Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

What the heck are we talking about here??!!  :lol:    How to go from zero to couch in under 5 sec?

It is always comforting for me to know that she is not a TC member. 

• Haha 2

Age and poor body fit, nearly done. Just the screen, mirrors and indicators left to go. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

Today I picked up and ordered online parts for the barn find Manta Ray.  Restoring is becoming more costly than anticipated.  May stick to new kits in the future 😳

Another test with UV glue. I made a ghetto-cowling. I didn't like the nose of the autogiro being a flat vertical piece.  

It does a solid job gluing Lexan parts, without fogging up the clear parts like superglue would.  

8pU2sLv.jpg

My brush set donated the Lexan piece... anything for art... I mean, RC...

Ejy3cQA.jpg

• Like 5

Finished work at 6am and then managed to extend the wheelbase of my CEN solid axle monster truck upto 12.5 inches. Which is just about right imo. 👍

xRoMZiA.jpeg

Looking forward to next week as I have a few new parts coming including some new big bore dual rated dampers.

James.

• Like 10

19 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

More "working" from home. 

spacer.png

I had that exact same kit back in 198-something. Probably about 1985 I think. You've done a better job of it than I did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c64orinoco said:

I had that exact same kit back in 198-something. Probably about 1985 I think. You've done a better job of it than I did.

1983 it was released, same age as my wife. I always like it, perhaps the large choke switch that makes it so unique. 

I don't think I do a good job, just camera angle to avoid showing my mistakes. 🤐

• Like 1

Nothing hugely exciting, but I’ve just bought the 2 part chassis plates for my Sand Scorcher, decided to stick with vintage as my wallet is hurting this month 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frankster said:

Today I picked up and ordered online parts for the barn find Manta Ray.  Restoring is becoming more costly than anticipated.  May stick to new kits in the future 😳

:lol: Yes, but restoring vintage cars has a special intimate feel.  GL with the restoration.  

10 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Modified TD4 steering, thanks @matisse !

F6F12CCA-662E-4A9E-AAF3-8C1B25CB79EC.jpeg

Steering looks better and more direct.  Is it hard to remove battery with the servo horn overlap?   Is changing the battery with a screw driver to loosen the damper assembly a pain?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

:lol: Yes, but restoring vintage cars has a special intimate feel.  GL with the restoration.  

I agree, but the Manta Ray is not a special car. If it was an Egress, F150 or Boomerang that is a different story 🤗

12 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Age and poor body fit, nearly done. Just the screen, mirrors and indicators left to go. 

spacer.png

Woke up one morning to the sound of one of these revving it’s nuts off in my drive & looked out my bedroom window to see it was my Dad! Wow! I raced downstairs full of excitement & joy that he’d finally traded in his elderly Fiat 128 & bought something cool but I went outside I was told one of my mates had pushed it there to leave overnight because someone had smashed a beer glass on it & a piece of the glass handle had jammed the linkage so the throttles were wide open. Oh well, at least I got a ride on the back when he picked it up. My Superdream never did feel quick after that. Good job there fella & thanks for the memories! 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Frankster said:

I agree, but the Manta Ray is not a special car. If it was an Egress, F150 or Boomerang that is a different story 🤗

Don’t let @nel33 hear that!! 

Not sure where he went.. maybe out with the drunken penguins.  :lol:

Today I’ve been masking, and unmasking, masking again, unmasking, then when it was time to wash the body for the third time for attempt No.3, I gave up. On the plus side rock cakes appeared in the kitchen so I had one of those with a coffee.

Like rock cakes.

Hate masking. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mad Zero said:

Today I’ve been masking, and unmasking, masking again, unmasking, then when it was time to wash the body for the third time for attempt No.3, I gave up. On the plus side rock cakes appeared in the kitchen so I had one of those with a coffee.

Like rock cakes.

Hate masking. 

This post deserves photos...of rock cakes.

• Haha 1

After completely rebuilding my cat sx I took to a good friend who is an absolute wizard with a spray gun and give him complete freedom to spray the body so all the body parts got took off again! Its going to take a few weeks because he is in so much demand!

20220122_160101.jpg

• Like 5

As posted earlier, the XR311 torso is a solid piece so forstner bit the neck area to clear the helmet base (Willy’s neck) and drilled through for the mounting screw.

IMG_2022-1-22-110944.jpg.3e2f7cf4e080dc2ed6d68bfa1be9626e.jpg

IMG_2022-1-22-110928.jpg.74df6b9cdd5614dbc7358025cba341b1.jpg

IMG_2022-1-22-110908.jpg.856e57756cc8c24844512e8eed68a729.jpg

Now starting to look like a Willy appropriate car.  :D

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Don’t let @nel33 hear that!! 

Not sure where he went.. maybe out with the drunken penguins.  :lol:

ive been a bit distracted by life recently and other hobbies. as a result RC content has fallen a bit in my daily life. my 2 traxxas batteries went dormant as i didnt keep up with charging them. didnt take too many steps to try and awaken them yet.

i did see more than a few penguins in the past 2 weeks, the cold winter snap in Montreal isnt very warm at all! my work requires me to work inside and outside so layers are very important.

20 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

A nice upgrade for the front of a TL01 is the U shaped shaft to hold the bottom arms in place instead of the 2 long screws. I believe the TL01B came with it, the front bumper holds it in place. 👍 . Adds alot more strength to that weak lower arm link.

qH7M8rZ.jpeg

James.

My solution for this on my TL01 is the brace from the GF01.

DSC05754.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

As posted earlier, the XR311 torso is a solid piece so forstner bit the neck area to clear the helmet base (Willy’s neck) and drilled through for the mounting screw.

IMG_2022-1-22-110944.jpg.3e2f7cf4e080dc2ed6d68bfa1be9626e.jpg

IMG_2022-1-22-110928.jpg.74df6b9cdd5614dbc7358025cba341b1.jpg

IMG_2022-1-22-110908.jpg.856e57756cc8c24844512e8eed68a729.jpg

Now starting to look like a Willy appropriate car.  :D

I think this is going to end up a much sharper looking vehicle than Mr T ever envisaged. I have to say it’s one of the few vehicles left on my list and you doing it is making my clicking finger itchy!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I think this is going to end up a much sharper looking vehicle than Mr T ever envisaged. I have to say it’s one of the few vehicles left on my list and you doing it is making my clicking finger itchy!!!

Yeah, definitely a different type of RC as it is a plastic model first, but if you’re into that I think you’re going to enjoy it.  I definitely am.

Just got back from my ghetto paint booth to touch up the windshield frame cement joint area and the chassis where the top and bottom halves get glued.

IMG_2022-1-22-134947.jpg.bb275aa0adf810a26359b7aebe6a8d77.jpg

IMG_2022-1-22-134955.jpg.3afb9f68693cbb98c1025cb2205595ab.jpg

Update.. sanded Willy’s body and glued his arms.   Going to let it dry overnight.  

IMG_2022-1-22-151344.jpg.23c6cb6951e51c4bc1c4415bba9664d4.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4