Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, FourthProtocol said:

Working on a cowling for my DT-03 -based snow plane.

spacer.png

That's cool. I would like to see a build thread.

19 hours ago, FourthProtocol said:

Working on a cowling for my DT-03 -based snow plane.

spacer.png

That's cool. I would like to see a build thread.

13 hours ago, Frankster said:

Hard to visualize at the moment but looking forward to seeing the final product

Agreed, here is the base, main transparent blue part and cover. The red and clear part which will fill the holes is printing just now. No post processing has been done yet, i.e no sanding down, some of the support tips are still visible etc etc. Just removed the supports and test fitted. 

Lightbar unprocessed (1).jpg

Lightbar unprocessed (3).jpg

Lightbar unprocessed (4).jpg

Lightbar oem.jpg

Edit: Testing to see if the leds fit, they do :). Size and shape comparison to the eBay blue lightbar.

20220128_134635.jpg

20220128_133402.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Very cool, @Lee1075!!

Cheers Willy :) All credit goes to our ta03 expert really, as he designed it all.

• Like 1

I got the electronics installed, took for a short test drive to set up, and it all works.  

TBLE04S is just as bad as TBLE02S for modulation.   I also noticed the motor wires are reversed.. meaning yellow goes to green on the motor on this car.  (Yes, I also tired reverse on the TX side).   I may swap it out for a 1060 later. 

IMG_2022-1-28-082450.jpg.2fcf2976d10c4e3ea2b5f55d90e14fec.jpg

IMG_2022-1-28-082443.jpg.bb57c7a04e2b2a4121ceff650deefcd5.jpg

I’m going to try to finish it later today.  :D

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@ferruz what a lovely discovery. That Fox is great and the Red Bull livery kit is super cool. Love it!

Thank you! Actually, the Red Bull livery was not a kit but my own idea: I just painted the shell the right colour and hacked the stickers from a 1:43 Burago car :lol:

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Do people still race these in the UK?? What kind of track do they run on?

Not sure about the UK, and I don't know about the current mini 4WD situation here in Italy either. Back in the day it used to be a huge success, and not only amongst kids but adults as well. Somebody told me about the street races with hockey sticks like @GeeWings mentioned a while ago, but I've never seen it myself.

Speaking of 1:43 Burago, I finally got around to achieving an idea I had a while ago. Another time capsule! 

I cut a couple plexiglass sheets to measure, in order to protect my prized 1:43 "buraghine" collection. Now they are finally safe, no need to dust them and no risk of breaking them anymore. Keeps the room tidier as well, for the benefit of my mom that uses it for teaching a few times a week.

I think it turned out nice!

20220128-141049.jpg

20220128-141409.jpg

20220128-141634.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Do people still race these in the UK?? What kind of track do they run on?

https://mini4wd.uk/

I am planning to, if I got the money, to open a Mini 4WD themed cafe. But need to get my hands on some tracks to guage market interest first. Tracks are pretty hard and expensive to get in the UK. 

I finished the car this morning and been driving it a few times.  It’s everything I hoped for, very happy with how well it runs, nice turn radius too.  :D

The suspension is set just hard enough to prevent bounce and it just drives so realistically it’s kind of like a CC01 feel.  

Top speed is slow as I like it, comes with 2 lower gear sets, but I think the car drives fine at the lowest speed gear setting.  The ESC can use a bit more modulation when going over larger bumps realistically. 

I will take more pictures later on in the evening for the picture-only thread. 

IMG_2022-1-28-121248.jpg.3aa9df21f7895e1a819b0895393b7a46.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I finished the car this morning and been driving it a few times.  It’s everything I hoped for, very happy with how well it runs, nice turn radius too.  :D

The suspension is set just hard enough to prevent bounce and it just drives so realistically it’s kind of like a CC01 feel.  

Top speed is slow as I like it, comes with 2 lower gear sets, but I think the car drives fine at the lowest speed gear setting.  The ESC can use a bit more modulation when going over larger bumps realistically. 

I will take more pictures later on in the evening for the picture-only thread. 

IMG_2022-1-28-121248.jpg.3aa9df21f7895e1a819b0895393b7a46.jpg

Mine is being delivered on Monday. Different them planned in either dessert or if I’m very brave urban combat. Also will be equipped with a TOW missile launcher and maybe Arnie!!!

7 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Mine is being delivered on Monday. Different them planned in either dessert or if I’m very brave urban combat. Also will be equipped with a TOW missile launcher and maybe Arnie!!!

Nice~!  I think you’re going to like this car.  I’m going to put a few boxes in the interior to close up that empty space   

51 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I assembled a thing

232759A6-BE27-4575-A4D7-E816AF1CDAE9.jpg

Hopped up with one 1150 bearing!

Hope you took your time and enjoyed it! 😅

But seriously, even for me, just adding a very small 2 screw hop up can be therapeutic 🙂

Haven't been in here since earlyish December, haven't touched an rc or bought in just as long. Got a car out and just stared at it last night.

Actually I lie. I sold my Carbon CPE Clod, and my Kyosho DRX last week. Also sold my caged 1:1 Honda that I've owned for 20 years this year, that was hard to let go 😔 it felt like I sold one of my kids. 

All my focus has been on my 1:1 truck, as that comes out of the panel and paint shop next week. The guy who runs the shop has helped me get my truck back, which was going to be written off in August last year, but he managed to swing a few favours (he owns a Chevelle and I got him a 1:24 of it, and have stopped by every week from August to Xmas with two boxes of beer to say thanks) and juggle the insurance Co, so I could get it back, and pay the balance to get the whole truck refinished.

Ive had a family member pass away, a good friend pass away, and I also tore my rotator cuff 3 weeks ago, so RC has just taken a back seat for a while. But I get to look at my bargain Rimu cabinet with 4 of my m chassis cars, and my tank sitting atop, to remind me how much I love the hobby, and it isn't going away. 😊

lzdR4XK.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

@berman Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences.   And sorry to hear about your torn rotator cuff.  ouch.. !  Hope you recover soon.

My wife's been complaining of shoulder pain for almost a year now.. it was initially her left shoulder, now it's her right shoulder.. in her case just getting old like me.   Enjoy your RC and GL with your 1:1 truck!!

BTW, your CRX looks nice!    I remember the days when those cars (1:1) were new.  Such a blast to drive.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, berman said:

Hope you took your time and enjoyed it! 😅

But seriously, even for me, just adding a very small 2 screw hop up can be therapeutic 🙂

Haven't been in here since earlyish December, haven't touched an rc or bought in just as long. Got a car out and just stared at it last night.

Actually I lie. I sold my Carbon CPE Clod, and my Kyosho DRX last week. Also sold my caged 1:1 Honda that I've owned for 20 years this year, that was hard to let go 😔 it felt like I sold one of my kids. 

All my focus has been on my 1:1 truck, as that comes out of the panel and paint shop next week. The guy who runs the shop has helped me get my truck back, which was going to be written off in August last year, but he managed to swing a few favours (he owns a Chevelle and I got him a 1:24 of it, and have stopped by every week from August to Xmas with two boxes of beer to say thanks) and juggle the insurance Co, so I could get it back, and pay the balance to get the whole truck refinished.

Ive had a family member pass away, a good friend pass away, and I also tore my rotator cuff 3 weeks ago, so RC has just taken a back seat for a while. But I get to look at my bargain Rimu cabinet with 4 of my m chassis cars, and my tank sitting atop, to remind me how much I love the hobby, and it isn't going away. 😊

lzdR4XK.jpeg

Sorry to hear of your loss.

That R5Turbo though, the stance is perfection 😍👍

James.

• Thanks 1

Had a disaster of a day today. Took the pair of 3Rs out for a drive, testing the MG Evo on new 239mm WB and new gear ratio, and the freshly finished M4. 

spacer.png

It was blowing a Force 9 out there but we are used to it here. 

spacer.png

First the MG Evo (NSU). After no more than 2 minutes, the sound of motor spinning with no movement again. No clicking sound this time, the roar of the wind drowns everything out. The pinion had came off again! This time the grab screw was treadlocked. Somehow, I managed to recover it again in the dark. After close inspection, it seems that the grab screw is too smooth to do any "grabbing". Lesson learnt. 

spacer.png

However, things got worse. Took out the mint M4 (Suzuki) for a drive. Set the trim and started getting a feel of the thing. Was having fun with this chassis when a gust of 50mph wind caught the body and lifted it off the chassis. Wind was blowing in my direction and I bent down to try and catch it. Instead, the wind caught my glasses and blew them away too. Without them, I am effectively blind at -7.something. Made an emergency call to my wife who had to come out (walk) in the Force 9 to rescue me. She managed to recover my glasses from the carpark, surprising that it was not driven over by anyone. Still functional with some scratches on the edges. Then I managed to recover the body that had been caught by a high football fence. 

Now the winds outside had gone up a notch to a proper Force 10 storm (60mph). A truly horrible day. 

• Sad 4

You've really had a rough time @berman, my condolences.Hope your shoulder heals well and you can get back to RC soon.

I didn't take nearly enough time assembling the drill but it gave me a a short break away from some frustrating work (work got its own back later with some after hours system testing).

I hope to try it out soon.

• Thanks 1

Finished printing the last part for my Police SD1 lightbar. In total it has four parts that snap together. Nothing in the pics below is sanded apart from the top cover. So the jagged edges you see are where the supports were just cut off.

Now i need to sand it down, clearcoat all the clear pieces in gloss and then paint the translucent blue and red parts. The grey cover will be silver and the base black.

20220129_004127.jpg

20220129_005316.jpg

20220129_010327.jpg

20220129_010405.jpg

20220129_010453.jpg

• Like 4

Swapped the ESC on the XR311 to 1060.. so much better than the TBLE04. :D

Stole a switch from an old TBLE02S.  

IMG_2022-1-28-191041.jpg.85541ded148e38287131de46ff4e0e72.jpg

IMG_2022-1-28-191058.jpg.11dbe3db165ec721b5ead7c10a9b874a.jpg

And updated more pictures in the photos-only thread.  :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Stole a switch from an old TBLE02S.  

Hmmm, that's a great idea.  Hope you mind if I borrow that for my Sand Scorcher.  I was just going to put a piece of tape over that huge switch box.  

Took advantage of the US HobbyKing warehouse sale and picked up a few interiors for a good price.   Wasn't sure if they'd work but with A LOT of fitting and cutting I've finally got most of the hard part done.   Hope to get it painted and decaled up over the weekend.  

RSR interior 1.jpg

RSR interior 2.jpg

• Like 3