Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, matisse said:

Built the dampers and got the TD4 finished

499C1EE2-2BF9-485E-8D86-D1EB05E7EA09.md.

Did you do something with the body?  It looks “slimmer” that box art… in a good way 😉

• Like 1

Hummm.. was about to enjoy a nice drive with Billy’s Beetle before lunch, fired up just fine, moved forward 1cm and the TBLE02S just died.. :blink:

Looks like I won’t be driving this one today..  :lol:

IMG_2022-1-23-120324.jpg.7cf36531394542a1df4c9cb5743e5f20.jpg

I have a couple of 1060’s so will swap it out next time. 

Update.. never mind.. both my NiMH for this car were drained since I’ve not driven since like before Thanksgiving..  I borrowed a battery from another car and drove fine.  :D

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Made a start on my Blitzer Blackfoot driver figure's face by trying to give him a vaguely human skin tone. I think he looks ill...

2022-01-22_08-19-52

Jaundice maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Made a start on my Blitzer Blackfoot driver figure's face by trying to give him a vaguely human skin tone. I think he looks ill...

2022-01-22_08-19-52

I Still think this driver figure looks like Michael Myers from Halloween even more so he's white:blink:!

Finished the Carrera RSR TT02 this afternoon.  Big thanks to @Rally!  for the link to the steering and rear suspension mods.  Made a noticeable difference in both.  I do have a Hobbyking interior on the way for it so hopefully it can be adapted to work with this body.  

911 TT02 2.jpg

• Like 6

I managed to destroy 2 wheels from my Police Rover SD1 project. They came with pre glued tyres and need painting silver. After watching a few You Tube videos on how to remove the tyres i went for the Acetone method. After 2hrs the whole middle section of the wheels had completely melted away :(. Completely annoyed with myself, i went off and put the other two surviving wheels into a pan full of water, let it boil and left them for 10 minutes. The tyres just popped off :o. Now i need to go and buy another set :angry:.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

I managed to destroy 2 wheels from my Police Rover SD1 project. They came with pre glued tyres and need painting silver. After watching a few You Tube videos on how to remove the tyres i went for the Acetone method. After 2hrs the whole middle section of the wheels had completely melted away :(. Completely annoyed with myself, i went off and put the other two surviving wheels into a pan full of water, let it boil and left them for 10 minutes. The tyres just popped off :o. Now i need to go and buy another set :angry:.

Sorry to hear.   Hang in there!

I actually sprayed my CR01's current wheels while the tires were still on the wheels because they came pre-glued.

I used Tamiya's masking tape for curves, followed by standard Tamiya mask (10mm), then 3M masking tape to wrap butcher (packing) paper.

IMG_Nov212021at85214AM.jpg.e7bdcefab8a8e56c46566a80140e84f0.jpg

End product looked like this with the graphite TS for the entire wheel, matte brush painted bead locks.  

Shiny perimeter is the pre-applied superglue.  No paint on that.

IMG_Nov212021at52219PM.jpg.ce5800e1fa67a93add00e9253f16926b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Sorry to hear.   Hang in there!

I actually sprayed my CR01's current wheels while the tires were still on the wheels because they came pre-glued.

I used Tamiya's masking tape for curves, followed by standard Tamiya mask (10mm), and 3M masking tape wrapped in butcher (packing) paper.

IMG_Nov212021at85214AM.jpg.e7bdcefab8a8e56c46566a80140e84f0.jpg

Cheers Willy, i will :). I couldn´t get the masking tape to stick to the rubber tyres. I used Tamiya 2mm tape for the curves but it kept coming up. Another reason why i wanted to remove them, was the shocking amount of glue all over the wheels. Including visible fingerprints.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

Cheers Willy, i will :). I couldn´t get the masking tape to stick to the rubber tyres. I used Tamiya 2mm tape for the curves but it kept coming up. Another reason why i wanted to remove them, was the shocking amount of glue all over the wheels. Including visible fingerprints.

I see... I use motor spray to clean the sidewalls to remove all release oil on the tires.   CRC MAF Cleaner also works... honestly I think it's the same product as I compared the cleaning and evaporation characteristics side by side.. even smells the same... tasted the same too.  jk. ;) 

@Yoshimitsu That's a classy and warm looking bronze you got there!.

1 hour ago, OnTheTrail said:

Finished the Carrera RSR TT02 this afternoon.  Big thanks to @Rally!  for the link to the steering and rear suspension mods.  Made a noticeable difference in both.  I do have a Hobbyking interior on the way for it so hopefully it can be adapted to work with this body.  

911 TT02 2.jpg

Looking sharp.  Working on one myself. 

@OnTheTrail and @Rally! Can you share the suspension and steering mods you did for TT-02?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lee1075 said:

Sorry to hear.  Been there done that.  Ruined a pair of wheels and two tires on my Beetle Rally trying to get them unglued.  I don't think there's perfect method that works 100% of the time.  Tried four different methods to get the glued tires off my Traxxas Defender.   Finally worked with a heat gun but slightly warped one wheel (which is now the spare tire on the back).  I wish all kits came with three piece bead lock style rims.  

51 minutes ago, Frankster said:

@OnTheTrail and @Rally! Can you share the suspension and steering mods you did for TT-02?

@Frankster  Here's the other thread with Rally!'s links.   I only did the one where you trim the center prop shaft cover.   Also, removed the tab on the lower rear A arm to get the rear suspension to line up with the front.   I will be doing the others during the build on my Quattro rally when ever it gets here.  

• Like 1

@Frankster Mark Bryan video gets all the credit. I haven't even done them to my Quattro, yet. 

@OnTheTrail I'm glad it sits level, now. I noticed that the front sits a couple of mm's higher than the rear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Willy iine

Shiny perimeter is the pre-applied superglue.  No paint on that.

IMG_Nov212021at52219PM.jpg.ce5800e1fa67a93add00e9253f16926b.jpg

Can you elaborate on the superglue method?   So you're saying the silver looking rings are not paint but rather superglue?

1 minute ago, Rally! said:

.... I noticed that the front sits a couple of mm's higher than the rear.

Yeah it's apparently a thing on the TT02 chassis.  Not sure why though.  The fix to shave off the small A arm tab is super easy.  Took longer to take everything off to get at it then it did to slice it off with the Exacto.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OnTheTrail said:

Yeah it's apparently a thing on the TT02 chassis.  Not sure why though.  The fix to shave off the small A arm tab is super easy.  Took longer to take everything off to get at it then it did to slice it off with the Exacto.  

Yup. I even started a thread about it. I thought I screwed something up at first. 

Met up with a fellow TCer and got my BL working on the TBLE-04S. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Is it because the car is heavier @ the back? 

10 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

@Frankster  Here's the other thread with Rally!'s links.   I only did the one where you trim the center prop shaft cover.   Also, removed the tab on the lower rear A arm to get the rear suspension to line up with the front.   I will be doing the others during the build on my Quattro rally when ever it gets here.  

Thanks.  I actually saw the same video as well. Top search on YouTube 

On 1/21/2022 at 2:50 AM, Yoshimitsu said:

51832427303_f722e5a9e9_k.jpg

51833046490_041bed4061_k.jpg

It was -1 when I was painting in my garage this afternoon. 😬

I bought a Giulia after seeing some really nice ones on here but the cold has put me off painting it.

@Yoshimitsu what paint do you add to the outside of the polycarbonate body to get the matte look?

ever try more than the hood, roof and trunk?

11 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Can you elaborate on the superglue method?   So you're saying the silver looking rings are not paint but rather superglue?

If you zoom into the picture you can see the superglue outside the silver (gunmetal) lip if the wheel.  That area was masked using the masking tape for curves.  

I found out today that the XR311 was a real vehicle, though it never got far past the prototype stage. I always thought it was a Tamiya invention based on a Cheetah? As it happens although there are visual similarities they are not connected. There are a few pictures on the net with various types of armament from .50cal machine guns to Tow rocket launchers. Now I have one on order I must think about how to replicate some of the armament and do non box art!!!

4 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Is it because the car is heavier @ the back? 

No, there's no droop at all.  The springs are too stiff for that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

If you zoom into the picture you can see the superglue outside the silver (gunmetal) lip if the wheel.  That area was masked using the masking tape for curves.  

Oh now I see it.  I'm sorry, I thought you painted the outer rim with superglue somehow.  LOL.