Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Willsls1 said:

This is one of the best looking RC10s I've see bro. 

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Agreed.  For me Ferruz's is the best looking RC10 I've ever seen.   I love the choice in color coordination, choice in wheels, etc.  

WOW, that's quite the statement, thank you so much guys for the kind words and glad you like my RC10 this much :)

Funny thing, it was supposed to be restored as a full time runner, but the body turned out so well it ended up on a shelf for one year! I could never get tired of looking at it, but eventually I got tired of not using it so it's finally on the road again. Now juggling between running the car and trying to keep the aesthetics as pristine as possible, just as I do for most of my buggies.

At this point, here's a few stills of the car that are better than the ones above

20210326-121442.jpg

20210227-214358.jpg

20210227-122756.jpg

Oh, and @Willy iine: your RC shop/room is absolutely awe inspiring. Congrats! Just by looking at the photos, feelings of calmness and fulfilment arise instantly. I hope that someday I'll be able to build up a space like this, although knowing myself I would probably become manic about it and end up working on the floor somewhere else to keep the space tidy and pristine 🤣 

It really is a beautiful RC temple👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks nel33.     I was actually worried about the gross weight of the entire room with the shelves so brought out the schematics for the house to strategically place the book shelves with guidance from building engineers.  I forgot the gross weight but we recently relocated her room so that it can handle another 3000+ books just in case her collection expands. 

wow, thats a good jump in storage space. definitely need to consult the building plans there. im having a hard time visualizing 4000 manga books in 1 room but i have an idea how it may look. i also think her collection might give you a run for your Tamiya exhibition room in price if each book is $15 each. you may or may not want to show her these pics as it might give future storage ideas (and more work for you) . to quote wikipedia:

The Kyoto Manga museum's collection includes approximately 300,000 items as of 2016,[1] with 50,000 volumes of manga that can be accessed and read by visitors and approximately 250,000 items in its closed-stack collection.

ive been there on my 2019 trip to Japan and it was some sight to behold... they took an old school and turned it into a museaum, the accesible books are on the ground floor so i guess the closed sections are on the other floors.

kyoto-musee-manga-4.jpg

manga kyoto2.jpg

manga kyoto.jpg

kyoto manga 2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Aero

Aerobert - Nice job.  And happy bday to your 2nd nephew.  

Is that vinyl you used for the camo pattern?  Looks very cool.  

Thank you. Yes, it's vinyl on an unpainted body.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, Ferruz said:

This was yesterday. I've spent a couple hours brushing grime off the Vanning while on a video call, then serviced the Manta's rear diff and charged a few packs. In the afternoon I ran three cars while enjoying the first sunny Sunday in quite a while.

20210502-183717.jpg

The mallard (now named Misty May by my lady) came back and landed right beside me while I was running the Manta. Great! She even waited for  the end of my run as if she knew she was going to be fed after. Smart duck, as that's exactly what happened.

She's so cute and clearly well used to people. We look forward to her coming back again

20210502-191401.jpg

you have inspired me to get some form of 4wd buggy for a bit of fun, most of the cars i own are vintage and i dont use them, but i can not resist any longer! **** you lol

Buying a used car gave me a cheap china esc with a cool modern red heat sink.

Since I am not a fan of these esc's, they do a great job. I have in my M02 Abarth a cheaper china esc, I decided to swap for this one. Since its red heat sink color suits more the liviry of the car. B)

GdQpNd0.jpg

old esc installed

z1a7FOO.jpg

new esc.

7AqYDab.jpg

• Like 2

Finished my first Big Rig today so I had a drive around the house of course 😁

These things are pretty amazing 👍🏻

F8968C30-D371-4EF7-826F-63851111524A.jpg

7EA8A5A9-8970-4857-8656-EB8AD1BFFE39.jpg

DDE8AF0A-ED66-4341-927B-B10526BBC99D.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So my wife is a huge manga otaku and my son and I built her ~ 4000 book library (over 3500 manga books and hundreds of suspense thriller books) with custom book cases that go from the floor to ceiling full 360 degrees (except for a section for her big screen and entry way) before I made my RC shop so she does not bother me.  :lol: 

It's an awesome wife-cave with recessed ceiling lights (dimmable by remote), raised tatami flooring, mini theater for anime watching, with a working kotatsu.

For those of us that don't speak a word of Japanese, how about enlightening us with some pics of your wife's hobby place of Zen? 😊

14 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Umm, not sure if it really worked, its a bit like saying i drink too much but its ok because he does crack right?

The ones that get me are the Skylines, R32's used to be given away and are now crazy money. Same with RX3s and RX7s. But the RX4s, no one wanted those back in the day and now they're exepnsive. Don't get me started on Evo's should've bought a 3 a couple for $12k...

Yes, even rb converted GTEs lol... RX3s and early RX7s I understand. I got offered a RX3 body with a 10a nosecone from a mates brother when I was in my late teens for $600, and turned my nose up at it, it was straight, but didn't want the hassle of buying a motor and box and the cost of running the thing (most of us were still buying cheap UK dungers for nothing). A couple of years later I buy a S4 RX7, 😂 

34 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

That looks immaculate mate! Nice custom job on the paint 🤩

Its late and I have to start work early, so even putting a UGT motor and Dirt tuned (Maybe I should have gotten a Shelf Tuned? 🤣) with four machine screws and two grub screws was just enough satisfying RC therapy 🤗

AEfXpC2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The ones that get me are the Skylines, R32's used to be given away and are now crazy money. Same with RX3s and RX7s. But the RX4s, no one wanted those back in the day and now they're exepnsive. Don't get me started on Evo's should've bought a 3 a couple for $12k...

You could always build a 1:1 special mate, 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

That is superb!! Well done mate 🤠👍

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

agreed she looks amazing:wub: well done if you can do the steering mod as i have jut done on my grand hauler and will do on my merc when the other rod turn's up

• Thanks 1

Drew up a replacement bumper for my Kawada SV10 Alcyon from a used one that came on my second Alcyon 

Kawada-SV10-bumper.jpg

And took some pictures of a couple of the new chassis that came in recently from the Japanese auctions :) 

09-B0640-1.jpg

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Tizer said:

And took some pictures of a couple of the new chassis that came in recently from the Japanese auctions :) 

09-B0640-1.jpg

These all look nice!

What are the good Japanese auction sites and are they easy to use ?

Got commissioned to build a TT02D for a customer of my LHS... 

Never built one before... the shiny plastic scares me 😬

zlmCupQ.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

berman- I have a TT02B (Neo Scorcher) and I too was amazed how much plastic can be used on the drivetrain.  To my surprise, the car actually drives quite well.  

• Like 1

i think i may have angered my newest resident today. he "borrowed" some "tools" from my Gundam collection. he harassed/destroyed?? a random Gundam for a beam saber and stole 2 sword from 1/144 Strike Noire. the repair/replacement costs arent covered by insurance. i think i should've waited for a deal where i could atleast bought one that had a tail/sword or even that shark gun...

IMG_4459a.jpg

IMG_4461a.jpg

the 2 different size hands are obvious in dimensions but the Strike Noire sword is quite fitting for him...

• Like 1

I often drive by a park with some big hills that I've been eyeing for a good couple years now. It's always quite crowded, and the few times that it was free I didn't have any RC with me. 

Until today! I finally got to bomb those hills with the Manta ray, it really felt good to fly it off those bumps B)

20210506-215206.jpg

Screenshot-20210506-130302-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210506-130205-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210507-000208-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210507-000301-Video-Player.

...whoops😅Screenshot-20210506-214239-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210506-130131-Video-Player.

There were a few high speed tumbles, but it got back home in one piece

20210507-000013.jpg

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Ferruz said:

@rwordenjr well done, I definitely approve! Can't wait to see how it goes :D

What motor/esc do you have in yours ? I had a scare earlier.. I used a tx that had low batteries unknowingly and the hornet took off full speed by itself right into a real car. 

19 hours ago, Willy iine said:

berman- I have a TT02B (Neo Scorcher) and I too was amazed how much plastic can be used on the drivetrain.  To my surprise, the car actually drives quite well.  

It could partially be because I just built the M07 with all its carbon reinforced goodness, but the shiny plastic felt like it might be/become brittle, especially compared to the chassis etc.

I won't be driving this, so my involvement in this car will end once the wheels go on. The owner is going to sort the body. Just chassis and electronics for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, berman said:

It could partially be because I just built the M07 with all its carbon reinforced goodness, but the shiny plastic felt like it might be/become brittle, especially compared to the chassis etc.

I won't be driving this, so my involvement in this car will end once the wheels go on. The owner is going to sort the body. Just chassis and electronics for me.

That sounds ideal to me, building the chassis is the best bit.

Went racing today, in the 1:1 car.  Day 1 of a 24hour race over 3 days. Only 3 hours on track today, most of the race is over the weekend. @bermanat Hampton Downs if you're bored, its really low key so full pit access etc...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, berman said:

I too am a big fan of dual deck CF chassis!  Which reminds me, I am supposed to take pictures of my various m-chassis and post in the m-chassis thread.   

Most of my Tamiya's, besides my M-Four, are mostly all plastic chassis so I guess I am use to having lots of plastic..  :D

Got the wheels on the Pizzabuggy. Team Associated RC10 b6.3d. It has been a struggle but I just need to adjust the turnbuckles and do a little soldering, then she's ready for club racing. I've waited so long for this. 

F1A02FDD-6FF6-4AA7-B4AC-BAB2BCD2F785.jpeg

D01E825A-53FD-4EA7-ADAE-4E3B53132BBB.jpeg

• Like 3

Today i`ve learned how to post Youtube Videos without showing my Account.

Here is a little presentation of that WLtoys K969 Drift Car with an BBurago Body on it.

I glued Legobrickt to the Body and to the Chassis.

• Like 2