Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Despite what just happened to our home, I found myself with some free time yesterday since the insurance had to get the ball rolling on a few things before we could start emptying it out, assess the damages and so on. I had some cars with me and the postal racing track still laid out, so after a few not-so-good attempts I finally managed to turn my annoyance and frustration into fuel for my driving. I got better results with both the Manta and the RC10, and had quite a few visitors while driving hard! First off, the usual chipmunk hopped around and deliberately crossed the track while the car was passing by, it almost got hit but I swear he did on purpose! Playful little fellas. Then a moufette (skunk) passed by, fortunately at safe distance. The best one was a few hours later, while running my last pack at dusk. I was concentrating on the end of the run when I perceived a movement, I looked up and saw a deer passing by just a few meters away from me! No photos unfortunately but that was great, sure makes me want to just stay in the countryside.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I’ve run those Trenchers on the rear of my Blitzer @nel33 for a while now and hardly show wear at all from being used on all kinds of surfaces. They are as you say worth every cent 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’ve run those Trenchers on the rear of my Blitzer @nel33 for a while now and hardly show wear at all from being used on all kinds of surfaces. They are as you say worth every cent 👍🏻

i did see some immediate signs of wear already, the thin rubber leftovers from when the 2 halves are put together are gone. other than that there are no other signs of wear. im loving the tires already, makes me wonder why i didnt try installing them earlier... i did have to modify the tires a bit, i used a purple marker to color the yellow dot on the side wall a different color as the mounting hex were different for front and back on 2wd model. there were hubs for the 4x4 model and 2wd model (2 front, 2 back). yellow dots on the front and purple on the rear. no real reason why i chose purple, it was the closest dark sharpie i found.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Drove across the country with the fam, from Los Angeles to Green Bay  Not all today, but over the past 4 days. Now to see what hobby stores exist in the Green Bay area…..

D62FF2FA-318F-44D9-BC84-028678AB2FED.jpeg

Bryce Canyon! I've always wanted to see it, it looks surreal.

I decided to commit the City Turbo body height on my WR02 and trimmed the posts.  I hate body posts sticking tall on my cars so always trim to just barely above the hole I clip.

Not really RC, but painted my matchbox car aka HotWheels tail lights, bottom reflectors, 3rd brake light, exhaust tips, pins on the center of the wheels which were very tacky.  I could've went another 0.2mm wider on the tail lights, but the painted surface is not smooth so decided to go conservative.  

IMG_Jun232021at93359AM.jpg.ebdd9ad88c1daf8093ef56211378e6d0.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, nel33 said:

are the splines on the steering servos all standard dimensions?

There are two sizes I believe. All Tamiya kits that I’ve had supply two, a Futaba and a Sanwa style.

• Like 2

@Cynan There might be three.. 

-Acoms / Sanwa / JR / Graupner /KO / Spektrum = 23

-Futaba / Tamiya / Traxx / Savox = 25

-Hitec = 24

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Cynan said:

There are two sizes I believe. All Tamiya kits that I’ve had supply two, a Futaba and a Sanwa style.

Thank you for the reply Cynan and Willy line. I think I will try a different servo and see what works. Is Traxx Traxxas? I will need to get a 25t servo so those 4 options I will need to look into. I presume all 25t spines are the same dimensions? If that doesn't fit the horn then I can take a guess the horn was milled to a spec smaller than intended.

Got some new wheels/tires for my one Baja Rey and put new rear shock towers on the other. Put a new servo in the torment and put together my f104. Now I just need to paint a few bodies and I’ll be all caught up on rc projects, well at least until more stuff arrives. Hopefully this weekend I’ll be able to actually run some of them.

0B06F7D1-E853-4922-83BF-FFD457EA636F.jpeg

349EBC2D-C2A8-41CA-97E2-AB0082D1D9E9.jpeg

• Like 6

Took out the new build for a quick run. Had some TX issues with a new Sanwa but was able to put down 42.7mph. 

20210623_195442.thumb.jpg.c863c92ab168e545319e7921490fd51e.jpg

• Like 11

59B1570D-0F0A-478B-8652-00303B6B6190.jpeg.f6ea4d250b508afd1c1003e7dba145c2.jpeg22726652-8FD4-40B4-973F-B3309669D0E9.jpeg.f070079bb33be452066c7fa8f51b4986.jpeg0D95C773-19BD-4664-9195-3E89B5D4D9C1.jpeg.efa7a88e57a304fe9ea0eead0010d199.jpeg

got all the paint on the 6R4. I think it’s come out well. There are a couple of tiny errors but only I’ll see them!!! Still have to fit the rear spoiler and paint it and the front  with a red panel. I still have some of the controlfreak body details to add. Sadly the body shell doesn’t come with mirrors.The sticker set was not specifically for the Metro but it’s come out ok. I need to get some white vynl to make a background for the racing numbers. It really needs a cockpit but it will have to wait a while .

• Like 6

Spent most of the day dealing with insurance people and packing up stuff yesterday, but surprisingly I still found myself with quite some time left for RC (well, also because it's light until 9.30 PM). My cars aren't packed yet so I took a few of them out for one more dance around the postal racing track. No personal bests and no visitors from the woods this time, but it was very interesting to compare the cars in action and see the different driving style for each vehicle.

20210623-211406.jpg

20210624-011547.jpg

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Hope you get things sorted soon @Ferruz.

Yes, I second that, Ferruz.   That must be extremely stressful for the entire family.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

Spent most of the day dealing with insurance people and packing up stuff yesterday, but surprisingly I still found myself with quite some time left for RC (well, also because it's light until 9.30 PM). My cars aren't packed yet so I took a few of them out for one more dance around the postal racing track. No personal bests and no visitors from the woods this time, but it was very interesting to compare the cars in action and see the different driving style for each vehicle.

20210623-211406.jpg

20210624-011547.jpg

Great lineup of buggies, and judging by the bald tires, they're all great fun to drive B)

A nice relief from the pressures (and occasional tsunamis) of life. Sending good vibes your way, hope you're settled again soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hope it all gets sorted out soon @Ferruz - glad you're managing to get a bit of time away from the stresses of life to chill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

painted and put decals on a  fresh body for my ta-03rs and put a new set of wheels and tires on it, looks much better now

51268168396_0f2b13e81f_o.jpg

51268168221_91fd515a7b_o.jpg

51268351728_9a4d3ac0c3_o.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yes, I second that, Ferruz.   That must be extremely stressful for the entire family.  

I’ll 3rd that if there is such a thing 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ferruz said:

20210623-211406.jpg

20210624-011547.jpg

How does the Terra Scorcher drive compared to the Manta Ray?  I don't have a Thundershot series buggy but the Top Force is night and day difference from the Boomerang, so wondering about the one in between

Picked up some bits while swinging by my LHS...

jmtz1vO.jpg

• Like 6

ordered 2 upgraded cw01 steering horns that are supposedly 300% stronger than stock plastic parts. i dont know how they came across the 300% figure but atleast it will fit on the lunchbox at the end of the day. ordered 2 to have a spare and looking into another type of steel steering horn if it is 25T. not sure if the horn will fit but if its milled properly then there are no issues, some come with steel steering arms fit for the kit that would be a useful upgrade to stock parts.

it took me a few days to distance myself from the cw01 but im gonna focus on the Manta build as i know that i can make progress on that without too many surprises.

• Like 3

Built and installed a new (cheap but functional) unit to display some of my queens with my well-sorted OG 511u runner up top.

They're all sitting on their tyres at the moment which is no good so need to sort that. I was thinking of spraying black some spare polystyrene packing blocks I had, any comments?

I'm weighing up my options to build my 2011 Avante and a NIB vintage Egress for the top shelf... 😛

New_Shelf_02.jpg

• Like 11