Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was going to start working on setting up my new music room this morning since my wife is 90% out of her old work space, but since it is a big project and will take a long time to complete, I decided to install display lights on the lower 2 shelves in the back instead.  

IMG_Dec242021at112016AM.jpg.1bf5e5872458bcd6dd79043ba62900f9.jpg

Heading down to my music room now.  B)

• Like 2

I need to do something.  I might move my Futaba Sport gear into my Frog from the Tamiya Golf V5.   The kit has a micro receiver, an MC112B so it would work well in the Frog.

I've already got a beautiful black can to put in the back.  Though I'm tempted to pick up a Kyosho LeMans 240ST which was/is a screamer of a motor.

Finished cutting body out.  Used circle cutter for first time on wheel arches.  Turned out great and smooth.

Started masking the body for the kit light pods. 

B8CC5DED-049C-41C8-94B1-626A65B53114.jpeg

• Like 3

95% complete just got paranoid Perry to paint and the cockpit! I'm quite impressed with the way it went together! I just stuck overall to the boxart!

20211224_181644.jpg

• Like 9

18 hours ago, XJman said:

Lets assume the title of this thread reads

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

I was putting some tires together while talking with the old lady. Got them all glued and realized 3 inserts are still sitting on the desk next to me. I then hung my head in shame. I jumped on tamiya USA to order new wheels and tires. Yep, closed for inventory.

I then went to grab my phone to shoot a text. Glue spot on my thumb and finger print sensor wont read now. Been a winning day.

Superglue remover. Always have some in hand when working with superglue. 

20 hours ago, XJman said:

Lets assume the title of this thread reads

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

I was putting some tires together while talking with the old lady. Got them all glued and realized 3 inserts are still sitting on the desk next to me. I then hung my head in shame. I jumped on tamiya USA to order new wheels and tires. Yep, closed for inventory.

I then went to grab my phone to shoot a text. Glue spot on my thumb and finger print sensor wont read now. Been a winning day.

how many of you guys glue your tires on?  So far I have not done it to any of my cars. Can I use regular crazy glue or do I need the expensive Tamiya tire glue?

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I was going to start working on setting up my new music room this morning since my wife is 90% out of her old work space, but since it is a big project and will take a long time to complete, I decided to install display lights on the lower 2 shelves in the back instead.  

IMG_Dec242021at112016AM.jpg.1bf5e5872458bcd6dd79043ba62900f9.jpg

Heading down to my music room now.  B)

@Willy iine do you dive all your cars or only have a few for driving / bashing?   I have a few cars I want to purchase as “shelf queens” and thinking of skipping install of bearings, servos and other electronics.  I may even assemble the CVA but skip installing the damper oil.  

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings everyone!  I hope everyone received Hop Up parts in their stockings :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

@Willy iine is that a paint can lid?  Is it the same diameter  for polycarbonate wheel arch?  Never thought to try this method

No it’s my paint brush holder I made..

IMG_Dec202021at65500PM.jpg.cb5d441064f91f0493d7315fa0dced52.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!  B)

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Frankster said:

@Willy iine do you dive all your cars or only have a few for driving / bashing?   I have a few cars I want to purchase as “shelf queens” and thinking of skipping install of bearings, servos and other electronics.  I may even assemble the CVA but skip installing the damper oil.  

Any thoughts?

I drive all my cars except for the one M38 that is in a display box (built with mechanical speed controller).  However, I don’t go all out crazy while driving, drive on my indoor makeshift track (EVA foam), and usually do not crash so my cars are safe from getting damaged. 

The display M38 is running minimal grease, but the rest including all my GF01’s are running per instructions with full bearings, oil dampers, etc. where applicable.  But I hear you about the bearings and all.. not needed if only for display or only driven once in a blue moon.

Working on an alternative transmission (TRF201) for my Nissan King Cab chassis due to the original ball diff is worn out:

7e71bf14-0448-4689-al9k18.jpeg

• Like 5

Looking forward to some good Tamiya Stock class racing and therefore rebuild and upgraded a TT-01 chassis from a "body carrier" to a race ready chassis. It now has full ballbearings, a neat electronic installation and oil filled shocks. We agreed on an attractive body era theme: Early 90s DTM. So it will be Audi V8 vs. Mercedes 190 vs. my BMW M3 E30 :D

f21ace08-d9ad-4620-8yskbz.jpeg

4b4b247b-c2fd-48d5-9wqj83.jpeg

This body already is responsible for many good R/C memories and sports some scratches and too many holes for the body posts -_-

49070373-e93e-4965-978k2i.jpeg

Looking forward to some close racing!

• Like 10

Finished painting the Toyota bB body and almost finished painting the NSU body. 

spacer.png

Put on the stickers for the bB and touched up the paint. Got this shell because it is the ugliest I can find in 210mm and it is cheap

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Took a break from RC today.  After opening up the presents I worked on setting up my new music room as my wife's work gear is almost completely out of the room.  :D

Tomorrow I'm going to work on the sound baffles for the walls and drive my GF01-SWB during breaks.  Monday I expect to start the XR311 body.