Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks @Willy iine, I do like the look of that GF01TR but it is quite expensive over here and this has been made up of random parts from the garage. There are still a few bits missing but some threaded posts have gone missing in the post.

I had some stickers made for this project a long time ago when it was the germ of an idea. Unfortunately, whilst I shrunk them from 1/10 to 1/12 scale, they are still too big for the Mini shell. I might be able to use a couple and order some more in 1/14 to do the job properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkSonic said:

The first prototype is taking shape.

IMG_20210728_171101.thumb.jpg.5987f63131fd67887dccae7f031b0c51.jpg

I like it. What is it? Looks like a DF-01 front gear box.

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

I like it. What is it? Looks like a DF-01 front gear box.

It's a Top Force/DF01 with the Suspension and Driveshafts of a DB01/TRF501. The rear mounts are from a TRF419/420.

Call it a restomod :D or a Frankenstein

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkSonic said:

The first prototype is taking shape.

IMG_20210728_171101.thumb.jpg.5987f63131fd67887dccae7f031b0c51.jpg

Would love to see a thread on this - I was very close to getting a load of parts fabricated to get my own TRF type buggy for racing. But the TD4 announcement made me stop with the hope that we might once again have a competitive club racer from Big T

My 1st time selling on eBay since the rules changed...I just accepted an offer but the buyer has 4 days to pay but the listings is no longer live 😳

• Sad 1

Few varnish coats to protect paint work.

Ready to get some action ?! Proud to show his Pegasus Airborne patch (painted just after a great visit on Pegasus Bridge and Batterie de Merville (Normandie)).

photo_2021-07-28_21-03-07.jpg

• Like 5

@Goudar I like how you added gradations (highlights) on the driver's jacket.  Makes a world of difference vs just a flat blot of one color.

• Thanks 1

Waiting on a shifting servo, so made some progress on the Ryft body. Some tidying and sticker in to do on the panels, but I’m liking it so far

F44F8F03-AEAC-4317-911D-632917C7F097.jpg

The netting is 3D printed from Thingiverse, still assessing whether black is the right colour  

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Goudar I like how you added gradations (highlights) on the driver's jacket.  Makes a world of difference vs just a flat blot of one color.

Thanks, that was tough. Having troubles with Tamiya's paint on a brush... Its drying way too fast ?! I opted for comics style highlights.

On my next driver I will get back with my trusty Citadel paints.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goudar said:

Thanks, that was tough. Having troubles with Tamiya's paint on a brush... Its drying way too fast ?! I opted for comics style highlights.

On my next driver I will get back with my trusty Citadel paints.

Nice.. You are a battle figure painter?    I just use the very basic Testors enamels for below average Joe's..  :lol:  

On 6/1/2021 at 4:49 AM, Juhunio said:

I’ll admit that Trucks and Comicals leave me cold, but there really is something about this dumper… I think it’s memories of Tonka toys from my childhood 😃

I'm with you there, the comic models coming out, i dont want em, just no interest. This one I bought as a cobuy with my son (always good excuse from mom) and generally its felt like a typical Tamiya. Very cool drivetrain to build. Then you can bring it out while kids are playing and they can get into it, loading dirt, etc. It's been worth it!

On 7/28/2021 at 12:02 AM, BJoe76 said:

Had the Jimny on a forest preserve path I used to take my SCX10 on 9+ years ago…….. it took it better than I did🥵

Is that a MF-01X with portal gears? 

That is very well done.  

• Like 1

Well my Konghead was sold last night so it will get packed and sent out shortly.

Genuinely sorry to see this one go, I think it has probably been my most enjoyable Tamiya to date.

Pointless keeping it for another day imo, too many other bigger things on the agenda that need my time and focus 1st. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Nice.. You are a battle figure painter?    I just use the very basic Testors enamels for below average Joe's..  :lol:  

Yep I started with Warhammer and Warhammer 40K, now Im painting board game figures. And drivers :D

• Like 1

Drove my GF01 WW2 for a change.. 

This body was in shambles from hard driving back 15-20 years ago by me, and restored earlier this year..

I intentionally left the servo saver white to show that it is a GF01.

IMG_Jul292021at100549AM.jpg.bb4e69dfd57031a4f92ab0e96176805d.jpg

• Like 3

Prototyping some light buckets for a Lexan lunchbox body (Kamtec)...

Decide to use some lenses container I have available at home in quite good quantity...

5Jzjg4C.jpg

I drilled them at 5 mm to be able to place the led inside, and then used Liquid Chrome paint marker (Molotov is the brand) to paint the reflector...

TbavsDB.jpg

Next steps : cut a little bit around the reflector, position them and use hot glue to fix them to the Lexan body. I would then use hot glue to fix the led in the reflector...

Results within the next days...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That’s a clean chrome finish, silvertriple, and a nice creative way of repurposing materials.  

1 hour ago, Goudar said:

@silvertriplereally great idea. Can't wait to see the final result.

Couldn't wait to see the final result, I installed on my Lunchbox body (will have to do the same for the kid's ones)...
kO6xmtG.jpg

And the result is beyond my expectations...
QXcZg35.jpg
q9oQWzK.jpg

This is a success

• Like 5