Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, NWarty said:

So that's where that gigantic Airfix kit ended up? LOL

Supermarine-Spitfire-model.jpg

minus the pilot .....j may

With art direction from el kid, we put together our entry for the Halloween competition on the main TC site. We’ve narrowed it down to a choice between four pictures, I need to get them on a big monitor to make a decision. 
It’s a shame we can only enter one photo - we took enough for a photo story!

This is not the entry…

2C700E15-4E0B-49A8-BC8E-EB857253F974.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Posca water based paint marker 

That. 👆

2 hours ago, NWarty said:

So that's where that gigantic Airfix kit ended up? LOL

Supermarine-Spitfire-model.jpg

That is a Mk 1a whereas the one on the stand is a Mk XVI if I am not wrong. IIRC 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

minus the pilot .....j may

I usually just throw Airfix pilots out straightway, and being an Airfix, it probably need a far bit of filler, rescribing panel lines and AM parts. 

On 10/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, Ray_ve said:

Pinion for the Marui Shogun came in, so the motor could finally be mounted and added electronics.

I also realised I had 4 NOS tires that I used to buy for a Kyosho model, and they fitted the Shogun perfectly so wheels are now complete.

VzlXVtq.jpg

Took it for a small test-drive in the garden, and it runs perfectly and smooth. So now all I need to finish this car is to get a can of PS-5. ^_^

1jpBJFK.jpg

I love a Shogun, yours looks pretty much spot on! Can't wait to see it finished 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

I usually just throw Airfix pilots out straightway, and being an Airfix, it probably need a far bit of filler, rescribing panel lines and AM parts. 

Much better than they used to be. Some of the latest releases are really up there with the best!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Tyre writing. Looks great if you don't get too close 😅

NrG1vvj.jpg

Haha, reminds me of my friends favourite saying when we used to paint 1:1 cars during school holidays, and also my mantra when painting RC bodies "good from afar but far from good". Looks good to me though, i have never attempted tyre lettering as my hands about as steady as a unicycle

We plan to paint our racecar this summer and that is the goal, just to look less bad than it does now.

Broke the second of those stupid plastic body mounts on the Lunchbox. Moaned to my wife about shipping costs and how I should restock spares. She encouraged me. $6 alloy mounts came in at USD60 as the shipping never got anymore expensive while adding stuff. My sons TA07 hasn't turned a wheel yet and got its first new hopups, alloy suspension mounts. Hopefully the Sakura D5 Universals will fit it too, otherwise thats money wasted. Not shipping money though, just part money wasted.

The shell of the HKS R32 is finished, I also added some details to the wheels with matte black and a chrome pen, and I started building the chassis, with some help.

MiHSKeP.jpg

V2gc1Gy.jpg

4uMfNdi.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, VileQuenouille said:

The shell of the HKS R32 is finished, I also added some details to the wheels with matte black and a chrome pen, and I started building the chassis, with some help.

MiHSKeP.jpg

V2gc1Gy.jpg

4uMfNdi.jpg

let me guess, the cat either supervised your work or hindered it??

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Much better than they used to be. Some of the latest releases are really up there with the best!

I don't have nostalgia for Tamiya as I didn't have one as a kid (I only desired one) but I did have a mahoosive Spitfire that I assembled, painted (badly) and didn't apply any decals to (as water-slide scared me).

It was maybe 1:32 scale? I can't recall the manufacturer.

It sat on top of my wardrobe until my parents moved house about 10 years ago. I think they took a photo of it before it went in the bin. 

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

That is true, to a certain extent. I am OK with some of their newer releases, but still no match for Tamiya, Dragon, Hasegawa... 

110192202_4545840695429907_6994660136560155317_n.thumb.jpg.335412c09dd734aa4cfeaa45a8f22ba2.jpg

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I don't have nostalgia for Tamiya as I didn't have one as a kid (I only desired one) but I did have a mahoosive Spitfire that I assembled, painted (badly) and didn't apply any decals to (as water-slide scared me).

It was maybe 1:32 scale? I can't recall the manufacturer.

It sat on top of my wardrobe until my parents moved house about 10 years ago. I think they took a photo of it before it went in the bin. 

If it was Airfix it could be one of the imfamous 1/24 scale aircraft. Could be built into good models but you needed to be a modelling genius to achieve it. The fit of some of the parts was truly awful, in fact almost as bad as 1/12 Bentley that they keep re releasing using the same knackered moulds!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

If it was Airfix it could be one of the imfamous 1/24 scale aircraft. Could be built into good models but you needed to be a modelling genius to achieve it. The fit of some of the parts was truly awful, in fact almost as bad as 1/12 Bentley that they keep re releasing using the same knackered moulds!!!!

Thanks @Busdriver, I think you are spot on there - a quick Google and thank looks right based on the size and the base used to support it. Got tempted to buy one for a moment but I have nowhere to display it!

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Absolutely right. Buying Airfix had always been a gamble on if it will be a good new mould release or an ancient reboxed release or worse, a rebox of some other brands. With the Internet, it is a little easier to do research these days. 

Not much going on today.  Drove my orange pickup GF01 this morning and placed a couple more GF01's on order before stock dries up in case I want to try something different and need a chassis.  

Better to be ahead of the game instead of the waiting (or high price) game.. :blink:

I will build one to give back to the blue LandCruiser pickup body, but keeping the others in storage.   B)

IMG_Oct152021at81707AM.jpg.4e0c0cacf3ebe9670492a3a1b61103a1.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

couple more GF01's on order

Just put them all together in a dark cupboard and let them breed!!!!

• Haha 1

Am reviewing the fleet as I’m planning to offload some in the near future. I took the Titan out for a spin around the garden. It’s pretty standard with bearings, cva’s, and a Torque Tuned motor and apart from a servo / steering arms inequality it ran really well It’s added to the keeper list. I does/did have one little niggle however. Like the judges on a certain UK baking show I hate a soggy bottom!!! and due to the single post at the rear the body flaps around like a demented flea. I rustled around in my post bag and found two suitable ones. These were fitted to the suspension towers with 3mm hex bolts. Then I cut a piece of hardish polystyrene sheet to act as a brace. It’s held down with o rings and then the body is fixed down on top using the original body clip. Job done. It’s rock solid.

4CA75A70-545A-4C31-8BC5-F2E52E78BCEB.jpeg.6472bae182318f9cf7cae8abdd2a7357.jpeg

C3E93486-525F-45EE-892F-0692555BF2F0.jpeg.3cc6b82761dc1dec5d0da575b1f7d1b7.jpeg

6FADA814-A45D-4773-9962-43252042C308.jpeg.43a3717f2f33ef279b23ad56281624e8.jpeg

01E3EF60-7804-4668-9305-7F0AC051CA8C.jpeg.e8725ad7a3e063c0442e0b68b0b8fea3.jpeg

• Like 4

Polished and spray waxed the Mazda since the wife let me have it in the living room. 😂👍 

IMG_20211015_150139.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

Wow Jim, that is one beautiful piece in your living room! 

It does share the shelves with some of my Lego !! 😂😂😁

IMG_20211015_150952.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, nel33 said:

let me guess, the cat either supervised your work or hindered it??

Bit of both, kinda like my boss.

UfbEyiv.jpg

01q8AUr.jpg

923nUno.jpg

I'm taking it slowly with this car, I only have half an hour of free time here and there, I've been working on it for a week lol. I installed a few mods, CVA shocks, bearings and Sport Tuned motor. The Carson Tuning kit included a pinion kit, but I won't be using it yet, I want to see how it goes as it is and I'm not a fan of big speed anyway. The bearing kit didn't include the 4 small ones (850 I think?) for the steering arms so I used spare brass bushings I had in stock instead, the tolerances are quite tight and with a bit of grease they'll work just fine.

56 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Polished and spray waxed the Mazda since the wife let me have it in the living room. 😂👍 

IMG_20211015_150139.jpg

**** this thing is gorgeous!

• Like 5