Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@slydar Looks like my M03 after I let my wife drive it..   :lol:  Hope you get that fixed soon!

For me, Billy wanted his NOS and winch so his ask were granted..

IMG_Aug112021at30806PM.jpg.b82a7e9278711455b301f1a719f410f3.jpg

IMG_Aug112021at30831PM.jpg.c8c2cadeabb0498f1811e2a86586c45f.jpg

IMG_Aug112021at30819PM.jpg.78f39ccc87ade1f1f380bfa3ab0056ab.jpg

UPDATE: Finally my black wheel nuts arrived so installed them!   

IMG_Aug112021at41945PM.jpg.6ba289ccd5d5c3af55c3b6725e594c6a.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
Black wheel nuts finally arrived!
  • Like 13

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@slydar Looks like my M03 after I let my wife drive it..   :lol:  Hope you get that fixed soon!

For me, Billy wanted his NOS and winch so his ask were granted..

IMG_Aug112021at30806PM.jpg.b82a7e9278711455b301f1a719f410f3.jpg

IMG_Aug112021at30831PM.jpg.c8c2cadeabb0498f1811e2a86586c45f.jpg

IMG_Aug112021at30819PM.jpg.78f39ccc87ade1f1f380bfa3ab0056ab.jpg

Already fixed. But now down to 0 spares. Going to order an Xtraspeed lower gear cover I think. Seems like a worthwhile hop up. 

On 8/11/2021 at 4:07 PM, slydar said:

Already fixed. But now down to 0 spares. Going to order an Xtraspeed lower gear cover I think. Seems like a worthwhile hop up. 

Sounds good.   Is that like a skid plate?  

IMG_Sep52021at71843PM.jpg.6476941e7e3d3d1f6107ae22efb2b944.jpg

Spent most of the last 8 hours trying to sort out parts for a steering post on a TRF201 - trying to build a new 201 but it's almost impossible to get all parts...

• Sad 1

Spent 6.5hr working, lost power and gave up on trying to finish the shift after 30min, let boss know I had no power to be able to work, cut out an hour early, Dad and I went and grabbed dinner, now just waiting for the power to come back and/sun to go down then go to bed.

Today I saw a unicorn! (A Supra that isn’t red) was yellow, maybe it was the lighting but not a fan of the yellow.
In rc related news:

f104 pro

I put a new silver can in, new tires, learned I’m horrible at putting stickers on tires, decided I didn’t care I’m horrible at it, and then put new wings on it so it’s ready for its new body I have yet to paint. Once the body is ready I’ll attempt a new speed record for it.

f104 pro 2

put the motor in, swapped a few stock parts for hop ups, if it gets traction it should be pretty fast, and I’m sure it’ll end in a spectacular and expensive crash. I’ll consider it a win if I can get a couple passes out of it before that happens, not gonna count on it though.

f103

decided I want to see how fast I can get the p34 to go, started to put new electronics in but can’t decide if I want to go silver can or an overpowered brushless setup, so now it waits.

G601

Started swapping out bushings in the dump truck for bearings, nothing exciting.

6BEC86F3-1E55-42DC-A203-D3EAC6350215.jpeg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, slydar said:

Thats for the DF01 right? It is worthwhile, I had to repair mine after my nephew stood on it and the xtraspeed piece is a good fit and is holding up well

• Thanks 1

Well I've certainly had my RC fix over the last few days, turned the wheels of 7 cars in total,  Monster Beetle, Brat, Porsche, 2CV, Mini, Buggy Champ and Javelin Scorcher, it'll be a while before that happen's again sure is nice when you get the chance 😎

40A85F94-1663-4195-A5F6-88546356459D.jpg

1E405CA6-9DD8-4ECC-BB00-A43043E61F19.jpg

5886C01C-8BA9-4EC0-AF4F-097649C18B5B.jpg

64566790-03CF-4050-9B5F-A33529EAB901.jpg

• Like 16

Well, technically, that was yesterday, but I mounted the video today...

A head strap is a must to capture videos while driving a rc car... 

• Like 4

Im actually painting my RX Memorial with candy Tamiya paint. Would you put clear coat right after the final paint coat or let the paint sat 12hours then put the clear coat ?

• Like 1

ordered some spares for the manta and sabre. 2 red upright knuckles sets (spares) and a ball plate for the boomerang chassis. nothing crazy, just considering the suspension and steering components can suffer some damage in impacts.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Goudar said:

Im actually painting my RX Memorial with candy Tamiya paint. Would you put clear coat right after the final paint coat or let the paint sat 12hours then put the clear coat ?

From what I read, people that waited too long ended up with flaking clear due to different shrink rates so it's up to you, but I would spray the clear as the base coat is drying..so within 10 min.   I would read up on the issues people had with TS paint so that you have the info needed to make your decision.  I usually don't use glossy TS clear coat so I do not know first hand. 

I use an acrylic based matte clear by Mr. SuperClear.  It is a very forgiving spray where I can apply only like an hour after brush painting enamel without issue; on the contrary, I've had no issue spraying it over fully cured TS paints as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just sold my black Lunchbox, super happy to another one on it’s way.

I’ll pack it and send it tomorrow and then set the FF03 up to go next time eBay has another fee deal 👍

• Like 4

Besides doing some detailing on my 1:1 cars, today was clean up the RC shop day..  moved shelves around and vacuumed.  Also drove my GF01 WW2 and my new GF01TR Beetle aka Billy's Toad (gama gaeru) back to back.  

They are good in their own ways, GF01TR with the looser diff drives nice now.   I like it's mechanical noise from the reduction gears and smoothness in the power delivery.  

I ordered a set of the same soft tires on the GF01TR for my GF01.  The soft tires grip real well and I want my WW2 to have the same grip.  If all goes well, I will swap tires on my other GF01 and 3 or so WR02's and CW01 I have.   

• Like 3

Finally got some paint and decals on my Turbo Optima. PS49 Sky Blue with pearl white and gold accents. Still deciding on how to use the window decals. The rere has them tinted in solid gray, which doesn’t look quite right to me. 

3898CBA3-62A7-4E27-B7DB-5686FED987D6.jpeg

• Like 21

did a bit of shopping and a trip to LHS to pick up  the PS paint for the sabre. bought 14awg black wire 4m long automotive/general standard, will need to drop by later for the red 14AWG as they were out at the time. they did have blue 14AWG i couldve used but the 14AWG XT60/tamiya connectors variants arent the highest priority for now. got some good wire strippers so my other set can stay at work, got a few 4" zip ties for hobby purposes. dropped by LHS to pick up PS52 anodized paint. silver is box art for sabre but im going  for a slightly different metallic color. the ts75 is there for comparison purposes. the sabre rims have yellowed a bit with age to be a light tan :) so im happy with that color.

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

• Like 4

Another day, this time with the Hornet, while the sea has not peaked yet... As a result, it is more off-road and bumpy, but remain manageable... 

• Like 3

The old HPI Firebolt motor on my Hornet was finally toast, so I chucked in a Sport Tuned and took the car for a drive through a fancy neighborhood :D

20210813-193842.jpg

20210813-184351.jpg

• Like 6

Took the lunch box and tt02 today for some runs. Finally killed 1 tamiya connector 5000mah battery with lunch box, ran 40min on fresh battery with tt02 is parking lot run. Had some steering issues with lunch as I had to correct steering too much and way too often. Adjusted steering trim and dual rate so only slight changes at speed were needed. It runs like I expected on grass with stock setting and oil dampers. Not great speed or grip but I had some fun, found some tree roots that extended above ground and crawled over them. Tt02 some mock postal racing in the lot, picked up a handful of rocks during the run there in the parking lot. I had to get the 2nd of 3 TAMIYA NIMH 5000 MAH batteries charged to run both of them. Got to charge 4 batteries now to refresh the charge to full.

• Like 2

Dad finished the left front corner on the 200 is done and once I was off work, we got the front brakes bled then took it out for a couple hours. Once the brakes started to wear in, it stopped much better, though we had to be careful as it stops a lot quicker and nearly choked Dad with the seatbelt by accident at one point 😳 It also cornered better though it road a touch stiffer, was much more willing to rotate than before and didn’t wallow during directional changes like it had prior to that too.  I think Dad is even more pleased with how it turned out than I am too!

56096003-8737-4D3E-86E4-B9F75284AE2A.jpe
A0F7161D-DA22-4983-AF2F-7A239B5ACEFC.jpe

• Like 2

Upgraded the steering on my f103gt and gave it a proper shock, as soon as can get my hands on some paint I’ll get the body done and have a finished car.

F7D5D403-D0F6-41BA-8992-727C4A96AB91.jpeg

• Like 6

LOL just watching "trucks" movie, the Stephen King truck version of the Christine movie, just saw a very disturbing scene there was a heavy dump RC truck that was possessed by whatever that killed a mail man delivering mail to a toy store... i had to double check where my built RC kits were before i could continue watching the scene :unsure:.that scene segment is up on YT if you  are interested, but its graphic and GF01 owners's should be wary of their RC kits...

thankfully i dont have a GF01 but i got 3 built kits ...

• Haha 1