Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

her have a little run in her SU-01 Aero Avante

Lol, she seems to be getting a kick out of (no pun intended) running it backward! 

As I age, I get impressed by the wonders children see in everything.  

Just now, Juggular said:

Lol, she seems to be getting a kick out of (no pun intended) running it backward! 

As I age, I get impressed by the wonders children see in everything.  

Yes, this is her second proper (meaning not driveway) drive where she has proper space to move. But even on her first drive, she already loves doing donuts on that thing. Today she just figured out reverse (going backwards) on the TX. What i did not video after her karate lesson (impossible as I was helping her) was having her drive straight for 20m or so and turning it back and after a few lap of that, she got more and more confident to do the turn closer and closer to her own feet. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:54 PM, Original Jardasius said:

I personally would  buy a magnetic body mounting kit for it 7 mount that ford body with it would look very clean

Yes, for the clean look magnets would be good. I will keep this in mind. But for now I will try to copy Tamiyas solution with the hinged bed for easy access to the battery.

Did 2 more rounds of parts cleaning for the Marui Shogun, so everything I need to get started is now available.

Time to get this lot looking like a car again! :lol:

0Lh7orG.jpg

• Like 6

Still a lot of work on the CAD to do...

I printed the part this morning and tested out. The print is far from perfect due to the settings chosen to print quick rather than to get super quality. 

fGHUwiy.jpg

Few elements to review, and others parts to work out, and other test print in progress. Now that I have a 3D Printer, I ask myself how I did without in the past...

• Like 2

Tamiya Junkies track day. Got to run everything except my trf211 which i found had a broken rear arm from last time out. Oddly frustrating in terms of cars. The current layout is very fiddly and not at all suited to older/slower rc's which aren't great over jumps. Bizzarely my RR03 TRF201 based rally car was my most fun runner today, followed by my dt03 truck, with both my thunder dragons and Ultra G feeling oddly out of sorts. Anyway, nice to play with rc cars all day and catch up with people. Gratuitous Ultra G shot, because it's still the bestest.

20210911_130527

• Like 10

Like @ThunderDragonCy, I was at the Tamiya Junkies meet at RHR. My collection was some of the slowest on track but it was great fun providing a rolling road block for the fast guys. 😀

05D8F324-2526-4830-A481-2379B159E741.jpeg
More photos in the event thread. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Put another couple of hours into this today, only 4 more decals to go before it’s done, then comes the fiddly bit of all the double sided tape and getting it lined up properly.

I’ve just realised how bad the roof decal is as well 🤦🏼

76C42B9D-084C-46B3-80A4-3A117513C907.jpeg

EEDA8BAC-1C2F-4419-B5FD-2E0977E164C8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This morning I took my A90 for the last drive of the season and placed her in hibernation mode, suspended the insurance.   Next time she will see daylight is April 2022.  

After that, did some boring yard work to seed some bare spots on my lawn..  Spot ran the irritation system as I was too lazy to bring out the water hose to water the fresh seeds.  :lol:

And finally found some RC time to run my WW2 and my favorite modern day off-road chassis in my comical lineup, the GF01.  

IMG_Sep112021at62459PM.jpg.bfb0f0684ec820867b2a1f1337d02f44.jpg

• Like 6

I got some packs charged up to take my Super Clod out for its full maiden voyage in its nearly completed stage..... Then I got some designs drawn up for the oneoff custom paintjob for my grand hauler that I am gonna buildup a bit later on..... Checked the tracking on a car body and some parts as well..... Later I may endup doing the final body stages on my Ford Mustang GT4 Tamiya America Anniversary TT-02 build-   Mirrors installation

So what have you done today??

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

This morning I took my A90 for the last drive of the season and placed her in hibernation mode, suspended the insurance. 

Didn't know you were into 60s Suzuki motorcycles! :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Saw this on Tamico, and put an order in 😃

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Sprint-GTA-M-06-M-Chassis-Kit-58486

Of all the M06’s this has to be one of my favourites. So no snoozing and loosing this time. 

mJBWXMo.jpg

Today I cut out the R5 turbo body. That's as fast as I got, there's no way I would have laid any paint today. But at least it's ready.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got the Marui Shogun chassis build up as far as it will go for now.

iLjZnMR.jpg

I forgot to order a steel pinion, so did that next. Missing the rear body post, so using a Clodbuster body post for now... Only needs the ESC, reciever and motor.

Now there is a bit of a dilemma on tires. The tires that came with the 2 cars that I used are either worn and have flat spots (set 1), or are covered in paint and cracked (set 2).
Trying to get the paint off with the tamiya stripper to see if set 2 can be salvaged and glued, but if that fails for whatever reason I'm thinking of using Manta Ray tires, they look almost the same......

Does anyone know the Manta Ray wheel diameter and width??

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Saw this on Tamico, and put an order in 😃

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Sprint-GTA-M-06-M-Chassis-Kit-58486

Of all the M06’s this has to be one of my favourites. So no snoozing and loosing this time. 

Mine is dusty.. like REALLY dusty.  :lol:

IMG_Sep122021at101811AM.jpg.07dcf7f54e7d67b44d597cc7c9aeae8d.jpg

For me, took my 1:1 Golf-R for a nice weekend drive this morning and spot detailed the car after the drive.   One of my lamp's ballast in the garage backroom blew yesterday so repaired that.  

For RC, I think I'm going to drive my City Turbo and M38's today and clean my RC space.   

• Like 5

A Javelin run again under the sun, while waiting the end of the printing of my parts. I can't really say which one of the Javelin and the Turbo Scorpion I prefer...

hWtQb2A.jpg

N9EZqdh.jpg

At the end of the run, usual cleaning with air compressor...

The battery is not even empty, so the Turbo Scorpion or another car may run later on while the day is falling... Well; maybe I should consider the DT03 as there is a part I need to test run after it is being printed...

• Like 5

So, yeah I'm taking time out from the hobby...

DSC_1745.jpg

El Kid and I took two tarmac-biased cars down to our local spot. 

I took a bit of time beforehand to do some fettling. Glad I did, the HW060 ESC on the BMW M04 had developed a glitch, occasionally non-functioning and had totally lost reverse so that got swapped out for a new one. The Swift gained some radial tyres (pinched from my M03) instead of the rally blocks it came with.

The boy took the football markers and laid out a track for us all by himself. It included an elevated section and some pits.

DSC_1747.jpg

His car control was much improved, he chose and stuck with the M04. The tx was my Turnigy GT5 so I was able to turn down the steering and throttle a little.

I had the M05-RA with the torque tuned motor. I have the same problem as @alvinlwh, veering off to the right at full throttle. Hold your finger down and it will do donuts. I too am using a Carson Tx / Rx so will switch it out for something better and see if it cures it before stripping down the diff (though on reading his thread, I can see a winter tear-down looming).

All in all, great fun and nothing broke and I only lost one body pin! So glad I didn't do anything silly - like sell them!

• Like 5

For those who are afraid about CAD when related to 3D design, Tinkercad is a powerful tool, and it works with very simple form... My son asked me how I did a part, and what I did was open Tinkercad, take a copy, and make some dissociation to show him. The way to work with the tool is to add and remove basic forms. When you think about it, it's quite easy. Thought this could be of use to anyone who is asking himself how to do things...

7vwXyDn.jpg

xkKXvBA.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I donated a SCX10.2 to a friend and soldered a new style battery connector.  The guy at the LHS saw the 4-pin Deans that I still use and said “Wow, haven’t seen those in 30 years!”.  I’m old :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I had the M05-RA with the torque tuned motor. I have the same problem as @alvinlwh, veering off to the right at full throttle. Hold your finger down and it will do donuts. I too am using a Carson Tx / Rx so will switch it out for something better and see if it cures it before stripping down the diff (though on reading his thread, I can see a winter tear-down looming).

Wow! Yours is virtually a twin of of mine, even down to the radio gear and the direction of veering problem. Good luck in finding and fixing the problem. Hope it is a straight forward fix. Mine does not actually need a complete teardown as it was a drivetrain issue, so external. Just that I never expected an expensive hopup part to be the cause, which is why I "went in" to the diff first. 

• Like 1

Check out what my wife got me!  :lol:

I’m not sure what RC this is, but it came straight from Japan and certainly going to be placed next to my other A90 models.  

IMG_Sep122021at90944PM.jpg.3753b20dfc5608a53ee4e8230feb6391.jpg

IMG_Sep122021at90919PM.jpg.7298284b3c03fd4605dc454f86582312.jpg

• Like 7

Went for a nice trail walk with the Sludgehammer and started putting a video together--first time recording and walking at the same time :ph34r: (just a screenshot below)

Also put a boost pack in the Grasshopper to see how much of a difference it makes, and... well... it may have broken 30mph--which would be awesome! It'll do over 25 on a 7.2V NiMH, and it seems like the 2 extra cells make a big difference. But after a few grip rolls, the servo suddenly went full lock to one side, ripping out one of the tie rods and stalling the car. I haven't dug into it yet to see how much other damage there is, but apparently the cheapo MG996 servos don't like my abuse, especially with the additional weight of the extra batteries (this is the 2nd servo that has failed in this car--but I do grip roll it a lot, basically at least once every time out). Or maybe the Grasshopper is just hungry for servos now that it's finally a Hornet? (I admit I haven't checked the ESC or Rx yet)

trailwalk_video_screenshot_091221.jpg

gh_servo_fail.jpg

• Like 3