Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Well, I got Vanessa's sticker wrong, it should be about 2mm lower. 😣

What?   There’s something wrong with the car?   Geez, it looks great the way it is.  :lol:

I don’t dwell on little things and just look at the big picture.. (mainly because my aging eyesight is no good. :ph34r:) lol

Preparing masking with Silhouette Studio. This will be used to cut masks for details I want to do thru the paint job rather than doing it using the stickers...

bU3YyYo.jpg

I plan to do some sponsor as well the same way... 

This will be complementary to existing masks proposed by Kyosho... But I just plan to do my paint job slightly more complex than what they propose

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@nel33Regarding the EPA, I wouldn’t worry about the numeric values, it’s the actual travel that matters.   I only use the value as initial guide, from there I don’t even look at the value and just monitor the steering travel on the car during set up.   As long as it’s pretty close left to right, it’s fine. 

yeah, i usually look for servo straining and obvious physical clearance limits. the range i got is fairly good.. not sure if i can put more right adjustment but its fairly close to the bouncing near the end of the current setting. you know that movement where you see the servo arm go too far and retract a little bit. i got it just right there at the limit. another 5% on the left makes it too close to gear box input shaft.

looked at pics of @Ferruz manta ray for ideas on mounting the electrics in the chassis. put the 1080 in the tub after taking small scrap of lexan drilled 2 holes and placed motor wires inside the bridge to hold a OG resistor. now the motor wires are still fairly loose but wont shake out or get damaged from vibration. still need to do the RX and on/off button but they will go on ESC tray.

Edit: i got the manta done. added the rear bumper just cause i could. waiting for hte battery to cool down, hade to verify it was full charge. just need to install wing and shell but cant do that until i wait for camera batteries to charge up. got 2 camera batteries and one is dead and i have habit to wait until 2nd is dead to charge the 2... i didnt put a hol for the aerial no the manta, just ran it along the body to end on the wing.. had an aerial  tube that i got from lunchbox i would guess, cut a length down and test fit it to good length. shouldve put the receiver the other way as the 2 cable inputs put the tube to the side a bit but no harm done. i dont know if its the most tidy wire placement job but its fairly neat.

5 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

What?   There’s something wrong with the car?   Geez, it looks great the way it is.  :lol:

I don’t dwell on little things and just look at the big picture.. (mainly because my aging eyesight is no good. :ph34r:) lol

The side marker is not on the moulded light on the body and the front of the lightning is not quite on the wheel arch correctly. It is there and I know it. 😕 I had retried so many times that if I try again, I will destroy the sticker, unfortunately. 

IMG_20210924_191504.jpg

Project 1/14 MF01x 80's racing truck took a step towards completion with some 70 mm tires.

It's more off road than I originally wanted, but I think these look better than the 60 mm tires. I may try some 65 mm tires at some point perhaps.

Any recommendations for sponsor stickers for this scale please? 

6T1wv8t.jpg

• Like 2

the manta is done! had to re-arrange the RX and on/off button as the wiring bundle got in the way of the body shell. cant remember where i left the spare lunchbox body pins but i have the pins in a tiny tea screw tin container. used 2 of them for the time being. added some partially compressed styrofoam for the body mounts cushions. dont have the stickers yet done but the one in the pic is going on that area the resistor cutout used to be on OG models. im going to go to the park with slash and manta and see which is faster 12tmotor and stock gearing vs 15Tmotor 18T pinion manta. 

i decided to let the aerial gently rest on the wing mount as i dont like the aerial tube to be a future concern.

i would like to throw the gauntlet to Ferruz one day and see if i can beat his manta LOL

IMG_4854a.jpg

IMG_4855a.jpg

IMG_4856a.jpg

IMG_4857a.jpg

IMG_4858a.jpg

• Like 5

Had a few good runs for the postal racing this afternoon/evening, then came in when light stopped play and finished off the decals on my TT-01's new bodyshell. Pictures tomorrow when the glue securing the light buckets has set. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

The side marker is not on the moulded light on the body and the front of the lightning is not quite on the wheel arch correctly. It is there and I know it. 😕 I had retried so many times that if I try again, I will destroy the sticker, unfortunately. 

IMG_20210924_191504.jpg

I see.. but I don’t know this car so to me, it looks like that is how it’s supposed to be..?    :lol:     It looks fine, seriously.

• Like 1

I worked on my custom Beetle some more today.  Took a snap of a freshly painted Billy for the car.   Yes, the steering wheel is cocked, but it’s fine.  The Beetle’s alignment is off after so much off-roading.. according to Billy.. :ph34r:

IMG_Sep242021at71158PM.jpg.1ac4ef8b6726223134a049d420ea8fb7.jpg

I need to test drive the car to ensure body clearance at full lock while braking before I chop off the unicorn.   This is on my modified GF01.  I’m going to have to buy a few more GF01TR’s as I ordered more Scorcher bodies today.

IMG_Sep242021at71019PM.jpg.43230c54ef29cf0e9767a11db950e94d.jpg

• Like 5

Took the 2 cars for a run, my parents weren't home so proper speed tests weren't possible. didnt really drive the slash that much but used it as a speed comparison for today, its the Manta's first run today.  the manta motor was a bit underwhelming if I was expecting it to be faster than stock 2wd slash with good tires. The 2 cars aren't fair comparison drivetrain or motor but the Manta has a better punch off the line because the 1080 ESC. stock ESC  on RTR 2wd slash. Did a test run in parents backyard to verify EPA had to reduce right a bit more to avoid grinding noise on input shaft contact. Did a side by side run, one TX in each hand and Manta easy won start acceleration. Hoping next time I go that my mom or dad could control the slash and see a top speed run. the motor was fine despite 1 5000mah battery pack on decently long grass. i did the hill climb test 50 degree slope and it climbed just as well as the slash with the trenchers. 

For the brushed motor I got for the Manta, I'm happy with the result. I'm not looking forward to the TD.... I'm going with 540 sport tuned there so it won't be as fast as Manta. I did flip the car 4x, 2 times land in on tires and sent the rear wing flying off in a 2.5 cartwheel with the 4 tires. I did notice the damage to the wing and some wires that need more zip ties. The  wing may not last as long as the body but the wings have a rep for getting a bit mangled over time. The crease is from the 2nd lexan piece I put to reinforce the wing. I don't think the wing would've survived if not reinforced. The bolt/lock nuts were jarred loose. the crease corresponds to the lexan underneath the wing.

found some grass creases that gave mild airtime and had a bit of fun. shortly after losing the rear wing i kept going until the battery got low enough that i was going a a decent jogging speed.

IMG_4869a.jpg

@Willy iine i think i know who was responsible for ending the era of unicorns...

• Like 3

Masked and painted the A110 this morning. It's such a beautiful day outside and all I can think of is what @Jonathon Gillham might be slow cooking on the bbq 2 hours north-east of me 🤣

Unfortunately there is some sort of patchy cloudiness on the rear window of the A110, which I can't figure out what it might be, no amount of scrubbing with a tissue and polycarbonate remover is taking it off. Only noticed when I removed the protective film.

lgpIRGm.jpeg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Finished my SW-01 Lunchbox built completely out of spares except the screw bags and body.

IMG_20210924_165715.thumb.jpeg.07f0920b55f1e3283a5d0c1fc4dadb01.jpeg

@alvinlwh  I agree with @Willy iine

This is a seriously good looking Van, Great stuff!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Finished my SW-01 Lunchbox built completely out of spares except the screw bags and body.

@alvinlwh  I agree with @Willy iine

This is a seriously good looking Van, Great stuff!

3 hours ago, berman said:

Masked and painted the A110 this morning. It's such a beautiful day outside and all I can think of is what @Jonathon Gillham might be slow cooking on the bbq 2 hours north-east of me 🤣

Unfortunately there is some sort of patchy cloudiness on the rear window of the A110, which I can't figure out what it might be, no amount of scrubbing with a tissue and polycarbonate remover is taking it off. Only noticed when I removed the protective film.

lgpIRGm.jpeg

You're right, it has been a great day. No bbq today, yesterday was the final day of the Rock 2000 so an epic beer delivery and pizzas on the charcoal grill. It made me wonder when restaurants claim to make woodfired pizzas, they are lying, they were nothing like these ones that were cooked with smoke.

Nothing RC here, I still have 2 bodies and a TA07 pro to build but just don't quite get around to it

• Like 2

got around to some things, the steering servo wire did make contact with the drive shaft. some red paint was removed nothing big but atleast its symetrical. It's top speed is around the same as 2wd slash though a side by side comparison will be needed.

the video is crooked as it was the only safe place to put the camera without falling from patio steps was solo at the time so no one to help film it.

IMG_4871a.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I worked on my custom Beetle some more today.  Took a snap of a freshly painted Billy for the car.   Yes, the steering wheel is cocked, but it’s fine.  The Beetle’s alignment is off after so much off-roading.. according to Billy.. :ph34r:

I need to test drive the car to ensure body clearance at full lock while braking before I chop off the unicorn.   This is on my modified GF01.  I’m going to have to buy a few more GF01TR’s as I ordered more Scorcher bodies today.

Like the indicators!!! Amazing colour scheme.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Project 1/14 MF01x 80's racing truck took a step towards completion with some 70 mm tires.

It's more off road than I originally wanted, but I think these look better than the 60 mm tires. I may try some 65 mm tires at some point perhaps.

Any recommendations for sponsor stickers for this scale please? 

6T1wv8t.jpg

That looks like a Playskool Blackfoot, my brother had one when we were kids. I had the Bigfoot, still have them now! I think I put some pictures in my showroom on the main page! Very cool! I never thought to do this!

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Like the indicators!!! Amazing colour scheme.

Im new to this RC stuff and about week ago i got my frist car  TT02 basic kit ,After looking online i would have been better of getting the type SR or RR?

So frist thing this  morning  i went down to the model shop and got me some go faster bits.

242825815_699806427642499_8004909323190376515_n.jpg

242275950_695935408029601_4295680032132307949_n.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HillbillyRacing said:

Im new to this RC stuff and about week ago i got my frist car  TT02 basic kit ,After looking online i would have been better of getting the type SR or RR?

So frist thing this  morning  i went down to the model shop and got me some go faster bits.

242825815_699806427642499_8004909323190376515_n.jpg

242275950_695935408029601_4295680032132307949_n.jpg

Looks great! As for whether you would have been better off with a different version, that depends very much on what you want to do with the model. There are some advantages to the basic version, foremost being that the ride height is more easily adjustable, allowing you to quickly swap between on-road and rally setups.

Plus it can be a lot of fun adding the go faster bits and seeing the differences that they make.

1 hour ago, lupogtiboy said:

That looks like a Playskool Blackfoot, my brother had one when we were kids. I had the Bigfoot, still have them now! I think I put some pictures in my showroom on the main page! Very cool! I never thought to do this!

Thanks,

This is a Taiyo Off Road Tiger, the same shell as the Tandy/Radio Shack Off Roader

This might be a good way to bring it to life, or even easier would be putting the shell on a GF01.

5 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Looks great! As for whether you would have been better off with a different version, that depends very much on what you want to do with the model. There are some advantages to the basic version, foremost being that the ride height is more easily adjustable, allowing you to quickly swap between on-road and rally setups.

Plus it can be a lot of fun adding the go faster bits and seeing the differences that they make.

i mosty just hoon around in empty car parks at the moment ,The TZ motor is a sure step up in power with my next post  being tire replacement

18 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Love the gold look, it looks much better than my plain yellow one!

• Like 1

Done some of the decals as well on the A110, and also went to my LHS to get some supplies.

Picked up a set of TT02 CVAs (I hate the stock twist together pogo shocks with a passion), some #11 blades and some Tamiya enamels. Unfortunately they are out of TS-30 Silver Leaf for the bumpers etc and also out of TS-26 Pure White for the Turbo 5 bumper. ☹

XV9WP5D.jpg

• Like 8