Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Sorry to hear about the technical issues. What parts are you designing for the Wild One out of interest?

We are still in Fiji on holiday but a cyclone has arrived so we’ve been room bound for the last 24 hours. Not too bad but I did get bored and buy a few things ;) including a suspension set for my Hotshot which I think I’m more excited about than I should be 😆

10353C7C-3768-4121-9575-77511907C5C2.thumb.jpeg.2882bb7dba5c0660fa8192a444aa6e64.jpeg

I’ve also ordered lots of bits and pieces from RCMart which will be waiting for me when I get back and more parts from Tony in the UK.

I’ve also decided to take most of the rest of the month off so will hopefully get some decent building done. The pile is growing!

Excellent catch! I've been looking for this set for quite a long time!

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Got my PCR test back. Positive though not surprised as have had symptoms since Wednesday evening when I did a LFT that turned positive in about 5 seconds!!! So I’m isolating in my own house with my son, who we’ve worked out brought it in and my wife who has cold symptoms but is negative. Don’t get it!!!!

That’s tough J.

Hopefully it passes quickly and mildly 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Sup’ family went to Big Bear For the week for some sledding and snow crawling. My 6yr old son sledded into another kid, epically wiping out the kid. Proud dad here…

3DAA8E22-381A-442F-8B9E-7430613D6231.jpeg

On the way back we stopped to visit the crawling compound of YouTube user “drisotope”.  He has turned his backyard into the most extraordinary crawl haven I have ever seen.

https://youtube.com/c/drisotope

3A1B9344-EC66-4F4E-BD51-3D4194B2A6C7.jpeg

BC12B6BF-0059-4034-88D3-6EC8AC81C283.jpeg

• Like 8

.. Put the ta03f rally subaru through its paces.... Oh man... It drives so so so good, it's crazy. Probably similar to xv01 but a bit better ;) and also let the wife have a go which she liked :)

IMG_20220109_225942.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-225711.jpg

IMG_20220109_230041.jpg

IMG_20220109_230023.jpg

• Like 14

Today, I just about finished my TT-02 Quattro build. Time to move on to the body.

I also contemplated wether or not I should get a few more upgrades for the car?

I ultimately decided against it. I've bought a few essentials and that's it. I don't want a car slathered in blue aluminum. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Rally! said:

I don't want a car slathered in blue aluminum. 

😯

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rally! said:

I don't want a car slathered in blue aluminum. 

All the more for me ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moffman said:

Excellent catch! I've been looking for this set for quite a long time!

Yes, I saw it a while back and kept hesitating. I’m not sure I really want the yellow shocks long term but the price dropped and it was actually the cheapest way to get all the parts and hardware needed.

@Yoshimitsu I’m not surprised you want to keep it. Such a lovely job you’ve done on it.

@Busdriver I hope you recover soon.

• Thanks 2

I can't say enough about this spray can attachment, it's so so so so so smooth.   It's nice to not have to worry about if you're sweeping smoothly enough or going to heavy in one area.

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K07091000-Snap-Spray-Handle/dp/B0002YP7SO/ref=asc_df_B0002YP7SO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242009426076&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3440638482203615236&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1021278&hvtargid=pla-422078254925&psc=1

Photo Jan 09, 8 36 47 PM.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@alvinlwh  That MysteryBox looks good.  I have a soft spot for boxy cars.  :D  Something about short boxy and bubble shaped cars (explains why I love comicals) and 2 door sports cars.  Been that way for 1:1 cars too..  I love hatchbacks and 2 door sports cars.. although I've never owned a truck.

Yeap, I see my X-90 as a comical MX-5, which is why I loved it. As for models I like the ugly ones as they are less popular. While I had done the obligatory P-51, Spitfire, BF109, what I really enjoyed build are the I-16 or F2A. The same carried over to RC and I actually went on a mission to find the ugliest 210mm shell when I got this bB. 

Finally got around to building my M07R. I love the build process, it's my favourite part. This one has got a TA06 ball-diff, and lots of Yeah Racing blue blingy aluminium parts.

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

And a nice dram of scotch as I build, too!

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Rally! said:

Today, I just about finished my TT-02 Quattro build. Time to move on to the body.

I also contemplated wether or not I should get a few more upgrades for the car?

I ultimately decided against it. I've bought a few essentials and that's it. I don't want a car slathered in blue aluminum. 

Looking forward to seeing another Quattro body.👌

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Great Vid @Nicadraus luv in’ the sound track 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks! 😊

I'm still trying to familiarize using the new iSteady gimbal I bought last Christmas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Looking forward to seeing another Quattro body.👌

I can't wait to start on it. I'll have to wait until the weather warms up a bit as it's too cold to spray paint in the garage.

My idea for the body is an over all white with minimal sponsor logos. I'm imagining a scenario where Audi are doing pre-season tests on the car and so it doesn't have its' full livery yet. I think it'll look good. If not, I can just do the regular livery.

We'll see.

Still up in the mountain with close to zero internet, quick update now that I can use the one in the village while sipping on a hot chocolate 😅

The TT-02 chassis is done as of today. Nothing important to declare so far, only that the mini CVAs were not that easy to adapt. I did end up trimming one of the infamous plastic tabs on the rear suspension/uprights, namely the one on the upper part of the lower suspension arm, with much benefit for both the install of the shocks and their actual travel. This made the rear just like the front, allowing the chassis to sit flush with both front and rear at exactly the same height from the ground (while doing my homework before the build, I remember reading this has been an issue for some people). 

I aldo did a small modification on the receiver case, deciding to adapt it to the ESC instead. Reason for that is, my receiver is extra small and waterproof while the ESC is not and it did fit perfectly, therefore making me want to give it a try by trimming out one side in order for the cables to have a way out. Overheating won't be a problem at all as long as it's winter and I run the stock silver can, and I can unscrew the top lid anytime if needed. I wonder how many others went for this solution for winter running? Here you can see the trimmed part of the case cover lid

20220108-224342.jpg

Fitting all the wires and tidying them up down low was quite a thing as it gets crammed in there. It took me way longer than expected 20220110-163657.jpg

I liked the feeling of an urethane bumper. I liked less the fact of not having one for the back! So I've decided to devise one myself, carving it out of a piece pf industrial styrofoam. Worked a charm first try.

20220110-124953.jpg20220110-125903.jpg20220110-130523.jpg

Once painted black, it blended in perfectly 20220110-142100.jpg

...and the chassis is done! As my first on road car, I found that it takes some getting used to regarding its looks, at least for me. But by now I already like it and definitely start getting their specific appeal, even though mine is basically stock, besides bearings and CVAs.

20220110-163949.jpg

One thing is for sure: I literally can't wait to be able to trim off those fugly fugly body posts! I know I'll get some hate for this, but no way on earth I would ever leave them like this 😖🤢🤣🤣 

A first mock fit for the body. All seems well, but by now I realize I won't be able to finish it by the time I have to leave the mountain. Hopefully I'll get to trim it and paint it at least, so I can keep going with the stickers in the next place, but that too seems ambitious as of now (leaving tomorrow).

20220110-163816.jpg

Last two pics with both bumpers on, after a quick test drive in the icy driveway which felt mouth watering in a very good way. Can't wait to finish the body now, so I can start driving my Lancia Delta!!!

20220110-163853.jpg

20220110-163915.jpg

• Like 14

@Ferruz

Looks great so far.

The more rally cars, the better.

I started a thread on the ride height issue about a week ago. 

I like your idea about using the receiver case for the ESC. I'm in Canada so over-heating won't be an issue right now. :D

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rally! said:

@Ferruz

Looks great so far.

The more rally cars, the better.

I started a thread on the ride height issue about a week ago. 

I like your idea about using the receiver case for the ESC. I'm in Canada so over-heating won't be an issue right now. :D

Thank you, and yes it's exactly your thread I was referring to so thanks for that as well.

I too will be back in Canada at the end of the month -if the pandemic situation allowes- so I know what you mean :D

• Like 1

Took the mystery BOX out for a proper test drive on a cleaner, but damp surface.

spacer.png

• Like 2

3D printed a few book stands, so i could start work on my display cabinets. The stands are for my instruction books :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for me,  it was my first try using translucent resin. I also hollowed them out, which gave a funky pattern inside B). Nevertheless they turned a little yellowish after UV hardening.

JV8Wqts.jpg

So after trying them out, i decided to spray paint the feet in the Tamiya colours reflecting the car.

LBdJeld.jpg  W6RmdL3.jpg

Also sorted out my other two display cabinets for my McDonalds 1/87 and diecast collection. (I work in the EU HQ of McDonalds Logistics, they are our company's lorries)

K9umRzL.jpg

Now got to print some mini stands for my batteries and motors.

• Like 8

Had a go with the Tomahawk in the snow. What a blast. Now with calibrated SVC I can do looong high speed drifts with total control.

On Friday we had -10C and perfect conditions. Now it's about 0C. Because of the wetter snow I now rather gonna use the time to solder cables to a new, more Postal-friendly 23T motorB).

• Like 1