Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

i'm surprised at how thin this black is going on the Tacoma body, it seems like it's going on nice and even just thin 3-4 coats and I can still see through it.

Yeah, if it was a touring car low to the ground one can get away with it (also to keep the body as light weight as possible), but on a truck body you'll probably want it nice and thick.. no see-through light.

I couldn't wait.   Heh.  Will look even blingier once the protective film comes off.  I might find a similar wheel polished chrome to go for that Back to the Future Marty McFly Toyota truck look.

Photo Dec 09, 8 10 42 PM.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

They're even letting you go to the hobby shop?  I thought you couldn't go out minus health care related stuff.

I’m in Melbourne, Australia. Most restrictions are removed since we reached 90% vaccinated rate a few weeks ago. We still have to wear a mask and log-in wherever we go but after more than 260 days of hard lockdown it feels like real freedom!

There are strange restrictions still in place though. Travel restrictions still apply between various states despite now being able to travel overseas! The joys of a federal v state government model!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I’m in Melbourne, Australia. Most restrictions are removed since we reached 90% vaccinated rate a few weeks ago. We still have to wear a mask and log-in wherever we go but after more than 260 days of hard lockdown it feels like real freedom! 

Ah ok!   Good to hear!

11 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

I couldn't wait.   Heh.  Will look even blingier once the protective film comes off.  I might find a similar wheel polished chrome to go for that Back to the Future Marty McFly Toyota truck look.

:lol:  It's like one of those 'what's wrong with the picture?' puzzles.   Looking forward to the finished body.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

:lol:  It's like one of those 'what's wrong with the picture?' puzzles.   Looking forward to the finished body.

Ordered license plates.   LISC2ILL    :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Photo Dec 09, 8 10 42 PM.jpg

I have noticed you paint before cutting the body.  Is that easier?  Never tried this before 

My Weilder HSV-010 TA-05v2 underway. First time with a belt driven car.  Stopped as instructions asked for “non-organic rubber cement” for the ball diff shields!   This is new type of build for me

467BD03D-2FE1-4D6D-9344-32DB4272D719.jpeg

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

I have noticed you paint before cutting the body.  Is that easier?  Never tried this before 

It's always how I've done it so I have something to clip to if I'm hanging it to dry or paint.  It's just what I'm used to doing.

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

My Weilder HSV-010 TA-05v2 underway. First time with a belt driven car.  Stopped as instructions asked for “non-organic rubber cement” for the ball diff shields!   This is new type of build for me

467BD03D-2FE1-4D6D-9344-32DB4272D719.jpeg

Essentially this stuff:Amazon.co.jp: Elmers No-Wrinkle Rubber Cement With Brush (904) by Manhattan  Comfort [並行輸入品]: Office Products

58 minutes ago, Killajb said:

Essentially this stuff:Amazon.co.jp: Elmers No-Wrinkle Rubber Cement With Brush (904) by Manhattan  Comfort [並行輸入品]: Office Products

I remember this stuff when I liked in Canada and US.  For some reasons it is impossible to find in HK.
FML

6 hours ago, Killajb said:

Is that Tamiya's mythical 'synthetic rubbber cement'?

Does Tamiya make rubber cement?  It is the only time in instructions which did not have Tamiya model code 😅

This set is new but must have been in the shelf for a while.  Are these tires still good?  There is a white residue 

1C027B43-F5F5-4C8C-B9C9-708B25ABA2C7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Frankster said:

Does Tamiya make rubber cement?  It is the only time in instructions which did not have Tamiya model code 😅

Not that I'm aware of, I do use their cement with the brush, the small bottle with the orange cap I think it is.

1 minute ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Not that I'm aware of, I do use their cement with the brush, the small bottle with the orange cap I think it is.

Yes, that's good stuff.. but not a rubber cement replacement.  

6 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Got the Nichimo Spirit FF almost down to parts..

P3X21ET.jpg

cFBHl92.jpg

5gNXX3k.jpg

3zCKcIc.jpg

The good news is that the gearbox is in perfect state :)

Such an interesting piece of RC history. Looking forward to the final result. Good luck with the restoration.

• Like 1

Heading to the shop to get my Blockhead Motors Wild One.

As if I don't have enough work to do with a N scale model railroad I'm building too.   HA.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Received an email today to say there’s a parcel waiting for me at the office. Is it 

a) the servo saver and lower bumpers for my CR-01

b) an Axial SMT10 builders kit

Unfortunately, I’ll have to wait a while to find out :(

• Like 1

Another busy work day today.. couldn’t get anything done.. well, besides work.

Finished painting Willy.. 

oops

IMG_Dec102021at63403PM.jpg.4b64aa940132a3ab000cc04dc61cee53.jpg

(btw, just drying the paint on the bottom of his shoes)

• Haha 7