Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My son designed my Willy’s Pajero 5844 sticker and my wife printed it for me.  I’m going to mount it tomorrow.   :P

IMG_Jul222021at55855PM.jpg.47afed0c98ecb05f7378f8278c48d726.jpg

• Like 7

@Yoshimitsu Beautiful work!   

Here is the sticker my son designed on my 5844.  I love it!  :lol:   Includes Willy, fire extinguisher, winch, tow hook, side mirrors, decals. 

IMG_Jul232021at71843AM.jpg.45bf00dc5a33ccbf68cff514d8809768.jpg

IMG_Jul232021at72200AM.jpg.8ef33c4b645663e4a576cb30847d9082.jpg

IMG_Jul182021at35420PM.thumb.jpg.ef07ea6b4f0afddc28af1d321e6ab969.jpg

• Like 14

18 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_Jul222021at123511PM.jpg.e7f33a890b8e1ef60ff9d3069c188764.jpg

Update.. one is TS5 and the other TS28.. still undecided on the cars..

IMG_Jul222021at40835PM.jpg.8926aaa5abdcc41e3cbcd99745864368.jpg

Loving your work @Willy iine

Inspiring me to re-work my Wild Willy bonce.

46889F7D-DFDB-414D-B8CF-8D3E8117E307.jpg

He's been Count von Willy, Old Boxing Willy and most recently Spaceman Willy. I'm planning a new ride for him  - with a new 'Billy' body.

Need to decide on a helmet colour and maybe a face repaint - gotta try that toothpick technique.

NOTE: these plans for next week are all dependent on my wife not testing positive for COVID today... :o

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@Badcrumble Thanks!  Sounds like a fun project coming up!   I hope your wife is okay.. I wish you and wifey and BadcrumbleJr the best.  

• Thanks 1

Today i've mowed a little Track.

Sadly the Ground ist veeeery bumpy. But now i actually can get use out of my mobile Ramps.

IMG_20210723_173931413_HDR.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

W7oZv0N.jpg
HtJnKDF.jpg

hPImBnP.jpg

On the first photo it looks a bit strange. But with the body on it is pretty cool. 👍

Rebuild the rear dampers of the Top Force while listening to the latest Bruce Springsteen album. Quite relaxing.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

On the first photo it looks a bit strange. But with the body on it is pretty cool. 👍

That photo was mid transformation!

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Wow those are long arms!  :D Do you plan to reinforce the chassis where the pins hold the arms especially the front?  

I'd probably made the arm openings a tad wider where it meets the chassis (those are 3D?) and inserted aluminum brackets with through-holes for the pins on both the front and rear and run longer pins to keep the pivot points from separating and getting damaged.

Anyway, good job making custom parts.

Today I decided I’d take a look and see where my parts for the f1 have been/are. While looking up the tracking number from website I may have accidentally ordered a handful of more f1 parts. Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself, complete accident. Since I was on a roll making poor financial decisions I then decided to hop on tower and preorder a Super Avante and it’s upgrades too, because why not :lol:

• Haha 2

Placed an rcmart order for new wheels/tires, shocks, and neo fighter body for my dt03 black edition. going to change the look around B)

• Like 2

Fingers crossed for a negative @Badcrumble, having been free of lockdowns where I live a Flight Attendant has been through with Delta strain so we’ll see what happens here. Down in Sydney things are rough at the moment.

On a a lighter note, when my, let’s say ‘potential’, son in law stayed here for a while made an absolute magnificent job of polishing our car and van and the finish lasts for ages. I found what he had used recently and tried it on my FB with some great results..303 sealant….

24B53117-F6A1-48D6-9B92-A3CD80EC229B.jpg

More pic’s of the FB here if you’re interested..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

decided to located the sticker sheet for the lunch box to decorate the tail lights. i did more than just the tail lights... i spotted some sticker letters and got an idea for the license  plate. had to cut up some stickers to do it. tried the small red letters and wasnt too content with the look, saw the blue letters (address of factory???) and they fit better, still managed to misalign it... i put the stickers on top of the clear section  then sealed them on top with another clear sticker section. i can still try another one but id have to cut the letters out individually again rather than 3 sections. i dont have a "5" but it will do. the light stickers are a bit misaligned but thats minor stuff.

i also got a packing slip for an item being held by my request at the post office. not sure what it is but there seems to be a $25 fee to hold it there... if its the ESC and Battery then its easier to accept as a safe delivery method though i do have some items i think are lost in shipping that it might be, namely 2 DVDs. i reordered them from Ebay as amazon didnt seem to ship them well first. i  will see if im going to have duplicate DVDs tomorrow.

IMG_4692.JPG

• Like 3

10 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I know. I meant the perspective as it is so much wider than long. Didn't noticed that the arms are 3D printed. Great work!

I’m Mid 7 day lockdown here, so today, while watching the Men’s road race at Tokyo on TV, I thought I’d tackle a lockdown build, so grabbed a kit that’s been sitting on my shelf for a few years

51331666568_380b683bc7_k.jpg

Out of curiosity, has anyone attempted dying Blackfoot wheels? Want these to be black, but rather not paint if I don’t have to

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Wow those are long arms!  :D Do you plan to reinforce the chassis where the pins hold the arms especially the front?  

Maybe but they are just TL01B type arms so I doubt it will be any more liable to break than a Baja king or Wild Dagger or Blackfoot Xtreme etc but saying that, it's a simple mod. You can get a tamiya part that does it or just DIY it so maybe as it's an easy fix.

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Anyway, good job making custom parts.

I can't take any credit. @burakol is responsible for the STL files, I just sent off to have them printed and fitted them. The only thing i did myself was the extended steering links.

4 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Maybe but they are just TL01B type arms so I doubt it will be any more liable to break than a Baja king or Wild Dagger or Blackfoot Xtreme etc but saying that, it's a simple mod. You can get a tamiya part that does it or just DIY it so maybe as it's an easy fix.

I can't take any credit. @burakol is responsible for the STL files, I just sent off to have them printed and fitted them. The only thing i did myself was the extended steering links.

I was referring to the chassis side potentially breaking where you slide the pin.  If the arm is the weaker of the link, then that is good as it is easier to replace an arm than a chassis.   Anyway that was my first impression, looking at the wear of the chassis it appeared you drive it pretty hard (which is not a bad thing)!  

Took the Kyosho Big Boss out for a drive away from home for a change. I love this thing. Its an example of something that is more than a sum of its parts. Its soooo plastic right down to the diff outdrives but it hasn't broken yet and its great fun to drive. Its pretty big and has a certain feeling of mass to it when wheeling it around, but its not tippy despite its truck-like nature. You can kinda tell the Blackfoot sprang forth from buggy roots and its certainly more nimble because of it but the Big Boss has a go-anywhere vibe. Someday, I'd like to do a shootout between these two trucks like the old magazines did bitd if I can manage to drag myself out of this current funk I find myself in. I wish Kyosho would bring these back but when I shook my magic 8-ball and it replied "Outlook not so good".

20210724_081025 (2) 20210724_081415 (2)

• Like 9

Assembled the front axle of the Topf Force /DB01 Frankenstein for final fittment test. Next step is to assemble the rear axle and the rest of the chassis with the FRP parts before milling the CF parts.

IMG_20210723_165206.thumb.jpg.90f276674bd2b00459ec6ee48413fd7e.jpgIMG_20210723_165216.thumb.jpg.6b0fe68538d20132a40019a0e5d1587d.jpg

• Like 4

Finally made a start on my carbon Super Hotshot for a spot of vintage racing. Build thread coming soon...

20210724_200555.jpg

• Like 14

i took the lunch box for its first run. the tall 3" grass gave it a bunch of trouble but it ran, did a few short wheelies and "walked it" back to my unit. there the thing just stopped moving. it was similar to losing drive pins on the rear shafts but but pins are still there solid. i did put a 3mm spaces to make the wheels solid and remove that tiny wiggle room. i tried messing with the TBLE02 but as usual had to consult the manual first and now the red light is just flashing red. the motor revs but hardly any wheel spin when the tires are off the ground. put in the 1060 loosely and same result with reving but no transfered motion. the motor doesnt smell burnt and the stock silver can had a bit of trouble with anything but short grass or carpet flat surface it was fine. i do have a spare silver can from the TD im not using on TD.

can a motor burn, rev  properly and not smell much while having no transferring motion? the only other option is to take apart the gear box from here...

going to check the grub screw on the motor, hopefully its still there.