Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

It’s connected together under the tires.  It’s actually just a deterrent to focus your eyes on the chocks vs seeing the stand under the car that floats the entire chassis off the table.  

Oh yeah, I ordered another LWB NIB.  :P

Nice, you hid the connection well that way. That little flat pice under the tire is sleek. All the pics of size relevant items are amazing. It's like a real vehicle...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nel33 said:

Nice, you hid the connection well that way. That little flat pice under the tire is sleek. All the pics of size relevant items are amazing. It's like a real vehicle...

Thanks it’s a clear polycarbonate sheet.   I like the M38 because it’s like a part plastic model, part RC.  It’s really a joy to build/restore, drive, and just look at.  

• Like 1

Managed to get a Supra 2000 to add to the collection. So thought I'd take a photo of the Castrol boys together.

20210525_173506.jpg

Very nice indeed, Hairyjon313!   

While typing your handle I was like what the heck am I typing??!  :lol:

10 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

What upgrades? I do like the Arrma stuff, got a 6S Notorious myself :ph34r:

For upgrades i have rpm arms, 6s shocks as my 4s had leaky shocks and team associated turnbuckle balls.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Sounds good.  For the bolt/nail heads I used thick silver enamel dots using toothpicks.  2 post would be very cool indeed.  Your Miata looks very good!  

Thanks on Willy.   I finished the shovel and axe for the SWB#2 this morning.   

IMG_May252021at82120AM.thumb.jpg.a657b78b22df8e9dc47897d0869495a3.jpg

Thats a great idea! It all helps! 

Sometimes you see people on here come up with ideas that you would never think of in a million years, and that's what's so great about this hobby. Everyone has a different eye for detail. I feel like going around some old man caves and tyre shops and nicking ideas 😄

That looks gorgeous! I can't believe you've bought another one... oh wait, yes I can 😄 no doubt it will be another stellar M38 🤘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Managed to get a Supra 2000 to add to the collection. So thought I'd take a photo of the Castrol boys together.

20210525_173506.jpg

Your Castrol team looks SO sweet 😛 congrats!!

This was yesterday evening. Took out the Big Boss for a specifically bouncy run to see if it would shake off the skateboard detail I've added to the back tray. Despite the roughness, it didn't shift a hair and the elastic band isn't noticeable while in motion so for now it will stay just like that.

20210524-234010.jpg

20210524-191951.jpg

Screenshot-20210524-234557-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210524-233941-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210524-234332-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210524-233924-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210524-234638-Video-Player.

• Like 6

Did a bit more on my schumacher laydown I haven't bothered with installing the electrics until I get the body back from getting a team spray job (hopefully joining a racing team) 🤞 I've been told it's more of a social get together on a Sunday which is perfect I can never join a weekday club because of long working hours so a Sunday leisurely get together sounds perfect👍 

20210525_194550.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Hairyjon313 said:

20210525_173506.jpg

Diggin’ that Castrol collection!

• Like 1

Apologies for big post, but this was a bit interesting. You may beg to differ! But anyway...

Finished the hopped-up M07R today. Lovely build, very small and fiddly compared to TCs and buggies, lots of patience needed, but it feels beautifully conceived and designed.

spacer.png

Then I came to fit the body, an Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA. I built the chassis to medium 225mm wheelbase, but it's a shell clearly not intended for the M07. The pre-marked body post holes are fine at the front but way out at the back, and it will never fit over the bumper

Still, I'm stubborn, so...

For starters, I flipped the rear body posts around. For 225mm they're supposed to angle forwards but that put them somewhere in the Alfa's roof. Turning them around gets them into the rear window. Still miles away from the pre-marked drill holes mind...

spacer.png

The front holes were straightforward, drilled through on the marks. Those rear body posts are incredibly long, so it was impossible to line the shell up fore and aft to get a good line on where to drill the rear holes. So I ended up turning the shell literally head to toe, threading the nose over the rear posts to get the tail down low enough over the front posts to mark it up for drilling

That did the trick

spacer.png

Flipped back facing the right way, here's how far out the marked holes are

spacer.png

So now the shell fits perfectly on the chassis :) Just not over the bumper :(

spacer.png

But with the bumper removed, all is good :D

spacer.png

The shell still needs a bit of work around the arches to be perfect, but I'm calling this a win!

Just need to fettle some kind of bumper now, and have got one of these urethane blocks to see what I can muster

spacer.png

Where there's a will there's a way...

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks it’s a clear polycarbonate sheet.   I like the M38 because it’s like a part plastic model, part RC.  It’s really a joy to build/restore, drive, and just look at.  

I've seen a vehicle grade version on the roads in the past, one of those ww2 jeeps that can be assembled in under 1-2hrs in the last 5 years once. It's likely in the garage complex I saw it enter back then.

Willy is getting a bit impatient as it is taking me forever to paint his car.. and FedEx apparently lost my box of TS70 last week so I had to place another order today.. Need one more can to finish..  

IMG_May252021at45904PM.jpg.49e8b62d34a4e8f8f00b039225d01182.jpg

Also causing trouble..

IMG_May252021at50708PM.jpg.7a4e80d26e42a6658e41aa56161dc85f.jpg

Just a test fit, but looks like the mount for him works well.   He sits snug even while popping a wheelie.  
IMG_May252021at61342PM.jpg.2e2fdf9914e1610f8b7286970f52de28.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, moffman said:

Did a bit more on my schumacher laydown I haven't bothered with installing the electrics until I get the body back from getting a team spray job (hopefully joining a racing team) 🤞 I've been told it's more of a social get together on a Sunday which is perfect I can never join a weekday club because of long working hours so a Sunday leisurely get together sounds perfect👍 

20210525_194550.jpg

This sounds like the perfect club. I would gladly join such type of get together myself if there ever was one in my area. I hope you'll have fun racing your Laydown!

• Like 1

Getting ready for Saturday's run. Cleaned them and upgraded the FF-03RR's ESC from HW 1060 to 1080.

xwuGui8h.jpg

slSwIsqh.jpg

sELhUOah.jpg

Been running them every Saturday for almost two months now. Always looking forward to the weekend. :)

• Like 10

No joke, I love everything I see on this page. That is all. :wub:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Hairyjon313 said:

20210525_173506.jpg

you need the castrol pure racing primera to add to them beaut's

Replaced the stock wheels and tires on my landfreeder with 1.9 inch rubber for better off-roading. 

IMG_20210526_130149_Bokeh__01.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

you need the castrol pure racing primera to add to them beaut's

I didn't even think about adding it to be honest. 

Screenshot_20210526-192549_Gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, phantomRC said:

Replaced the stock wheels and tires on my landfreeder with 1.9 inch rubber for better off-roading. 

IMG_20210526_130149_Bokeh__01.jpg

Very nice!   

Decided to get the tt02 prop shaft and hotshot drive cups to upgrade my terra scorcher prop shaft the other day. All the parts arrived today so while the gf was on Zoom with friends I set about fitting it. Swapped the 1150 bearings for some nice fresh rubber sealed units as they're exposed to a bit of dirt, cleaned up the 'thrust' bearing arrangement of the plastic and metal washers and regreased them. I used the dremel to cut a little groove in the bulkhead in front of the battery and to extend the slot for the driveshaft at the rear gearbox end slightly. Bit concerned now it is together that a red o-ring in each drive cup was a bit too much, but it doesn't seem unhappy when running it up on the stand and I guess it's better to be a little tight than have the drive cups coming out.

Has anyone any suggestions for an uprated servo saver? I have a kimbrough mid sized one but it's too large to fit without hitting the bumper.

20210526_204211

20210526_204215

20210526_210404

20210526_214115

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 1:23 PM, yogi-bear said:

too easy, I'll PM you.

it seems you don't accept messages! Maybe it's a subscription thing.

2 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

it seems you don't accept messages! Maybe it's a subscription thing.

doh! seems I replied to myself rather than @Willy iine  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Very nice!   

Thanks! I still need to test it and make sure nothing rubs but as is everything just barely clears. 

• Like 1