Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wanted to go to the LHS this morning, only to find my daughter's hamster looking like he had a late-night party with too much tequila. :o

So off to the vet first.... Turns out hamsters can get the flu so hopefully he'll get better in a few days with the medication we got..... :wacko:

Could finally go to the LHS later in the afternoon, and got 2 coats of black on the Marui Shogun shell. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Went to my parents house just now, there will be a family gathering tommorow. She asked me to bring over some rc cars to show cousins boys aged 10 and 13.... I will leave the Manta at home, bring the tt02, lunchbox and slash. The slash ESC has a training mode so it's 50% rated, the other 2 aren't the fastest to boot. I'm likely going to let them play with the off road In the grass and tt02 in empty parking lot. Got a beater m3 BMW shell I don't care much for damage with. Will need to be careful to evaluate them. I won't let them play both at the same time at all, so no games of chicken for them.:unsure:

just took the slash for a underground parking run. the 50% speed gives it a stock silver can performance. might be a bit fast but not much more i can do to slow it down. used the last third of the battery life left on it in this run. the 12T brushed motor's power really shows what i can do when 100% and 50%.

gotta make sure the batteries are charged up now, 

• Like 1

Unpacked the important stuff from my holiday. Also unpacked what the postman brought me while I was away. 

spacer.png

Also started gathering the bits required to build the Holiday Buggy. Tested a new ESC I received but it did not power the lights too well and the HB will have 4 lights to power. Tested an alternative and it works better. I will really prefer a slimmer ESC than one with a tall heat sink though. I have a 1040 coming in and will try that one out when it arrives. This will be used as a beach runner, so I will not be using the included Tamiya TBLE-04S and also a waterproof servo and RX to make cleaning up after a beach run easier. Also due to arrive are the beating set. The 380 Sports Tuned may not if the 32p 10T pinion I ordered don't fit. It is practically impossible to find 0.8 mod 10t pinions. 

uawa5MP.jpg

• Like 2

i got word today that the brushless setup i ordered is in, bad news is that they are closed on sunday and my schedule makes it that thursday  is next day off to go there. the 19T pinion isnt in stock at the moment but i want to see how much faster it gets with 19T pinion before going brushless. today didnt work out well to drop by LHS as life got in the way.

6 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

The 380 Sports Tuned may not if the 32p 10T pinion I ordered don't fit. It is practically impossible to find 0.8 mod 10t pinions.

One of these maybe?

20211017_090823.thumb.jpg.7520e10d75dd37fc00f3e2f97158120c.jpg

Work continues on the TB Evo 7. I'm taking it real slow, mostly because I'm so busy with RL these days, but the reason I give myself is that I want to enjoy it as much as possible lol.

Whats-App-Image-2021-10-16-at-7-04-59-PM

I'm undecided on the body for this; it's either going to be the Carisma Audi R8 LM body, the vintage Tamiya Porche GT1 LeMans body I recently acquired (but that is supposed to go on an F103LM chassis AFAIK, so I don't know if it'll drop in), or a Tamiya Nissan GTR R34 body which will have light buckets and a transparent hood.

• Like 6

Got back to my Egress to put the painted tyres and wing back on. This is the most complete it’s been! Just started working out the driver for it today. This Egress is my first build and I love it. So much fun to drive.

B8F3849F-9EB4-4522-B063-B8A5207010F8.thumb.jpeg.204067af70f60237976ea22036216e95.jpeg

• Like 13

My 1:14 MF01x got a chrome grill screwed in. Note the very small screws on the grill sides..

20211017_090406.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bavee said:

One of these maybe?

20211017_090823.thumb.jpg.7520e10d75dd37fc00f3e2f97158120c.jpg

Yes, but which one? Look at how different they are to each other. The Carson one don't seem to be available in the UK and shipping from DE is like more than 3 times the cost if the pinion. 

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Yes, but which one? Look at how different they are to each other. The Carson one don't seem to be available in the UK and shipping from DE is like more than 3 times the cost if the pinion. 

Which motor do you have? Link?

35 minutes ago, bavee said:

Which motor do you have? Link?

The Tamiya 380 Sports Tuned in the bottom middle of the picture. But I think the question is not what motor but which car it is for. The Carson one had been suggested but I can't seem to source one in the UK. I had however ordered some Aliexpress special from China, got to wait for it to arrive to see if it works. 

28 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

The Tamiya 380 Sports Tuned in the bottom middle of the picture. But I think the question is not what motor but which car it is for. The Carson one had been suggested but I can't seem to source one in the UK. I had however ordered some Aliexpress special from China, got to wait for it to arrive to see if it works. 

20211017_142206.jpg

That does not seem to be a 10T pinion?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bavee said:

Hold on. Is that an OG Holiday Buggy?

This one is not:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=120139&id=29766

It is a DT-02 based HB powered by a 380 motor with a pressed on brass 10t pinion (I counted it). There had a suggestion on the Carson pinion to replace it with, but as I said, it is kind of difficult finding 0.8m 10t pinion in the UK. It costs like €4 from DE but €12 postage or something silly like that. The Monster Beetle one could be right but based on pictures, it don't look so. 

14 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

It is a DT-02 based HB powered by a 380 motor with a pressed on brass 10t pinion (I counted it). There had a suggestion on the Carson pinion to replace it with, but as I said, it is kind of difficult finding 0.8m 10t pinion in the UK. It costs like €4 from DE but €12 postage or something silly like that. The Monster Beetle one could be right but based on pictures, it don't look so. 

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned in your pinion discussions is that most pinions are made for 540 motors, which have a shaft diameter of 3.175mm (1/8") versus the 2.3mm shaft of a 380-size motor. I bought a 10T pinion for one of mine (same as the Monster Beetle one above) and then still had to make a sleeve so it would clamp tightly onto the 380 motor shaft.

4 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned in your pinion discussions is that most pinions are made for 540 motors, which have a shaft diameter of 3.175mm (1/8") versus the 2.3mm shaft of a 380-size motor. I bought a 10T pinion for one of mine (same as the Monster Beetle one above) and then still had to make a sleeve so it would clamp tightly onto the 380 motor shaft.

Yes, but someone had mentioned that the 380 ST comes with adaptors, and having one to hand, I can confirm that. 

15 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Yes, but someone had mentioned that the 380 ST comes with adaptors, and having one to hand, I can confirm that. 

Ah that's right, I forgot the ST motor does indeed come with adaptors. No worries then!

In my review of my fleet I got my TT02-T chassis out for a run. It’s got a 10.5t brushless motor with speed gear set bearings etc. Now it’s had many incarnations since I bought it as a Sandshaker, but for some reason everything I put in it, RS200, Metro 6R4, various truck bodies and a Bowler Wildcat.  
i got the Wildcat body out of the loft, I have also ordered a new ABS one, and it just still looked wrong. So I decided to measure the wheelbase and 💡 moment.. rear arms were in short configuration. Ie 251mm. So 10 minutes later we have 257mm and with original  wheels it has great ground clearance. A new Bowler project in readiness. Did you know there’s a Military version ( @Willy iine ) and I will have two bodies 😊

32866B6D-851A-4D47-8163-3DB01FB4B964.jpeg.bb8812ea85447ce7e473c3c1b163ae28.jpeg

90DF40B5-5ADB-4570-BAB1-CE9F6DE66E70.jpeg.916ff00822ebc90fec675125cc1a4cc9.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Unpacked the important stuff from my holiday. Also unpacked what the postman brought me while I was away. 

spacer.png

Also started gathering the bits required to build the Holiday Buggy. Tested a new ESC I received but it did not power the lights too well and the HB will have 4 lights to power. Tested an alternative and it works better. I will really prefer a slimmer ESC than one with a tall heat sink though. I have a 1040 coming in and will try that one out when it arrives. This will be used as a beach runner, so I will not be using the included Tamiya TBLE-04S and also a waterproof servo and RX to make cleaning up after a beach run easier. Also due to arrive are the beating set. The 380 Sports Tuned may not if the 32p 10T pinion I ordered don't fit. It is practically impossible to find 0.8 mod 10t pinions. 

uawa5MP.jpg

A really good kit choice 👍

Great looking and really nice to run as well. 

Yeah, early xmas at @alvinlwh's house!  :lol:

For me, going to drive my Billy's Beetle GF01 again.. it has the right amount of speed, rotation, wheelie eagerness (not too eager is good), and funny looks.   ^_^

Going to rethink the RC room arrangement a bit too.. It's too busy looking and I don't like it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 stitches in the base of my finger 😳

Thank you NHS for putting sewing me back up 💥

Amazing people and I’m very grateful 👍

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

For me, going to drive my Billy's Beetle GF01 again.. it has the right amount of speed, rotation, wheelie eagerness (not too eager is good), and funny looks.   ^_^

Going to rethink the RC room arrangement a bit too.. It's too busy looking and I don't like it. 

I just showed my wife the pictures of your workroom, I can’t repeat her exact words but let’s just say she was impressed 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

No sir, for Christmas, I am planning to get a TA03R-S. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I just showed my wife the pictures of your workroom, I can’t repeat her exact words but let’s just say she was impressed 😂

This was the second time (at least) he posted those pictures. The first time I showed it to my wife, she said I need to get my extension built first. 

• Haha 1