Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Once a cars built @Aerobert, there is still the running, maintenance and upgrades to look forward too. 

Strike while the irons hot on a Truck, but I’d also like to say it’s not my fault if you do get one 😃😉

All the best for the New Year to all

💥🍾🍻🍾🍾💥

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone!

We are well in to the day on the 1st of Jan and all of us with our fingers crossed for a good year… and a car build or two ;) 

• Like 1

Competed my Christmas build...

kmn5rSE.jpeg

Happy new year all!! Here's to a year of happiness for all and of course many, many builds, restorations and fun RC times!

Thanks for all being so welcoming since I joined it September, this forum is a big part of my daily RC!!:)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

This is possibly what will happen. My wife was a little bit disappointed that the build of the chassis was completed after four days. I said if you want to see me longer occupied with a kit I need a truck. Let's see what happens. 😉

Wives annoyed that their husband finishing too quickly? 🤣

• Haha 3

What have I done the first thing this year? Built up the chassis of the M-06 between the singing of Auld Lang Syne and 0115.

spacer.png

• Like 2

I'm in the USA so still have a couple more hours before the new year.  

Have a Happy 2022 everyone.   And thanks for being cool people to hang out with online.  I really enjoy this site and your company.  :D  

While I've been slacking the last several days RC wise, I'll be back soon!

My son's calling me sukiyaki is ready.. :P

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, egalsim said:

Forgot to post this from a couple months back.

20210731_122315.jpg

20210717_193944.jpg

20210719_212416.jpg

Are those 2.4 wheels and tyres or 2.6's,? Looks brilliant. 👍 I am actually tempted to get a scorcher body for my CEN HL150 monster truck 🤔🤔

Thanks,

James.

4 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Are those 2.4 wheels and tyres or 2.6's,? Looks brilliant. 👍 I am actually tempted to get a scorcher body for my CEN HL150 monster truck 🤔🤔

Thanks,

James.

Tires and wheels are from a Super Clod, so the vehicle is still Tamiya :D

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Before I tried x-rings long time ago, I made these circular shims out of transparencies with holes punched out in the middle.  My wife is a crafty person (Mac's auto-correct changed to 'crazy person' :lol: wahaha!) and she has various sized hole punchers and there was one that was pretty much exact to the damper shaft diameter.  I sandwiched a sheet between the 2 o-rings and it gave enough compression to stop the leaking..   

Going to the old man's house for a few days so I'll have the opportunity to turn some up from nylon. The stock spacer is 2.0mm so I'm thinking to make replacements for those at 2.2mm and see how that goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Competed my Christmas build...

kmn5rSE.jpeg

Happy new year all!! Here's to a year of happiness for all and of course many, many builds, restorations and fun RC times!

Thanks for all being so welcoming since I joined it September, this forum is a big part of my daily RC!!:)

Your DT-03 looks great.  Send more photos in action please

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Happy New Year everyone!

We are well in to the day on the 1st of Jan and all of us with our fingers crossed for a good year… and a car build or two ;) 

I have at least 3 lined up, if I did not get hit by a customs bill from FedEx in the next week or so. Buying from the East for some "exotic" kits. 

22 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

I have at least 3 lined up, if I did not get hit by a customs bill from FedEx in the next week or so. Buying from the East for some "exotic" kits. 

Sounds exciting!

I’ve got lots of builds too get too but haven’t had a chance. Currently on holiday in Fiji so shouldn’t complain! But I’ve just booked another week of holiday so I can get building when I get back I hope.

A nice end to 2021, went for a little trail walk with my wife, exploring a new fun park nearby. Hope you all had a great day as well!

trailwalk_123121.jpg

• Like 9

The reason for motors to sudenly get hot as mentioned earlier was loose pinions (first i tought it was to much spinning in loose snow). One motor did not have a pinion screw when i opened it, so 1 engine spinning free on 3s it miracle its still alive after 2 sesions outside(?). Also a lot off Grey metals on gears so i added new gears and new Steel pinions and Agrios got s lot more punch back when done ofc(was afraid it lost some punch because off bigger Tyres), so either way i got to install the new Pinions i had ready:

Suddenly a full stop outdide today:

spacer.png

Parts i replaced today:

spacer.png

• Like 3

Ground zero... First time I used this venue, got my three boys up and running with their sand vipers and then fitted my battery did half a circuit in my tt02b and discovered this post. 

IMG_20220101_151433.jpg

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Steelyglint said:

So for those who like a little schadenfreude

I for one do not like schadenfreude!😕

2 minutes ago, svenb said:

I for one do not like schadenfreude!😕

Nor me.. ... Probably a stupid strap line but just sharing how my afternoon went. Hopefully the rest of the year will go fine! 

My WPL D12 arrived. The plan is to shorten the wheelbase from 191 mm to 176 mm so it fits the Ford F100 body taken from a Radio Shack QD pumpkin copy. I want to make a semi realistic stanced vintage truck. The fact it's got a forward motor and leaf suspension should help.

This leaves me a spare D12 body...

..and what do you know?

ea1OkwR.jpeg

It will fit almost perfectly on a QD chassis, giving me a spare shell for the QD.

Love the look, brings back some of the fun of the heavy dump and looks a little like a lunchbox but unique too.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

After decades away, I've very recently bought the TT-02 Audi Quattro. I love RC Rally cars.

Today, I tried to work on the steering and ride height. Next is mounting the servo and electronics This is the progress so far.

IMG_1895 2.jpg

• Like 8