Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dusted off the CAD files for my caster/camber plate project. This part will allow adjusting caster and camber independently on a standard TT-02. I will then order 2 parts to be CNC cut in 2.5mm carbon sheet based on the CAD file. I might do a bit of a write-up on it if anyone is interested.

casterplate.jpg

• Like 4

Test fitted my printed one piece suspension arms for my Stadium Thunder.

But will redo the fronts tomorrow with additional clearance for the bumpsteer mod.

Printed with carbonfiber CF-20 Filament. Much stiffer than the original 2 piece partsIMG_20210621_143838.thumb.jpg.1e68ef2caf32f369aee6f4f0f10b92ec.jpg

• Like 3

Just wee’d a little seeing the TD4 teaser 😂

• Haha 3

Not sure if this even counts as doing anything for the day, but one of my used M38 for restoration came with a full working Futaba radio so decided to clean it up for display..mainly because these were actually still made in Japan back then.  

IMG_Jun212021at23549PM.jpg.7952e443b6a2cf41d56bdd4e1b98d7ab.jpg

My JR R1’s are the last radios that I still have that were still made in Japan.  My 4PKS-R.. made in China.  

• Like 5

I've been on a bit of an RC hiatus of the last few months. Free time dwindled and with it the RC interest. Of late though the fires started burning again, with my Kyosho Beetle getting me running a car. With that, a fresh untouched TB05 kit has been tempting me from the shelf. Tonight was the night, seals cracked and bag A started:

IMG_2915.jpg

A few hop ups to be used too. Not sure of the direction I'm going yet, but it's good to be back building again :)

• Like 9

got some sticker size examples from yogi-bear yesterday to see how they fit on the Manta and Lunchbox. printed out the images to normal printer paper and test fit them on he bodies. a few small adjustments to a few are needed but the 2 kits look rocking with the mocked up images :)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

I've been on a bit of an RC hiatus of the last few months. Free time dwindled and with it the RC interest. Of late though the fires started burning again, with my Kyosho Beetle getting me running a car. With that, a fresh untouched TB05 kit has been tempting me from the shelf. Tonight was the night, seals cracked and bag A started:

IMG_2915.jpg

A few hop ups to be used too. Not sure of the direction I'm going yet, but it's good to be back building again :)

Do we get a build thread? Not sure we've had one of these. I've got one in the loft to build 'for a rainy day'. I keep meaning to buy some hop-ups for it before they disappear. 

• Like 1

Finally tore the Mud Blaster gearbox apart, I think I've found the problem...

broken_diff_gears.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The SSBB dampers arrived for the TA07 so they are fitted. Unfortunately rcjaz forgot to add the spring set so kit springs for now. Luckily my LHS guy races at the same club and his Xpress springs will fit so I can try some out then buy what I need. Hard to say if the new dampers are better or even different until I get to the track, but they mean the Bittydesign Hyper body fits properly.

I now have even less parts required to build a TA07 Pro from parts....

Also picked up another HB D418 today. One popped up on marketplace for a good price with carpet and dirt parts and a bag of spares. This will replace my sons D413 so we both run the same and also have spart parts. Cheap way to get spares which I always seem to need, for his car not mine. Hopefully will put a cheap RTR package together with the D413 for my neighbours daughter who says she wants to come racing.

• Like 4

On 6/20/2021 at 11:31 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Hope you get well soon @Busdriver 👍🏻

I’ll second that and good to have you back and active with your RC 👍

On 6/21/2021 at 5:00 AM, Re-Bugged said:

I spent most of the time driving the Buggy Champ 😁

D0DCEEAD-DB36-476E-8F7B-330D249DEAC6.jpg

540ACAA9-D0BC-466A-A634-C9944D85D4E2.jpg

4CE1E211-8FF1-43E4-9E00-3532631722DE.jpg

now I’ve just got to get all the sand out my shoes..it was well worth it though. 

Awesome pictures and looks like great fun 💥

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I’ll second that and good to have you back and active with your RC 👍

and thirded @Busdriver 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It certainly was @Grumpy pants but unfortunately the Buggy Champs servo threw the towel in today before I could have another go at the current Postal Racing circuit as I’d made a pigs ear of it yesterday.

The ‘Javelin’ Scorcher and Stadium Blitzer were still going strong though,

5FCF611E-B34A-42B0-8BFB-13C6666431C5.jpg

6DC99FE0-9CB6-49EC-B10D-E38FD2EA8947.jpg

The Blitzer was a lot of fun but to much for a tight track so just unleashed its current 2s 4000kv Sensorless set up 😁

• Like 9

8 hours ago, El Gecko said:

Finally tore the Mud Blaster gearbox apart, I think I've found the problem...

broken_diff_gears.jpg

Hope you have replacements!   :blink:

Also, get well soon, Busdriver!

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Hope you have replacements!   :blink:

Nope :(

But I did drill out the centers (poorly) and inserted some axle pins. It's back together but still crunchy. Haven't put a motor to it yet since the rebuild, I think the 17T was a bit too much for it!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

Nope :(

But I did drill out the centers (poorly) and inserted some axle pins. It's back together but still crunchy. Haven't put a motor to it yet since the rebuild, I think the 17T was a bit too much for it!

Ouch.. would it make sense to just lock the diff all together?  

9 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Ouch.. would it make sense to just lock the diff all together?  

I was contemplating that, since I drive it on mostly dirt, but I didn't want to ruin the main big gear, since it's still in good condition. Now that it's back together, I was going to just drive it how it is (I may still), but I found a full set of new pot metal bevel gears on ebay, so I should be able to get it back ship shape in no time. Eventually an MIP ball diff is on the list for this car, but it's a very low priority.

• Like 1

This is for yesterday evening but I took my Mad Van VE out for a first run. They just finished repairing a bridge near where I live and they had cleared a patch of grass to store their vehicles etc so for a short time, I have a nice dirt patch to drive on. The last time something like this happened it was only there a few weeks before the grass seed kicked in so I got right on it!

Wish I had noticed this scaffolding pole at the time and not after I got home, mind you 😬😱 god knows how many near misses I had 🤣

1824383469_Screenshot_20210622-155700_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.b0f30da7b526f614ee8899d307a3889f.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

This is for yesterday evening but I took my Mad Van VE out for a first run. They just finished repairing a bridge near where I live and they had cleared a patch of grass to store their vehicles etc so for a short time, I have a nice dirt patch to drive on. The last time something like this happened it was only there a few weeks before the grass seed kicked in so I got right on it!

Wish I had noticed this scaffolding pole at the time and not after I got home, mind you 😬😱 god knows how many near misses I had 🤣

1824383469_Screenshot_20210622-155700_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.b0f30da7b526f614ee8899d307a3889f.jpg

looks like a fun car, was this on 2 or 3s it looks fast

Run the Hpi jumpshot mt  for the first time today on the beach,  run 2 6000mah 2s packs trough it,  really like the car I am happy with it,  it handles very nice and was a lot of fun to drive, and it jumps a lot better then the tamiya wt-01 truck it replaced.

51263362847_9ce9f68648_c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

what a difference good tires make, i ran the slash today in the park and it runs really well on grass now. got a bunch of grass caught near the motor transmission and rear suspension arms. they recenlty cut the grass in the park. there is a small hill at the entrance of the park with a 30-50 degree angle, the stock tires cant really get anywhere more than 20 degrees incline. the trenchers climbed like a champ! i dont push it too much as the tall grass/weeds were in the way but it has much more grip with the new tires. $90 including shipping for the tires well spent.

did a bit of biking after running the slash and now im going to work on the lunchbox a bit.

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_4561.JPG

• Like 3

Drove across the country with the fam, from Los Angeles to Green Bay  Not all today, but over the past 4 days. Now to see what hobby stores exist in the Green Bay area…..

D62FF2FA-318F-44D9-BC84-028678AB2FED.jpeg

B2EE3385-090B-4887-BC5B-F6D89A52020F.jpeg

1F7DCB23-A132-4CBC-8B30-C116A06AD836.jpeg

• Like 15

well that seriously sucks, i tried to fit the 25T servo saver to my lunchbox Smraza 20KG Digital Servo Motor Full Metal Gear Coreless Servo motor. the input spline doesnt fit on the servo saver. the servo saver splines are of a slightly smaller diameter than the servo i have for it. i might need to order a new servo motor and also some sort of mounting ball joints to fit to the arms. 

are the splines on the steering servos all standard dimensions? maybe the one i got had a manufacturing flaw where it wasnt a big enough of a diameter? i see other style horns for the luchbox on ebay but is there any guarantee they will fit the steering servo gear? the 25T arm that came with the servo fits perfectly while the steering horn only clears the lip of the servo gear. i might need to upgrade the steering arms along side the steering horn...