Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Driveforfun said:

Broke out the Heavy Dump Truck to haul some imaginary construction materials for my son (wood, metal, and special tools for those curious). This thing can be alot of fun if you let it do its thing! Has a Traxxas brushed esc and 550 sized motor, which has been perfect for this chassis. Also has an automated dump feature (aka papa wheelie)

JPEG_20210531_121531_compress92.thumb.jpg.109cfd3b4707bb3e63532319445a8896.jpg

I’ll admit that Trucks and Comicals leave me cold, but there really is something about this dumper… I think it’s memories of Tonka toys from my childhood 😃

• Like 1

Cut out a bumper to fit the Giulia shell / M07R combo

spacer.png

It’s definitely more narrow than stock, but it will be better than nothing and now the shell sits flat on the chassis, which is nice 😊 

spacer.png

• Like 15

I broke my sand viper - after less than 5minutes 😂

Haven't found any 'stock' replacement parts for sale - but plenty of aluminum versions. Anybody suggest where to get a stock part, or is it better to upgrade to aluminum?

PXL_20210601_101932031.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

I’ll admit that Trucks and Comicals leave me cold, but there really is something about this dumper… I think it’s memories of Tonka toys from my childhood 😃

Hey, I’m all about the comicals and trucks, man!  What the heck.  

(I’m just kidding). :lol:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Hey, I’m all about the comicals and trucks, man!  What the heck.  

(I’m just kidding). :lol:

Ha! I know…sorry man! One of the beauties of the hobby and this community is that there’s something for everyone, and while it might not ALL be what you’re into, you can always admire someone’s craft or skill or expertise 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This popped up on my Instagram today. Apologies if it was already posted elsewhere. Caption said it was designed and built by Billy Yip with a 3D printer. I think it's amazing and thought it was worth sharing!

No photo description available.

• Like 14

8 hours ago, mcvwuk said:

Haven't found any 'stock' replacement parts for sale - but plenty of aluminum versions. Anybody suggest where to get a stock part, or is it better to upgrade to aluminum?

this store is popular for tamiya items

Tamiya DT03 DT02 Rear Wheel Hub and Hex B Parts (rcmart.com)

Tamiya Left & Right Upright For DT03 (rcmart.com)

• Like 1

Went to beach today. Here's a Blitzer Beetle in his natural habitat😉:

IMG20210601145653_compress93.thumb.jpg.de3f529b881b62018c26013079873e1c.jpg

The Blitzer is powered by a brushless system with 3500 - 4000 KV ( honestly I currently don't know). I've started the run with kit tires which is already a lot of fun. But then changed to Pro-Line Sand Paws and this was amazing and unbelievable fast. Unfortunately the run time of the battery is much shorter than with the kit tires. So it was a short fun. But I still have more than a week here and so I will have a lot more runs. 

20210601_212459.gif.b5b7823e2e4e4c3257444c9eab9468fd.gif

20210601_212759.gif.18f47bf2178a6f9db7ec37d6247a0b67.gif

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Room335 said:

This popped up on my Instagram today. Apologies if it was already posted elsewhere. Caption said it was designed and built by Billy Yip with a 3D printer. I think it's amazing and thought it was worth sharing!

That is awesome!

18 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

Went to beach today. Here's a Blitzer Beetle in his natural habitat😉:

IMG20210601145653_compress93.thumb.jpg.de3f529b881b62018c26013079873e1c.jpg

The Blitzer is powered by a brushless system with 3500 - 4000 KV ( honestly I currently don't know). I've started the run with kit tires which is already a lot of fun. But then changed to Pro-Line Sand Paws and this was amazing and unbelievable fast. Unfortunately the run time of the battery is much shorter than with the kit tires. So it was a short fun. But I still have more than a week here and so I will have a lot more runs. 

20210601_212459.gif.b5b7823e2e4e4c3257444c9eab9468fd.gif

20210601_212759.gif.18f47bf2178a6f9db7ec37d6247a0b67.gif

This is what footage from heaven would look like! Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

Prepared my FF03 tonight, I have some free time tomorrow in the morning and will install the motor I received this morning. Same gearing as before (35T/76T) with the TBLM01 8T which was rated at something like 5700kv-ish. This is 3900kv and I believe a small can rotor but would not know. Maybe I open it tomorrow if its a easy job. 

bd6v4yZ.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, mcvwuk said:

That is the only part I have ever broken on my DT-02, so when I built my DT-03T which uses the same suspension,  I fitted alloy upgrades as the arms and chassis are plenty strong enough. I use GPM ones from Asiatees. So far no breakages, even with bigger wheels and tyres fitted. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Room335 said:

What a thing :o I think I like it! Thanka for sharing!

@Aerobert car, location and tirers all look sweeeeeet!! B)

@Re-Bugged your FB is coming together nicely, can't wait to see the final result! 👍

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Prepared my FF03 tonight, I have some free time tomorrow in the morning and will install the motor I received this morning. Same gearing as before (35T/76T) with the TBLM01 8T which was rated at something like 5700kv-ish. This is 3900kv and I believe a small can rotor but would not know. Maybe I open it tomorrow if its a easy job. 

bd6v4yZ.jpg

Is this how a sensorless brushless motor looks from inside? Normal size rotor I would say and looks very simple. Where is the hi tech brushless technology inside? I guess only the sensored sistems have the circuit boards inside

0VyK2yw.jpg

lubed up the bearings a bit while there already!

ltPOUqU.jpg

• Like 1

At last, I changed out the rear bearings as they were completely trashed, new year racing bearings installed. I had 6x of them spare new.

and new wheel nuts in the rear.

4zebQaV.jpg
QMf0mCR.jpg

the front bearings and steering bearings were maintained somewhere on the beginning of this year with a universal cvd drive shafts. I believe I might later this year replace the oil in gear diff if I get to run it. I am missing a 60A sensorless esc of ebay for 16€ and I am ready to go.

W1NzQqu.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383440128877

• Like 1

Painted the rest of the black trims.   Again all freehand.. taking me forever to do.   

I should be able to finish tomorrow.  

IMG_Jun22021at61722PM.jpg.04015ac9e6a8615fb9ceb3a0315b66df.jpg

• Like 3

got the tire foam for the lunchbox in and after a bit of fussing around got the rubber treads facing the right direction for the 4 tires.

not even rc related but I made this funny mix of the incident this morning near the town where I live at. In Dubrovnik the Rimac Nevera hit the open public road with 230km/h, speed limit there is 110km/h.

I aded quickly the music of the coca coca commercial ''Best Ever - Try it''. I thought it would be funny as this car had supposed to be deliverd to a potential customer near by.

on the end it says '' I need to TRY IT FIRST'' ahahaha amazing.

Also the wheater forcast is calling for cloud wind and rain. The mediterian storm is called Nevera, so is the car build by Rimac. And this incident, in my opinion is good marceting creativity. As we are awaiting a Nevera storm this sunday. It all sums up. The name never will be draged through the news this weekend, as for this incident or the wheater forcast.

Basically finished the car, but the windows have a bunch of scuffs so before I place the top banner decals going to polish it.  I think I like the simple white finish.  

IMG_Jun32021at53046PM.thumb.jpg.9b2c21377dea616e37955f3054b11763.jpg

IMG_Jun32021at53105PM.jpg.3e54495afbfddfd90ecbc0989f855854.jpg

Update:  Quick polish with #1500-2000 and orange pad with ScratchX on my 3” diameter random orbital.   

IMG_Jun32021at65624PM.jpg.c7c8f50ad86f26eed3c5fbf1f0fb5e08.jpg

• Like 7

To me it does not warrant spending much time or effort on these partial driver figures so quickly improved Tamiya’s Honda City Turbo driver’s face..

Paint is still wet..

IMG_Jun42021at33313PM.jpg.9237b3b017814126fff97ec24d47ccaa.jpg

IMG_Jun42021at33327PM.jpg.3da0d9608759a844c9812a4c68d8196d.jpg

• Like 6

I worked on setting up the RTR Honda City.  The factory friction dampers were too high damped so removed the inner tubes, and the spring rates were not ideal for my liking so swapped them out as well.  

Also eyeball corner balanced using perches and swapped out the servo, ESC, and receiver so I can run off my DX5Pro.  Now this car drives like it should.  

IMG_Jun42021at85632PM.jpg.fb944f0e4d77fe49309c1c509cf5d971.jpg

• Like 3

Bought a NIB stadium blitzer on eBay for a badword of a price. The seller still has a few more if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1