Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, nel33 said:

Sounds like you have a spare place for another kit...

Yeah, I'm trying to decide whether to paint the SandScorcher a dull red/black theme or drab/black theme..  or just place an entirely different car there..  What do you think?

57 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, I'm trying to decide whether to paint the SandScorcher a dull red/black theme or drab/black theme..  or just place an entirely different car there..  What do you think?

id say put in a kit that looks totally out of place in the center like that trike. you'd wonder how something drastically different got in the center formation. something ridiculous in the center of military jeep circle.

• Like 2

Last night I assembled the super mini dampers and installed them on the M04 beetle. My 4yo boy had is jabs yesterday and was up all night reacting to it, so I stayed home with him today. Since he's been asleep most of the afternoon, I built the M06 for the Renault Alpine.

Then took a pic of my disease 😬

Not only is there 5 bodies to paint in the photo, I also have 4 more in the wardrobe...

EcXpE8L.jpg

ZSfhjwk.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Wish I had such talent @silvertriple!

So I moved my Willy Fast Time Attack Vehicle to the front shelf.. what to place here in this void.. 

IMG_Sep82021at61408PM.jpg.33097bf7d29619d1b6843632b3b606a2.jpg

My OCD says 3x3 :ph34r:

😆

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

You know, it's not talent, and it's actually very easy to do...

In terms of tools, they are pretty basic

SpdytHB.jpg?1

Then there is Tinkercad, and it's quite intuitive, and if you need there should be a few tutorial on Youtube... It's web based, and therefore should be easy to work with, even with a tablet, as long as you have a mouse, as you need a pointer...

And last, it's just a question of trying... I don't think I'm using my brain much for this, actually :-)

I believe most of the people should be able to do this, really. And with our hobby, especially if you are into vintage, I believe a 3D Printer and be able to model simple things (you need to start by simple things) are quite convenient tools to fix our rc cars flaws...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

546EA54B-AFE6-463F-8779-05DB253735DE.thumb.jpeg.3a2100e922d4b9d8f27a63821744b371.jpeg

Would have finished the Egress build today but I accidentally fitted a lock-nut rather than a flat nut to the front knuckle. A couple of hours later I realised my mistake. When I tried to remove it the knuckle broke :(

Not the first time I’ve had to backtrack because I’ve used the wrong part, but this one hurt!

Luckily I had already ordered Yeah Racing Aluminium Knuckles to fit. Now I just need them to hurry up and arrive. I’m dying to get the Egress out for a ride. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

The Hornet has set its wheels in Nova Scotia for the first time. Red mud, red rocks, red sand and red water! It was also a very wet and rainy day.

20210909-150544.jpg

20210909-152038.jpg

We quickly visited another LHS in Halifax, what a great place... and they do Vintage Tamiya racing!!! 😱😨 WHY can't the LHSs in Montreal do that? Not enough people into Tamiyas in a four-million people city I guess 😥

Anyway, bought a new pinion for the Hornet since my original looks more like a horse spur by now, so it was very much needed!

20210909-135704.jpg

20210909-152327.jpg

• Like 10

Nice pictures again, @Ferruz   I liked your picture in the other photos-only thread where your Hornet blasts through the "Slow Quiet Zone".  :lol:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

The Hornet has set its wheels in Nova Scotia for the first time. Red mud, red rocks, red sand and red water! It was also a very wet and rainy day.

20210909-152038.jpg

Great pics and nice place. In my opinion it doesn't matter what weather is when you're by the sea. I like it anyway. Enjoy your holiday and keep up posting such nice pics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stretched the wheelbase of my MST CMX to fit the Ford F-350 body. I have to rework it, as it is slightly to long. But it's going in the right direction. Not sure about the wheel / tire combination.

But I love this Tamiya shell...

IMG20210909205957_compress23.thumb.jpg.a0c0a41d9bcf5507aa2921662379ef77.jpg

Now I need to work out the best way to mount the body on the chassis. I will check the High-Lift manual later.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Stretched the wheelbase of my MST CMX to fit the Ford F-350 body. I have to rework it, as it is slightly to long. But it's going in the right direction. Not sure about the wheel / tire combination.

But I love this Tamiya shell...

IMG20210909205957_compress23.thumb.jpg.a0c0a41d9bcf5507aa2921662379ef77.jpg

Now I need to work out the best way to mount the body on the chassis. I will check the High-Lift manual later.

I personally would  buy a magnetic body mounting kit for it 7 mount that ford body with it would look very clean

• Like 1

Decided to remove the shrink wrap and open my SandScorcher box to check out the goodness. :wub:

IMG_Sep92021at52345PM.jpg.7fb7410d1f93830edc96717c6c82d0ab.jpg

I remembered a member having issues with the universal so decided to take a closer look at the blister pack.. Seems I have a problem too.. like one missing(?).. :wacko: LOL :lol:

IMG_Sep92021at52415PM.jpg.3778a22a2ea1068722ddc638542f5326.jpg

Dumped the entire box out .. and found it.   Geez, enough excitement for today.. :blink:

IMG_Sep92021at52436PM.jpg.93512e6aaf217a2015ad1911bd1c39f4.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So I moved my Willy Fast Time Attack Vehicle to the front shelf.. what to place here in this void.. 

58539 😉

On 9/7/2021 at 7:13 PM, Badcrumble said:

Hmm, best give Joanne a call. She's super helpful and will be able to check for you.

Enjoy your new buggy!

Tried calling them today, no answer. Emailed them again and Joanne confirmed the pre order went through correctly. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:15 AM, Willy iine said:

A GF-06 Bus in Olive Drab full of Private Willy's on they're way to Boot Camp...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, berman said:

Last night I assembled the super mini dampers and installed them on the M04 beetle. My 4yo boy had is jabs yesterday and was up all night reacting to it, so I stayed home with him today. Since he's been asleep most of the afternoon, I built the M06 for the Renault Alpine.

EcXpE8L.jpg

Hope the little fella recovers soon.

Big Squid mentioned the Alpine was coming round again, but that must be over a year ago now, so it doesn't look like it will which is a shame.

• Like 1

fairly significant day today. was too lazy to go biking at 6pm despite the nice weather. decided to put the wasted time to use on the manta. got the molex crimpers out to put the motor plugs on the 1080 ESC 2 times as i added a 2mm extra wire the first time. cut and trimmed to the previous length so the full can could fit in the tube when i manage to put it 100% in. paired the Flysky GT5 and receiver together and set the 1080 parameters in a similar method you'd have a crawler though i did omit the crawler settings in some areas to fit a fast 4wd buggy where they applied. i couldnt do a decent speed and mobility test due to the repairs/replacements i need to do regarding the gear boxes and front bumper. left the electronics loose and only mild steering inputs, i will need to set the EPA as i see that the default movement is a bit too much for the steering allowances.

i got most of the items needed for the repairs though am still waiting for LHS to get the traxxas 3x10mm self tapping screws for the gearbox/chassis mounts. not going to be using YR screws here after what got me in this situation though they will be used when the self tapping threads wear out. i can try a mod/drill through to fix the front bumper to be solid, though spare parts will make that a back up option. i now have 4 out of 6 running kits though technically i wont really run the manta until its issues are fixed. the faster i can make the manta a main runner the faster i can start the TD then Super Sabre...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

58539 😉

I had my WillyFast Time Attack Vehicle sitting there just prior so would not make much sense.. (?) 

IMG_Jul142021at121406PM.thumb.jpg.60442cc1f23948fbc14676c1a91ea6e0.jpg

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2021 at 6:11 AM, nel33 said:

id say put in a kit that looks totally out of place in the center like that trike. you'd wonder how something drastically different got in the center formation. something ridiculous in the center of military jeep circle.

What about a hippy ban the bomb. 🌼🌻🌷🌺🌸💐inspired VW microbus on a wheelie chassis!

• Haha 4

On 9/9/2021 at 5:12 AM, Willy iine said:

I think one painted gold would look ******* cool.

Or the Jurassic Park colours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apologies triple post (Tamiya Club crashed as posting...so rather than just wait for an admin to delete).

Today I took my truck to the park to drive around a little.

zro2uoD.jpg

ha6DdTr.jpg

• Like 7

I also purchased an MFX-01 - my second Tamiya (and probably my last for a long while)

This will get turned into a light off road truck at the same scale as the one above.

Deigning parts to reinforce things on a chassis is not an easy thing.... I got parts to reinforce the bumper fixation, but since they did look like something which have no purpose, I modified them to fit a purpose... But then it doesn't fit anymore the orignal intent...

rfPwVz3.jpg

But it's fun, and I will find a way, that looks nice, integrated, and fitting the intended purpose !!! And definitely, since there is front lights, rear lights are a must (even if they are fake :-D)

(more details on what I'm doing on the Marui Hunter thread in the Marui section for those who are interested and wants to follow my adventures :) )

• Like 2

Had a busy 1 hour this evening. Took my little girl to her karate lesson, but not before letting her have a little run in her SU-01 Aero Avante before her class starts.

Then after sending her in, test the new gearing of my wife's M-05Ra Suzuki Swift. Swapping the pinion from 16t to 20t did not seem to have any effects on the top speed, still around 15kmh, but seem to uncover some strange steering problems with the car. Will post in a separate thread. Accidently ran the lipo down to 2.9v per cell, hope I did not killed it. Lesson to self, do not use a small lipo with a 540.

Screenshot_2021-09-10-22-31-07-673_com.huami.watch.hmwatchmanager.thumb.jpg.ac633041ebbb38c13e59824b2cfdff3a.jpg

Also did a speed test of the SU-01, seems decent enough for a 370TT toy to break the 10kmh. The same model of battery works better with this small motor.

Screenshot_2021-09-10-22-31-19-832_com.huami.watch.hmwatchmanager.thumb.jpg.0b31997b0b9ae4bbe032e4a5a8790dfe.jpg

All speed are measured on a smartwatch so I am not going to make any claims for accuracy.

And broke the throttle stick of my Tx when it fell from the roof of my (real) car. Did not think as I got worried when I see the lipo below 3v and want to remove it from the car (the M-05, not the Mondeo) fast in case something bad happen.

IMG_20210910_222843.thumb.jpg.a8002424c46b69f06282f9b709d536f3.jpg

It still works fine, and dare I say, even better. Feels just like the thumb pads of a PS controller, or perhaps a PSP one. When the girl finished her karate class, she actually seem to control her car better without the stick. Now I am thinking of, instead of gluing the stick back, sticking a PS thumbpad on instead...

All these in 1 hour, followed by fish and chips for dinner! :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 1