Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the weekend I painted the revive topforce Shell could not find the colours in the ps paints at lhs due to stock so i used ts paint instead .

please be aware the decals are in no way made for the shell i had to make them fit 

as you can see the windows are unpainted as i may 1.1 car window tint them 

Ts-65 pearl clear and then backed with Ts-29 semi gloss black. And to me the finish is fantastic but hard to picture.

So i present the JPS topforce.

IMG_20210524_133251.jpg

IMG_20210524_155712.jpg

IMG_20210524_155743.jpg

• Like 17

8 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

build some lego, a Star Wars Imperial Shuttle, the Lamborghini speed champions set and this lego RC car. Will attempt to drive it at some point. Almost I must say the steering slop doesn't inspire confidence! 

had another go at printing stickers,

recent-purchases-2021_05_24-7.jpeg

are those stickers for the RC body? they look like they turned out great.

Pretty much just sat there playing with tyre and wheel sets last night after the kids went to bed... it got me thinking... I love seeing the scale garages of the likes of @toyolien @SRB Bloke and IBTK.. (sorry cannot remember your username, Rob) :edit: @IBIFTKH and I think @Willy iine etc that I am half tempted to give a scale tyre shop a go 🤔 not sure if I can do it justice, but it sure beats a worn out dinning table as a backdrop!😄

W8BFwQR.jpg

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yogi-bear, please sell M38 Wild Willy decals on eBay!  :D

hmm, I'll see what I can do :D artwork might take be a little while though.

29 minutes ago, nel33 said:

are those stickers for the RC body? they look like they turned out great.

cheers, yeah, I have a couple of hunters to restore and about the same time as @silvertriple started his build thread, I got my printer. I'd already started setting up the stickers, so seemed an easy first test. It took me a few goes to get it right though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

cheers, yeah, I have a couple of hunters to restore and about the same time as @silvertriple started his build thread, I got my printer. I'd already started setting up the stickers, so seemed an easy first test. It took me a few goes to get it right though.

nice, i got some ideas for custom stickers of my own for 2 RC kits myself. neither kit is completely built for lack of parts to continue the build but the plans are there.

• Like 1

@berman definitely go for the wheel/tire rack.  :D  I used hardwood since my M38 tires are pretty heavy especially with inserts inside, but I think Balsawood will do just fine for your m-chassis wheels and tires.  I don’t plan on making a scale garage as it would just get too big for my RC space.   What I need is a full sized shelf to display my shelf queen box art M38.

Finished the used Willy head and placed on a Billy torso.   I think I’m going to go hunt for another LWB..  

IMG_May242021at40805PM.jpg.4465542e4e3174feaee830ebf83ddc2e.jpg

Besides this I painted the 5844 Pajero’s bumpers.  Definitely a pain with all the masking when using sprays.  :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

Sounds great!   Honestly selfish me only needs the hood “U.S.A. 2051312” decals if you can make even just those that would be FANTASTIC.   I mean if you can generate the entire sheet that would be great too, but it’s really those numbers in white I can’t print at home.  

1 hour ago, berman said:

Pretty much just sat there playing with tyre and wheel sets last night after the kids went to bed... it got me thinking... I love seeing the scale garages of the likes of @toyolien @SRB Bloke and IBTK.. (sorry cannot remember your username, Rob) and I think @Willy iine etc that I am half tempted to give a scale tyre shop a go 🤔 not sure if I can do it justice, but it sure beats a worn out dinning table as a backdrop!😄

W8BFwQR.jpg

Do it. That's a nice amount of wheels/tires to make a nice start. My only advice would be to do it very slowly. Make the walls and base, paint them and screw then together. Then take your time and add some nice things piece by piece. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

• Like 1

Got my schumacher cougar laydown 95% complete and it's been years since I built a schumacher car other than my XLS and topcat and those two were challenging to build especially the XLS! This cougar laydown was an absolute dream and a total pleasure to build went together seamlessly just read the instructions carefully because the tunibility of this buggy is amazing!  you can tune it practically hundreds of different ways with shims and different shock positions (front mounted rear mounted) different chassis heights!.....its just endless! 

20210524_215807.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, topforcein said:

So i present the JPS topforce.

IMG_20210524_155712.jpg

IMG_20210524_155743.jpg

Oh yes, very smart 👍🏻

• Like 1

Got an hour or two to plumb in the Fighting Buggy rear end and put the front shocks together.

It took a bit of faffing around to get the air bubbles out of the oil tube but got there in the end.

It’s quite a piece of miniature engineering the rear suspension set up, I’m not sure how the 11 year old me would have gone trying to do it back then 😉

A6595745-1C06-4ACF-A4AF-9290C01E3BB5.jpg

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Sounds great!   Honestly selfish me only needs the hood “U.S.A. 2051312” decals if you can make even just those that would be FANTASTIC.   I mean if you can generate the entire sheet that would be great too, but it’s really those numbers in white I can’t print at home.  

too easy, I'll PM you.

9 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Finished cleaning and upgrading my arrma outcast today and took a few pictures. Sorry its not a tamiya guys.

IMG_0949

IMG_0946

I like the Outcast 😎 I actually wouldn't mind an 8s Outcast, and a Mojave. I have a Granite BLX 3s, it's a great little truck 😁

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@berman definitely go for the wheel/tire rack.  :D  I used hardwood since my M38 tires are pretty heavy especially with inserts inside, but I think Balsawood will do just fine for your m-chassis wheels and tires.  I don’t plan on making a scale garage as it would just get too big for my RC space.   What I need is a full sized shelf to display my shelf queen box art M38.

Finished the used Willy head and placed on a Billy torso.   I think I’m going to go hunt for another LWB..  

IMG_May242021at40805PM.jpg.4465542e4e3174feaee830ebf83ddc2e.jpg

Besides this I painted the 5844 Pajero’s bumpers.  Definitely a pain with all the masking when using sprays.  :D

Thank you! That probably would be the first accessory I would attempt. Maybe a trolley jack or something. I think a 2 or 4 post would be quite far down the track as far as building goes 😄

Another cracking job on the Willy there! 😯

7 hours ago, toyolien said:

Do it. That's a nice amount of wheels/tires to make a nice start. My only advice would be to do it very slowly. Make the walls and base, paint them and screw then together. Then take your time and add some nice things piece by piece. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Cheers, all advice appreciated! Yeah the walls and how its painted would be the biggie. If i can get it even somewhat close to the realism yours has, I am doing beyond my skill set. Will go for the walls and base first, thank you! 🙂 Ummm.. and that's not all the wheels and tyres ☺

• Like 2

Moved house yesterday and we are in!

Final exit stages with the old house today and then we hand the keys back tomorrow.

Scaffolding is going up here tomorrow and then the loft conversion starts next Tuesday. 

Great to be a back in our own home again after a 4 year hiatus.

I have zero plans to move in the next few years aside from death or another divorce 😂

• Like 5

12 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Finished cleaning and upgrading my arrma outcast today and took a few pictures. Sorry its not a tamiya guys.

IMG_0949

IMG_0946

What upgrades? I do like the Arrma stuff, got a 6S Notorious myself :ph34r:

• Like 1

Congratulations @Grumpy pants! After the badword of moving house comes the living badword of building work :D

Nevertheless, a relief to get your new property, I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing your new garage @berman. A scale garage is on my wish list but after my wooden JK load bed went banana-shaped, I realised that my 1:1 garage is too damp!

I'm slowly working with Mrs BC on a renovation plan for 'Crumble Towers. I've not secured agreement for a home office / workshop so I've scaled back to replacing my 1958 pre-fab garage like-for-like with a modern pre-fab.

In more TC-related news, I've ordered some bits for my DevHack Mini and Dual Hunter re-furb projects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Congratulations @Grumpy pants! After the badword of moving house comes the living badword of building work :D

Nevertheless, a relief to get your new property, I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing your new garage @berman. A scale garage is on my wish list but after my wooden JK load bed went banana-shaped, I realised that my 1:1 garage is too damp!

I'm slowly working with Mrs BC on a renovation plan for 'Crumble Towers. I've not secured agreement for a home office / workshop so I've scaled back to replacing my 1958 pre-fab garage like-for-like with a modern pre-fab.

In more TC-related news, I've ordered some bits for my DevHack Mini and Dual Hunter re-furb projects.

Thank you, it's going to be a very slow labourous job I think, but hope to make a start in the next few weeks. 

Sorry to hear about your garage being damp. I hope you can get something sorted with her indoors 🤞

I used to have a whole hobby room, then had kids so everything went in the garage, now the garage is full of everything else, and I have a linen closet that she keeps mentioning she wants back...

😄 oh well.

Had a crack at the MX-5 with the micron tape, is much fiddlier than the 0.7mm, and harder to lay straight...

N4zdlhm.jpg

r90QTNT.jpg

• Like 9

Opened up the M07RR build this morning and moved it on a bit; dampers, damper mount, front stabiliser and rear suspension mounts:

spacer.png

The dampers were quite interesting. They're the 42355 Super Short Big Bore+, and as part of the build you have to drill a 1mm hole through the upper mount that threads through the cylinder cap. Managed to drill straight through and into my thumb on the first one which hurt a lot and bled for ages :rolleyes:, and the fit onto the ball connector nuts is super tight

Then attaching the front stabiliser is also pretty fiddly...there is a lot packed into that front end with very little room for manoeuvre. Getting those connector rods in and attached to the front uprights was an exercise in patience...kind of wished I had three hands

spacer.png

But where I really needed that extra hand was attaching the rear suspension mounts, which includes the mounts, suspension shaft, suspension balls and spacers, plus two washers between the rear-most suspension mount and the chassis. All loose until you get the screws to bite on the lock nuts, which are dropped into recesses inside the chassis. That part of it is very neat!

spacer.png

Phew! It's set up for medium 225mm wheelbase ready for the Alfa Giulia shell that is going to sit on it :)

• Like 4

Finished building the G6-01 chassis today. 

When looking to get my then 6 year old his first RC car last year, I was nudging him towards a Lunchbox or a Monster Beetle, because those were the ones I wished I had when I was a kid. Being a 6 year old, he chose the bright yellow King Yellow G6-01 school bus. I wasn't entirely convinced, thought it looked odd with 6 wheels and wasn't old-school enough, but respected his choice. To my surprise it's a lot of fun to drive, even with a silver can, and handles well if 4WS is turned down a bit. It doesn't have the nostalgia I personally associate with Tamiya but it still has all the quirky charms I think a Tamiya should have. It's so good in fact I recently got myself one too, albeit with the Konghead body and a couple of hop-ups.

IMG_0868s.thumb.jpg.379d460630248ff13dfc98ce9d6479a8.jpgIMG_0866s.thumb.jpg.6aeaf01e7a39463e9fb856e55b75e8ce.jpgIMG_0861s.thumb.jpg.9dfd82bc7f0a0c7b079a13e84d9ecba9.jpgIMG_0860s.thumb.jpg.2880093c5ff8f09c631d916184f2a695.jpgIMG_0862s.thumb.jpg.5ac72e723b697a655c7d6df3e0255495.jpgIMG_0864s.thumb.jpg.192ed4c9a44dcd898b7622627cf6599f.jpgIMG_0850s.thumb.jpg.cf845d3f2585d157f2ddc920c569c69c.jpg

• Like 18

7 hours ago, berman said:

Thank you! That probably would be the first accessory I would attempt. Maybe a trolley jack or something. I think a 2 or 4 post would be quite far down the track as far as building goes 😄

Another cracking job on the Willy there! 😯

Sounds good.  For the bolt/nail heads I used thick silver enamel dots using toothpicks.  2 post would be very cool indeed.  Your Miata looks very good!  

Thanks on Willy.   I finished the shovel and axe for the SWB#2 this morning.   

IMG_May252021at82120AM.thumb.jpg.a657b78b22df8e9dc47897d0869495a3.jpg

• Like 5

I think you forgot to put a rope or chain of some sort to keep those chocks as a unit... 

34 minutes ago, nel33 said:

I think you forgot to put a rope or chain of some sort to keep those chocks as a unit... 

It’s connected together under the tires.  It’s actually just a deterrent to focus your eyes on the chocks vs seeing the stand under the car that floats the entire chassis off the table.  

Oh yeah, I ordered another LWB NIB.  :P

• Like 1