Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find it's easier to stay motivated if you do a little each night than say "OK tonight I'm gonna sit here for 6 hours and bang away!" 

Plus I think you do better work in shorter stints.

57 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

I find it's easier to stay motivated if you do a little each night than say "OK tonight I'm gonna sit here for 6 hours and bang away!" 

Plus I think you do better work in shorter stints.

I've been trying to convince the wifey of this for years.. yet she still insists:rolleyes:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Decided to run one of my existing GF01’s for the F100.. mainly because I wanted to keep one NIB for long term.   Okay.. I was just too lazy to build one today.  :lol: Haha.. … :ph34r:

So I got the foundation done for the 3 body post setup on the F100.   The front is running a @nicherotors custom center post for the M38, and the rears will be cut and cleaned up later.  

I have to say, fitment is perfect as I made a 2 piece post setup on the rear (trial and error forward/aft with mounting tape initially) and cemented the 2 pieces together once I found the exact spot. 

IMG_Dec152021at50728PM.jpg.1a415933f1cc26d57550366e156162ed.jpg

IMG_Dec152021at51836PM.jpg.d0d4b9656bcccb7ca31d86353f02d590.jpg

Looks really cute. I’m bit confused about the body. It’s not the standard Pumpkin body as surely that would be too long so where does it come from?

• Thanks 1

We went out tonight for a lil RC action.

I was so tempted to push the throttle stick forward alright! :ph34r:

V8rbJN0.jpg

The Corvette rolled once real slow, it was funny! Fortunately that did not bother the orig lexan body.

CmUJitq.jpg

Y'all have a good Thursday! :)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Looks really cute. I’m bit confused about the body. It’s not the standard Pumpkin body as surely that would be too long so where does it come from?

Thanks!  That is a RadioShack Street Comber body which, according to @Nikko85, was shared with the Tamiya QD Pumpkin body. 

So special thanks to Nikko85 for sharing his knowledge!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  That is a RadioShack Street Comber body which, according to @Nikko85, was shared with the Tamiya QD Pumpkin body. 

So special thanks to Nikko85 for sharing his knowledge!!!

Yeah, they were a very slightly different moulding to the QD, but the basic dimensions and fittings are exactly the same with a 175 mm wheelbase, which matches the GF01 perfectly. My thoughts would be that the Tamiya Blackfoot and Clodbuster QD shells would also be a perfect match, but getting them for sale at a good price is tricky.

• Like 1

Huge Soldering job today as i first did a repair on led lamp and then added 7 jst plug on battery cases and FlySky FS-GT3B, i also changed Volt Regulator earlier  on that FlySky that helped a lot. Added a Jst plug on the old battery case with 8 AA batteries. Very close but no Cigar, With the Li-ion batteries installed i cant close the lid, its just 1-2 mm from a Cigar:

New Volt Regulator:

spacer.png

Li-Ion test:

spacer.png

Installed:

spacer.png

Close but no Sigar:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got my booster jab today. Let's see if I will make it to next week. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

I had mine on Tuesday and I’m still here!!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Me too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Me too!

Difference is I am actually down with a flu at this moment as well. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Tried booking mines today, earliest date I could get is mid February !! Unless I want to travel 68 miles. 🙄.

James.

Just now, InsaneJim69 said:

Tried booking mines today, earliest date I could get is mid February !! Unless I want to travel 68 miles. 🙄.

James.

Over here, we do not use the national booking system but through an invite letter with the date and time. I do not want to miss it so I went and got it even with the flu (which according to the guidelines, should be OK). 

1 minute ago, alvinlwh said:

Over here, we do not use the national booking system but through an invite letter with the date and time. I do not want to miss it so I went and got it even with the flu (which according to the guidelines, should be OK). 

Yeah got my letter saying to either phone up or go online. So phoned up, it's the way they say "oh so is the one in Elgin not ok for you?" 🤔😂 Not that far away it's not. 

James.

• Haha 1

Going to Europe today, planning on some quality time with my folks after the first two years of Covid shenanigans. While packing up, I was thinking that I'll miss my RCs, especially this time as I expect it to be less hectic and event-packed than when we used to go in the Summer.

Fast forward a couple hours and this phat bundle was on the way to my parents' house... lil' xmas gift to my own self for a change. Ha!

1639682869919.jpg

I'm excited, this will be my first rally/on road chassis, sporting a shell I've been drooling over since I first saw it: the Lancia Delta Integrale.
I know it's not the hyped XV-01 platform, but my main goal this time was to get something that would be complete, as I've no RC gear over there, and that could be delivered before xmas so the choice and availability with these criteria was very limited. Now I will have something to do, and to run.

Fast forward another couple hours, and the first hop-ups are already on their way: Rally driver cockpit set, full ball bearings, and mini-cva set for TT02 chassis. Good times! Can't wait to start building this Lancia kit in my native land.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Can't wait to start building this Lancia kit in my native land.

It’s a shame that you’ll have to leave it in Euro and buy another one when you get home…. Yeah darn shame…

• Haha 1

Was another busy work day.. finished the fender liners and took some snaps posted in the photos only thread. 

Thanks again, @Nikko85, I really love this car. :D

IMG_Dec162021at50712PM.jpg.0308642adbd6e8ab696a28a3f840fd49.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

Going to Europe today, planning on some quality time with my folks after the first two years of Covid shenanigans. While packing up, I was thinking that I'll miss my RCs, especially this time as I expect it to be less hectic and event-packed than when we used to go in the Summer.

Fast forward a couple hours and this phat bundle was on the way to my parents' house... lil' xmas gift to my own self for a change. Ha!

1639682869919.jpg

I'm excited, this will be my first rally/on road chassis, sporting a shell I've been drooling over since I first saw it: the Lancia Delta Integrale.
I know it's not the hyped XV-01 platform, but my main goal this time was to get something that would be complete, as I've no RC gear over there, and that could be delivered before xmas so the choice and availability with these criteria was very limited. Now I will have something to do, and to run.

Fast forward another couple hours, and the first hop-ups are already on their way: Rally driver cockpit set, full ball bearings, and mini-cva set for TT02 chassis. Good times! Can't wait to start building this Lancia kit in my native land.

You should have Santa as the driver…😅

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Was another busy work day.. finished the fender liners and took some snaps posted in the photos only thread. 

Thanks again, @Nikko85, I really love this car. :D

IMG_Dec162021at50712PM.jpg.0308642adbd6e8ab696a28a3f840fd49.jpg

Looks great.  Love the small details such as the winch 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Looks great.  Love the small details such as the winch 

Hey, thanks!   :D

The RadioShack chassis that came with that F100 body is still in my garage.. I completely forgot about it until this morning when I decided to install a large power strip on my steel cabinet and saw it still sitting on my mobile cart.  Not sure what to do with it.  I took a quick look at it, but it's a toy grade RC so probably will end up getting recycled.. 

Assembled the rest of the CC02 last night.  Had to use plastic bushes since the bearings were MIA.  Today they arrived!  I'll pull apart the axles switch the bushes out and reassemble them again tonight.  Not a big problem but I do need to remove a couple of e-clips which are never fun.

Now that it's more or less complete (servo and other electrics still need to go in) I quite like it.  Much nicer than a CC01, as it should be after this many years, and reminds me a little of the CR01 although a much less intensive build.  I believe 4WS should be possible with a second kit scavenged for parts although I'm not quite game enough to try that yet.  Bearings, metal hexes, and a steel pinion are all I've changed.  Didn't have to glue anything like the manual suggests.  I'd like a crawler motor and ESC in there but I'll run it as is for now.

Stock plastic steering link feels a bit bendy for my liking.  The receiver box needs to be attached with tape when a couple of screws would've been better.  I hope the stock driveshafts hold up as I don't think I've seen replacement steel ones that fit the short wheelbase.  Tyres are still garbage for anything requiring grip of course.  Other than that I think it's quite a good little truck.  I'll see how bad the widely acknowledged bumpsteer problem is then decide if I need to find a solution.

I'm going to be running a different body to the Unimog and it's one I haven't seen on this chassis yet.  I'll get it mounted this weekend and maybe even paint it if I can.

i4yeZmN.jpg

PKKxqOk.jpg

• Like 6