeld FYI I thanks to @berman & @TWINSET I ordered the bits from cpc plus some strippers :ph34r:

You two would ever thought of hosting a party together? 😄

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I spent most of the afternoon fixing a tweaked LWB M38 chassis that had a stubborn alignment problem.  I remember while I rebuilt this chassis that whoever assembled it originally did not assemble the rear suspension/drivetrain properly which caused some parts to bind.    I got it to where it's nearly perfect so I was happy about that.  

Also got my second banner for the table so took a quick snap of my RC shop.  

IMG_May22021at55541PM.jpg.a9f34a319e217fdf004fa62a984695d0.jpg

IMG_May22021at55602PM.jpg.543c6fb212d1d58b1a7516092bc0d59e.jpg

That’s a superb in-house RC Shop 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:30 PM, berman said:

Built the M07 today....

vgP8GOg.jpg

dVZUQAr.jpg

Thanks for posting these pics. I showed my wife and told her I could be worse since they're all essentially the same chassis (my words to make me appear better, i know the difference, but implies you have another 50 cars somewhere, clever eh). She rolled her eyes but admitted that my collection is much better being obviously smaller.

In saying that I've moved onto talking about 1:1 toys so maybe she prefers 1:10 toys, especially when a GC8 WRX is $35k now

• Like 2
  • Haha 2