Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, OnTheTrail said:

Hmmm, that's a great idea.  Hope you mind if I borrow that for my Sand Scorcher.  I was just going to put a piece of tape over that huge switch box.  

Yeah, definitely swap that switch! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@berman Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences.   And sorry to hear about your torn rotator cuff.  ouch.. !  Hope you recover soon.

My wife's been complaining of shoulder pain for almost a year now.. it was initially her left shoulder, now it's her right shoulder.. in her case just getting old like me.   Enjoy your RC and GL with your 1:1 truck!!

BTW, your CRX looks nice!    I remember the days when those cars (1:1) were new.  Such a blast to drive.  

Thanks man. It's still pretty painful, but have more movement and less pain than 3 weeks ago. 

Sorry to hear about your wife, it definitely sounds like something she should get looked at though.

I remember when a guy at high school brought one, we were still driving around in late 69s early 70s British cars and this guy turns up in this tiny white space ship looking thing! 😲

8 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Sorry to hear of your loss.

That R5Turbo though, the stance is perfection 😍👍

James.

Thanks James, much appreciated. Yeah I think its pretty cool too. I normally swap them around, but that one normally stays in there 😊

8 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

@berman Sorry for your loss. Get well soon so you can fully enjoy your hobby(s) again. Love the M-chassis. 

Thanks dude. The family member was a bit of a blow (sudden) but the friend deteriorated quickly and was an rc guy too. Just one of those people who was a joy to be around, you try your best to have time for them and then after they've gone, wonder what you could have done to spend more time with them.

7 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

You've really had a rough time @berman, my condolences.Hope your shoulder heals well and you can get back to RC soon.

I didn't take nearly enough time assembling the drill but it gave me a a short break away from some frustrating work (work got its own back later with some after hours system testing).

I hope to try it out soon.

Thanks BC. I think those drills and the other stuff from the educational series are quite cool. They are a good break from the norm. Hope things quieten down with work for you so you get a bit more time to tinker 🙂

• Like 2

@berman man that sounds like a pretty horrid time, feel for you mate, take some time and enjoy your M chassis’ for a bit. It truely is the greatest therapy

• Thanks 1

@berman

Matey, sorry to read about your buddy and family member, tough times.

Good to see you are re-emerging and slowly getting back to yourself though. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Nice~!  I think you’re going to like this car.  I’m going to put a few boxes in the interior to close up that empty space   

Because of the detail of the body it just begs for bits an bobs to give it more realism 

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

76610E06-C005-44E0-8B79-0FBB291B3849.jpg

Any guesses?

Jesus dude, you have really taken badly to McDonalds paper straws ? 🤔😂

James

• Haha 3

Managed to shred a propshaft in 15seconds in my CEN monster trucks first run. Still even in RWD it was a hoot, and the kids loved it's tricks. Who said Monster Jam isn't fun 🤔👍🤘

James.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Any guesses?

Not a clue but I must say I'm admiring those highly engineered paint bottle holders.   Maybe this is a stretch but have you accidently spilled some paint along the way?   LOL..... 

43 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Jesus dude, you have really taken badly to McDonalds paper straws ? 🤔😂

James

It’s a problem I have. I’m on medication but it doesn’t always work. Once it’s finished a primed in the same colour it will be more apparent. XR311 arriving Monday?

1 minute ago, OnTheTrail said:

Not a clue but I must say I'm admiring those highly engineered paint bottle holders.   Maybe this is a stretch but have you accidently spilled some paint along the way?   LOL..... 

They’re for Tamiya glue pots. Stops them brining tipped up when glueing (voice of experience!!!!)

7 minutes ago, OnTheTrail said:

After a few self-induce set backs, finally have Sand Scorcher body #1 somewhat finished.   

Sand Scorcher.jpg

Really nice. It’s good to se block colour rather than the usual two tone schemes 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:22 PM, alvinlwh said:

Circle cutter and Tamiya masking tape. 

Or even easier Tamiya masking sheet. Every modeller should have a circle cutter. They are invaluable especially if you want to change the colour of glued on wheels!

I finished an alternative body to get my hopped-up M-05 ready for a run in the racing by post tomorrow. Hope the weather is not too bad...

20220129_212833.jpg

20220129_212633.jpg

• Like 2

Nearly finished my Monster Beetle build this evening, just the body to go.

87BEA61A-2244-4631-89D9-943FEF05E2BE.jpeg

CD9C01BD-4AC3-4A38-8936-80A275F64992.jpeg

3E975C82-7B5F-40F5-8AD6-7972DC3B386D.jpeg

A35C16CF-2747-4ED9-9A2C-7112636707EB.jpeg

• Like 6