Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so i got some great news and a "made do reasoning" purchase. the Lanevo7 body came in last friday?? picked up today and just opened it a few minutes ago. the body is in good condition and it fits the TT02 chassis perfectly. i got the rear body post on the back tower mounts with 1 spacer. no additional mods are needed to make it fit the tt02 chassis. the TA03F will let me display the nostalgia arcade cars. still not really regretting the purchase but it did bother me that i couldnt really showcase 2 TT02 bodies side by side properly. the current tt02 bodies should fit the TA03F without many issues

i had to wash the interior twice and exterior once with dish soap. there was this slightly sticky clearish white that made it look extremely scratched up but once properly cleaned its almost new looking. the body does have 2 extra holes for the aerial predrilled that i will have to do something about but its not a huge deal. the sticker sheet is the Tommi Makinen stickers but will only use the front/rear head lights and likely the window strips.

• Like 2

Hornet battery door and transmission brace. After I bought my first set off shapeways, I then bought the blueprints off AMPRO and then had them made by xometry instead of shapeways… WAY cheaper than shapeways and same or better materials.

92DE3D77-44F9-4E87-824F-6F2531C431BC.jpeg

• Like 4

I won the photo contest again!! 😃😃😃

I almost feel daft about how big a grin I have on my face. Really made my day! :D

The second thing I've ever won in my life hehe

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

I almost feel daft about how big a grin I have on my face. Really made my day! :D

👏

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Well deserved, it is a great photo.

• Like 2

2021 Trx-4 bronco, my Tamiya stuff is on hold while we renovate the house so i needed a RTR :)

20211115_205047.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_Nov162021at11337PM.jpg.6cc76b91564c7bb1c48a6bb0e57da83b.jpg

IMG_Nov162021at22700PM.jpg.5cb0d06e4ba11ef4d38c7e4120193500.jpg

Funny you know I’m a great fan of your work but for some reason the rear lights don’t work for me. 😔

3 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Funny you know I’m a great fan of your work but for some reason the rear lights don’t work for me. 😔

Do you mean the bezel or the lens itself?  

IMG_Nov162021at34859PM.jpg.ccda74cd6df91ad54bd74f44d312831b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Do you mean the bezel or the lens itself?  

IMG_Nov162021at34859PM.jpg.ccda74cd6df91ad54bd74f44d312831b.jpg

The white pod. Maybe it’s just me. Once it’s mounted on the chassis it probably will look different. To me it should be all blue to balance with the front wings?

5 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

The white pod. Maybe it’s just me. Once it’s mounted on the chassis it probably will look different. To me it should be all blue to balance with the front wings?

That's odd you noticed that now because that has been my signature for all my Beetles thus far including the 3 comical ones..  it adds contrast.  

Since this is the fullsized version of my battleship red comical SS, I can't give up the bezel theme.  :lol:

IMG_Oct292021at60733PM.jpg.5adc7d426901ae7cb372fb75ca00db0c.jpg

IMG_Sep262021at15955PM.thumb.jpg.aa761d9b2021db6e061a7fa298012c24.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

That's odd you noticed that now because that has been my signature for all my Beetles thus far including the 3 comical ones..  it adds contrast.  

Since this is the fullsized version of my battleship red comical SS, I can't give up the bezel theme.  :lol:

I think I need a early night and rest my eyes!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I think I need a early night and rest my eyes!!!

Ouch.. it's not THAT horrendous, it's it? :blink: :lol:

I think you're right @Busdriver , I think it does look different once it is mounted - you can see the light pod in context of the body and the chassis. I especially like the red / green @Willy iine.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I think you're right @Busdriver , I think it does look different once it is mounted - you can see the light pod in context of the body and the chassis. I especially like the red / green @Willy iine.

Thanks, Badcrumble.

I'm okay with criticism, too.  I was just wondering if I did something wrong on the body.  I don't have much building experience with Beetles as I have always been a MiniCooper guy when it came to classic hatches.. just recently I got a sudden urge for Beetles, so.  :D

52 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_Sep262021at15955PM.thumb.jpg.aa761d9b2021db6e061a7fa298012c24.jpg

Loving the color choices and the matte finish along with the blacked out rims, only thing out of place is the polished exhaust, maybe a gunmetal or just flat brushed look all over ... but otherwise near on perfection here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ryz82 said:

Loving the color choices and the matte finish along with the blacked out rims, only thing out of place is the polished exhaust, maybe a gunmetal or just flat brushed look all over ... but otherwise near on perfection here.

Thanks, huh, I thought the polished exhaust canister worked on this car with the brushed tip to follow the chrome headlight bezels and side mirrors.  It was like I needed something chrome and shiny in the rear to balance the front. 

Thanks for looking! :D

Okay.. final update for today.  Finished the battleship red SS body.  I still need to assemble the chassis.  :lol:  I’ll post one higher res picture in the photo only thread.

IMG_Nov162021at51346PM.jpg.dcb61fd10bdff08e363007cfb48e9337.jpg

IMG_Nov162021at51328PM.jpg.ac0d4b45839fdcd5cde804dcc058cc52.jpg

IMG_Nov162021at51337PM.jpg.b6062ef9d6d61b032b710d3daea48455.jpg

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, huh, I thought the polished exhaust canister worked on this car with the brushed tip to follow the chrome headlight bezels and side mirrors.  It was like I needed something chrome and shiny in the rear to balance the front. 

Thanks for looking! :D

Okay.. final update for today.  Finished the battleship red SS body.  I still need to assemble the chassis.  :lol:  I’ll post one higher res picture in the photo only thread.

IMG_Nov162021at51346PM.jpg.dcb61fd10bdff08e363007cfb48e9337.jpg

IMG_Nov162021at51328PM.jpg.ac0d4b45839fdcd5cde804dcc058cc52.jpg

IMG_Nov162021at51337PM.jpg.b6062ef9d6d61b032b710d3daea48455.jpg

That deep blue colour looks stunning. 

Sorry, Battleship Red. 

• Haha 2