Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, definitely a different type of RC as it is a plastic model first, but if you’re into that I think you’re going to enjoy it.  I definitely am.

Just got back from my ghetto paint booth to touch up the windshield frame cement joint area and the chassis where the top and bottom halves get glued.

IMG_2022-1-22-134947.jpg.bb275aa0adf810a26359b7aebe6a8d77.jpg

IMG_2022-1-22-134955.jpg.3afb9f68693cbb98c1025cb2205595ab.jpg

It seems every vehicle has spotless spray.  You are using regular Tamiya cans, right? 

Are they discriminating against me or you've got the Midas touch?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

It seems every vehicle has spotless spray.  You are using regular Tamiya cans, right? 

Are they discriminating against me or you've got the Midas touch?  

Yes, just the usual TS spray.  

I seriously doubt I have any special talents, Juggular!  :lol:  I know my pops told me early on I was a dud.. I never questioned him. 

• Haha 1

Well today I received my shocks I thought wouldn't arrive until next week. They look gorgeous, but are a bit too long for my monster truck. And tbh there are not up to the job anyways. They seem more suited to a shelf car, like a crawler of some sorts.

A shame as I say they do look good.

Anyways, managed to get my longer driveshafts delivered and for some weird reason the end knuckle and pin is huge. Possibly 1/8 scale. Anyways after 10 minutes with the Dremel I got it to fit, only for my one and only griding disc to turn to nothing 🤦‍♂️ FFS. Note to self order more Dremel discs. Anyways I have had enough r/c fails today, time for a few beers, film and bed. 👍🍺

James

• Sad 1

@InsaneJim69 Ouch, sorry to hear.  Is it possible to get a shorter shaft for the dampers you got today?  Is it standard shaft/piston?  

Enjoy the rest of your evening though!

Changed the steel screws on the bottom of the MG Evo to SS screws as they are already showing signs of rust after just 1 run. Also replaced some rounded screws with a delivery from eBay. The 3R kits has no spares at all! 

spacer.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Frankster said:

Steering looks better and more direct.  Is it hard to remove battery with the servo horn overlap?   Is changing the battery with a screw driver to loosen the damper assembly a pain?

You have to maneuver the battery out or you can just pop off the servo turnbuckle real quick. The 2 screws to loosen the damper assembly are easy to do. With this steering, the servo flex is gone, less slop, and you don’t have to worry about those 2 additional hinge pins to work with. 

13 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

You have to maneuver the battery out or you can just pop off the servo turnbuckle real quick. The 2 screws to loosen the damper assembly are easy to do. With this steering, the servo flex is gone, less slop, and you don’t have to worry about those 2 additional hinge pins to work with. 

Can you describe the mod and list parts please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Can you describe the mod and list parts please.

In the TD chassis mods thread. TD OCD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Decided I am never working with Hi Viz tape again.

54-AFD0-C5-F1-A7-4520-B576-D8-FBF7-C3221

Do you mean the see through?  Can you stack the vinyl where needed?  

• Thanks 1

Worked a bit on the Wild One which is now close to final state...

A3mAFGY.jpg

34LAqsd.jpg

wNpYVoA.jpg

The 13.5T brushless works well. this will be a lot of fun

UdhBNYF.jpg

(decided to hide this as it is not suitable for familial content :-) )

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Do you mean the see through?  Can you stack the vinyl where needed?  

No the yellow reflective tape. It is meant for industrial applications so it is very thick.

18 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

A3mAFGY.jpg

34LAqsd.jpg

wNpYVoA.jpg

Hide contents

UdhBNYF.jpg

Hope your still alive. My wife would have killed me!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Hope your still alive. My wife would have killed me!!!

I paid attention to do this try while she was not here... Clean up is done, there is no left traces of the crime :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I think this is going to end up a much sharper looking vehicle than Mr T ever envisaged. I have to say it’s one of the few vehicles left on my list and you doing it is making my clicking finger itchy!!!

Just cancelled my pre order for the Super Astute and swapped it with an XR311!!! Nothing wrong with TD2 just didn’t think I needed another Buggy for know. Like you I enjoy the modelling. I’m thinking dessert colour with some form of armaments!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, definitely a different type of RC as it is a plastic model first, but if you’re into that I think you’re going to enjoy it.  I definitely am.

Just got back from my ghetto paint booth to touch up the windshield frame cement joint area and the chassis where the top and bottom halves get glued.

IMG_2022-1-22-134947.jpg.bb275aa0adf810a26359b7aebe6a8d77.jpg

IMG_2022-1-22-134955.jpg.3afb9f68693cbb98c1025cb2205595ab.jpg

Update.. sanded Willy’s body and glued his arms.   Going to let it dry overnight.  

IMG_2022-1-22-151344.jpg.23c6cb6951e51c4bc1c4415bba9664d4.jpg

Is this the xr311 or Lamborghini cheetah? I always get these mixed up? Many many years ago I had a work colleague was building the Lamborghini cheetah and had made a mess of the painting (he wanted the livery on the side of the box that had the cheetah face on the bonnet) so I said I have some "stuff" that can remove the mess:D long story short I put "stuff" on it melted the whole front part:wacko: he moved house and job and I never seen him again!.........in fairness I don't think he completely changed his life because I destroyed his rc car I think it was on the cards way before that? Luckily for me:unsure:

Postie dropped this off for me today! I didn't think postman/women worked on a Sunday? Good for me because I got this it was one of those Ebay wins that you just put down one bid and hope for the best!  99% of the time your outbid but this time I wasn't;) obviously paid a little more than I wanted to but in fairness it's in a lot better condition than it looked in the photos and has never had anything soldered on it so overall I'm very happy with the condition 

20220123_155905.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Decided I am never working with Hi Viz tape again.

54-AFD0-C5-F1-A7-4520-B576-D8-FBF7-C3221

Have you tried driving this at night?  Interesting to see how reflective the decal is

29 minutes ago, moffman said:

Is this the xr311 or Lamborghini cheetah? I always get these mixed up? Many many years ago I had a work colleague was building the Lamborghini cheetah and had made a mess of the painting (he wanted the livery on the side of the box that had the cheetah face on the bonnet) so I said I have some "stuff" that can remove the mess:D long story short I put "stuff" on it melted the whole front part:wacko: he moved house and job and I never seen him again!.........in fairness I don't think he completely changed his life because I destroyed his rc car I think it was on the cards way before that? Luckily for me:unsure:

Ouch!  

I've destroyed my fat buddy, Morio's, plastic model truck he wanted me to build back in 4th grade and I am still traumatized by it.  :lol:   I messed up the front and rear drive axles when I inserted the wrong wheel on the wrong axle and no way to remove it once snapped into place.. well, back then it was at least.  And it was an expensive kit too, thus the reason why he wanted me to build it.   I remember apologizing to him and his mom for the screw up.  My buddy screamed in horror and I was about to punch him in the face for being an ******* even though I manned up and apologized and offered to pay for the kit.  :D 

This is the XR311.   I had to shovel snow (snow thrower), clean up a few huge music gear boxes to prep for recycling, and do some trim caulking around the house this morning so haven't had time to do much on the car.. just putty the driver body, paint the black trim.  I will be using Mr.Super Clear at the end to reduce the brush strokes.  

IMG_2022-1-23-104917.jpg.b5d71e777d8d1d11b9e050f05b289a9e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, silvertriple said:

A3mAFGY.jpg

34LAqsd.jpg

wNpYVoA.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

UdhBNYF.jpg

Sweet ride. Was it a satisfying build?  Mine is still new in a box.  

Also glad to hear you are still alive 😅

1 hour ago, Nobbi1977 said:

No the yellow reflective tape. It is meant for industrial applications so it is very thick.

Oh I see.. I mean besides the see through in a few spots which is completely hideable if desired, car looks fine to me.  ^_^

10 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Have you tried driving this at night?  Interesting to see how reflective the decal is

Not yet 🤩

Started on my TT-02 build.  Making mods to suspension for higher ground clearance and better steering angle 8E254E02-7C3D-4B8B-9CC8-CDEB2B069A73.jpeg.f9af011d235136baab9757e8b5bae625.jpegB78ACF91-1F0B-48DD-AB16-D0EB6B687037.jpeg.361c8a3e0a43d8c29fe32857dcd5381d.jpeg

going to trim spindle as this is a low point in double wishbone  EEDDB422-C795-4B67-9AFF-39705464E4F6.jpeg.26b40dde494e6e758b0eff6f36ba8842.jpeg4687314A-FA0A-454B-AD1D-176F3C3AED34.jpeg.7812e07bd027401f8981586b27da9c05.jpegcut the rear bottom tab D73321BC-CE22-47A2-B976-1F60B570701D.jpeg.e9d6029b827d4b4b5cc35196a88b04d1.jpeg0ED4362B-48E2-453B-9832-80684A11D30D.jpeg.7a35e8e6504b446242217a8df998e4d1.jpegconsiderable drop on left compared to stock on right side 

6A0C4CEF-2D91-45C1-B28E-1AF0445C6EED.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Sweet ride. Was it a satisfying build?  Mine is still new in a box.  

Also glad to hear you are still alive 😅

My wife is back, she went around, there is no traces, and I'm still alive :-)

And for the build, except the fact I had to workaround the blue pre painted body shell (would have clearly preferred and unpainted body), it was nice build. Have a look at my build thread for details...