Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm calling this done today. The final job was panel gap detailing.

Next up is a Sand Scorcher shell.Wish me luck. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

51497051916_2419a6b1fe_k.jpg

• Like 10

On 9/18/2021 at 8:14 AM, Superluminal said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Painted the driver for a Turbo Tomahawk build that I finished this morning. Cant seem to flatten off the yellow sticker on the steering wheel though. Might cut it off or paint it black.

That looks like Elon Musk, scared sh**less (because it's going too fast?)

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Mad Zero said:

Got an avatar!  😎 

Nice. I’m well overdue for one! Hang on - its there!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Nice!

Considering some Transluscent blue for my Turbo Optima... I may be doing it in a similar way that I did with the Super Hotshot, with a reduced amount of stickers... What I have in mind is to replace the red from the box art in transluscent blue + silver + black. "Turbo Optima" written in white, and the white replaced by gun metal. Other sponsors would be stickers. Not sure what I'll do for the number plate. Needs to find a way that the 9 (it will be a 9, as on all my cars) stands 

We need to see it when its finished 👍 I thought this was quite interesting (hopefully they won't mind me putting it on the forum!) The translucent orange looks good backed with gunmetal you get a very nice burnt orange colour!

Screenshot_20210920-214521_Instagram.jpg

51498166005_e5e68f8809_b.jpg

Started another Bush Devil strip down tonight. This ones a bit filthy, 20 something year old dirt I reckon. Good thing is that it’s stock & so far it’s assembled exactly as per the manual, right down to the bushings. No stripped threads in the plastic &  everything is present and original, previous owner was canny with the threadlock.

51497957259_a8c7d768e9_b.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, moffman said:

We need to see it when its finished 👍 I thought this was quite interesting (hopefully they won't mind me putting it on the forum!) The translucent orange looks good backed with gunmetal you get a very nice burnt orange colour!

Screenshot_20210920-214521_Instagram.jpg

Ryo's artwork is very good as a guideline for paint jobs... 

2 hours ago, Mad Zero said:

Got an avatar!  😎 

Nice!   

Me too actually. :D  Special thanks to netsmithUK.

For me, had to work most of the day and only had about an hour to sand and reputty the Beetle body.   Going to drill body mount holes next and another round or two of putty.

• Like 1

Installed the alu motor mount with a large heatsink and alu rear axle the postman brought me today on my M-05Ra. The buried motor in this chassis always worry me so hopefully this will help.

IMG_20210920_233535.thumb.jpeg.de071be4463ce5d2a487ba77a6f83665.jpeg

• Like 1

@alvinlwh Wow, that's a radiator, not a heat sink!  :lol:  jk. That thing is huge.  Which motor do you run again?  I don't remember which motor is in mine, but it gets hot but not to the point I worry.  My brushless one runs fairly cool on this chassis.

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@alvinlwh Wow, that's a radiator, not a heat sink!  :lol:  jk. That thing is huge.  Which motor do you run again?  I don't remember which motor is in mine, but it gets hot but not to the point I worry.  My brushless one runs fairly cool on this chassis.

Just a TT, which did ran quite hot, but not sure if it was due to the binding issue. Mine is the Ra chassis mind you, so the side guard will restrict airflow somewhat. However, even after fixing the binding problem, I am still getting the same speed out of it, so I may stick something hotter in, like maybe a ST as, with 2S, it is uncontrollable in my Lunchbox. 

Played around with the TRF102 and decided the fancy ceramic bearings I just purchased make no difference at my skill level and were a waste of money :(. Then I read through the “fastest rcers thread” (page 4 specifically) and curiosity got the best of me (again) so I’m building the speed hopper! :D Had some belted slicks laying around so started with those. Wanted to put a tp power cm 10500kv 550sized motor in it I had laying around, but I can’t seem to get a connector soldered to it no matter what I tried. Instead I found a new 3200kv hobbywing 3660 sitting on the shelf that I’m sure was meant for something better but I can’t remember so in the hopper it went. I have no idea how good the off brand esc is since there is no markings to let me know what it is but I’m giving it a try anyway :lol:. Looks silly but hopefully will run it tomorrow and then probably improve the suspension if I have anything that fits laying around.

3CC78266-394C-4FD0-9574-FB82EB432DED.thumb.jpeg.d72a6678c1a7b0dfe4ec43d88e52289b.jpeg

• Like 3

Took this out for a rip. Not the fastest thing on 4 wheels but handles really well for an ORV. Might look into a Lipo/Brushless setup for it and some others.

Oh and the magnetic mounts are a joke. The body falls off going over pebbles. Stuck a pin up front and it holds like it should.

Screenshot_20210920-181954_Lightroom.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, silvertriple said:

2012? that gear box conception is probably 1982 or 1983 :-D

That being said, it should resist easily. Not sure abot the chassis attachement, that being said. 5th shock to the rescue!

Oh my kit is a Re-re, but I guess you're right.... that part of it is largely unchanged.

18 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Not quite. I’ve got a GF01 Land Cruiser yet to be built (and a whole lot of hop-ups on the way) and a Wild One Blockhead on order. A month ago I owned nothing 😆

That's the problem with electric RC kits,  first you have none and when you look behind you you see a few extra have snuck into your collection when you weren't looking... at least with nitro you hear them driving, the electric motors are too quiet. I'm stopping at 6 and not even contemplating a comical hornet for my wallets sake.

Btw how do you get an avatar here? I want my Manta to be avy but can't seem to get size or format to accept it...

in other news, the spare parts for the sabre/boomerang arrived with extra flysky gt5 receiver. the self tappers are in and it will only take 45 minutes minimum to drill 2 holes and put 2 self tappers in to make the chassis solid (hopefully) gonna put that off for thursday if anything. i do have some screws from LHS i need to pick up but now i can see what my credit card bill will look like when i dont have any RC related purchases on the bill...

Since the gearbox plates turned up in the post I wasted no time installing them after the kids went to bed. Also found one heatsink bar left over from my M-05.

JgoJ8RS.jpg

• Like 4

Building a shelf queen. I've already decided I'm not running this. It's too pretty to put scratches on, and parts will start getting rare sooner or later, even though it's just a lowly Evo 7 :P

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-21 at 2.48.29 PM.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Building a shelf queen. I've already decided I'm not running this. It's too pretty to put scratches on, and parts will start getting rare sooner or later, even though it's just a lowly Evo 7 :P

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-21 at 2.48.29 PM.jpeg

Hope you make it look very nice, evo 7 are the best looking of the lancer series. The yellow version is my fav for the model car. I have more than enough body shells for tt02 but I'm still missing an EVO7...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rider400 said:

Screenshot_20210920-181954_Lightroom.jpg

Great look! If that’s lexan it's really sweet 

2 hours ago, nel33 said:

Hope you make it look very nice, evo 7 are the best looking of the lancer series. The yellow version is my fav for the model car. I have more than enough body shells for tt02 but I'm still missing an EVO7...

Sorry for the confusion! I meant TB Evo 7 chassis, not Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7 :) 

Thanks though!

56 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Great look! If that’s lexan it's really sweet 

Is lexan the flimsy style? This is sorta flimsy but not too bad either. Its a Associated CR12 truck body.

1 hour ago, Rider400 said:

Is lexan the flimsy style? This is sorta flimsy but not too bad either. Its a Associated CR12 truck body.

Lexan aka polycarbonate which is flimsy style see-thru til painted. Cool truck @Rider400 

• Like 1

Rain is stopping me from grasshopper speed runs today:(. So I dug out my old hpi super nitro so I could clean it up later and see if it still runs (been sitting on a shelf or in a closet since prob 2000)

BEB1247B-E6D4-4290-BD86-B3E3DAE97A42.thumb.jpeg.d44a9de0efc8c15f3b0566bb7e7fde9a.jpeg

came across a few of my old bodies too, top two were my race bodies. It’s first time out the  lambo only lasted a couple mins before i accidentally drove it between the tires of a nitro monster truck and got launched a few feet in the air. :(

E438BBE0-9397-4ACB-9991-09C49FED0477.thumb.jpeg.3e2faeecf0f44477b75adddfae9b9a10.jpeg

• Like 1

51499809737_12ddfbf04f_b.jpg

Bush Devil strip down part two. Still not found any cross threaded plastic, there’s the usual split where the Radius arm screws in to E3 pretty standard

51501317734_9a8b85aa77_b.jpg

plus the typical stress lines where 3 screws fix the transmission brackets either side the of the ORV chassis  

51500650796_27dca3c88c_b.jpg

The plastics can go for a soak, I’ll tackle the gearbox another day. 

• Like 7