Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So today I ordered 2 more floating shelves (the same ones I installed yesterday), NIB Honda City Turbo kit, NIB M38 body set along with other old new stock M38 parts. 

I am expecting my junk M38 to arrive later today which I am going to take apart and clean for spare parts.  I don't think I am going to rebuild this one as there is another LWB I am eyeing at the moment.. will see later. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Installed 6 more floating shelves today.   Please ignore the stuff on the floor and musical keyboard as the floor will have an RC track in 1.5 years.  My temporary eva track is in the living room..

IMG_Jun92021at54549PM.jpg.58db8c44636c82645a64dda32757699b.jpg

Sorry, one cannot simply IGNORE that Korg! SV-2? Delicious!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bwaaatch said:

Sorry, one cannot simply IGNORE that Korg! SV-2? Delicious!

:lol: Thanks yes, the SV-2 SP88.   

13 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

653F98C3-0A37-471F-BB15-17CE1801ED1B.jpg

Just looking at these mate, the one on the left seems a little different to the others, is the bit at the base the right way round as the spring is a bit more squished??

• Like 2

Nice video @nowinaminute

I was wondering though, what are you using to capture them? I can see a mount on top of the lunchbox but what camera do you use? And how do you mount it to front? and the side action shots I presume the camera is on another car?

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Just looking at these mate, the one on the left seems a little different to the others, is the bit at the base the right way round as the spring is a bit more squished??

You're not wrong, I was 'manually testing' them after taking the photo and one didn't feel quite right so I removed the retainer and spring and refitted, all OK now :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cynan said:

Nice video @nowinaminute

I was wondering though, what are you using to capture them? I can see a mount on top of the lunchbox but what camera do you use? And how do you mount it to front? and the side action shots I presume the camera is on another car?

And another question - how is the camera stabilised? By all rights the result should just be shaky blurriness? What sorcery keeps the camera steady?

a set of tyres turned up today for the egress wheels i had last week

fitted to the black force and :wub:

should have did the tyre paint in gold but i ain't got any so it's white:rolleyes:

IMG_20210611_154403.jpg

• Like 17

Cleaned up and restored a new to me M38.. this one I got at a bargain, but it also took a while to clean as it was filthy!   Had all sorts of problems too, due to poor assembly by the previous owner(s).   :blink:

Passed bench test, will start restoring the body and wheels tomorrow.  :D

IMG_Jun112021at73359PM.jpg.6fd542a8a9ce8b42b917616b1697be8e.jpg

IMG_Jun112021at73411PM.jpg.4448aebc6670285841653a4d50c25ed5.jpg

• Like 7

Fitted a new Kimborough medium servo saver to my terra scorcher. Had to drill a new hole in the middle of it and then file/dremel a load of material off to get clearance from the bumper. Managed to get the hole off centre, but it didn't fit centrally anyway due to the servo tooth postion and with the slightly different ball connector position from the servo saver being a bit shorter I actually only needed a quarter turn of a turnbuckle to get it tracking straight. Immediate improvement in play and therefore happiness towards the upgrade.

• Like 2

@Toad16v Nice job.  I wouldn't worry about that off centering either.  I have all sorts of cars where the splines don't match up for that perfect 50:50 center, but with sub trim and EPA, it's essentially the same as you're probably not using the entire throw of the servo anyway.  Absolutely no issue.  

• Like 1

Added bullets (cut to 3mm) soldered to the motor pegs to make it look cleaner.

OFyHkX3.jpg

roMXgTK.jpg

qxjeQka.jpg

THnjd7M.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Put a third set of 5 tier shelving in the garage, got a happy Mrs BC. And thanks to the way the garage is constructed, I can only fit in four of the shelves. So I gained a shelf for my hobby rack. Hoping I can squeeze it in for a few.more M class or touring cars :D

• Like 5

@Badcrumble Nice!!

For me, painted all the misc parts and refinished wheels this morning.   

IMG_Jun122021at114329AM.jpg.20b535a2ea877a0d79d0dd9f980b1a6e.jpg

Update:  Finished the chassis and the test drive passed with no issue.  Actually drives excellent; I was a little surprised considering how much rebuilding  I had to do.   Well, I guess it's functionally like-new..

IMG_Jun122021at50555PM.jpg.3cfd037f082c5305a791a497b5d60cab.jpg

Repaired the M38 body and painted this afternoon.   Still need to spray paint the interior and spare tire tomorrow.. then will do the brush painting including fixing Willy's face.. 

IMG_Jun122021at50613PM.jpg.52d9c3c592aa6856e9d07f60b4af77b7.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Added bullets (cut to 3mm) soldered to the motor pegs to make it look cleaner.

OFyHkX3.jpg

roMXgTK.jpg

qxjeQka.jpg

THnjd7M.jpg

Great wiring job.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wrinkly beetle said:

Finished painting the Konghead body and installed headlight buckets

IMG_0966.thumb.jpg.7f04ab78c911f4797f26a57654b86d88.jpg

This is really sweet!

I decided to take a break from my racing buggy because of constant issues with stripped screws. Two pages into building the Blackfoot and... The chassis breaks. I'm just so frustrated and defeated. I'm not even getting to run my cars before they break. It is heartbreaking. 

B018F690-EDEA-48E8-BF54-C24E43A92D32.jpeg

67CCE0A6-FF94-4BEB-AA2F-7D6BD9021844.jpeg

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, chuckjaywalk said:

I decided to take a break from my racing buggy because of constant issues with stripped screws. Two pages into building the Blackfoot and... The chassis breaks. I'm just so frustrated and defeated. I'm not even getting to run my cars before they break. It is heartbreaking. 

B018F690-EDEA-48E8-BF54-C24E43A92D32.jpeg

67CCE0A6-FF94-4BEB-AA2F-7D6BD9021844.jpeg

That’s a bitch. If you’re in the uk I got a spare you can have :)

I often load my 1:1 car's trunk with more than one or two skateboards, and today it dawned on me: why can't my Big Boss have a few skateboards as well? So I've added one more, I think it looks good :)

20210612-182350.jpg

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, J@mes said:

That’s a bitch. If you’re in the uk I got a spare you can have :)

Sadly, I live smack dab in the middle of the US.  

40 minutes ago, mongoose1983 said:

Wow. Where do you live? The place looks gorgeous!

Somewhere in a galaxy, far, far away. Hahaha! :lol:

Thanks! :)