Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I just showed my wife the pictures of your workroom, I can’t repeat her exact words but let’s just say she was impressed 😂

Thanks, Mrs.Grumpy pants!! :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

This was the second time (at least) he posted those pictures. The first time I showed it to my wife, she said I need to get my extension built first. 

Yeah, sorry I lack originality.  I tend to copy paste often.. as you have seen in my M38's..  :ph34r:

@OoALEJOoO Post your awesome driver figure painting here!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

4 stitches in the base of my finger 😳

Thank you NHS for putting sewing me back up 💥

Amazing people and I’m very grateful 👍

Woah, I just saw this post.  :blink: Hope you are okay.. was this from your home improvement project?   Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

4 stitches in the base of my finger 😳

Thank you NHS for putting sewing me back up 💥

Amazing people and I’m very grateful 👍

Accident RCing? I heard CA works equally well, in fact NHS used that instead of stitches on me before. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Accident RCing? I heard CA works equally well, in fact NHS used that instead of stitches on me before. 

I use CA when I cut myself while working on my 1:1 cars..  it stings like heck but works very well.   I also use masking tape as bandage which my wife got a kick out of.  I have a first aid kit in the garage, but sometimes smaller cuts car guys don’t care.. besides dripping blood onto the car which is a big nono.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

besides dripping blood onto the car which is a big nono.   

I am not sure if a laugh reaction is an appropriate reaction to that or not. My biker friend once had this saying "Skin will heal but it costs money to fix damage to the bike". 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, sorry I lack originality.  I tend to copy paste often.. as you have seen in my M38's..  :ph34r:

@OoALEJOoO Post your awesome driver figure painting here!

I enjoy the regular photos of your showroom, and in particular the M38 group shots 👍

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Woah, I just saw this post.  :blink: Hope you are okay.. was this from your home improvement project?   Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! 

Yep, 2nd days DIY in a longtime but all’s well.

Got that job done and pleased with my weekends labour.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Sadly not RCing, couldn’t use CA as it wouldn’t have worked as the wound is at the base of the finger were it joins my hand. 

50 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I use CA when I cut myself while working on my 1:1 cars..  it stings like heck but works very well.   I also use masking tape as bandage which my wife got a kick out of.  I have a first aid kit in the garage, but sometimes smaller cuts car guys don’t care.. besides dripping blood onto the car which is a big nono.   

My wife rang me as she saw the blood stains in the garden and then rang me whilst I was waiting for the stitches to be done 😂  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Grumpy pants said:

My wife rang me as she saw the blood stains in the garden and then rang me whilst I was waiting for the sticked to be done 😂  

Not a laughing matter, but funny indeed.  Good to see you are in good spirits following the accident.   

got some dirt on the Turbo Optima... (as well of the other cars, but I did not took pictures of the others, as it was on a track, while the Turbo Optima ran in the garden)

fOAJkPC.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, silvertriple said:

got some dirt on the Turbo Optima... (as well of the other cars, but I did not took pictures of the others, as it was on a track, while the Turbo Optima ran in the garden)

fOAJkPC.jpg

Is that your new lawnmower?  Looks fast!  :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Is that your new lawnmower?  Looks fast!  :lol:

It's fast, but unfortunately not very efficient for a lawnmower 😂

• Haha 1

My wife bought one of those heart shaped ornament displays, not my cup of tea really but she asked me to clean it up and paint it.

I think she'll be pleased 👍

DSC_0007.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

5 minutes ago, svenb said:

My wife bought one of those heart shaped ornament displays, not my cup of tea really but she asked me to clean it up and paint it.

I think she'll be pleased 👍

DSC_0007.JPG

I ❤️ Tamiya motors 

• Like 4

Wrapped the center shelf black (from white) and ninja edited the My RC Space thread picture.. :ph34r:

IMG_Oct172021at23512PM.jpg.c7d597b4aec07c2998b3970bd30ebafb.jpg

• Like 3

enjoy the heart shaped shelving for what its worth, she likely has other plans to place different in those places.

i did bring the tt02 with basher body, slash with original shell and lunchbox. they survived the 10 and 14yr olds driving. the only casualties were a lost battery holder pin on lunch box was lost and a few paint scrapes on front right pillar and hood. the pin was likely lost when it was held close to the body hugging the kit so it doesnt fall. likely put some pressure on the pin and fell out. got a spare one. got the light brown touch ups done for the most part. the red brown is next. they handeld it pretty well, the younger one liked the lunchbox more, the other didnt mind either and played more with slash. i did find the trenchers and stock slash body dont mix well when the body clips are installed. it rubs on rear top of tire and likely caused a caution slowdown as it went super slow for a bit. not exactly sure what happened but when switching from training mode and normal it just didnt havve the usual speed. battery swap didnt work so i put it in race mode and 100% was there, put it back to 100% FNR and all good.  did take the tt02 for a spin to sow what it could doe for a few minutes.

Finished work at lunchtime, so went and picked up the last set of TT02 super mini dampers and a can of PS-2 Red from my LHS. Went to get a stronger servo for my MAN TGX as well but the one I wanted was out of stock.

Got home and decided to dismantle my two M04's and make one good one out of the two and swap all the good hop ups to the good chassis. This one will be the Alfa Giulia which was previously a runner, but will have the good bits and the unmarked chassis, the other chassis and remaining hop ups will make up the Beetle.

Also the sun is out, so it's beer o'clock 🤷 

nWDQTpF.jpeg

• Like 6

So tonight after supper I drove my GF01 Billy's Beetle and noticed it tracked slight right under moderate to full throttle, but tracked straight off throttle and light throttle.  So I thought I'd be a good time to see if my younger 'engineer head' so he thinks yada yada teen could figure out what to do.  He has no interest in RC or cars for that matter so it'd be perfect.  Obviously for us RC guys this is an easy fix.

I showed him the condition and asked whether my front or rear alignment was off.  He replied 'no'.  (correct)

I asked him why it only did this under moderate to full throttle.  He replied 'rear traction left/right off balance'.  (correct)

I asked him how to fix this.  He replied 'shift weight to rear right wheel by raising left side'.  (correct)

I added a 1mm perch to the left damper to raise it, walla.   Fixed.   Corner Balance101.  Okay, so maybe he might not be so dumb after all.  :lol:  

• Like 3

Find a solution to rise a bit body shell for my RX memorial. 'Cause of lipo's wire pushing on right side, body get hit by left damper attach point and not laying flat (makes me anxious :wacko:).

RIzWIKD.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Goudar said:

Find a solution to rise a bit body shell for RX memorial. 'Cause of lipo's wire pushing on right side, body get hit by damper attach point and not laying flat (makes me anxious).

RIzWIKD.jpg

Nice mod and repurposing those plastic bushings!   I am assuming there is no more clip holes you can mount a small clip under the body (where you have the new o-ring)..?

• Thanks 1

I tried but holes was too close I can't get the top one snaped on. And the o-ring may absorb bad moves, I guess.

23 minutes ago, Goudar said:

I tried but holes was too close I can't get the top one snaped on. And the o-ring may absorb bad moves, I guess.

I see.   That’s a good remedy for sure.