Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Finished off a video...

That was awesome, thanks for taking the time for the final cut, I enjoyed that. 👌😎

Painted and added my usual axe and shovel set on the latest restore to compliment the car.   Too bad they don't make one for the passenger side as MC's axe and shovels were on the opposite side (MB's had the shovel and axe on the driver side, apparently).  Maybe has something to do with patents.. anyway, I'm happy how the car turned out.   

Also made the usual stand and chocks.

IMG_Jul42021at111558AM.jpg.b0a0fbc2e74d87f6e2e7d4418c6fdd81.jpg

• Like 6

I attempted to sort out my Striker and Sonic Fighter parts today and ended up creating Frankenstein's Striker. I think I'll put this on eBay as it is and just see what happens.

Tamiya Striker

• Like 3

Fitted the body on the Konghead with magnetic mounts. Lowered the mounting brackets as I thought it looked like it was on stilts. Gave it a little test run around the field. Lost some bits in the grass. Note to self, use threadlock.

IMG_1079.thumb.jpg.13a4b7c83e52af9a5cede149a1e148be.jpg
IMG_1078.thumb.jpg.89dc63733088de97f2ad837f60693761.jpg
IMG_1082.thumb.jpg.b36f6ac8570db443eaad3249456abd03.jpg

• Like 8

Reminded myself just how much fun (and how capable) a box-stock Clod can be...

IMG_20210705_131745498_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210705_131415966_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210705_131354465.jpg

Whoops... heh... how did that happen?

IMG_20210705_132117915_HDR.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Wrinkly beetle said:

Gave it a little test run around the field. Lost some bits in the grass. Note to self, use threadlock.

IMG_1079.thumb.jpg.13a4b7c83e52af9a5cede149a1e148be.jpg

Looks great 👍🏻, apart from loosing some bits, how was it? 

Carried on with the build of a Mission FT S2 today, really wanted to get a Tamiya FF but couldn't justify the costs this time around for the FF class. Quite pleased with the Schumacher so far (it was cheap, as are the few hopups I've gone for), not that happy with the central pully (some binding), but have some spacers on the way to help sort that out. 

IMG_20210630_180404.thumb.jpg.657597612e8d307ff606a26860073411.jpg

• Like 2

Huh... That lunchbox servo arm is rather hard to install the 5mm ball mount or for that ,after a 3mm machined bolt. The black upgraded is harder than the stock white one and the stock is hard also. Maybe the hot screw method is needed?

im going to try my thread tapping kit to get this before i try the hot method, doing it by hand without self tapping is a bit difficult...

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Looks great 👍🏻, apart from loosing some bits, how was it? 

Thanks. My son's completely stock king yellow has been the most reliable and fun truck to drive. I like it and it serves its duty as a backyard basher very well
Image.gif.52d91f7889c65fcdf8326d03e47cf329.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2021 at 10:58 PM, wtcc5 said:

Video finished today...

Yesterday @Quincy @Sgt.Speirs and I ran some rare material:

That was awesome to watch! Never owned a TA03 in my life, but have a NIP urethane bumper for a TA03F and had no idea it mounted the other way around! Ha! 😁

Today am home with the kids (again) so started some 'weathering' on the beetle body.

The number plate cover needed  painting, so I sprayed a little PS10 inside the shell.. nope not even close... tried some TS French Blue..  bingo! Umm what? So the polycarbonate body has been sprayed with Styrene paint?!  Maybe that's why it's so translucent, heavy, and runny? 🤦‍♂️

I grabbed some polycarbonate paint remover, and wiped away some paint from inside the shell, then sprayed it with white, and silver, then sprayed the outside with flat clear. Might get some washes in there, but might also try and find another body, not sure. 

6ckj5wW.jpg

3raqZh1.jpg

apVEuzn.jpg

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, goth brooks said:

took a drive to the jpl trailhead. 

18079B8A-A8B9-4B11-ADB6-05871A1A5AC5.jpeg

that bike isnt fooling me... it looks like a 1:10 model and not a 1:1.  it almost looks like a 1:1.

31 minutes ago, goth brooks said:

it gets better gas mileage than my 1/1. 

though i dont think it has the same cargo capacity as the 1:1

i saw a guy online that custom fabbed an interior for his tamiya crv. cut holes in the window/body and glued light buckets to have working rear lights. didnt make a tiny picnic table for the rear hatch though. 

1 hour ago, Wrinkly beetle said:

Thanks. My son's completely stock king yellow has been the most reliable and fun truck to drive. I like it and it serves its duty as a backyard basher very well
Image.gif.52d91f7889c65fcdf8326d03e47cf329.gif

Cool, I was flicking through some RC Driver YouTube clips on the TV the other day and nipped out the room for a minute and came back to find my wife laughing hysterically at the GF-06 Bus pointing to it and saying “Check at this, it’s a School Bus!!!” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, berman said:

6ckj5wW.jpg

3raqZh1.jpg

apVEuzn.jpg

After seeing this the other day I found a shop with ‘Coming Soon’ on an M-06 bug so I’ve requested a notify me email when (if) it comes in 👍🏻

• Like 4

This morning I've received a text from Royal Mail to say that I have a parcel coming from Plaza Japan.

I don't think this one will be avoiding customs charges :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Swapped the Team Orion 2700kv motor for a 3930kv SkyRC Leopard set in the Egress. Need to play around with pinion sizes as an 18t was the smallest I had on hand. With a lot of twist and turns and the longest straight on my track being shy of 50 metres I’d like to try a 12t pinion.

That, and/or testing timing and punch control on the esc. 3930kv might be overkill for where I drive, but the store didn’t have the 3300kv in stock. 

9D411148-D312-48BB-A9CA-BDE29974E788.jpeg

• Like 6

Dropped by work today to see if my m3x05.5 tap tool was in the tap kit, turns out I likely left it somewhere after recapping to aluminum caster for the slash a while ago. Not sure where I left it but I will find it. Tried tapping the new stronger lunch box steering arm but the extra hardness made it very hand to tap without removing that extra bit that's supposed to self tap when installing it. I drilled out a 3/32 hole and tapped the threads, able to remove and install by hand easily. The 3mm nuts weren't short enough for the extra bit of thread on ball mount to get to nylon part. 2 3mm nuts and blue lock tight later will have to do. The 2nd stronger arm got the ball installation. I put a bit too much pressure when tapping it and cracked the side. Keeping the arm in good position when tapping it unaltered was hard. When drilled to 3/32 hand pressure to hold and rotate worked well. I ordered another aluminum horn from ebay yesterday, a different horn design and it came with the arms using 3mm screws. Worst case I use the black servo arm I'd did today and use the hop up arms on it.

20 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

After seeing this the other day I found a shop with ‘Coming Soon’ on an M-06 bug so I’ve requested a notify me email when (if) it comes in 👍🏻

Kind of a given considering your username... 😄 I look forward to seeing what you do with it 😎

• Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 7:48 PM, goth brooks said:

took a drive to the jpl trailhead. 

18079B8A-A8B9-4B11-ADB6-05871A1A5AC5.jpeg

JPL Trailhead?  Where are you located?  There’s a JPL not far from me, and our local crawler group is looking for fresh blood….