Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today, found some spot on the beach to jump... 

That is where I measured how much I'm in desperate need for power... In any case, most of the people feel amused with our cars running on the beach... Kids are envious and fathers are asking questions  :-)

• Like 3

Started prepping some bashed up wheels for a repaint + new tires :D

gh_wheelresto_01.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/13/2021 at 5:50 AM, Room335 said:

Finally got some paint and decals on my Turbo Optima. PS49 Sky Blue with pearl white and gold accents. Still deciding on how to use the window decals. The rere has them tinted in solid gray, which doesn’t look quite right to me. 

3898CBA3-62A7-4E27-B7DB-5686FED987D6.jpeg

This is a nice paint scheme.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Today, found some spot on the beach to jump... 

That is where I measured how much I'm in desperate need for power... In any case, most of the people feel amused with our cars running on the beach... Kids are envious and fathers are asking questions  :-)

And wives are saying "No, you can't have one!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Swapped tires on my GF01 based WW2 and took it out for a spin.  Now drives like it should. :D  Very pleased with these tires. 

Ordered more for my other GF01 and WR02's.  

IMG_Aug142021at14200PM.jpg.9594d09286b6f8455ba34cd19433a358.jpg

• Like 5

Trimmed some bodies and getting them prepped for paint, hoping to paint today but we’ll see what happens. Also lined the f1s up for group shot since they were all scattered about, the p34 and trf are still waiting for their new electronics to arrive.

612480E3-C847-4B7B-AED5-D754F71FC8AC.jpeg

924C651A-DC35-461B-857E-0B83FACCAE8C.jpeg

• Like 7

@ImALlama Nice collection you got there!

In other news for me, I swapped out the leaking CVA shorts o-rings with TRF x-rings on my GF01TR.

No more leaks! :D

IMG_Aug142021at24318PM.jpg.9ae42a06a085f6655a45c5ec9e60ea43.jpg

IMG_Aug142021at24332PM.jpg.315f413a3a1358069b661a3fc1aa417f.jpg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@ImALlama Nice collection you got there!

In other news for me, I swapped out the leaking CVA shorts o-rings with TRF x-rings on my GF01TR.

No more leaks! :D

IMG_Aug142021at24318PM.jpg.9ae42a06a085f6655a45c5ec9e60ea43.jpg

IMG_Aug142021at24332PM.jpg.315f413a3a1358069b661a3fc1aa417f.jpg

How does it drive with those? Kinda want those for mine!

19 minutes ago, BJoe76 said:

How does it drive with those? Kinda want those for mine!

These tires are a bomb!   They totally transformed my GF01 as far as the grip I wanted.  And they are very soft so can do some nice crawler-like driving too.   They were kit tires on my GF01TR and it is definitely the tires I want on my other GF01’s  and WR02’s.  

I’m definitely keeping these tires off the ground while my cars are not in use so they do not flat spot. 

As for the CVA’s they are quite smooth and absorbs bumps real well.   On my WR02 on  Honda City I use the friction dampers though without the rubber inserts inside.   

• Like 1

Last weekend I painted my sons room…. This weekend I’m doing the hallway and three closets…

Painting lexan bodies is more fun…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Last weekend I painted my sons room…. This weekend I’m doing the hallway and three closets…

im not so sure about that. if you have too many bodies that need painting then it becomes a chore to cut, prep, fit and paint the lexan bodies...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frog Jumper said:

You the man.  Painting drywall is a lot of work, but has the highest return vs the $ you put in towards the home.  

Last summer I did some drywall maintenance on the ceiling of my garage (aka car lounge) and painted it with my son.  It was A LOT of neck-hurting work, but it was all worth it at the end.  

• Like 1

Well it looks like I’ll be ordering a couple more f1 bodies :wacko:

The first one I didn’t read the lid and started spraying it the wrong color. Turns out I owned a can of sparkling pink anodized, and now my car is pink. I forgot I had it and thought the pink lid was ps47 pink/gold, so I just kept spraying then went to see what other colors I had on hand so I could experiment.

The next body made sure not to do that again, everything was going perfect. Sprayed another coat, everything looked great, checked it few minutes later still good, sprayed another coat on the pink body, came back to it and checked it again and was a mess of runs. Looks like garbage, so it gets to be another experimental body.

Should be done painting soon, I’ll probably sticker them tomorrow, and then post pics of my beautiful paint jobs :lol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ImALlama said:

The first one I didn’t read the lid and started spraying it the wrong color. Turns out I owned a can of sparkling pink anodized, and now my car is pink. I forgot I had it and thought the pink lid was ps47 pink/gold, so I just kept spraying then went to see what other colors I had on hand so I could experiment.

All is not lost, maybe turn it into. Force India F1?

13CA681B-FAC2-456A-9CEF-EBC5F520EE67.md.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another run at sunset time yesterday... At the end, I believe the steering servo with plastic gearing is almost at the end of its life (the screw is no longer keeping the servo saver in place). I have spare servo with me, but will try to fix it differently when I'll have some time for this.

jnUCydF.jpg

KDoiKzD.jpg

• Like 4

Technically yesterday, but who's keeping track lol. It took me 5 hours to get from axles and gearbox to a nearly finished crawler chassis. It's great fun, and crawlers are VERY different to build than the usual Tamiya buggy/touring car for sure.

This is a Gmade GS02F Buffalo for those who are wondering. While I have no previous experience with crawlers, I know build quality when I see it, and this has it in spades.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-15 at 3.17.50 PM.jpeg

• Like 6

More cleaning of the Marui Shogun parts.

Last weekend, I cleaned most of them all off using terpintine and a brush, to get rid of 99% of the grease and zand/dust on the various parts.

Today, a lot of rounds with the ultrasonic cleaner to get the last grime off.
The shocks are in now. They were filled with regular oil and have some scoring on the shafts, so need a good cleanup and polishing...

• Like 2

Modified my GF01 and WW2 body to lower it one notch down from where I had it before.   I did not cut Willy’s shoe, btw.   That would be horrible for Willy.  :blink:

Also made fender liners for the front to cut off all light visible towards the front of the body underneath for a cleaner look.  

IMG_Aug152021at32633PM.thumb.jpg.2e9c681d89827774800d9e11b15c33c9.jpg

- vs- factory height WW2 (WR02)..

IMG_Aug152021at41520PM.jpg.77270e5b165ac1fdc1c06133a69c6259.jpg

Only slightly visible trim from the top if someone was familiar with the WW2 body..

IMG_Aug162021at60013PM.jpg.abb3025c2aaf21a93bf8e6168b404458.jpg

• Like 7

Finished stickering the basher body for my M-05Ra. 

20210815204023_IMG_0966.thumb.JPG.8ce41872b850a7e8cf72d2597c4cf3b3.JPG

• Like 6

Did a little work on the Jimny and Willy, no pics for Willy, but added weight to the bumper, put a longer tube on the antenna, and moved the ESC forward to try and put more weight on the front tires.

.F5FCC736-0F63-4B95-B098-D8C51125B282.jpe
18B9B7B6-DCC3-413C-A246-04D3194E345A.jpe
4CC2E652-7527-4EA5-9306-A6EB539B07B0.jpe

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Modified my GF01 and WW2 body to lower it one notch down from where I had it before.   I did not cut Willy’s shoe, btw.   That would be horrible for Willy.  :blink:

Also made fender liners for the front to cut off all light visible towards the front of the body underneath for a cleaner look.  

IMG_Aug152021at32633PM.thumb.jpg.2e9c681d89827774800d9e11b15c33c9.jpg

- vs- factory height WW2 (WR02)..

IMG_Aug152021at41520PM.jpg.77270e5b165ac1fdc1c06133a69c6259.jpg

I took a Dremel to that foot on mine to thin out the sole of the shoe, but also cut down on the part of the chassis where body clip for battery cover goes through. Between that and the modification to the bottom of the floor where the big hole was, I don’t think I can get the body any lower.  I am curious, what method did you use to paint the Monster Beetle TR wheels? I may want to shoot mine in flat black to try on mine, if I do that. Are you using any foams in those tires too? I put the firmer Schumacher ones in what it has now.

19 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

All is not lost, maybe turn it into. Force India F1?

13CA681B-FAC2-456A-9CEF-EBC5F520EE67.md.

That would’ve been perfect, or close enough, perfect if I had the newer body. Wish I had jumped on here before continuing with it.

So here they are! The pink one came out all right, in sunlight blue shines through at certain angles and looks pretty good. The red one, well this is the best angle that makes it look least like the horrifying nightmare it truly is. Started out great, then all kinds of things just kept going wrong. Planned on using it for speed attempts anyway so maybe a crash or fire will sort it out :lol:.

CC5350F6-0CC3-4A95-BF09-B4B89C9D4313.thumb.jpeg.979193336d3d491125e696c1f632863a.jpegC6D2B9EE-EFE7-48F3-B7C3-109DCB78A4AE.thumb.jpeg.6eca8d99d7065b4ec44ae9d596139754.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BJoe76 said:

I took a Dremel to that foot on mine to thin out the sole of the shoe, but also cut down on the part of the chassis where body clip for battery cover goes through. Between that and the modification to the bottom of the floor where the big hole was, I don’t think I can get the body any lower.  I am curious, what method did you use to paint the Monster Beetle TR wheels? I may want to shoot mine in flat black to try on mine, if I do that. Are you using any foams in those tires too? I put the firmer Schumacher ones in what it has now.

On my GF01 I completely removed the left side of the battery lid including the clip area.  That alone gave plenty of clearance for Willy's foot without cutting.  (My cars are all designed around Willy and Billy so if anything needs to be cut, it would be on the car side).  I also trimmed half of the bottom of the body where the "L" shaped reinforcement is under the shifter area and opened up the rectangular hole (for the switch on the M38) to provide clearance for the right side battery clip area.  The next highest point to the bottom of the body is the steering servo, but it is already at the same height as the WR02 WW2, so I'm happy where it is.

As for the GF01TR Beetle wheels, I just used TS70.   The only prep I did was lightly sanded the lips on both ends.  If spraying over WW2's chrome plated wheels, I would sand the chrome completely off at the lips and leading edges prior to TS paint.  No foams in the tires, I like them soft for max grip.  :D  No glue used either.   I only run black can on my GF01 and factory Torque Tuned on my GF01TR.     

I have a couple more sets of spiked tires coming so going to paint the WR02 Jimny's wheels (factory is white) either black or gunmetal using TS tomorrow.  I think I'm going to paint my other GF01's (LandCruiser body with WW2 wheels)  black as well.