Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Can you guys fit Billy in there?

Reckon you could. I'm using a Hobbywing 10BL60 that sits on the servo and is to high for a driver. I could tuck a Hobbywing 1060 behind the servo (low profile) and the receiver stuck to the chassis side. Would look cool with Billy in there. 

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Can you guys fit Billy in there?

Reckon you could. I'm using a Hobbywing 10BL60 that sits on the servo and is to high for a driver. I could tuck a Hobbywing 1060 behind the servo (low profile) and the receiver stuck to the chassis side. Would look cool with Billy in there. 

Won’t be able to post tomorrow due a large quantity of drugs!!! Tomorrow I’m have a new chassis fitted. Top and bottom deck with titanium screws of course. Not sure about blue bits but hopefully an upgrade from the original 63 year old one!!

in the words of Arnie “I’ll be back”

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Won’t be able to post tomorrow due a large quantity of drugs!!! Tomorrow I’m have a new chassis fitted. Top and bottom deck with titanium screws of course. Not sure about blue bits but hopefully an upgrade from the original 63 year old one!!

Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery!

• Thanks 1

@Busdriver that sounds a bit more serious than the cracked wheel rim I’m currently dealing with! Best of luck and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Good luck tomorrow!   We’ll all be thinking about you.   So are you going to paint the new chassis battleship red?  ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Nice..!  Sounds like a win to me. :D

Speaking of Billy, I test drove the CR01 with the new wheels/tires and binded the receiver to my DX5Pro-2021.  

Programmed 4WS and removed the LED module.  I’m just not into lights and dangling wires.  

The truck actually drove very well (much better than expected) and even with the locked diffs no issue turning.   I’m going to keep mine a crawler vs monster truck. 

IMG_Nov192021at42440PM.jpg.6ff797d0cd784cb442fb48b9cea7c3cf.jpg

• Like 3

Hope all goes well @Busdriver.

Shame you’re not pushing the boat out @Willy iine but I’ll do my best to monsterize my Cr-01. It is a crawler, after all, we will see what happen with unlocked diffs and maybe a brushless system…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Shame you’re not pushing the boat out @Willy iine but I’ll do my best to monsterize my Cr-01. It is a crawler, after all, we will see what happen with unlocked diffs and maybe a brushless system…

Yeah, the only negative I had about my CR01 was the appearance of the wheels and tires so once I put the new set on, I was already very happy with the car.  

And seeing how well it crawled, I just want to keep it that way.  It is a night day improvement from stock.  :D

I made a rough torso bracket mimicking a SS driver torso for Billy and glued it on.  I should probably putty up that hole in his left arm, but it’s fine. 

Will paint him tomorrow and work on the body..

IMG_Nov192021at54504PM.jpg.3d29ed29ed67edb583c601acedd7baea.jpg

IMG_Nov192021at54731PM.jpg.2ff6491a2f348ca65e5f3811f252f469.jpg

• Like 2

Accidentally bought these 14mm hexes last year because I didn't read carefully (the pins are 12mm!) and recently got these Pro-Line 6x30 adapters to give this a try...

Not as clean or concentric as I wanted (wish I had the right tools for this), but I think they might just work!

traxxas_14mm_hex.jpg

foams_01.jpg

foams_02.jpg

foams_installed.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Good luck tomorrow!   We’ll all be thinking about you.   So are you going to paint the new chassis battleship red?  ;)

Alclad natural metal 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Alclad natural metal 

Box art then ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Hope all goes well 👍

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

DSC_0110

Very nice 👍🏻 

Interesting to hear the VQS Hi-Caps didn’t fit as they are listed that they do. Were they to long or something, or binding? But just goes to show you can’t believe everything you read.

8 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Interesting to hear the VQS Hi-Caps didn’t fit

They have to compress so much to fit that the springs have way to much preload. I even tried with different lower spring retainers but I didn't have any other bigger bore springs to really sort it. The overall length you can reduce with internal spacers, but you really need shorter springs too. I'm looking at the manual and wondering if they may work with the other shock mounts... 🤔

• Thanks 1

Took the old paint off an original Hotshot II body today. Took some work, but the results are decent:

spacer.pngIMG_2348.jpeg?raw=true

Just added the Boomerang MSC cover, freshly peeled, to compare the clarity of the results.

• Like 4

Just placed an order for some bits to help bring the Bear Hawk roller I bought off @SteelRat back to life. I am not sure yet which direction I want to go with it, either restoring it as a Bear Hawk, restomodding it into a Bear Hawk-esque custom-bodied buggy or turning it into a Stadium Something, but a fresh tub and gearbox plastics will come in handy whatever it ends up becoming, so they are on the way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cambragol said:

Took the old paint off an original Hotshot II body today. Took some work, but the results are decent:

spacer.pngIMG_2348.jpeg?raw=true

Just added the Boomerang MSC cover, freshly peeled, to compare the clarity of the results.

Looks like a great result!

What did you use to remove the paint?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Looks like a great result!

What did you use to remove the paint?

I used Ethanol, which was in a disinfectant spray. The package says 79-80% ethanol, though I think it has a few other ingredients. I am not sure what kind of paint was on the body when I got it, as I bought it used. It might not have been regular 'polycarbonate' paint, so I am not sure my technique carries over. It took a few soaks, and then mild scrubbing with a towel, finger nail, or toothbrush. None of this left any marks on the body though.

I polished it after with a polishing cloth, and that also helped things get smooth and clear.

I finally got my magnifier with light ring from Amazon yesterday.  It got delayed for 3 days..  

This one has a longer arm than the Tamiya Paint Station I was using before so I can now position the magnifiying lens away from the work desk.. which means I can now fit a RC body under there to paint window trims and such. :D

IMG_Nov202021at93319AM.jpg.7d6429a6ba74f5b0264ba8952595d1cd.jpg

Positioned away from desk top.   (Zoomed in on my seat stitching..)

IMG_Nov202021at93332AM.jpg.aa390921ac7c703602c1b57a8b8dc2fd.jpg

So there is no more excuse to suck at painting..  :blink: :wacko: :ph34r:..

I also repurposed spray can tops to hold my 2 main brushes.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Due to some bad weather and life taking over, it's been quite a few days without any RC activity here and, besides work and getting there by bike, not much physical activity either.

I really wanted to do something about it last night, so I ended up just driving a couple cars indoors, since our current temporary place happens to have long corridors. It felt like trying to walk the dog inside a closet so it didn't quite scratch the itch, but at least I managed to avoid disaster!! Way too much potential for instant damage to the cars as soon as you try to spin some wheels indoors.

Can't wait til this is over and I can have a semblance of a personal RC space again!

Screenshot-20211119-125052-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20211120-110854-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20211119-124939-Video-Player.

• Like 6