Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Experimented with Bondic as a body filler.....

0897A03C-7383-46AD-850C-2C07E0B34362.jpeEBEBBF97-20D7-4CF3-8F8D-AF7F0A00A0E2.jpeC69CFA4D-5332-4394-B875-4D90FA0847EF.jpe

I’m liking it so far!

• Like 5

Brought a set of 3d printed hubs for the merc truck and reefa trailer a month or so back and could not decide how to paint them so I thought I would try the chrome pen and it turned out ok. Really surprised how Good the finish is 

IMG_20210605_122620.jpg

IMG_20210605_122439.jpg

• Like 7

On 6/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, Juhunio said:

Cut out a bumper to fit the Giulia shell / M07R combo

spacer.png

It’s definitely more narrow than stock, but it will be better than nothing and now the shell sits flat on the chassis, which is nice 😊 

spacer.png

Is this one done? Hoping to see some more photos!

• Like 1

Took one of my Hotshots out for a spin at my old elementary school playground early this morning with the family. I would have been playing here, back in the day, around the time the Hotshot originally came out. Watching it scoot around on simple silvercan power, 4wd throwing debris everywhere, its fun to remember just how amazing this car was when it came out. Certainly,  the cat's meow. Still brings a smile to my face. 

20210605_082649 (2) 20210605_081815 (2)

• Like 7

Got quite a bit done today. Cleaned up the workspace a bit, installed a team associated CR380 crawler motor into my sons Mountain Warrior Sport, which should now be pretty good on a 2s lipo with a Hobbywing 1060 ESC.  Also added some new rib-spike tires to the front wheels of my DT-02 in the contiued search for more grip on grass. Aaaand... I finished my Sonic Fighter! I bought this one back in 2017 for the amazing price of 23€ looking like this:

20170511_233116

Now it looks like this

Sonic Fighter

and can take it's place next to it's Striker relatives :)

Sonic Fighter

• Like 8

Been itching for a new rc project lately, and it was also my birthday the other day which in a way would have justified indulging in a new kit. Austerity won for now, I talked myself out of it with the whole "you never know in these crazy times" and all the usual blablah, but the itch is still there and I might pull the trigger on something anytime soon.

Meanwhile, I kept up the action with my usual runners in the last few days. I am now planning on giving the Manta Ray a good checkup and clean, she deserves it after the good result achieved in the last postal racing. Also, I need to finalize an order from RCmart (spares, tires, escs) but I've been lazy about it.

Screenshot-20210524-233506-Video-Player.

20210605-111228.jpg

20210605-111349.jpg

20210605-111406.jpg

20210530-192349-1.gif

20210522-225748.jpg

20210522-225320.jpg

Screenshot-20210522-222957-Video-Player.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, BJoe76 said:

Experimented with Bondic as a body filler.....

0897A03C-7383-46AD-850C-2C07E0B34362.jpeEBEBBF97-20D7-4CF3-8F8D-AF7F0A00A0E2.jpeC69CFA4D-5332-4394-B875-4D90FA0847EF.jpe

I’m liking it so far!

How easy is it to sand/shape

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Is this one done? Hoping to see some more photos!

Not yet @Badcrumble, I messed up a couple of the key stickers so I’ll be getting some more from Tamico. Just waiting until I have enough in my basket to hit their minimum order value 😕

16 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Not yet @Badcrumble, I messed up a couple of the key stickers so I’ll be getting some more from Tamico. Just waiting until I have enough in my basket to hit their minimum order value 😕

Oh no! I'm sure you'll find a way to fill that basket! Are you far off?!

Today I acquired four step screws from my mildly-hopped up M04 build (not required thanks to ball-mounted hop up dampers) and reinstated the upper front arms on my WW2.

DSC_1227.jpg

I really need to dig out my Wild Willy box and see if I still have the F4 parts to hold in the U-pin. If not, can you use the TL-01 stainless suspension pins on this chassis? Must review some build threads...

The aforementioned M04 gained a front bumper and (3D-printed) body mounts as it crawls to completion. Some of the hop ups destined for this chassis are buried in my parts stash. 

Sensing a theme here? I have plenty of parts but just can't get to them? I have a plan and have acquired sign-off from Mrs BC...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

About €50 🙄

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

How easy is it to sand/shape

Not bad, it doesn’t sand, really, any different that the styrene that ‘57 Chevy is molded in or what I’ve experienced with the Tamiya Hardbodies I’ve also bought in the last year.  What I really like is that you can hit it with their little UV light to make it almost immediately sandable vs having to wait for it to cure via evaporation or chemical reaction before you can start filing away!  Then there is how you can build it up, that tail fin I’m modifying is built up in layers where I put some down, hit it with the UV light, put some more down, hit that with the light, Wash, Rinse, Repeat until you get it built up to where you want it to start shaping, then add more, UV it, sand, W/R/R there too.  I even put some of that yellow 3M tape on that Kustom roll pan and endcap from the model where I wanted the resin to mate to the styrene, once the resin is shaped how I want it and the resin didn’t stick to the tape, which is exactly what I had hoped for there too! The set I bought had 2 “pens” of resin, the little UV light and holster, and a multigrit sanding stick, though I think I just may order the 4 pack of refill pens eventually. The set I have right now was $20 US plus shipping and the 4 pack is more like $39.99, but would last me a while unless I go bonkers on projects like this ‘57 and what I gave planned for an already started Bubbletop Kustom built from the Revell ‘57 BellAir SnapTite kit, which had a crushed roof when I got it.

• Like 1

Yes, matchbox but painted to match the Tamiya theme.. before and afters. 

IMG_Jun52021at40457PM.jpg.e58d131d6a3153273e05fd5dc9f7b644.jpg

IMG_Jun52021at40533PM.jpg.03f88c0460167df0c959bfefe70f2c20.jpg

IMG_Jun52021at40514PM.jpg.c34cbefc9a2e4a20cf2466a54f83cfca.jpg

IMG_Jun52021at40556PM.jpg.bdaa9bf37fbe997663c2a1bb5693395e.jpg

• Like 9

Finally made progress on the new shed

0-E8417-A2-C028-45-CE-ABDC-89-E5-DD21-E8

• Like 15

Looks ^ sweet... you're not going to run out of Tx's in a hurry now are you! 😳

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Today I acquired four step screws from my mildly-hopped up M04 build (not required thanks to ball-mounted hop up dampers) and reinstated the upper front arms on my WW2.

DSC_1227.jpg

I really need to dig out my Wild Willy box and see if I still have the F4 parts to hold in the U-pin. If not, can you use the TL-01 stainless suspension pins on this chassis? Must review some build threads...

The aforementioned M04 gained a front bumper and (3D-printed) body mounts as it crawls to completion. Some of the hop ups destined for this chassis are buried in my parts stash. 

Sensing a theme here? I have plenty of parts but just can't get to them? I have a plan and have acquired sign-off from Mrs BC...

I am pretty sure the TL01 stainless steel pins fit, I’ve used them my my Konghead and Wheeler within the last 12 months.

• Thanks 1

With my SMT10 kit buttoned up, but no body decision made, I decided to toss on an old Parma Grave Digger body just for a run around the yard. Even with 550 Titan 12T power on 8.4v Nimh, it was fun. I still love a good Clod, but I'm glad I stepped away from Tamiya with this one. People complain the tires/wheels are too small on these, but I always felt Clod tires were a bit too big on these, lol. With the wheelbase shortened up to a reasonable size, it looks about right to my eyes (for bashing purposes anyway, though admittedly I have bad eyesight). 

20210605_183404 (2) 20210605_183443 (2)

I was worried how the suspension would react with the shocks mounted on the axle (for greater realism) vs the links (as stock) but with some softer springs, it works just fine. Very compliant. It looks like the SMT is headed onto its lid in this shot but I was able to keep it rubber-side down (driving with one hand and shooting pics with the other) thanks to the supple suspension and good travel.

20210605_183428 (2)

Still need to incorporate some sway bars though. The SMT10, without sways, will give a one-wheel salute that would make a TXT-1 proud when you stand on the throttle.

• Like 9

Did a bit more on my cougar laydown! Wasn't that happy with the steering servo though it would be a bit quicker?.....but nevermind I'll see how I get on with it? I'm basically just tinkering with it until my body comes back from spraying (never give someone else one of my bodies to paint before ) I thought I would fix the problem with my  XLS which I've been putting off for ages because the last time I had this in bits was when I built it and I ended up in A&E when I was building the driveshafts and I put a screwdriver through my hand😟! one of the belts was very slack so had to tighten both of them because I'm not sure which one it is and yes it fought me all the way through but is done now😁

20210606_125651.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yes, matchbox but painted to match the Tamiya theme.. before and afters. 

IMG_Jun52021at40457PM.jpg.e58d131d6a3153273e05fd5dc9f7b644.jpg

don't you mean hotwheels  as i have never seen a matchbox version but i do have a  few variations of the hotwheels honda city turbo in my collection of hotwheels ;):wub:

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

don't you mean hotwheels  as i have never seen a matchbox version but i do have a  few variations of the hotwheels honda city turbo in my collection of hotwheels ;):wub:

You're probably right.  I bought it used without a box so assumed it was a MatchBox car as in small diecast cars as in Sony "Walkman" ..as in Kleenex..as in Velcro..  as in Scotch tape, etc.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Went to the local off road track today for the first time in ages. The weather was great, we had the track to ourselves and my son and I had a great time racing! Only Torque Tuned motors and NiMh battery packs, so no speed records, but that was fine as we are both a bit out of practice with 2wd buggies and were hitting the boundaries quite a lot to begin with.

Track day

My son managed to inflict some catastrophic damage on his beloved DT-03 after crashing a jump.. Looked like the whole rear end was torn off!

Track day

On inspection it looks like I'll need A and C-parts for the repair, so that's a nice excuse to fill up the cart a bit more at Tamico 😜. My son swapped to his DT-02 and we had lots of fun for a few more battery packs

Track day

Track day

Track day

Track day

• Like 14

The Wild Willy 4x4 is getting closer, just need to paint the Jerry Can and Willy and finish assembling the body and then this project should be “done”……..for now

image.thumb.jpeg.4b8f6be58b6286a3a0e3e0b15d82647e.jpeg

When I shot this one, I almost put a sign on the table that read,

”Do Not Touch.  Willy”:lol:

2B61915A-49FE-44BD-88F8-43764237722E.jpe

I did order some Schumacher 1/10 truck inserts to try and May eventually get oil filled shocks and some sort of brushless in it, just not sure if I’ll use a Tamiya Sensored motor with the stock ESC or put a Sidewinder with either one of their 3800kV motors or one of the more potent Holmes Revolver motors.

• Like 5

BJoe what color is your WW2 body?  Is that a dark gray or black?  Looks good.  I was thinking about doing a flat black next time.