Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Installed hood side decals on my restored M38’s that were missing them.  Very pleased.  I will do one more later.

IMG_Aug172021at75834AM.jpg.c0566ddd9aaa1c73045bf2eb957b306a.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Installed hood side decals on my restored M38’s that were missing them.  Very pleased.  I will do one more later.

IMG_Aug172021at75834AM.jpg.c0566ddd9aaa1c73045bf2eb957b306a.jpg

Are those three painted in different colors?  If so, what are the TS paint numbers, please?  

8 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Are those three painted in different colors?  If so, what are the TS paint numbers, please?  

Yes, my 3 favorite olive drabs are:   TS5, TS28, TS70.  

TS28 is the lightest olive of the 3  

TS5 is a darker olive

TS70 is the darkest of the 3, nearing gray 

• Thanks 1

I had a go at using hydrogen peroxide + sunlight to remove the yellowing on some formerly white wheels.

I  did two to start with (small container) but as soon as I put them outside the glorious sunshine disappeared of course - so this is the result of 2 mostly overcast days.

Wasserstoffperoxid

They're actually quite a bit whiter than the camera on my mobile shows, but the before / after effect is still pretty good!

Now for the next two...

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I had a go at using hydrogen peroxide + sunlight to remove the yellowing on some formerly white wheels.

I  did two to start with (small container) but as soon as I put them outside the glorious sunshine disappeared of course - so this is the result of 2 mostly overcast days.

Wasserstoffperoxid

They're actually quite a bit whiter than the camera on my mobile shows, but the before / after effect is still pretty good!

Now for the next two...

I believe you can use UV light also. 👍 

I was going to order another RC car yesterday, but chanced upon a very nice solid Rimu (NZ indigenous tree) corner cabinet for a very cheap price. It has 4 glass shelves (not in picture, they were packed away) and storage in the bottom. It also has a led light in the top. I managed to make sure her indoors wasn't interested in it, or putting anything in it, and have the intention of putting some of my finished m-chassis cars in it on display.

It is sitting at work, but I can no longer go and pick it up, as the country is in a minimum 3 day compulsory lockdown. 

Also the Rc Truck Show has been cancelled, so I guess I am sitting indoors for the next three days, doing rc stuff if the family will let me. Makes me glad I went and picked up my tank and two other trucks from the LHS last night.

0yK1xOZ.jpg

• Like 6

Disregarding the headache of the m3 screws, it took me 6 minutes?? To put the 2 body mounts. They fit nicely on the chassis and body. Might make this a shelf queen until replacement parts arrive but I will make sure its a runner. Will get around to reverse masking the window then for the other 4 colors im gonna paint on it in stages.

Haven't yet cut out the wing nor mounted the wing holder yet. I can deal with 0.5mm play on the gear box/tub but that loose front bumper isn't acceptable to me.

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yes, my 3 favorite olive drabs are:   TS5, TS28, TS70.  

TS28 is the lightest olive of the 3  

TS5 is a darker olive

TS70 is the darkest of the 3, nearing gray 

Would it be like this?

1IBAfTW.jpg

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

Would it be like this?

1IBAfTW.jpg

Yes, that looks correct!  Just to confirm, this is TS70 on the Flamingo below.   The roof may appear as though I am using a different color, but it is all TS70.   

My lighting is 2700K so it appears warmer than it really is. 

IMG_Apr62021at51115PM.thumb.jpg.e1905f15d6ed75c2a8e3f7c163bc8d73.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

washed the manta body and let it dry. repurposed amazon bubble wrap envelope as a masking device to save on tape after reverse masking the window. 1 thin layer of PS5 first. will get the window done today.

Ugg, snap lockdown, whole country on stay at home orders. First cases in the community for 170 days and it's delta.

Certainly the right thing to do, go hard, go fast, so no complaints here... but my Fighting Buggy hasn't arrived yet! Need to find another RC project to continue or complete whilst I wait. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I did the side of hood decals on my camo Willy.  Finally all of my M38’s have these decals.  

IMG_Aug172021at52054PM.jpg.da8f5ed59fb97ac467b1022513496906.jpg

• Like 4

Today I went to a new location -surprisingly empty- for the Manta Ray to stretch her limbs. This place is really good, can't wait to go back with a new set of spiked tires! The slicks didn't do it any justice, but it was still fun.

20210817-172529.jpg

20210817-183513.gif

Screenshot-20210817-182912-Video-Player.

20210817-183841.jpg

Screenshot-20210817-182101-Video-Player.

20210817-160332-1.gif

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yes, that looks correct!  Just to confirm, this is TS70 on the Flamingo below.   The roof may appear as though I am using a different color, but it is all TS70.   

My lighting is 2700K so it appears warmer than it really is. 

IMG_Apr62021at51115PM.thumb.jpg.e1905f15d6ed75c2a8e3f7c163bc8d73.jpg

Thank you!   I prefer TS28, or TS5.  My current favorite color is orange, olive drab was my old favorite. Hence the interest.  Olive drab has so many variations, it's good to know which TS paint is what.  

I imagine TS70 is somewhat darker like this? (I altered the color)

hAuVwR6.jpg

Japanese self defense force green is rather dark. 

pNjwEmW.jpg

I built 2 modern Japanese armor in 48th scale, so I'll have to mix something similar to TS70.  

FDp1kF0.jpg

q38ikpd.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Juggular said:

I built 2 modern Japanese armor in 48th scale, so I'll have to mix something similar to TS70.  

FDp1kF0.jpg

q38ikpd.jpg

Nice 👍🏻, feel free to add to this thread….

I’m sure your Egg plane would be the first on there 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’m sure your Egg plane would be the first on there 

Sorry, I did not know Egg planes were a hot commodity!   I kid.. :lol:

I made that P51 for my wife earlier this year for fun, but it's stashed away in her book case somewhere.  I even placed it in a nice clear baseball display box too.. no dice.  She has no interest in planes even if they look comical.

• Haha 2

painted teh manta window all black. had some dust on there as i didnt notice it until to late. got a decent result, cleaned the overspray. did 1 side wing in metallic purple though the complete side isnt done, sprayed the front cockpit, metallic wine red though i thing i forgot the pattern i wanted to do. its not a big issue as it was a toss up, got the dorsal fins in the same red. have a pretty good paint bleed on it but it will get cleaned up. i need to do the other side purple then spray metallic blue. when that is done i will use silver to back the blue and paint the main body. its a fairly complex design but not impossible.

my current progress on the body, the purple will be replicated on the other side and blue on the sides

IMG_4767.JPG

IMG_4768.JPG

• Like 4

#LockdownLife

I sorted hundreds of small parts into zip-lock bags today, most of them were unused or replaced parts for historical builds, e.g. bushings that were replaced with bearings, stock screws that were replaced with stainless or titanium, unused sprues and plastic parts etc. To be honest I have so many spare and leftover parts that I doubt I'll ever finish but today I completed:

• TA02 parts (and found an unused tub)
  • M01 screw bags and parts
  • M03 screw bags and parts
  • M05 screw bags and parts
  • SRB (Sand Scorcher) screw bags and parts
  • TRF501X/511 parts

Also rediscovered a few stock 540's, a FHSS receiver, low profile metal gear servo, white Egress (used) rear wheels, 2/3 (missing an end plate 🙄) of an unpainted 'Racing Rear Wing Set A' (53055, not the new one), and a bunch of new off-brand body clips and blue aluminium cap screws.

If anyone happens to think they could benefit from any of the above (except the TRF parts and electronics) feel free to PM me but keep in mind I can't do PayPal so we'd have to work around that if there were costs involved.

And I received confirmation that my Fighting Buggy has shipped! 👍

New Zealand's snap lockdown had reminded me just how tough some countries are doing it so I hope you're all as safe and well as can be. 😷

• Like 4

I've been up since very early today for international video meetings for work so it's been a long day so far.. 

But to reward myself, I've been driving my GF01 WW2 and M38 back to back during my breaks and I realized that even though my  GF01 is running a black can and oil dampers (phenomenally more stable to drive vs M38), it is not much faster than my nimble M38 running a standard silver can around my little track setup.  My M38 might actually be a touch faster overall..  hummmmmm... well, not that it matters as I don’t go all out driving GP’s.. looks odd.

11 hours ago, djmcnz said:

#LockdownLife

I sorted hundreds of small parts into zip-lock bags today, most of them were unused or replaced parts for historical builds, e.g. bushings that were replaced with bearings, stock screws that were replaced with stainless or titanium, unused sprues and plastic parts etc. To be honest I have so many spare and leftover parts that I doubt I'll ever finish but today I completed:

• TA02 parts (and found an unused tub)
  • M01 screw bags and parts
  • M03 screw bags and parts
  • M05 screw bags and parts
  • SRB (Sand Scorcher) screw bags and parts
  • TRF501X/511 parts

Also rediscovered a few stock 540's, a FHSS receiver, low profile metal gear servo, white Egress (used) rear wheels, 2/3 (missing an end plate 🙄) of an unpainted 'Racing Rear Wing Set A' (53055, not the new one), and a bunch of new off-brand body clips and blue aluminium cap screws.

If anyone happens to think they could benefit from any of the above (except the TRF parts and electronics) feel free to PM me but keep in mind I can't do PayPal so we'd have to work around that if there were costs involved.

And I received confirmation that my Fighting Buggy has shipped! 👍

New Zealand's snap lockdown had reminded me just how tough some countries are doing it so I hope you're all as safe and well as can be. 😷

Ya know, I know this fella, that has a rather unhealthy addiction to m-chassis cars, that may have a use for those M01/3/5 parts depending on price and what they are... and could do a bank transfer so wouldn't have to use Paypal...

:wub:

• Haha 2

Today I came up with what I hope will be a great solution to this mess, unfortunately no one locally has what I need so looks like I’ll be ordering more stuff and it’ll just have to wait. :(

0172EDDE-5C6A-4EBE-A422-292CC2992EAF.thumb.jpeg.476a00a1b2c441bac03f028453f03d2c.jpeg

• Like 6

@ImALlama It looks like a marble pattern  which actually looks unique and cool.  I suppose you could try a few decals and see if you can sharpen the look with the marble background.  I think it can work. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

Today I came up with what I hope will be a great solution to this mess, unfortunately no one locally has what I need so looks like I’ll be ordering more stuff and it’ll just have to wait. :(

Yup great effect you got there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, berman said:

Ya know, I know this fella, that has a rather unhealthy addiction to m-chassis cars, that may have a use for those M01/3/5 parts depending on price and what they are... and could do a bank transfer so wouldn't have to use Paypal...

:wub:

I'm sure we can work something, just keep in mind that it's mostly low value stuff.

I'll take some pictures today and send you a PM.

• Like 1