Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Blista said:

Ordered my first new kit in just over two years. :D

What have you got coming? 

9 hours ago, djmcnz said:

It's minor but the re-re, unlike some others, is not the same as the original. Different suspension, ball bearings not included, no titanium screws etc.

I don't want anyone to think I'm dissing the re-re, I'm not, but it loses some of the magic because it's not a faithful reproduction and doesn't have the top-end goodness of the original. I firmly believe that Tamiya should have included full sealed bearings and Ti screws in the re-re but a little bit of me is glad they didn't.

I knew the rere didn't have titanium screws, but I didn't know it didn't contain sealed bearings either! Now I'm glad I bought ptfe bearings for my rere egress; I thought I had gotten them for nothing lol.

Thanks for the info!

Built my TF Evo.

I’ve decided not to use the window stickers and instead spray the inside using smoke. I think that’ll look better than using the stickers and hey if it looks rubbish can always put the stickers on after ?

Got to say I actually like the preprinted body. I don’t really enjoy painting and always worry I’ll mess it up and this allowed me to finish up today rather than waiting for better weather (except for the windows I plan on doing).

I do wish Tamiya supplied an unpainted body as well though - so you end up with a nice professionally painted body for the shelf and one to paint as you see fit for running. Perhaps they should sell preprinted shells separately and then the LHS can swap in/out/add depending on customer preference.

F1F2810B-38E3-4684-A94A-CF7986FCC4E9.jpeg

• Like 10

Finally did a couple screen caps of Willy from some video I shot a month ago!

4CE0A285-FB8E-4BED-B0F9-BEC65652FEDE.pngCE11B896-3E93-4EAD-93DB-88F626685123.jpe

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

What have you got coming? 

Nothing fancy.  Just a DT03 Neo Fighter.  Had to buy something and couldn't justify anything expensive!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_Aug12021at53406PM.jpg.538feba772f56c0ff0bf6091cba886a7.jpg

IMG_Aug12021at53354PM.jpg.956f18d9ec02ef0eaff707cb016fdb2e.jpg

IMG_Aug12021at53422PM.jpg.97f77ea72633b71ace574c80eee9d17b.jpg

IMG_Aug12021at53333PM.jpg.bb81a3f1e935b82156e94f400dbdaeb9.jpg

Wow! That looks great! What body did you use for this?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Wow! That looks great! What body did you use for this?

Thanks, I'm still not done with it yet, but it's a junk RTR I found on Amazon..  It was less than $100 shipped.  :lol:  If it drives okay, I will swap out the electronics.  The car comes with bearings, oil dampers, etc   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Z7HWBCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The interior for Billy and rear quarter arch I made, the roof I made as well, but I'm going to redo it as it's.a bit too short.  The headlights are off my Wild One body which I still need to paint the lens side.  

I lowered the front another 15mm tonight to get the stance corrected.   I will post more pictures tomorrow, hopefully with a new roof, jerry can if I can find one I'm not using, etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, I'm still not done with it yet, but it's a junk RTR I found on Amazon..  It was less than $100 shipped.  :lol:  If it drives okay, I will swap out the electronics.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Z7HWBCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The interior for Billy and rear quarter arch I made, the roof I made as well, but I'm going to redo it as it's.a bit too short.  The headlights are off my Wild One body which I still need to paint the lens side.  

I lowered the front another 15mm tonight to get the stance corrected.   I will post more pictures tomorrow, hopefully with a new roof, jerry can if I can find one I'm not using, etc. 

Oh I thought you used and modified a WR-02 and put on another body. Nonetheless, looks great! :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cynan said:

Built my TF Evo.

I’ve decided not to use the window stickers and instead spray the inside using smoke. I think that’ll look better than using the stickers and hey if it looks rubbish can always put the stickers on after ?

Got to say I actually like the preprinted body. I don’t really enjoy painting and always worry I’ll mess it up and this allowed me to finish up today rather than waiting for better weather (except for the windows I plan on doing).

I do wish Tamiya supplied an unpainted body as well though - so you end up with a nice professionally painted body for the shelf and one to paint as you see fit for running. Perhaps they should sell preprinted shells separately and then the LHS can swap in/out/add depending on customer preference.

F1F2810B-38E3-4684-A94A-CF7986FCC4E9.jpeg

if you decide not to use the window stickers can i beg them off you please 

• Like 1

finally got the e-parts tree for the manta-ray resto practically the last piece in the puzzle last friday so today put on the front bumper and the rear thingy to the rear gearbox theat i use to pick up and hold it(that curved bit):lol:

and with all the plastics replaced 

all screws replaced 

kept the front and rear gears 

the shocks are original but rebuilt/serviced

the chassis tub is original 

the shell/wing/stickers are original 

the wheels /tyres are original

rods  and drive cups are original plus brass wear are original but polished 

i have orderd a top force evo propeller shaft but has yet to turn up 

all ball race have either been cleaned or replaced

all electrics are original (excuse the blue tape around the receiver as the case came apart back in the 90's and thats what i had to fix it at the time so as its been there all that time its staying

IMG_20210802_144357.jpg

IMG_20210802_144247.jpg

IMG_20210802_144910.jpg

• Like 8

IMG_Aug22021at43246PM.jpg.e17e61926169dfeb1d3c3433ca679279.jpg

IMG_Aug22021at43233PM.jpg.61cebe31368d07130bbca64645bb1142.jpg

So I drove this thing (RTR) today and quickly realized the ESC has no brake.. just forward and reverse.  The steering servo is adequate, but there is really no gradual steering control. It goes from straight to almost full lock with very little input to the steering..

The dampers were leaking oil and it is filled with grease, there is no piston but a long shaft with a large philips screw head.  LOL.   looks okay from the outside, but not really damping anything.   With the front spring swap and no oil/grease inside, the car actually drove decently.   I suppose with buggy dampers it could drive as well as a TT02B or something.   

Anyway, I'm going to swap out the electronics as it was kind of promising and Billy looked excited.   :lol:

BTW, I posted more pictures in the pictures-only thread if interested.. not sure if this thing sparks any interest.

• Like 6

dropped by LHS and got 11 1150 rubber sealed bearing, 1 can of ps5 and ordered 2 cans of PS52. i thought $10 for a 100ml can was crazy, the PS52 cans are $21 per can, i ordered 2 to have a back up can. my sprinter buggy tire set for the front??, the rubber tires have been pushed back by 2 months, scheduled for AUG 11 but i will believe it when the LHS calls me to say they are in... got the 2 sets of rims and 1 set of rubber tires but not the 2nd set of tires..

• Like 3

Went exploring and found a stretch of road for speed runs that is almost perfect, so I took the f104 out to see what it can do. Within about a min I learned I didn’t glue the tires :blink:, so at roughly 30 mph they’d come off and wedge themselves against the wing. Best I could manage was 35 mph. I glued the tires, modified it to fit a larger battery, packed a handful of silvercans (had a little smoke come out, it’s prob 10 years old and I bought the car used so no idea what it’s been through) and I think I’m ready to try again tomorrow to see if I can make the fastest list, or make an expensive fireball, either way should be fun :)

C70BBFFB-A813-48F2-A04C-43A596F9E799.jpeg

• Like 4

Did some upgrades to the new dt03 that arrived. Installed the turnbuckle set, new 3300 brushless esc/motor and steel pinion.

9656B7F7-F640-4C06-97F6-ECBA6E032778.jpeg

48A9A807-40E6-431F-B910-592B641E46FA.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, berman said:

Picked up number 14 today 😬

jxkARWq.jpg 

14 M chassis’?

Thats a lot, I peeked at 6 of any given model at the same time 😂

Is there a favourite one to run or work on? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

14 M chassis’?

Thats a lot, I peeked at 6 of any given model at the same time 😂

Is there a favourite one to run or work on? 

Yes it is a lot 😅 

I haven't run them all. Run all chassis configurations except the M07 (no receiver) and the M-Four (no esc/reciever, some parts missing) and have only run the M08 inside. But they all have merits and pitfalls. I like the M06, to work on and look at visually. But the M07 and M08 are a class above. The M-four is pretty unique, it almost isn't one. 🙂

• Like 1

All the rain in south Germany prevents my friends and me from driving…

In the last couple of days I wanted to work on my cars, but found nothing more to do, so I decided to build my first TT01 chassis. An Audi A4 btcc kit, that I bought nearly a year ago (TT01 kits are very affordable at the moment here with prices below 80€ including motor, esc and body set).

384a1914-3fdb-4113-b2qkih.jpeg

The build was nice. Compared to the TT02 it has its ups and downs. I enjoyed it:

8184c9ec-90da-4f60-85dkxt.jpeg

Coming to the body, I wasn’t in the mood to mask and paint. My old M3 now has this chassis and a place on the shelf:

6ca8410e-4430-448a-93wkr0.jpeg

Then yesterday, I felt sorry for my Tamiya Euro Cup (Gentleman class) TT02. It became a very nice full hop-up car last summer (as seen on „thercracer.com“), but then had to give away a lot of parts for my other projects (KR-mf and TT02 KR). So when it stood on the shelf without front axle and all sad, I took it and went through all my spare parts and even exchanged parts from other chassis to complete it as far as possible:

7d6c33aa-d087-4594-arpk4t.jpeg

266d4a95-78d9-4e02-a1jj28.jpeg

And that worked pretty well. Still some parts missing (damper and electronics). These are ordered and will be added in the coming days. If everything goes according to plan, I will use it in a friendship race in two weeks.

• Like 8

Morning folks,

Finally got around to painting/decaling the body for my Terra Conqueror. They're reproductions since I didn't want to use my NOS body set, but I'm happy with MCI Decals and Team Blue Groove as usual!

Resized_20210802_184229_6989.jpeg

Resized_20210802_184235_2377.jpeg

• Like 6

I fitted a pair of 55mm Yeah Racing Big Bore Go shocks to my refurbished Rough Rider. Thanks to whoever on this forum suggested this - one question though - as part of the process of fitting the shocks, you remove the torsion bar - does this have any negative impact on the chassis? Does the torsion bar stiffen and strengthen the chassis as well as providing the spring for the rear suspension?

I was thinking of some 70mm shocks for the front as well but the Yeah Racing ones are too wide to fit past the front arms. I have found some internally sprung shocks but I think I will see how the back is first.

• Like 2